Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders (37817 Views)

Zelensky: West Playing “Ping-Pong” With Ukraine / Russia-Ukraine Crisis: "Putin Cannot Remain In Power" - President Biden / Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by AbdulHakeem44(m): 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
Stevenson20:
Putin its too early for you to bring up negotiation. What will happen to you, will shock you. Dictators always end up in a very brutal way.
What would happen? Pls tell us. Aside sanctions, nothing else!!!

They all saw the movement of Russian troops late last year which means they had a lot of time to react if they wanted to, they all kept quiet. Till today after the invasion, nothing is coming forth. What would they do?
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by PENISgod: 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
Kaysnow:

Even if the say Bleep it and go to war with Russia they will still lose.
If you don’t know anything about world politics and world powers pls resist from writing trash.

I don't imply they go to war with the intention of winning because every one knows that military wise, Russia stomps Ukraine a 1000 times over..I was implying that the go the war with the intention of causing a much damage as possible on the Russia side to see if that will make the Russians think twice. Because unless they are ready to surrender, this their defensive strategy will only delay the inevitable...
If you don't understand anything about war strategies and tactics, please desist from writing trash.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by AbdulHakeem44(m): 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2022
PENISgod:
Russia is mad and Ukrainian military are fools...
This is exactly what Russia wants, to negotiate terms that would favour them and not the Ukrainians..
All this nonsense is happening because the Ukrainians are afraid to fight back and Russia has capitalised on that fear.. Trust me if Ukraine say "4uck it, since it's war you want, it's war you'll get" and takes the war too to the Russians, rain fire too on Russian cities and infrastructure and make them feel the heat of the war, I'm very sure the Russians would back down because they too deep down don't want war. It's the fear the Ukrainians are displaying that is giving them confidence..

These guys literally share the same boarder with Russia and are busy playing defensive waiting for the U.S and CO before they can make any decisions for themselves.. I don't think these guys really value and deserve their freedom.. Don't they have jets to send to Russian territory too to rain bombs on Russian cities and infrastructure too? Don't they have troops, tanks, armoured vehicles and missiles to send across to Russia too? Can't they take the war to Russia too to make them feel the heat of the war too? Ukrainians are just busy

suffering, bearing the full casualties and cost of the war while Russians are in the comfort of their homes relaxing with reckless abandon, not even acting like their country is at war... At least the Ukrainians too should take the war to them too and make these guy feel some of the heat too...all these their defensive attitude will only make the Russians more relaxed and confident...

Omo, me I don't like fight ohh, but if I see say I don beg you, beg you tire you no wan hear, even though you are stronger than me, thunder go fire you because one of us must be hospitalised... Nonsense

Lol, partly correct partly wrong.
You mean Ukraine could have taken the war to Russia? Are you joking or something? Seriously are u for real? You don't want Ukraine to exist anymore?
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by PENISgod: 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2022
AbdulHakeem44:

Lol, partly correct partly wrong.
You mean Ukraine could have taken the war to Russia? Are you joking or something? Seriously are u for real? You don't want Ukraine to exist anymore?
bro, it's Ukraine we a talking about here, a sovereign nation, not some 4ucking taliban, boko-haram or Isis, Ukraine for God sake...
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Masterito(m): 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
Nigerians are really funny. No wonder no country takes you serious, including Russia.
sojayy:
Putin na goat for game of war
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by pseudonomer: 6:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
Zelensky said before the attack, he called putin but putin snubbed him. After seeing what he said, I started feeling sorry for Ukraine Sha.
But all in all, I blame NATO and USA. Because according to zelensky, he said he wanted security assurance from Russia. Russia in turn said it wanted security assurance from NATO.
Meanwhile, NATO I mean USA said Russia's security concerns are "Non starters". Meaning, NOT WORTH TALKING ABOUT.
Na this thing vex putin. If this was Trump, Trump would've called both Russia and Ukraine to the table. Then say to putin, we will give you assurance, if you give Ukraine assurance. Simple. But sleepy was saying "No, No, No, No". What a fool.

