Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist (52092 Views)

Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) / Russia Builds Turkey's First Ever Nuclear Power Plant (Photos) / Russian Forces Take Over Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by FamTomx2(m): 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
ValCon888:
Just imagine Canada becoming a Soviet Republic and a communist country. America will never allow it and will do to Canada what Russia is currently doing to Ukraine.

I'm not for anybody, just analyzing these events objectively.

Whether America or Russia, when your next door neighbor is a super power with nuclear capabilities, you have to choose your associates wisely.

Do you make friends with powerful associates who live faraway or you make peace with a powerful neighbor who is close by? That's the choice for Ukraine.

Now that Russia has invaded, the only thing Ukraine's "friends" are offering is sanctions.

No country is putting soldiers on the ground to help Ukraine stop the invasion.

This is a lesson for smaller countries to sit up and take notice.

Don't be used as a puppet to play big boy games.

Interesting times ahead because China is currently watching these events with glee.

Russia and China are known to back each other up.

If Russia can call the world's bluff to invade Ukraine, what's stopping China from doing the same and taking over Taiwan?

Interesting times indeed.

Mehhhhen, still in disbelief that no one really want to match up with Russia,

Putin really understand this Europeans and their trans Atlantic associate well.

Big shame on them, US keeps shifting goal post to suit their cowardice, NATO too in the same template with the US,

Ukraine president might be regretting now, would have eaten the humble pie, for me it's not too late yet to submit.

Definitely China would like to try some shits on Taiwan.

2 Likes

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by CoronaVirusPro: 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
themes009:

HE lost his power to Biden, you are not expecting him to be at his right mind in this type of situation right? he will definitely be against the right channel

It’s unpatriotic!

Uk house is not divided. Republicans cheering Putin
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by androidFather: 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
dejio42:
God we no want war biko
E no go easy

And you think He care about the war?
If He cares, WW1 and WW2 would not have happened and now we are heading to WW3.

To me I don't think He cares.

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by Temptee101(m): 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
oluwaseunamos33:
give me his contact am going for rescue mission

Rescue yourself from insanity first idiot

No sane animal let alone human jokes with war
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by bekpo(m): 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
foleskay:

Theyd get involved when russia starts using chenical or nuclear weapon. Then that's world war 3. Na France go first enter war sef.

Russia cant use that lethal weapons because them too will b victims.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by slimmax: 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
Stevenson1:

They are invading a sovereign state and bombing them unprovoked yet you are busy attacking America.
What's your problem with Americans??
Na them force Russia to annex Crimea from Ukraine in 2015 abi na them force Ukraine to consider joining NATO??
Isn't Poland and Romania close to Russia and aren't those countries ally to America?? Why aren't Russia attacking them?
You think America needs Ukraine to attack Russia if they wants to attack Russia??
Na Putin dey bomb, dey invade, dey instigate war yet na America you dey blame. Una just dey clueless for this country.
They need to pack all of una go put for Russia/Ukraine border so Putin can use una for training.
No mind them bro, na why dem vote incompetency twice based on sentiments rather than facts.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by anonymous1759(m): 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
emmyN:
It's only on nairaland I get to see people actively cheering Putin on. It's not like what they do makes any difference though, but it's just irking. I'm just off reddit and Putin has widespread criticisms across boards. Leaves me wondering what exactly is wrong with Nigerians and if the nation is not mostly made up of terrorist sleeper cells. Or perhaps it's the demography of people that makes up nairaland. I've noticed more teenagers than adults on here, especially the ones that litter the front page.

I don’t follow western propaganda likewise some folks on here .
NATO has been holding series of conferences they just want everything to go their way. The world is not a unipolar system . I stand with Russia we need a balance of power.

Ukraine needs to get rid of that puppet called a president . He’s now asking civilians to support the fight . Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Ukrainian president F up. The west will only push you to your doom. All in the name of democracy where is the so called democracy now ?
England is the leader in the UK order countries like Wales and Scotland still respect England despite their independence. That sane scenario could have played out between Russia and Ukraine. Always respect your elders and pick your fights .

3 Likes

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by anonymous1759(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
joyandfaith:

Russia should also use economic sanctions instead of military invasion against a neighbour.

We all can’t have the same approach to solving problems Russia took the one that’s best for them .

PUTIN is fighting for generations unborn . Ukraine joining NATO is threat to them in nearest future believe or not .

