Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Please HELP! I Need To Bring My Project Online On Netlify - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please HELP! I Need To Bring My Project Online On Netlify (399 Views)

A Website With All Algorithm Solutions (my Project) / Check Out My Fylo Clone Hosted On Netlify With React App / I Need A Programmer For My Project. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please HELP! I Need To Bring My Project Online On Netlify by Laryfrosh: 3:31am On Feb 24, 2022
Greetings all

So, I did a small project with just HTML and CSS and I have been trying to bring it online using Netlify and GitHub for the past 48 hours all to no avail... Even though a link was created for the project, it keeps giving the 404 error.

https://carlsinteriors.netlify.app/

Please what could be the problem?
I guess I am not doing something right...

Please kindly assist

Thanks

1 Share

Re: Please HELP! I Need To Bring My Project Online On Netlify by whisp3r(m): 3:59am On Feb 24, 2022
I'm certain you didn't connect your Netlify account to github properly.

You don't even need Github to publish projects on Netlify.

Follow these steps:

1. Login to Netlify

2. Click on the Sites tab

3. Scroll to the bottom you'll see a container with the following text (Want to deploy a new site without connecting to Git?
Drag and drop your site output folder here)

4. Drag and drop the entire folder of your project. Don't enter inside the folder before dragging and dropping.

5. Ensure your project has index.html and no php codes.

6. A url will be automatically generated for you which you can change.

2 Likes

Re: Please HELP! I Need To Bring My Project Online On Netlify by Laryfrosh: 7:25am On Feb 24, 2022
whisp3r:
I'm certain you didn't connect your Netlify account to github properly.

You don't even need Github to publish projects on Netlify.

Follow these steps:

1. Login to Netlify

2. Click on the Sites tab

3. Scroll to the bottom you'll see a container with the following text (Want to deploy a new site without connecting to Git?
Drag and drop your site output folder here)

4. Drag and drop the entire folder of your project. Don't enter inside the folder before dragging and dropping.

5. Ensure your project has index.html and no php codes.

6. A url will be automatically generated for you which you can change.

Thanks so much Bro... Finally got it online... I had no index.html in the folder before... I added it and came up...
Gracias!
Re: Please HELP! I Need To Bring My Project Online On Netlify by stanliwise(m): 7:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
Laryfrosh:

Thanks so much Bro... Finally got it online... I had no index.html in the folder before... I added it and came up...
Gracias!
nice feedback

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Suggestion Needed Please / Why Such Scarcity In Online Resources / Vtu Website - Can You Please Recommend A Good Or Cheap Sme Data Api Provider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.