Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) (25281 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Attack Campaign Train In Anambra, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Pictures) / Sit-At-Home In Imo: Suspected IPOB Members Set Vehicles Ablaze / People Seen Crawling As PDP Gubernatorial Primary Election Turns Violent In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by Aonkuuse(m): 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkKzHHyDD6I

No fewer than five persons were killed by unknown gunmen during the Enugu state Local government polls.

It was gathered that the armed hoodlums after attacking voters also set ablaze some vehicles that were packed at the scene of the incident.

In a video sighted by salemgists,a voice was heard warning people to stay at home, citing violence as the reason.

An eyewitness at the scene identified as Frank Nnaji said:

"I am lucky to be alive, they came where we are doing Chairmanship election and shouted no election and started shooting, many casualties, I was nearly hit. RIP to the dead."

Source: https://salemgists.com/enugu-lg-polls-turned-violent-as-unknown-gunmen-killd-five-set-vehicles-ablaze-video/

1 Share

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
its norm over there,the biafrans love killing themselves. we Nigerians are just watching

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by immortalcrown(m): 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hypocrites always use their sentiments to lay all blames on IPOB.

I do not support the killings going on in the region. Also, I do not know if IPOB and its ESN are responsible for the killings.

But if IPOB and ESN are responsible for the killings that happened during this election, people should honestly address the root cause of the problem. The problem is that evil-minded individuals keep quiet when someone suffers injustice. But when the person decides to fight back, those evil-minded individuals will condemn the person as if the person never suffered any injustice. Your hatred for Kanu makes you support the injustice Nigeria unleashes on him. If the reason Nigeria is unfair to Kanu is that he is truly a fraudster or terrorist, why does the same Nigeria treat Igboho the same way? Is Igboho also a terrorist? Also, does the same Nigeria treat Boko Haram the way the same Nigeria treats Kanu and Igboho? Do Kanu and Igboho commit more crimes than Boko Haram, if at all Kanu and Igboho have committed any crime? You know the truth but you are just evil-minded.

Biafra agitators never wanted violence. They first suggested confederal system of government in Nigeria. Cabals that take unfair advantage of Nigeria said no to the suggestion. The agitators later demanded a referendum but the cabals also said no. As the agitators were using only words of mouth, which should not be a crime in a democratic environment, the cabals started killing the agitators. The killing lasted for more that 5 years and pushed the agitators to the wall. The agitators have resorted to arms for self-defense. You now act as if the agitators picked up arms for no reason. Where is your conscience?

The reason the agitators can kill indigenes of their own region during an election is understandable. Nnamdi Kanu has sacrificed a lot for the region. Using sit at home and anti-election to protest his arrest and detention is not undeserved. Sentimentalists and hypocrites claim Kanu is a fraudster and terrorist. But has Kanu defrauded or terrorized anybody? Those eastern people that take sides with the cabals are enemies. Banks complied with both sit at home and removal of flags. No bank is threatened by the agitators.

ADDED:
I started my comment by saying I do not support the killings. I also said I do not know if IPOB and its ESN are responsible for the killings. But sentiments blind hypocrites to the statement and open their eyes to the bitter truth that hurts their ego. I do not support the killings. I condemn both the killings and the bad treatment that possibly resulted in the killings. But hypocrites sentimentally deny or support the bad treatment and condemn only the agitators' alleged revenge. One thing about me is I stand by the truth whether it hurts or pleases. The killing going on in the region is bad. But condemning only the killing cannot solve the problem. Let what is possibly the root cause of the killing be acknowledged and properly addressed. Calling IPOB bad names will not end the killings. I may not have time to reply to every quote of this comment. Honest people understand my comment. Hypocrites can criminalize the comment to suit themselves. But shame on those hypocrites if they fail to answer the questions I raised concerning Kanu, Igboho and Boko Haram. Also, shame on those hypocrites if they fail to prove me wrong where I said the cabals started killing the agitators when the agitators were using just words of mouth. Shame on the hypocrites if they cannot prove that the killings by cabals is not what made the agitators pick up arms.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by omenkaLives(m): 7:31pm On Feb 23, 2022
TerrorVille.

All visitors and businesses should avoid the East at all cost. The outskirts of Bornu state is safer than the East as we speak.

The evil they wish others daily seems to have built a permanent residence in their backyards. Look at one above saying "Kanu has sacrificed alot for Ndigbo", and one would ask: how much has he sacrificed? How much was he worth before he founded this lucrative business? Just a hint, his previous business was worth less than 500 pounds few years ago!! How much is he worth today?

That aside, it is okay for his brigade to now down innocent ibo lives because he has sacrificed alot for ibos, right?

The hopelessness in the situation regarding the emotional and mental state of the average Kanu deciple is worse than can ever imagine, and remains a clear and present danger to Igbos in particular and the world at large.

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by blamingthedevil: 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
South East has no electoral value

Neither PDP nor APC will pick candidate there....votes from there in 2023 will be less than 5%✓

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by saheedbadmus(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
AH WHY NOW...
Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by beerfraud: 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
Some fools are coming to justify this atrocities that Boko haram is also killing

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by overdrive(m): 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2022
Igboland:
I will be waiting patiently for the lunatics that love to insult Tinubu to come run their fathers mouth over the criminality of the lunatics they elected to preside over their doomed miserable lives. This is what Igbos call election.