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by Cantonese: 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
LieDetector:
Ukraine is an EU member state. EU loses its significance if it allows Russia take absolute control of a member state without rebuttal. Even if NATO fails to send support to Ukraine, EU should stand with Ukraine with all her might. Sleepy Joe is a coward. Trump would never

Trump would have do what? Stop Putin pretending to be Putin's friend or as an act of cowardice?

You think any of the super powers will risk a nuclear war? Do you think Russia will dare invade any NATO member and expect to receive a golden handshake?

All EU members stand behind Ukraine and as of this moment the best they can do is sanctions. Putin expects that a rise in the price in oil will make his country economically better, but he is a joker. He expects China to offer economic support in the future, but he will find out that the Chinese are very shrewd with their finance.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by Appleyard(m): 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
seunny4lif:
I think phase 2 is night operation
Russia navy have not really got involved
Russia will isolate Ukraine
Russia haven’t used TU bombers yet

This is a catastrophe for Ukraine and the global economy.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by austinleo38: 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
Senseless ideas. A lot of insane people like you on this planet today is the reason why we are going back in time rather than moving forward...
Would you kill your next door neighbor because they are not friends with you but with someone in another street? Wake up bro! It 's 21st century. Justify the sense in this invasion among two sovereign states who have the rights to do whatever in their own territory. Or why is China not invading India or South Korea since they can also claim there are US and NATO activities going on there?

ValCon888:
Just imagine Canada becoming a Soviet Republic and a communist country. America will never allow it and will do to Canada what Russia is currently doing to Ukraine.

Whether America or Russia, when your next door neighbor is a super power with nuclear capabilities, you have to choose your associates wisely.

Do you make friends with powerful associates who live faraway or you make peace with a powerful neighbor who is close by? That's the choice for Ukraine.

Now that Russia has invaded, the only thing Ukraine's "friends" are offering is sanctions.

Interesting times ahead because China is currently watching these events with glee.

If Russia can call the world's bluff to invade Ukraine, what's stopping China from doing the same and taking over Taiwan?

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by seunny4lif(m): 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
Appleyard:

This is a catastrophe for Ukraine and the global economy.
When oil rise around fly and world shock exchange already down but it will depend on when Russia want reach.

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by Appleyard(m): 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
frog12:
honestly, this zelensky is just a disaster. he's turning ukraine into a warzone
Very stupid person. He sold his country to please the interest of others. He is in hiding already.

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2022
tyson98:
Hmmmm God pls protect my younger brother ooo even tho he get coconut head I still like am like that lol
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by foleskay(m): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrchykae:
what will they do?
Do you want everyone to go down?
You think this is 1945?
If Hitler was nuclear armed, he would have scorched entire Europe after all he ordered his Luftwaffe to bomb his country so that the allies won't have anything to gloat over.
Remember Russians burnt Moscow to ashes so that Napoleon Bonaparte can't anything.
Napoleon won at the front but on coming to Moscow for glory, he met the gory site of ashes.
Caucasians are fatalistic, they are not as Africans that love life so much that even a life of suffering is ok for Africans.
If Europe is wise, they should allow Ukraine to be with Russia.
A dying Europe wants to go to war, a continent that have problem reproducing plus LGBT.
Its the Russia that will suffer permanent damage if Europe and US join the war. Ukraine itself is not a push over..and a coalition of ukarain with nato and US will send russia to permanent oblivion. And don't tell me china will assist Russia..they aren't that powerful in military term. Japan is rated more higher. Russia go bleed and putin will go d way of hitler.....suicide.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by Samtob90(m): 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
ValCon888:

That is what many don't know by just commenting. How would you allow your enemy to build a house at your door steps?
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by ObamaMessi: 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
Valcon888 it's not about making peace with your neighbour.It's about aligning with who is there to protect your interest.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by foleskay(m): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
Guyman02:

Putin has asked them to go home to their families, why sacrifice your life for a western puppet
Lol.. See dumb talk. Who are the western puppet?? So the territory Russian army re bombing are western territory so Ukrainians are sacrificing their lives for western puppet. Yeye dey smell undecided
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by Alamkir: 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
ValCon888:

Very brilliant analysis, I try to explain to someone today but they just dnt get it. Russia is protect herself in the long run. I also use Canada as example. It just doesn't work that way russia won't be safe in d future if they allow Ukraine to pally with their enemies
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by austinleo38: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
Use ur sense bro! Who wants war? NATO, US or who? Put world economy, lives, infrastructure to consideration, we would not recover in decades or even more. No one is running. Everyone just dey try maintain peace cos a war where everyone joins or where world power start go destroy a lot of things. Russia on the other hand doesnt have too much to lose. they are poor, their economy is trash, just look up everything. War game not be beans abeg if every powerful country should go crazily mad right now u sef go shutup and suffer.