Meanwhile here's what zelensky said

Olaf from Germany was at Moscow, same with Macron, and several NATO leaders, he still went ahead.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
PENISgod:

I don't imply they go to war with the intention of winning because every one knows that military wise, Russia stomps Ukraine a 1000 times over..I was implying that the go the war with the intention of causing a much damage as possible on the Russia side to see if that will make the Russians think twice. Because unless they are ready to surrender, this their defensive strategy will only delay the inevitable...
If you don't understand anything about war strategies and tactics, please desist from writing trash.

U mean as they are being pummeled by ballistic missiles?. With their navy decimated?. Air force perished?

Russian soldiers already in Kyiv?...

You must be joking
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
Zelensky said before the attack, he called putin but putin snubbed him. After seeing what he said, I started feeling sorry for Ukraine Sha.
But all in all, I blame NATO and USA. Because according to zelensky, he said he wanted security assurance from Russia. Russia in turn said it wanted security assurance from NATO.
Meanwhile, NATO I mean USA said Russia's security concerns are "Non starters". Meaning, NOT WORTH TALKING ABOUT.
Na this thing vex putin. If this was Trump, Trump would've called both Russia and Ukraine to the table. Then say to putin, we will give you assurance, if you give Ukraine assurance. Simple. But sleepy was saying "No, No, No, No". What a fool.

Source of that speech, please.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by ozo13(m): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
Nbotee:
He was acting like he didn't want negotiations anymore but we all know both he and the west cannot afford war

All of U blaming NATO and USA are jus funny. USA didn't ask Ukraine to join NATO. Ukraine CHOOSE to join NATO becos it needed some form of security backup against Russian Aggression. If Na U ur Neighbor dey always bully U no go find ppl wey fit fight for U next to U as neighbors? Russia knows Ukraine joining NATO is an invitation to it's number one Enemy. Putin is solely to be blamed
same way USA has bn bullying Cuba and no body is disturbing USA abt it.read abt cuba missile system in 60's housing USSR missiles.the last i checked, USA didnt take it lightly with cuba till they were forced to remove the missile system.usa is try to do exactly same using Ukraine to join Nato and then install missile system in Ukraine.o wrong nah.
I dont think usa is fair in all this
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Bestbeelieve: 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
He has no cards!! he is totally emotional and predictable! they wont interfere because there is a process! They are not dictators that unilaterally make decisions! Educate!

Adjovi:

Make Una stop all these hearsay America and UK can't do shit. Putin has all the cards currently. No one will dear to interfere they can only apply sanctions and cold war tactics.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Solofresh2: 6:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Don’t be distracted by these news

The end is still not near

The world ends for an individual when he/she dies
Everyone on earth cannot die at once
Is that even possible?
When you die, your world comes to an end
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
PENISgod:
This is exactly what Russia wants, to negotiate terms that would favour them and not the Ukrainians..
All this nonsense is happening because the Ukrainians are afraid to fight back and Russia has capitalised on that fear.. Trust me if Ukraine say "4uck it, since it's war you want, it's war you'll get" and takes the war too to the Russians, rain fire too on Russian cities and infrastructure and make them feel the heat of the war, I'm very sure the Russians would back down because they too deep down don't want war. It's the fear the Ukrainians are displaying that is giving them confidence..

These guys literally share the same boarder with Russia and are busy playing defensive waiting for the U.S and CO before they can make any decisions for themselves.. I don't think these guys really value and deserve their freedom.. Don't they have jets to send to Russian territory too to rain bombs on Russian cities and infrastructure too? Don't they have troops, tanks, armoured vehicles and missiles to send across to Russia too? Can't they take the war to Russia too to make them feel the heat of the war too? Ukrainians are just busy

suffering, bearing the full casualties and cost of the war while Russians are in the comfort of their homes relaxing with reckless abandon, not even acting like their country is at war... At least the Ukrainians too should take the war to them too and make these guy feel some of the heat too...all these their defensive attitude will only make the Russians more relaxed and confident...

