Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha (31575 Views)

Drogba Hails Mohamed Salah As He Breaks His Premier League Record / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by Romanoff(f): 6:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
So good they named him twice.
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by bestpunterever: 6:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
paulolee:

simply because Eto was playing in a big club in barca n also did individual brilliance in AFCON competitions..
playing in a big team is a big advantage n dts why players like mane, sallah n mahrez are top favorites for African best than d likes of oshimhen, denis, iwobi n even ndidi
Did Etoo stop Okocha from playing for a big club?

despite the fact that sir Ferguson wanted okocha, he opted to joined Bolton because of money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by havenz(m): 6:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
Jay jay the entertainer...
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by lexy2014: 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
robosky02:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/02/23/my-no-10-drogba-hails-ex-super-eagles-skipper-jay-jay-okocha/

Drogba, who won the Champions League with Chelsea in 2021,

Very interesting
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by Nzubeolisa(m): 6:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
Nwa mugu proMax
SQLmastar:
Aubayameng is greater than Drobga and okocha
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by creolehunt: 6:42pm On Feb 24, 2022
paulolee:

sure..he was the most creative midfielder dt av seen from.Africa

Na so. What were his stats?

FYI, J J was simply just a good dribbler.

1 Like

Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by Kewellbanks: 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
This Man brought an immense joy to my generation.

1 Like

Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by IbadeHQ: 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
NwaNimo1:
[img]https://c./dVHoUkaKgccAAAAd/lakaka-lakaka-fail.gif[/img]

Hilarious as usual......will love to meet someday.
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by BERNIMOORE: 6:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
WATCH THE GAME THAT OKOCHA ETO,O DUOF HADJI TITI CAMARA DROGBA VS AFRIQUE TEAM PLAYED WHERE OKOCHA DAZZLED WITH DRIBLES THIS WEEK
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by TheABOMINATION: 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
Drogba won the champions league with Chelsea in 2021?
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by Enemyofpeace: 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
Okocha the best goalkeeper Nigeria ever had!
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by kelmicheal: 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
When did drogba win champions league in 2021?? Error spotted
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by Cmanforall: 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
paulolee:

simply because Eto was playing in a big club in barca n also did individual brilliance in AFCON competitions..
playing in a big team is a big advantage n dts why players like mane, sallah n mahrez are top favorites for African best than d likes of oshimhen, denis, iwobi n even ndidi
Ndidi deserve to be nominated.
The guy is solid!
Wish he can move to Chelsea or City this summer
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by Enemyofpeace: 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
bestpunterever:

despite the fact that sir Ferguson wanted okocha, he opted to joined Bolton because of money .
what else do you expect of an okoro man from AfghanEASTERN?

1 Like

Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by emmnprince(m): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2022
robosky02:
My no. 10 – Drogba hails ex-Super Eagles skipper, Jay Jay Okocha

Ivory Coast legend, Didier Drogba, has become the latest football figure to praise former Nigeria captain, Austine ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha’.

Drogba, who won the Champions League with Chelsea in 2021, took to his Instagram stories to praise Okocha with the caption “My Number 10”.

He posted himself and Okocha with the caption ahead of the African legends match against former Senegal players.

The game is to celebrate the inauguration of the 50,000 capacity Abdoulaye Wade Stadium in Senegal.

Drogba and Okocha joined other African football legends like Emmanuel Eboue, Samuel Eto’o, Patrick Mboma, Asamoah Gyan, Emmanuel Adebayor and others to play against a Senegalese team full of former internationals.

Recall that former Cameroon striker, Samuel Eto’o, also said Okocha would’ve been put on the same pedestal as Ronaldinho if he was not African.
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by trudpo: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
You have nailed it.
paulolee:

Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by Kenneth10110(m): 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
SQLmastar:
Aubayameng is greater than Drobga and okocha

This one is obviously a Barca fan.
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by yusluvad(m): 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
Lol! The format don cast... grin grin
paulolee:

chaaai....see format, gv ur pastor d booking na, abi no senior man for ur area?
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by Afam4eva(m): 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
Joezinho:

And how did jayjay perform better than Eto? Is it by dribbling around players?

Stop all this capping abeg. Go and watch Eto again and tell us if Eto didn't deserve the awards he earned.
Etoo actually had the stats that Okocha did not have. Yes, Okocha is a better footballer but it did not yield as much results as the other guys that were scoring goals and giving assists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by yusluvad(m): 7:44pm On Feb 24, 2022
Play it alone, with your own funds baba...
DonBenny77:

Senior men don chop tire, just sharing the love
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by DisLifeSha: 7:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
I never knew

bestpunterever:

despite the fact that sir Ferguson wanted okocha, he opted to joined Bolton because of money.
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by eyinola: 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
robosky02:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/02/23/my-no-10-drogba-hails-ex-super-eagles-skipper-jay-jay-okocha/
no proof reading before posting, Drogba won champions league with Chelsea in 2021 angry grin
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by mikeapollo: 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
paulolee:

sure..he was the most creative midfielder dt av seen from.Africa

Nonsense!
Keep deceiving yourselves.
Any little praise that they shower on Okocha, people want to over-stretch it!
The guy was barely above average, nothing extra-ordinary about him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by mikeapollo: 7:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
Afam4eva:

Eto'o actually had the stats that Okocha did not have. Yes, Okocha is a better footballer but it did not yield as much results as the other guys that were scoring goals and giving assists.

You cannot be a better footballer if you could not yield as much results by scoring goals and giving assists, especially for an attacking midfielder.
If football were to be standing in one place and joggling with the ball, there are a million people who could do that better than Okocha.
Maradona, Messi, Ronaldinho, Abedi Pele, etc. were very good play-makers and goal scorers.
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by Afam4eva(m): 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
mikeapollo:

You cannot be a better footballer if you could not yield as much results by scoring goals and giving assists, especially for an attacking midfielder.
If football were to be standing in one place and joggling with the ball, there are a million people who could do that better than Okocha.
Maradona, Messi, Ronaldinho, Abedi Pele, etc. were very good play-makers and goal scorers.
I get your point as it relates to goals and assists but who would you say was a better footballer between Christiano Ronaldo and Ronaldinho? We know Ronaldinho is a much more talented footballer but Ronaldo just has more stats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by Depressed101: 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by eminikansoso(m): 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
robosky02:

So why did issa hayatou ensure he did not win it... And keep giving it to eto
Anglophone and francophone war
Re: My No. 10 – Drogba Hails Jay-Jay Okocha by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
Recall that former Cameroon striker, Samuel Eto’o, also said Okocha would’ve been put on the same pedestal as Ronaldinho if he was not African.

I don't think the above is necessary, let just enjoy each and every moments while it last.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Donates Cash To Small Business Owners In Jos / Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team / Tobiloba Amusan Wins Diamond League In Women's 100m Hurdles, Makes History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.