Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,210 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:50 AM

Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy (31373 Views)

The Economist: Russia’s Economy Is Back On Its Feet After Failed Sanctions / Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson / Russia Threatens To Destroy 32 Nato Satellites To Cripple Missile Systems (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by chiefolododo(m): 8:19am On Feb 24, 2022
hakeem4:
Its a lie UK cannot cripple it.

Russia supplies about a third of Europe's gas, so the effects work both ways. Gas prices are already soaring higher than they've been in many decades, causing an energy crisis. Russia could make the prices insanely expensive or just simply cut supply to Europe, causing a massive economic problem for all of Europe. Russia wouldn't be the only one to suffer big economic problems.
We have gas in Nigeria,
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by bluecircle470: 8:19am On Feb 24, 2022
Russia no kuku get strong economy before

1 Like

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Amos1423(m): 8:20am On Feb 24, 2022
Everyone is just headed at punishing Russia cause of Putin, do they consider its effect on the Russians or are they no humans there? Remember Putin is a president with a touch of Abacha, Oshiomole, Buhari and Tinubu combined so imagine one man with all vhiz traits what then do you think of the people of Russia, do they have a say?

2 Likes

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by MT: 8:22am On Feb 24, 2022
treatise:

Just like Hitler. Meanwhile, China is watching how Russian play book would work and playing same on Taiwan

Taiwan is a different case. US is constitutionally obliged to provide Taiwan with a means to defend itself.

1 Like

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by jrusky(m): 8:22am On Feb 24, 2022
It's unfortunate Putin going this way. I used to support him because I was in Mosciw when Yeltsin brought this man in. He came and did all to keep Russia floating in good direction then things were so bad because the structure got broken and communism dying out then $100 was equal to 600,000 Rubbles it was really poor but he was able to raised Rubbles up against dollar etc but at a point he started clamping on everyone then I stopped supporting him.

He finally lost it all in this war game against Ukraine. I hate bullier with passion.

I support more damaging sanctions against him. Very painful I still have some close friends still lives in Russia I still goes their often but on these I'm not on Putin side never.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by DSoj(m): 8:26am On Feb 24, 2022
Talk his cheap

Return missile for missile

1 Like

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Dotez: 8:27am On Feb 24, 2022
Same Boris Johnson that is still battling with UK dwindling economy from the Covid 19 rampage? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Tonytonex(m): 8:27am On Feb 24, 2022
gambojimeta:
grin grin grin grin
make I enter twitter.
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Angelfrost(m): 8:29am On Feb 24, 2022
Empty words from a charlatan... His predecessor had more balls!!!
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Bizibi(m): 8:32am On Feb 24, 2022
Story!!!
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by yinkeys(m): 8:33am On Feb 24, 2022
Those AI dogs
If they unleash people will die o
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 24, 2022
hakeem4:

Russia supplies about a third of Europe's gas, so the effects work both ways. Gas prices are already soaring higher than they've been in many decades, causing an energy crisis. Russia could make the prices insanely expensive or just simply cut supply to Europe, causing a massive economic problem for all of Europe. Russia wouldn't be the only one to suffer big economic problems.

Europe is already thinking of Norway and egypt nor reason that one nah russian go cry because they depend on their oil and gas industry
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Truth234(m): 8:39am On Feb 24, 2022
hakeem4:

You are underestimating the west. More than 15 US top oil producers are fighting to supply directly to Europe as we speak.

Also, US-Iran deal is at final stage. Meaning, Iran could hit global oil market with between 2 to 4 million barrels per day.

Similarly, US is considering lifting sanction on Venezuela. Russia total crude oil production per day is not even up to 11 million barrels so?

He has started considering cryptocurrency decentralized mechanics to avoid sanctions.

It is impossible for Russia to win against the West. Trust me China won't dare intervene and Iran that planned to start the drill with Russia won't dare again with Nuclear talks to lift sanction ongoing.

Putin is putting up strong countenance because he didn't get any of the things he wanted.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Raph82(m): 8:40am On Feb 24, 2022
I think Putin will not be so daft not to know what is at stake if he should spark up the war with Ukraine. He must have been fully prepared for this and have plans A, B, C and even D to handle the sanctions and prevent devastating effects against Russia's economy.

3 Likes

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by suffering: 8:40am On Feb 24, 2022
A platform without original content has finally seen news to beat for the next month. This place is run on luck and nothing else.
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Supersymetry: 8:47am On Feb 24, 2022
Russia defeating the west is the first step towards the liberation of Africa.
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by nigeriainfo: 8:51am On Feb 24, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
Putin can`t go away with this. He will surely pay for his actions.
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by SeeThisLoser: 8:51am On Feb 24, 2022
Supersymetry:
Russia defeating the west is the first step towards the liberation of Africa.

For Russia to defeat the West , we all have to be ready for heaven and make sure that we are right with Jesus grin grin

1 Like

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by somehow: 8:57am On Feb 24, 2022
Some of you unpatriotic lot don't understand what patriotism is, hence the ignorance in what is going on between Russia and NATO.

