Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,160 members, 7,829,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5452312 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by captainus: 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2011
swordswifter:

@All fellow Ghanaian Nairalanders
Where in Accra can i get a 16way diseqc 1.1 switch? My 8 way diseqc switch is completely full and i have two extra dishes waiting to be connected.The info is needed urgently.Thanks!
try INTACT at North kaneshie near st theresa's sch or its branch @ A&C shopping mall.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
captainus:

try INTACT at North kaneshie near st theresa's sch or its branch @ A&C shopping mall.
I tried there once they weren't having it only the 4way diseqc switches.I hope they do have some now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spacevice(m): 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2011
swordswifter:

I tried there once they weren't having it only the 4way diseqc switches.I hope they do have some now.

Have u tried CADMUS at Osu near Ravico Clinic?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ochukss(m): 12:11am On Aug 24, 2011
dongle finally dead
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 12:56am On Aug 24, 2011
swordswifter:

@All fellow Ghanaian Nairalanders
Where in Accra can i get a 16way diseqc 1.1 switch? My 8 way diseqc switch is completely full and i have two extra dishes waiting to be connected.The info is needed urgently.Thanks!

bro contact satho and lets see

but i think if you have jack or motor it will save you cos one dish can do all the job

@Ochukss dongle finally dead but we steel have a way out fta for ever
thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 1:13am On Aug 24, 2011
You lied bad,check it out tomorrow morning and see.it will be load and clear till 31st december 2011.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 1:17am On Aug 24, 2011
@ all about w4 tp 12437H23437 today i change the lnbf and the cable but still red i use 60cm dish and it hit green
with the same receiver and the same tp and i use the old cable and the same lnbf and it hit green other tp is very high up to 93% but why this tp still red?
where do you think the problem is? brodas help me thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 3:38am On Aug 24, 2011
I Hacked:

@ all about w4 tp 12437H23437 today i change the lnbf and the cable but still red i use 60cm dish and it hit green
with the same receiver and the same tp and i use the old cable and the same lnbf and it hit green other tp is very high up to 93% but why this tp still red?
@ I Hacked, do you use disec switch? If you do, try and change it but if you don't then retry   the former dish since you hit green with 60cm you are likely to hit green with it. That trasponder is a weak trasponder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by atoje(m): 6:49am On Aug 24, 2011
I Hacked:

are u using disecq? and do u split any of the wire on the other dish u are using, if yes u will have to remove it from the splitter b4 putting it in the disecq.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2011
I Hacked:

bro contact satho and lets see

but i think if you have jack or motor it will save you cos one dish can do all the job

@Ochukss dongle finally dead but we steel have a way out fta for ever
thank you
I hacked,
I will contact him but it's not about the motor jacks.I already have one of those on a 1.8m dish and will be getting a second one soon on a 3m dish.I just need the fixed dishes so i can monitor the satellites 24/7.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 24, 2011
@ I Hacked
you should know that tp above is a weak one. If you are using any switch, from my experience, some tps are affected by switches than the other. Therefore, if you connect the system without any switch, the above tp will surely hit green. The solution is using a switch that does not reduce signal quality. I hope this helps.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 6co: 10:26am On Aug 24, 2011
I Hacked:

ihack. there is not device fault. your cable ends at the f-connectors have detoriated. just go check back-to-back all the ends where the cable is inserted into the f-connectors. re-do the heads and make sure there is enough flexible wire touching the f-connector and the copper wire is well seperated from the flexible wire. you will be good.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgint: 10:56am On Aug 24, 2011
6co:

ihack. there is not device fault. your cable ends at the f-connectors have detoriated. just go check back-to-back all the ends where the cable is inserted into the f-connectors. re-do the heads and make sure there is enough flexible wire touching the f-connector and the copper wire is well seperated from the flexible wire. you will be good.

