Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes (1787 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / If Peter Was The First Pope.......................? / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2011
[size=14pt]Peter the apostle of Jesus was the first Pope of the Catholic Church, so how come the Catholic Church has a no tithe policy?

Source: BBC4: Vatican: The Hidden World    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tr2p3/Vatican_The_Hidden_World
[/size]
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2011
rubbish.

Peter was never the first pope of any catholic church.

The catholic church was founded on Roman pagan practises mixed with some element of apostate Christianity.

And the whole tithe scandal started from the Roman catholic church.

For example the selling of indulgences for the forgiveness of sins, paying the church to pray for dead relatives etc , the list is endless.
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2011
Don't mind the punk called frosbel, Peter was the first pope of the catholic church and if there is anyone who denounces the catholic church and it's doctrines should also denounce the bible because the bible was Incorporated by the same catholic church that frosbel calls roman paganism . Try and google it
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2011
^^

I am sorry , the catholic church is a pagan infested church, miles apart from the true gospel.

- Praying to dead saints

- holy satanic communion

- holy water and burning incense ( tell me where is this in the bible )

- elevating Mary to mediator status

- baptism of babies

- selling of indulgences for the forgiveness of sins ( this happened in the middle ages )

- burning Christians who did no agree with their heresy at the stake

- Massacring Jews and Muslims in Jerusalem and the middle east

The list is endless.

Peter was not the first pope because he was against all the above.
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by Azibalua(f): 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2011
@ poster
What do you understand by " Peter was the first pope" please explain
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by don33310(m): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2011
lucenzo:

Don't mind the punk called frosbel, Peter was the first pope of the catholic church and if there is anyone who denounces the catholic church and it's doctrines should also denounce the bible because the bible was Incorporated by the same catholic church that frosbel calls roman paganism . Try and google it

I am in agreement with frosbel,peter was never a pope,pope don't marry but peter had a wife in bible.so he can't positively be a pope.
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by don33310(m): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2011
lucenzo:

I am in agreement with frosbel,peter was never a pope,pope don't marry but peter had a wife in bible.so he can't positively be a pope.
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by don33310(m): 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2011
lucenzo:

Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2011
@Azibalua
What do you understand by " Peter was the first pope" please explain

The programme on BBC 4 says Peter was the first Pope, if this is wrong then we need to make a complaint to the BBC for giving out false information to millions of people.

Frosbel can you take charge of this petition?
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2011
Religion to me is a disease. the number confusionist of mankind. it makes you feel so truthful in your own world and every other person's belief is trash.
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2011
MrBible:

@Azibalua
The programme on BBC 4 says Peter was the first Pope, if this is wrong then we need to make a complaint to the BBC for giving out false information to millions of people.

Frosbel can you take charge of this petition?

lol, grin.

So rather than the word of GOD, you are relying on BBC to prove that Peter was the first pope

I rest my case!
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by Joagbaje(m): 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2011
@all
I thought Peter was sent to the Jews and Paul sent to the Gentiles
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2011
@ Poster,

Intersting topic. Peter is not familair with what you call catholic church. He was an apostle not a pope. Yes the catholic church claimed that Peter is the first pope. They have a right to claim whatever they think. I heard the other day Eccankar claiming Jesus was a perfect Ecck master. Free masons too link their group to Jesus. In case you don't know Pope John Paul II told the world that there are many ways to heaven and he founded the ecumenical movement in 1986. In the name of world peace your pope created other routes to God in constrast to Christ's claim in John 14: 6 that He is the only way. Sure Peter isn't aware of that. Purgatory not taught by Peter. The pope claims to be another christ ( one definition of antichrist in Greek).

You may like to watch "Lamp In The Dark:Untold History of the Bible" on youtube (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNZ-sOzXWEk)
or read the history of the catholic church and you would know that they brought back the tithe doctrine.

Whatever you choose to believe make sure you are one with the Lord

Shalom
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by KunleOshob(m): 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2011
@Post
Only charlatan/ignorant/roguish churches collect tithes today. No true church of christ preaches that heresy.
Re: Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes by MyJoe: 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2011
babaearly:

Religion to me is a disease. the number confusionist of mankind. it makes you feel so truthful in your own world and every other person's belief is trash.

You were a spirit-filled, Bible-chewing, born-again Christian, last we knew. What happened to you? Care to tell us the story?

(1) (Reply)

Souls And Out Of Body Experiences Confirmed! / African Origins Of Christianity By Anthony Browder / Be In The World But Not Of The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.