Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

One Pot Tomatoes Stew - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / One Pot Tomatoes Stew (29641 Views)

A Pot Of Soup I Prepared Today (4,900) / Cooking Pot That Costs Over N400k, Nigerians React (Photos) / Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by MoneyGoDrop: 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2022
This your stew looks rich and well prepared. I honestly don't like tomatoes stew outside because some people just don't when to stop pouring oil into it so i prefer eating swallow or ofe akwu whenever I'm outside.
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Deltavariant(m): 12:25pm On Feb 25, 2022
So na only u go waka chop everything alone, anyways bon appetite
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Bigdre31: 12:25pm On Feb 25, 2022
I sell tomato paste & ready to use for soup & stew paste
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Bizibi(m): 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
I miss cooking, this is the easiest food to cook.
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by richmanrichard: 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
Senomi:
Anty anty, my brother is searching vigorously for a wife o

This stew is way better than most igbo people stews that's always too acidic e.g slapping mouth or overfresh stew
n yet Igbo person defeated coneheads in maggi cooking competition yesterday in yaroba land even with coneheaded judges grin
Senomi:
Anty anty, my brother is searching vigorously for a wife o

This stew is way better than most igbo people stews that's always too acidic e.g slapping mouth or overfresh stew
n yet Igbo person defeated coneheads in maggi cooking competition yesterday in yaroba land even with coneheaded judges
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by duro4chang(m): 12:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
pocohantas:

That is fine dear. I didn’t cook it for you. kiss
I like your answer.
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Bankalert(m): 12:39pm On Feb 25, 2022
Pocohantas weldone... Looks tasty
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 12:39pm On Feb 25, 2022
We thank God that we've not received any bad news from Ogun State and Kwara State today
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Emmanuel30a: 12:45pm On Feb 25, 2022
See the who men as they full here. Na dem, na dem you go see plenty for this kind thing. You add potash too @ pocoleeelee? Haha haa
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by richmanrichard: 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2022
Senomi:

Twasnt only just her, I have a lot of igbo friends, sometimes when I visit I eat in their houses, and it's like all their foods taste alike
same here.I ve lots of Yoruba peeps.all their stew is full of pepper and to much oil n very tasteless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by DoggoneDogg: 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2022
This stew officially belongs to Russia
@pocohantas hand it over or we invade your kitchen

2 Likes

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Chairwoman: 12:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
Wow, looking tasty but you didn't mention the spice you used for the fish
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by christejames(m): 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2022
Pocohantas, finally you fell in love with chicken feet? grin grin grin

How can I register in your catering school, I need to be a good husband grin
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Mamijoh(f): 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2022
The pot thou shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by SSpeter(m): 1:11pm On Feb 25, 2022
pocohantas:
One Pot Tomatoes Stew

See ehn, even if WW3 is going on, I will still find way to cook food and eat. cry cry

The stew doesn't look fresh...
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by sixtus3606(m): 1:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
pocohantas:

That is fine dear. I didn’t cook it for you. kiss

Gbas gbos grin cheesy grin
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by sixtus3606(m): 1:17pm On Feb 25, 2022
Honestly, the both the pot and its conteht don't look interesting.

E fit sweet o. But e no fine for eyes.
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by pocohantas(f): 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
SSpeter:
The stew doesn't look fresh...

You definitely have eye problems or a poor understanding of what stew should look like. It has to be one honestly.

Mamijoh:
The pot thou shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Onyeka2019:

Abeg which kind pot b this again

I am lost. You people don’t know what a local pot looks like. Are you foreigners? Never been to a Nigerian party? Buka? Or you were born with golden spoons?

sixtus3606:
Honestly, the both the pot and its conteht don't look interesting.

E fit sweet o. But e no fine for eyes.

You don’t know what a fine stew looks like, trust me on that.

Chairwoman:
Wow, looking tasty but you didn't mention the spice you used for the fish

Normal seasoning cubes, curry, parsley and salt just before frying.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by pocohantas(f): 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
This your stew looks rich and well prepared. I honestly don't like tomatoes stew outside because some people just don't when to stop pouring oil into it so i prefer eating swallow or ofe akwu whenever I'm outside.

