Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,834 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Abia Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Escape Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Escape Impeachment (264 Views)

Ukpai Agwu Ukpai Is Dead (Abia Deputy Chief Of Staff) / Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign / Adamawa Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Escape Impeachment by Ebubu5: 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2022
The Abia House of Assembly on Tuesday adjourned indefinitely as the Deputy Speaker, Ifeanyi Uchendu and the Majority Leader, Solomon Akpulonu, narrowly escaped being impeached.

The Deputy Majority Leader, Paul Taribo (PDP–Ukwa East) moved the motion for the removal of the two principal officers.

The Minority Leader, Chijioke Chukwu, (APC—Bende South) supported the motion.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that the development caused commotion and delayed proceeding as shouts of ‘order’ by the Speaker, Chinedum Orji, was ignored.

The speaker demanded reasons for their removal and evidence of the allegation but none was given.

Mr Taribo, who moved the motion, insisted: “I’m saying that these two officers should be relieved of their duties”.

Obinna Ichitta (APGA—Aba South) declared support for the motion.

“I’m so happy that my colleagues have spoken the way they did and I support everything they said,” Mr Ichitta said.

Some members demanded that the motion be subjected to a voice vote but the speaker adjourned the sitting.

Meanwhile, the House earlier confirmed the nominations of Henry Balogu, Clement Ugorji, Ngozi Ukwenyi and Joy Nwakamma as chairperson and members of the state Judicial Service Commission respectively.

The House also received from the Auditor-General of the State, the state’s third and fourth quarter audited report ending December 31, 2021.

Source: https://semmatloaded.com/2022/02/abia-deputy-speaker-majority-leader-escape-impeachment/
Re: Abia Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Escape Impeachment by triple996(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
Abia as a hole is a pit toilet undecided
Benua is a large farm
Kogi is d largest local government in 9ja

1 Like

Re: Abia Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Escape Impeachment by Emergingnation3(m): 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
triple996:
Benua is a large farm
While Zamfara, kaduna , Katsina and Sokoto are graveyards.. Typical Fulani Muslim..

1 Like

Re: Abia Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Escape Impeachment by triple996(m): 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2022
Emergingnation3:
While Zamfara, kaduna , Katsina and Sokoto are graveyards.. Typical Fulani Muslim..
Y d thing de pain u now grin
I call ur name

1 Like

Re: Abia Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Escape Impeachment by MufasaLion: 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
It will reach everybody.

grin grin grin
Re: Abia Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Escape Impeachment by tillaman(m): 6:27pm On Feb 23, 2022
sad
Re: Abia Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Escape Impeachment by 1831oe: 4:59am On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
triple996:
Benua is a large farm
[/s]
Re: Abia Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Escape Impeachment by 1831o: 4:59am On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
triple996:

Y d thing de pain u now grin
I call ur name
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Biggest Market Mall In Lagos 'tejuosho' (video) / Nigerian Hacker Pleads Guilty To Stealing Payroll Deposits / Ngige, Moghalu Have Peppered You, APGA Mocks Andy Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.