I Hacked:

@ all about w4 tp 12437H23437 today[b] i change the lnbf and the cable[/b] but still red i use 60cm dish and it hit green
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 6co: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2011
microgi@nt:

microgi@nt:

well micro. its not definite. there are several options already given and i had to throw in what i experienced (not probability) exactly on the same freq. while all the others were beaming higher percentages on the same sat. i changed lnb like twice, skewed, re-aligned and got still the same result. i even isolated the sat from the disec. it was at the point of giving up and re-arranging the sat back to the disec the cable pulled off at the disec end and i found out that the flexible parts at the f-connector attaching the cable to the disec had eaten off. i corrected that and the freq. was restored. my experience.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hisoccer(m): 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ all its becoming strange dis days tracking 2 birds wit 4669xii bringing dem 2geda wit a disecq switch, yet one will cum up de oda will not, i have change up to 6 disecq switch still de same result. The both are hitting 93% singnal quality when seprated on a direct link 4rm dish to decoder, but after joining dem on de disecq switch trying to view dem both on de TV only (multi tv) will cum up why (Dstv) will be red if i go back & do sum adjustment on de menu Dstv will cum up multi tv will b red. When it cums to tracking of birds Am MORE THAN GOOD IN HUNTING ANY OF THOSE BIRDS 4rm 1.8m down wards working on disecq switch Am MORE THAN GOOD TOO. Dis is de second time am having dis expirence wit 4669xii, Plz fellow gurs what do u think could be worng, plz lets talk on dis to bring lasting solution as i think many might have problems regarding 2 dis, Thanks wards working on disecq switch Am MORE THAN GOOD TOO. Dis is de second time am having dis expirence wit 4669xii, Plz fellow gurs what do u think could be worng, plz lets talk on dis to bring lasting solution as i think many might have problems regarding 2 dis, Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 6co: 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2011
hisoccer:

@ all its becoming strange dis days tracking 2 birds wit 4669xii bringing dem 2geda wit a disecq switch, yet one will precipitate up de oda will not, i have change up to 6 disecq switch still de same result. The both are hitting 93% singnal quality when seprated on a direct link 4rm dish to decoder, but after joining dem on de disecq switch trying to view dem both on de TV only (multi tv) will precipitate up why (Dstv) will be red if i go back & do sum adjustment on de menu Dstv will precipitate up multi tv will b red. When it cums to tracking of birds Am MORE THAN GOOD IN HUNTING ANY OF THOSE BIRDS 4rm 1.8m down wards working on disecq switch Am MORE THAN GOOD TOO. Dis is de second time am having dis expirence wit 4669xii, Plz fellow gurs what do u think could be worng, plz lets talk on dis to bring lasting solution as i think many might have problems regarding 2 dis, Thanks wards working on disecq switch Am MORE THAN GOOD TOO. Dis is de second time am having dis expirence wit 4669xii, Plz fellow gurs what do u think could be worng, plz lets talk on dis to bring lasting solution as i think many might have problems regarding 2 dis, Thanks
hisoccer you may have a valid point. i have gone through this twice meself (the two ocassions being with 69xii). after the installations i spent more time on the diesec. i could not explain it, felt like a novice. (but i am thinking its more with the diesecs).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ all
avatr 2 is down for the ss3,7. But there are options. The tvs are really serious.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 2:01pm On Aug 24, 2011
@hisoccer, try and remove ur c-band lnb from disec if u hav one
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dbryth(m): 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2011
6co:

hisoccer you may have a valid point. i have gone through this twice meself (the two ocassions being with 69xii). after the installations i spent more time on the diesec. i could not explain it, felt like a novice. (but i am thinking its more with the diesecs).

@Hisoccer
It has nothing to do with your diseqc. Check both ends of your coaxial cable running from your LNB's to Diseqc and make sure neither the center core nor the mesh shielding joins in any way. Because that spoils the component in the diseqc which allows you to connect two or more satellite at the sametime.Reconnect your  {f-connectors} and both satellites and try out another diseqc.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 3:26pm On Aug 24, 2011
6co:

@6co:

I guess there is a real problem with 69xii when it comes to the issue of using disecq switches to link up two or more dishes. I have been having this problem also even with the ends of the wires properly pruned and attended to. You get this one satellite coming thru and the other locking red. I change and use my 63x and everything is ship shape. Men, we gatta look in on this issue.