FamTomx2:

Mehhhhen, still in disbelief that no one really want to match up with Russia,

Putin really understand this Europeans and their trans Atlantic associate well.

Big shame on them, US keeps shifting goal post to suit their cowardice, NATO too in the same template with the US,

Ukraine president might be regretting now, would have eaten the humble pie, for me it's not too late yet to submit.

Definitely China would like to try some shits on Taiwan.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by engrchykae(m): 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
foleskay:

Its the Russia that will suffer permanent damage if Europe and US join the war. Ukraine itself is not a push over..and a coalition of ukarain with nato and US will send russia to permanent oblivion. And don't tell me china will assist Russia..they aren't that powerful in military term. Japan is rated more higher. Russia go bleed and putin will go d way of hitler.....suicide.
you will humiliate a nuclear armed power with no consequences?
You are not serious.
You think this is Syria, Libya or Iraq?

2 Likes

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by babyfaceafrica: 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
foleskay:

You don't know what you are saying
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by saintrow1: 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
China is getting ready for Taiwan grin
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by Rugaria: 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
It has been taken.. The City of Chernobyl
Viva Russia

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by Rugaria: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
saintrow1:
China is getting ready for Taiwan �
Taiwan belongs to China and should go back to China
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by engrchykae(m): 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
bekpo:

If Putin release his nuclear weapons, will he not b affected? Or do they have repellent?
If Europe brings it to a level where Putin has nothing else to lose, he can press the red button unless CIA will be keen to follow up all through and and penetrate his inner kitchen cabinets and sabotage whatever joker card Putin has to play.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by lagdmark(m): 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
LieDetector:
Ukraine is an EU member state. EU loses its significance if it allows Russia take absolute control of a member state without rebuttal. Even if NATO fails to send support to Ukraine, EU should stand with Ukraine with all her might. Sleepy Joe is a coward. Trump would never
I wonder where you people get your information from. Just imagine you're saying Ukraine is a EU member but not a Nato member.

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by emmyN(m): 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
anonymous1759:

I don’t follow western propaganda likewise some folks on here .
NATO has been holding series of conferences they just want everything to go their way. The world is not a unipolar system . I stand with Russia we need a balance of power.

Ukraine needs to get rid of that puppet called a president . He’s now asking civilians to support the fight . Wisdom is responsible to direct.
Ukrainian president F up. The west will only push you to your doom. All in the name of democracy where is the so called democracy now ?
England is the leader in the UK order countries like Wales and Scotland still respect England despite their independence. That sane scenario could have played out between Russia and Ukraine. Always respect your elders and pick your fights .

Ok
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by Maxxim: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
seunny4lif:

I bet you have never met a Russian, I mean not all but if you have done than you will know how the Russians behave.
I never met one, but I meant economically they're on a long ride
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by XTHRONE(m): 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2022
seunny4lif:
Zelensky said that he demands from the EU the introduction of a no-fly zone regime over Ukraine.
But problem is Russia already take over most of airspace

It’s near not inside

USA says — Russia has used 100+ ballistic missiles just in the initial phase of the attack, SU
bombers, SRBM & MRBM. We see that mainly military infrastructure is being targeted. Russia not even close to using the manpower stationed near borders yet. No threat of nuclear wps

Guy chill, you don't know how foreign powers operate, go and read gulf war, and see how Iraq invaded Kuwait and the rest is history. If not for foreign backing Ukraine won't last a day. USA and NATO just don't want the war to excalate Putin is just insecure and want to clutch to power for life.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by Joshmuch: 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2022
anonymous1759:

Any NATO army that enters Ukraine will collect nothing will happen. Putin has already warned .
My father can fight,my father can fight, till he meets another person's father!

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist by Czario: 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrchykae:
that poisoned the waters and many died

I pray there won't be news of polluted global water supply when this dust settles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Russia Vs Ukraine: The Lies, Misinformation And Outright Propaganda (Fact Check) / Israeli Missiles Hit Iran, Iraq And Syria / Females Entering Ugandan Stadium Were Searched And Checked Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.