Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko (37790 Views)

Money Laundering: CCB Invites Festus Keyamo Over Petition Against Atiku / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Sowore Arrested At High Court, Abuja (Photo) / Omoyele Sowore Arrested In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by Truvelisback(m): 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
Showwerey.
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by naturefellow(m): 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmmm...

That Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey's old classic song with warning for those who defame others and what happens to them is playing in my head right now.

#abanijeekuofoarayinleshe
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by CaptainAyub: 10:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
What manner of freedom of speech allows you to pour shit on someone and expect him to look the other way. It is only in Nigeria people don't attack others intelligently. Because people have not really been reacting.
I like neds no nonsense attitude to people pouring shit on him
The dumbness of many Nigerians is shocking.
Nobody bothered to find out the content of the said injurious article Sahara reporters/Sowore wrote,they all jumped into blaming Ned

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by Mooh247: 10:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
thatsleepboy1:

In Abuja? Or another northern state. Abuja is the capital na.

FCT is considered as North
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by aribisala0(m): 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
Nicenixon:
E shock you too
I don't think that would shock any lawyer trained in Nigeria
We have a penal code for Southern Nigeria both inherited from the British from pre independence
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by lexy2014: 10:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
Mooh247:

3 more times

You can do it boy!!

Are u saying that u can't answer the simple questions?

Did u ask the police IPO handling the case?

How is he an idiot and how was Ned's name destroyed?

Also, can interpret the law u quoted? Did the law u quoted say Penal code of the federal republic of Nigeria or does it say Penal code of Northern nigeria?
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by thatsleepboy1: 10:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
Mooh247:

FCT is considered as North

It's is not considered as a central place since it is the capital. Thanks for the info. My leg no go reach there for this life.

aribisala0:
We have a penal code for Southern Nigeria both inherited from the British from pre independence

There's nth like penal code down south, we use the criminal law down here while the penal code is used in the north.
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by Nicenixon: 10:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
aribisala0:
okay now. Thanks for enlightening me.
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by BafanaBafana: 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
JAWBONE:
Ned Nwoko is now a confirmed Evil Genius.
Using money and influence to oppress people.
Although you go hear am for Sowore hand. That one dey find wetin go ginger him activism in the first place
You expect Ned to insult him back like FFK would do?
Or fight him in the street like you would do?

1 Like

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by Mooh247: 10:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
lexy2014:

Are u saying that u can't answer the simple questions?

Did u ask the police IPO handling the case?

How is he an idiot and how was Ned's name destroyed?

Also, can interpret the law u quoted? Did the law u quoted say Penal code of the federal republic of Nigeria or does it say Penal code of Northern nigeria?

Don't loose hope or get tired

2 more times. And you get your needed information
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by aribisala0(m): 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
thatsleepboy1:

It's is not considered as a central place since it is the capital. Thanks for the info. My leg no go reach there for this life.

There's nth like penal code down south, we use the criminal law down here while the penal code is used in the north.
Well strictly speaking you are NEARLY correct in a pedantic way. It is called "Criminal code" in the south and Penal Code in the North . but what does the word "penal" mean
The Penal Code, promulgated on 30th September 1960, is the criminal law applicable in Northern Nigeria. In the south it is called Criminal Code NOT criminal law officially
Both the Penal Code and Criminal Code ARE CRIMINAL LAW
You need to understand the difference between Penal Code and penal code. The capital letter makes a very significant difference
"Penal" is the formal name of the law "penal" is a lay usage denoting the ordinary meaning of the word
So when you say there is "nothing like" you are being funny. The Penal Code of Northern Nigeria is very similar to the Criminal Code of Southern Nigeria in its contents , outline and function. There are notable differences e.g I believe adultery is criminalized in the Penal Code but they are very "alike" and the explanation I gave is very appropriate to a person who is not a professional

1 Like

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by Beverlyjean(f): 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
[quote author=PROPEACE post=110518310]This Ned of a guy does not want peace. Sowore will so deal with him he will not have the appetite to sue again![/quot]

Deal with a wealthy influential man ? grin grin goodluck to dat grin
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by Enemyofpeace: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Make we talk truth, this Ned ugly, my monkey fine pass am
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by ayubaski: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Lizard and wall gecko cheesy cheesy cheesy

Imagynation:
Lizard and wall gecko affairs.The burning issue is the fuel scarcity
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2022
dynicks:
Aswear if this man (NED) manages to become the president of this country,

Sorry for anyone or media house who would wanna talk shit about him!!