Omo, me I don't like fight ohh, but if I see say I don beg you, beg you tire you no wan hear, even though you are stronger than me, thunder go fire you because one of us must be hospitalised... Nonsense

That sort of retaliation is what's going to escalate to a full blown war.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Quelme: 6:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
seunny4lif:

Yes
I thought same thing too, why didn't Russia send in troops early enough when the democratically elected government of Viktor Yanukovich was threatened in 2014. I guess they were trying to appease the West by non interference...

I miss Zoharariel and his analysis....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Toluwaase(m): 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Same way Trump negotiated and had a deal with terrorist in Afghanistan, releaseed more than 5,000 terrorists without inviting the legitimate president/ government.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Prince001(m): 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Stevenson20:
Putin its too early for you to bring up negotiation. What will happen to you, will shock you. Dictators always end up in a very brutal way.

Its very funny how someone living in Naija will have something to say about Russia and Ukraine crisis. I don't think u guys know that Afghanistan money is higher than Naira war ravage country. Look even in Ukraine with bombing going on there's electricity. Naija is at war too Psychologically. If u know u know!!!!!!!
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Toluwaase(m): 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
ozo13:
same way USA has bn bullying Cuba and no body is disturbing USA abt it.read abt cuba missile system in 60's housing USSR missiles.the last i checked, USA didnt take it lightly with cuba till they were forced to remove the missile system.usa is try to do exactly same using Ukraine to join Nato and then install missile system in Ukraine.o wrong nah.
I dont think usa is fair in all this
Nobody is forcing Ukraine to join NATO. Ukraine has applied to join NATO for a long time. The application remains unapproved. Ukraine understands the impact of the decision they are making, more than most people that comment here. From the onset, NATO cannot fight the war, USA made it clear they will not fight. Russia has more cards to play: Putin can break international laws without facing domestic repercussions, whereas the western presidents cannot. It is up to Ukraine to cave to the pressure from Russia or go to war. They chose to go to war, not because USA told them to. In fact, you need to understand that the Ukrainian president was anti-Biden. Biden played the few cards in his hands- propaganda, it worked for sometime. Sanctions are the only thing left and diplomacy. The only thing that will draw NATO or USA into this war is IF Russia attacts a NATO member country in eastern Europe.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by seunny4lif(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Quelme:
I thought same thing too, why didn't Russia send in troops early enough when the democratically elected government of Viktor Yanukovich was threatened in 2014. I guess they were trying to appease the West by non interference...

I miss Zoharariel and his analysis....
I swear
He just disappeared

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Softwareguy21: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
joyandfaith:

They would regret it. Ukraine people will hate Russia more. Many Russians have expressed their displeasure over Ukraine invasion. You have to show love to your neighbours.
think logically not with emotion

This is 6 years old video of what's happening now. Sometimes you should think and see who's the culprit here. The likely solution and also the consequences. Not making statements with emotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMiSQAGOS4&t=1460s
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Pharmboy24: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
PENISgod:

I believe this Guy is writing from Orile, do you think war is your Mate, if you like display confidence and Aggression anybody wey pass you pass you period, Ukraine mistake is to listen to the US and NATO.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by joyandfaith: 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2022
Softwareguy21:
think logically not with emotion

This is 6 years old video of what's happening now. Sometimes you should think and see who's the culprit here. The likely solution and also the consequences. Not making statements with emotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMiSQAGOS4&t=1460s

What are you thinking deeply?
That is not how to make a friend. Ukrainians will hate Russia more.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by AbdulHakeem44(m): 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
PENISgod:
bro, it's Ukraine we a talking about here, a sovereign nation, not some 4ucking taliban, boko-haram or Isis, Ukraine for God sake...
Obviously you don't know history.