You people are always ready to JAPA, sell your country in the process unlike other countries that wouldn't joke with their country nor the borders.

NATO was indirectly trying to box Russia into a corner by adding Ukraine into their fold, a move Russia knows will put them into a suicide mode, hence the determination to fight now for their sovereignty.

For some of you with little or CNN knowledge, go and read about what NATO did to Serbia, and Yugoslavia.

Also read about how Kosovo came to being.

(No need talking about Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba, Vietnam etc)

You will understand why NATO and UN has never been a blessing to this world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Supersymetry: 8:58am On Feb 24, 2022
SeeThisLoser:

For Russia to defeat the West , we all have to be ready for heaven and make sure that we are right with Jesus grin grin
Not if Russia launch a pre-emptive attack on all nuclear facility and communication in the west.
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by IhateYouMan: 8:59am On Feb 24, 2022
somehow:
Some of you unpatriotic lot don't understand what patriotism is, hence the ignorance in what is going on between Russia and NATO.

You people are always ready to JAPA, sell your country in the process unlike other countries that wouldn't joke with their country nor the borders.

NATO was indirectly trying to box Russia into a corner by adding Ukraine into their fold, a move Russia knows will put them into a suicide mode, hence the determination to fight now for their sovereignty.

For some of you with little or CNN knowledge, go and read about what NATO did to Serbia, and Yugoslavia.

Also read about how Kosovo came to being.

(No need talking about Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba, Vietnam etc)

You will understand why NATO and UN has never been a blessing to this world.

Wrong again.

Putin wants to build the USSR all over again. He will lose and it will end in a disgrace for him and Russia.

1 Like

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by blueAgent(m): 9:01am On Feb 24, 2022
nairaman66:

Lol! Russia cut gas supplies to Europe and russia would eat their gas? If there is a market for your commodity, be grateful!

You dey mind the Clowns?
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by blueAgent(m): 9:01am On Feb 24, 2022
MT:

Russia's gazprom will suffer fatally if Russia cuts supply to EU totally. EU will still suffer but LNG will increase supply to EU as well.

Sure.
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by somehow: 9:02am On Feb 24, 2022
IhateYouMan:

Wrong again.

Putin wants to build the USSR all over again. He will lose and it will end in a disgrace for him and Russia.

If Putin wanted USSR, how come Belarus, Serbia haven't become part of Russia by now?

Why didn't Russia invade Ukraine all these while until NATO extended membership to Ukraine more than 10 years ago?

Lastly, what do you know about Serbia, Kosovo and Yugoslavia?
I need to know your knowledge on these countries and what happened to them in the hands of NATO.

Don't forget to explain why the US/NATO is building military bases all over the world and not farms or factories for food security.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Supersymetry: 9:06am On Feb 24, 2022
jrusky:
It's unfortunate Putin going this way. I used to support him because I was in Mosciw when Yeltsin brought this man in. He came and did all to keep Russia floating in good direction then things were so bad because the structure got broken and communism dying out then $100 was equal to 600,000 Rubbles it was really poor but he was able to raised Rubbles up against dollar etc but at a point he started clamping on everyone then I stopped supporting him.

He finally lost it all in this war game against Ukraine. I hate bullier with passion.

I support more damaging sanctions against him. Very painful I still have some close friends still lives in Russia I still goes their often but on these I'm not on Putin side never.
For ur mind, it's right for Ukraine to leave USSR (Russia), at the same time withholding others to form their own country.

1 Like

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by aribisala0(m): 9:08am On Feb 24, 2022
mayormick:
Someone will just wake up and invade another country just like that like say dem dey invade animal, Putin is invading human beings for Christ sake
Where were you when Iraq was invaded? When Cuba, Vietnam, Nicaragua, Panama, Afghanistan, Libya ,Syria were invaded?
Where were you when the West just created a new country Kosovo?

The problem with those and many other similar actions is it removes any moral high ground and exposes the West , as hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by bluefilm: 9:16am On Feb 24, 2022
The same way you guys crippled the world economy for two years with your manufactured COVID 19 SCAMdemic?

Nonsense. undecided
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 24, 2022
Putin another Hitler in d making.. but every proud man has an end
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Walkee: 9:22am On Feb 24, 2022
Your people can't even cook without Russia gas. Dead empire still believe anyone rates them
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by Walkee: 9:25am On Feb 24, 2022
Sebastine1994:
If you think this is another empty threat press like.

Share if you believe
they don't even have the capacity to do that. Without Russian gas their people will have to eat fresh grass and raw meat. Idiots that rely on Russia for energy are all over the internet making mouth.
Re: Borris Johnson: We Will Cripple Russia's Economy by udomonday: 9:27am On Feb 24, 2022
hakeem4:

and nigeria is so stupid they cannot catch in on these skyrocating oil price.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ukrainians Have Retaken Irpin From Russian Invaders / Israel To Citizens: Supporters of our archenemy will be in Qatar, keep low profi / Woman Obsessed With Murder TV Shows And Books, Killed Victim 'Out Of Curiosity'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.