@All dongy usas!
Let's all wave a collective bye to avartar2!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2011
hmmm let have heart it will be well,lolava,is long time.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2011
Hi everyone,
It seems some maintenance work is going on at MULTITV now.The signal keeps coming on and going off.When it becomes stable,try to blindscan or NITscan your decoders.I am having a hunch.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2011
@i hacked ur problem is 4rm ur dish if u are hitting green on 12437 on 60cm then ur dish is wap @hissocer go to ur dish setting change ur disec to 1.0 then commited 1 port and uncommited port2 you will good to go on 69x11 good luck.@i hacked ur problem is 4rm ur dish if u are hitting green on 12437 on 60cm then ur dish is wap @hissocer go to ur dish setting change ur disec to 1.0 then commited 1 port and uncommited port2 you will good to go on 69x11 good luck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
@all multi tv is back on
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ i Hacked. Nana, i hope oseikrom is well. This your problem has been my problem too. but one thing im sure is that my dish has lost it parabolic shape a bit. so i advice you check your own too. What surprises me is that tp 12284H27500 which is weaker in our area appears intact.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2011
DOGI DOGI is back but not full,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ftadream: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2011
It looks like Doggy is on the brink, few channels do pop up though as senior Gadotor says but research shows there is Doggy
software to rectify the problem to that effect, Informations are needed here so let's hope Doggy never returns so
those who went hibernating should announce their presence .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 12:09am On Aug 25, 2011
thank you thank you thank you my brodas am not using any disec is only one ku dish with HH motor

what worry me is that if the dish is cosign the problem like my broda Adex70 said
why do other tp on the same sat gos up to 93% ?

even the week satellite like w3 w6 intelsat 16 at 66E and 26.0E are all high no breaks even when it is raining.
or is the motor eating up this tp signals?

please check the signals strength below

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by larryenob(m): 2:51am On Aug 25, 2011
@ɪ̣̝̇
hacked
your problem is at position dat ų have 11746 green is Τ̅Ħ̀ε̅ weakest point for dat frequ all ų need to do is turn your dish little to Τ̅Ħ̀ε̅ left or right note when ų use 90cm to get above 50% will lose some % in some dstv signal(frequency)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 4:49am On Aug 25, 2011
I Hacked:

thank you thank you thank you my brodas am not using any disec is only one ku dish with HH motor

what worry me is  that if the dish is cosign the problem like my broda Adex70 said
why do other tp on the same sat gos up to 93% ?

even the week satellite like w3 w6 intelsat 16 at 66E and 26.0E are all high no breaks even when it is raining.
or is the motor eating up this tp signals?

please check the signals strength below

Pls note that on motorized dishes, alternating between H & V Polarity is very Important.
I suggest you switch btw V & H polarity when you encounter a problem like this.
cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by atoje(m): 5:14am On Aug 25, 2011
have also experienced similar problem in the past, am using 2dishs 1 for W3 the other one is combine dstv & joy. everything is working fine until i use splitter to split the lnb from the w3 so that i can av access to my dstv<dongle>, multi, w3.

what now happen is tht some dstv station like super sport 10 is not showing while others like ss3 80%, hitv 95% etc

another thing that also happen is that the multy completely go red sometin that is 75% b4.

and the w3 is showing perfectly well.

how i solve the problem
i first change the disecq, yet same ! same!!
i change the splitter same! same!!
one i remove the wire i splitted from the disceq everything become normal.

am so surprise because that is not the first time am using spliter as two way.

the problem happened on 4669x11 decoder.  i think these problem really have to be look into.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 6:26am On Aug 25, 2011
@ALL GENIUS I POSTED A REQUEST ON THE NEWBIE SECTION SINCE 3PM YESYERDAY, IT'S QUITE FUNNY NOBODY CHECKED TO GIVE ME A RESPONSE. I DON'T WANT TO POST IT HERE because I AV NEVER TRIED MY HANDS ON HOTBIRD BEFORE. PLS KINDLY ADVICE ON TH DISH SIZE NEEDED TO TRACK IT AND HOW GOOD IS A SUPERMAX LNBF. IS IT THE BEST LNBF?
I WILL APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.