This man fit dey brutal pass buhari!!...

Which means it’s alright to say stupid things about people even when you know they’re lies, just because you’re the press?
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by techWriter3: 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2022
The werey will quickly linkage the rearrest to politicians
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by thatsleepboy1: 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
aribisala0:

Well strictly speaking you are NEARLY correct in a pedantic way. It is called "Criminal code" in the south and Penal Code in the North . but what does the word "penal" mean
The Penal Code, promulgated on 30th September 1960, is the criminal law applicable in Northern Nigeria. In the south it is called Criminal Code NOT criminal law officially
You need to understand the difference between Penal Code and penal code. The capital letter makes a very significant difference
"Penal" is the formal name of the law "penal" is a lay usage denoting the ordinary meaning of the word
So when you say there is "nothing like" you are being funny. The Penal Code of Northern Nigeria is very similar to the Criminal Code of Southern Nigeria in its contents , outline and function. There are notable differences e.g I believe adultery is criminalized in the Penal Code but they are very "alike" and the explanation I gave is very appropriate to a person who is not a professional

Now you took me down the history lane, I understand it now. I'm not familiar with the Penal code cos I believe it has the full sharia law in it.

Thank you and G-D bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by JohnSP99: 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
one day this guy will arrest his governor and if possible sef the president, seems like his money his too much now that all he thinks of is who to arrest abi, continue you will end up arresting yourself one day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by chatinent: 11:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
Advantages of being a ritualist...you can arrest anyone.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by MAVICK2000(m): 11:23pm On Feb 24, 2022
The way dey sowere don enter prision comot if he become president d record go pass those where dem put for prision during military reigm
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by Irishrena1(f): 11:26pm On Feb 24, 2022
Excess of everything is bad. This is becoming unbecoming
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by Amah70: 11:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
AlexReports:
*Breaking!! Sowore Arrested Over Fake News Peddling Against Ned Nwoko*

Publisher of popular news outfit Sahara Reporters has reportedly been arrested this evening by men of the Nigerian police.

The arrest which was instigated via a petition titled “ A petition against Sahara Reporters Foundation and Mr Omoyele Sowore for criminal defamation, injurious falsehood publication of news known to be false contrary to section 391, 392, 393, 394, 395 and 418 of the Penal code of Northern Nigeria” by former member House of Representatives, Prince Ned Nwoko through his lawyers Trifold Law & Partners.

The petition signed by Bryan U. Ukaegbu on behalf of the the law firm accuses Sowore of several defamatory statements on his news outfit, social media handles aimed at running down their client’s business and political career.

According to the petition the publications were believed to have been done recklessly with no honest belief in the truth of the said words. Stating further that the quoted statements have elicited intense apprehension of imminent attack on his client.

Meanwhile reacting to the petition the police have since arrested Sowore and is currently held at the Force CID headquarters Abuja awaiting further investigation.

https://www.statepress.ng/2022/02/breaking-sowore-arrested-over-fake-news.html?m=1

But nobody is supposed to be arrested for defamation offence. Putting all opposition in jail is dictator Idi Amin's style - outmoded.
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by Digmygold: 11:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
Jecci:
What is breaking about this news
As the otimpku you are, you have rushed to NL to publish the dirty work of your pay master.