I'm talking of Cuba here, are you dumb? Isn't Cuba a sovereign nation anymore
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Softwareguy21: 8:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
joyandfaith:

What are you thinking deeply?
That is not how to make a friend. Ukrainians will hate Russia more.
You're funny. I shared a video of what is happening and what will likely happen. The lecture is delivered by an American inside University of Chicago. He shared his view of what is likely to happen about this conflict and solutions. Funny enough this video is six years old. And what he said is happening already. It's common sense
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by joyandfaith: 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
Softwareguy21:
You're funny. I shared a video of what is happening and what will likely happen. The lecture is delivered by an American inside University of Chicago. He shared his view of what is likely to happen about this conflict and solutions. Funny enough this video is six years old. And he said is happening already. It's common sense
There is not common sense. Common sense is Ukrainians will hate Russia more.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Softwareguy21: 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2022
joyandfaith:

There is not common sense. Common sense is Ukrainians will hate Russia more.
k
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hanibbal:
This Putin knows the game. He is a GOAT..If you know you know. smiley
he's a nobody. He's just a bully that ll meet a waterlooy more than that of Napoleon or Hitler
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Hanibbal(m): 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2022
OkikiOluwa1:
he's a nobody. He's just a bully that ll meet a waterlooy more than that of Napoleon or Hitler

He is not meeting any watetloo. The west cant confront him militarily.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Adjovi: 8:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
Bestbeelieve:
He has no cards!! he is totally emotional and predictable! they wont interfere because there is a process! They are not dictators that unilaterally make decisions! Educate!

Lol u must be joking. NATO will only sanction and sanction. Nothing will happen
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hanibbal:

He is not meeting any watetloo. The west cant confront him militarily.
Hitler wasn't confronted military wise alone.
As far as am concerned, Putin is useless in this present world.
How much does Russia give in terms of charity?
Even Chinese are trying by inventing cheap technological gadgets.
What's the usefulness of Russia?
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Hanibbal(m): 9:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
OkikiOluwa1:
Hitler wasn't confronted military wise alone.
As far as am concerned, Putin is useless in this present world.
How much does Russia give in terms of charity?
Even Chinese are trying by inventing cheap technological gadgets.
What's the usefulness of Russia?

Whatever. Russia has done this again and no one can confront her. Their weak sanctions is all they have.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by Bluntemperor: 9:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hanks0000:
Putain putin

I love your salutations,bro!
Such is usually given to failed African Leaders!
For a man not to keep his word,invade another Country and is double talking!
Shame!

1 Like

Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hanibbal:

Whatever. Russia has done this again and no one can confront her. Their weak sanctions is all they have.
Naso Hitler talk till he drank led poison.
Putin & you his sympathiser ll be shocked soon.
Re: Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders by ozo13(m): 7:12am On Feb 25, 2022
Toluwaase:

Nobody is forcing Ukraine to join NATO. Ukraine has applied to join NATO for a long time. The application remains unapproved. Ukraine understands the impact of the decision they are making, more than most people that comment here. From the onset, NATO cannot fight the war, USA made it clear they will not fight. Russia has more cards to play: Putin can break international laws without facing domestic repercussions, whereas the western presidents cannot. It is up to Ukraine to cave to the pressure from Russia or go to war. They chose to go to war, not because USA told them to. In fact, you need to understand that the Ukrainian president was anti-Biden. Biden played the few cards in his hands- propaganda, it worked for sometime. Sanctions are the only thing left and diplomacy. The only thing that will draw NATO or USA into this war is IF Russia attacts a NATO member country in eastern Europe.
i dont seem to agree with few of ur points.usa didnt hide how happy they are for Ukraine to join Nato and will do every every possible to allow Ukraine achieve that despite Russia cry about the Ukraine decision and how USA is supporting them to achieve that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

OIC Vows ‘no Security’ Until Islam’s 3rd Holiest Sanctuary Gets Liberated / Checkout Military Women From Eritrea / Jacob Zuma’s son urges South Africa rioters to ‘Protest & Loot Responsibly’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.