Oil is the beauty of Nigerian stew. So yes, it should have a lot of oil, except you are watching your cholesterol level. They did nothing wrong, as long as they don’t put all the oil in your plate.
smiley smiley

Alexaonfleek:
Well done
It was from you I learnt about not using salt when boiling meat and chicken and it actually tastes better.
I wanted to ask if the same thing applies to fish too

Thanks Alexa. I season my fish with salt before I fry. Right before frying, I don’t apply salt and keep.

Ihavethingstodo:
Wait o, pocohantas you are Igbo? Unbelievable!!! No wonder you cook so well, welcome home my sister grin, i thought you were Ibibio/akwaibom!

Hmmm cool

Lol. Yes I am Igbo. Is it really about my tribe?
cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Kwara1stson: 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
To chop you and chop your food dey hungry me
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by WhatCanIsay(m): 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2022
folake4u:

Wow, nice. We really learn EVERYDAY. Thanks for clarifying, I'd focus on adding more natural spices to boiling meat then.

As for cow leg, a friend adds fresh chewing gum when boiling it, she claims it makes the cowleg boil faster and makes it more tender.

One of the best natural and ancient meat tenderizer is pawpaw... It's better than using chewing gum you don't know the chemical components.

Pawpaw contains enzymes that works well on meat.

1 Like

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by pocohantas(f): 1:48pm On Feb 25, 2022
For fck sake, why do some Nigerians think stew should look “fresh”? This is why someone is complaining that y’all cook stews that stink and slap. Please, fry your tomatoes well. Check the difference and thank me later.

Fresh kor, fresher ni.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Godmademan(m): 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
Cooking is like Chemistry.... Only that the latter is done in the lab rather than the kitchen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Sterope(f): 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2022
I actually went to look at the picture. Many people don't cook their stew well. Probably a modern thing that I am sometimes guilty of. No one wants to stay in the kitchen that long. Stew has a different look to it when it is fried well.

pocohantas:
For fck sake, why do some Nigerians think stew should look “fresh”? This is why someone is complaining that y’all cook stews that stink and slap. Please, fry your tomatoes well. Check the difference and thank me later.

Fresh kor, fresher ni.
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by pocohantas(f): 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
Sterope:
I actually went to look at the picture. Many people don't cook their stew well. Probably a modern thing that I am sometimes guilty of. No one wants to stay in the kitchen that long. Stew has a different look to it when it is fried well.

It is not modern o, it is vintage. Hehehe

When I see a fresh stew, I just know it is a stew I shouldn’t eat. No well fried stew looks fresh. Most Nigerians cook horrible stew and they don’t even know it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by phemmyfour: 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
The pot looks like sacrifice pot. No matter how good the food looks, serving me from the pot is a turn off for me
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by pocohantas(f): 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
phemmyfour:
The pot looks like sacrifice pot. No matter how good the food looks, serving me from the pot is a turn off for me

Lmao. The party rice you fight for, what do you think it was cooked in? Sacrifices are placed in calabash, never see one in a pot. That is a local pot, nothing cringeworthy about it.

3 Likes

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by phemmyfour: 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
pocohantas:

Lmao. The party rice you fight for, what do you think it was cooked in? Sacrifice are placed in calabash, never see one in a pot. That is a local pot, nothing cringeworthy about it.
oh really
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by pocohantas(f): 2:09pm On Feb 25, 2022
phemmyfour:
oh really

I don’t get it. Your username is Phemmy (Femi) and you don’t know local pot?? ?
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by phemmyfour: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2022
pocohantas:

I don’t get it. Your username is Phemmy (Femi) and you don’t know local pot?? ?
I m not familiar with this type of local pot. The one I know is attached below

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by pocohantas(f): 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
phemmyfour:
I m not familiar with this type of local pot.

There are some with legs, the big sizes are the most popular. However, they have these smaller sizes for individual use and they are widely sold now as young people are embracing it.

Yea, that one you attached is also available. This wider looking type is for frying and stewing. To imitate a wok. smiley
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by MoneyGoDrop: 2:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
[quote author=pocohantas post=110538122]

Oil is the beauty of Nigerian stew. So yes, it should have a lot of oil, except you are watching your cholesterol level. They did nothing wrong, as long as they don’t put all the oil in your plate.
smiley smiley

Well, different strokes for different folks. I have that problem with too much oil because it always finds it's way into my head whenever i suddenly shake my head or lie down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Burnt meals,share your experience! / Delicious Foods You Didn't Know You Could Grill / Restaurant named Don't Mind Your Wife & Her Bad Cooking. Lol (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.