Hand go soon touch that wicked man that calls himself Ned, if not that Nigeria is a banana republic I wonder why this man will just be arresting people anythow with the support of the police

From cases of land grabbing trailing him to other cases, his heart is just like his face.
Ugly in and out tueeh

He will trace you and arrest you next. grin
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by meobizy(f): 11:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
Sowore loves prison, abeg. This is not news.
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by Freighthost: 11:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ned
Must ve done over 10,000 police cases last yr

U see trouble
U see ned
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by Father4all: 11:55pm On Feb 24, 2022
Jecci:
What is breaking about this news
As the otimpku you are, you have rushed to NL to publish the dirty work of your pay master.

Hand go soon touch that wicked man that calls himself Ned, if not that Nigeria is a banana republic I wonder why this man will just be arresting people anythow with the support of the police

From cases of land grabbing trailing him to other cases, his heart is just like his face.
Ugly in and out tueeh
brother, don't talk without evidence. That's the sin of Sawore
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by dynicks(m): 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Which means it’s alright to say stupid things about people even when you know they’re lies, just because you’re the press?
I never said so bro...read through again then u might get to understand that what I meant was that the man is someone who doesn't take things lightly when body shamed or character defamed by anyone........

1 Like

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by aribisala0(m): 12:05am On Feb 25, 2022
thatsleepboy1:

Now you took me down the history lane, I understand it now. I'm not familiar with the Penal code cos I believe it has the full sharia law in it.

Thank you and G-D bless you sir.
Yes there are obnoxious provisions

Section 55. Correction of Child, Pupil, Servant or Wife.

(1) Nothing is an offence which does not amount to the infliction of grievous hurt upon any persons which is done:

(a) by a parent or guardian for the purpose of correcting his child or ward . . .
(b) by a schoolmaster for the purpose of correcting a child . . .
(c) by a master for the purpose of correcting his servant or apprentice . . .
(d) by a husband for the purpose of correcting his wife, such husband and wife being subject to any native law or custom in which such correction is recognized as lawful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by anonimi: 12:21am On Feb 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmmm...

That Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey's old classic song with warning for those who defame others and what happens to them is playing in my head right now.

#abanijeekuofoarayinleshe

Thiefnuibu promised light rail since 22 years ago, in 2000.
Why has he failed to do it? Or how many millions of Lagosians are carried daily by his phantom light rail?

CitynewsNG:
FLASHBACK: Governor of lagos State, Senator Bola Ahmed tinubu speaking during a Courtesy Call on him by the Corporate Council of Africa (CCA), 17th July 2000, he spoke about PPP-Models, The rail Mass Transit, Bus Rapid Transit just one year after resuming office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yljw_5v2Vfo

Source: Jubril. A. Gawat on Twitter
https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1496394501321023491?s=19

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by anonimi: 12:29am On Feb 25, 2022
aribisala0:

Is there a Penal Code for the south or there is a Criminal Code

aribisala0:

1 Like

Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by 1forall: 12:30am On Feb 25, 2022
Need to curb this crook's excesses.
Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by anonimi: 12:32am On Feb 25, 2022
Lipscomb:
The arrest which was instigated via a petition titled “ A petition against Sahara Reporters Foundation and Mr Omoyele Sowore for criminal defamation, injurious falsehood publication of news known to be false contrary to section 391, 392, 393, 394, 395 and 418 of the Penal code of Northern Nigeria” by former member House of Representatives, Prince Ned Nwoko through his lawyers Trifold Law & Partners.

The penal code of Northern Nigeria shocked

thatsleepboy1:
Penal code of Northern Nigeria? Ajeh I'm confused cos can it be used against/to arrest me here in the south?.

Do we have two countries in the geographical area called Nigeria
Or we have just one Luggardian contraption, perceived to be the Fulani Republic of Naijeriya, FRN?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Dadin-Kowa Motor-Park In Gombe This Night / Lere Olayinka Writes Buhari A Letter Over Bola Ige's Reopened Murder Case / Caption This Photo Of Rotimi Ameachi And His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.