Ordinary LG election the news from hell want to finish their tribe. Even with agberos snatching ballot in Lagos no one was butchered the way igbos have chosen to butcher their tribes.

I wonder why all the senseless igbos that love to make noise over Lagos are not here you display their foolishness.

I hope all those Ugwuayi slaughtered just to perpetuate his hold on power will end up in his egusi soup so he guzzle it down with apu like the canibals his tribesmen are.

Please leave Ugwuanyi out of this mayhem. He has the milk of human sympathy in him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by Honor10: 8:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ordinary Local government election they are killing themselves, all this okoros sef.

No wonder they don't stay in their land.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by BadNews: 8:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by NwaNimo1(m): 8:15pm On Feb 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by Musty112: 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
Oya let's blame the north

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by LeoDeKing: 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
Police should go to jigawa, Adamawa Gombe and Katsina to arrest Buhari fulani jihadists killing and burning in SE instead of arresting innocent ipob pigs preaching the gospel.

Police should also arrest dss in Abuja and Kano, they are the ones killing Police in SE. undecided

119 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
[s]
Igboland:
I will be waiting patiently for the lunatics that love to insult Tinubu to come run their fathers mouth over the criminality of the lunatics they elected to preside over their doomed miserable lives. This is what Igbos call election.

Ordinary LG election the news from hell want to finish their tribe. Even with agberos snatching ballot in Lagos no one was butchered the way igbos have chosen to butcher their tribes.

I wonder why all the senseless igbos that love to make noise over Lagos are not here you display their foolishness.

I hope all those Ugwuayi slaughtered just to perpetuate his hold on power will end up in his egusi soup so he guzzle it down with apu like the canibals his tribesmen are.
[/s]

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
[s]
Hisbah21:
its norm over there,the biafrans love killing themselves. we Nigerians are just watching
[/s]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by Johnbosco77(m): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
UNKNOWN GUNMEN.....

1 Like

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by pretydiva(f): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
This is sad
Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by TUTU147: 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
This is bad, what is the reason for this killing.Igbo nation what is going on.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by LILTJAY: 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
AfghanEASTERN Modafuckers

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by Pele10: 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
Poverty will never allow nigerian youths to be wise.i rather kill my self than be killed for another persons problem,(election) 2023 is by the corner,guy pls be wise don't involve in electoral violence and loose ur life.nothing is worth diying for. Politifcians will forget you but ur family will never.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by lordm(m): 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
All shades of wrong, imagine killing that NSCDC female officer because of stupidity. Some people will still come here to shift blame instead of condemning this.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by Ayedaba: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
This is getting serious
Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by BobbieZion(m): 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
Things are crazy down east.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by shantti(m): 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
immortalcrown:
Hypocrites always use their sentiments to lay all blames on IPOB.

I do not support the killings going on in the region. Also, I do not know if IPOB and its ESN are responsible for the killings.

But if IPOB and ESN are responsible for the killings that happened during this election, people should honestly address the root cause of the problem. The problem is that evil-minded individuals keep quiet when someone suffers injustice. But when the person decides to fight back, those evil-minded individuals will condemn the person as if the person never suffered any injustice. Your hatred for Kanu makes you support the injustice Nigeria unleashes on him. If the reason Nigeria is unfair to Kanu is that he is truly a fraudster or terrorist, why does the same Nigeria treat Igboho the same way? Is Igboho also a terrorist? Also, does the same Nigeria treat Boko Haram the way the same Nigeria treats Kanu and Igboho? Do Kanu and Igboho commit more crimes than Boko Haram, if at all Kanu and Igboho have committed any crime? You know the truth but you are just evil-minded.

Biafra agitators never wanted violence. They first suggested confederal system of government in Nigeria. Cabals that take unfair advantage of Nigeria said no to the suggestion. The agitators later demanded a referendum but the cabals also said no. As the agitators were using only words of mouth, which should not be a crime in a democratic environment, the cabals started killing the agitators. The killing lasted for more that 5 years and pushed the agitators to the wall. The agitators have resorted to arms for self-defense. You now act as if the agitators picked up arms for no reason. Where is your conscience?

The reason the agitators can kill indigenes of their own region during an election is understandable. Nnamdi Kanu has sacrificed a lot for the region. Using sit at home and anti-election to protest his arrest and detention is not undeserved. Sentimentalists and hypocrites claim Kanu is a fraudster and terrorist. But has Kanu defrauded or terrorized anybody? Those eastern people that take sides with the cabals are enemies. Banks complied with both sit at home and removal of flags. No bank is threatened by the agitators.

What about the innocent people Igbos have killed. Must every one conform to their idealogy. Igbos are beginning to make people hate the idea of Biafra. Is this how we r going to be ruled when we get our freedom

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by abobote: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
Useless election, after 6years, the stupid fat governor just saw the reason to conduct local government election
Re: Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) by Bouncin(m): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
Killing everywhere chai! This is human beings oo cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary / Akpabio, Speaker & 2 Others Padded Tinubu’s Palliative Budget - Sahara Reporters / Our President, Buhari, Has Been Away For 60 Days!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.