Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

One Pot Tomatoes Stew - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / One Pot Tomatoes Stew (29651 Views)

A Pot Of Soup I Prepared Today (4,900) / Cooking Pot That Costs Over N400k, Nigerians React (Photos) / Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Sterope(f): 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2022
It is the new normal smiley
pocohantas:

It is not modern o, it is vintage. Hehehe

When I see a fresh stew, I just know it is a stew I shouldn’t eat. No well fried stew looks fresh. Most Nigerians cook horrible stew and they don’t even know it.
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Mariangeles(f): 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
pocohantas:

Hahaha. I hope you know I am Igbo?
Anyway, that acidic taste is mainly from tin tomatoes. They don’t fry well. You know my people are not so into frying/oil.

That said, except for party jollof, I think tin tomatoes has outlived its usefulness. The sight if it troubles my soul now. I don’t even have it in my house and I haven’t used it in my stew in ages. angry angry

When tomatoes scarce nko? undecided
Naija no be Italy o.

Better appreciate good old tinned tomatoes. tongue
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Allisgud: 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2022
Semo with the soup make sense
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Mariangeles(f): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
phemmyfour:
The pot looks like sacrifice pot. No matter how good the food looks, serving me from the pot is a turn off for me

I prefer that pot to the modern delicate ones that are unreasonably expensive.

I like pots that let food fry and burn as it should.
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Mariangeles(f): 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
Allisgud:
Semo with the soup make sense

Semo with stew? undecided
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by pocohantas(f): 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
Mariangeles:

When tomatoes scarce nko? undecided
Naija no be Italy o.

Better appreciate good old tinned tomatoes. tongue

Hmm. I switch to ofe akwu or curry sauce. Nne I haven’t used it in ages o. Before I thought it is impossible to cook good stew without it. Thanks for growth sha.

1 Like

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by lexy2014: 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
pocohantas:
You need to taste this stew and the cow leg from it. Very soft and sweet. cry cry

You mean your stew is sweet? Did u put sugar?
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by NaughtyBrainiac: 3:53pm On Feb 25, 2022
phemmyfour:
I m not familiar with this type of local pot. The one I know is attached below
Same material but different size and shape. Pocohantas uses it because of the advantages of the material
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by finickykblazy(m): 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2022
Wow! Looks really good.. This will go well with boiled yam.

But, the vegetable oil is a No No! for me. They are completely unnatural & should be avoided.

Good job ma'am. smiley
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Aaay: 5:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Really
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by aribisala0(m): 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
pocohantas:

That is fine dear. I didn’t cook it for you. kiss
You have bad mouth.......
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Dotman2210(m): 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Pocahontas olowo sibi grin
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Twoclans(f): 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
pocohantas:

There are some with legs, the big sizes are the most popular. However, they have these smaller sizes for individual use and they are widely sold now as young people are embracing it.

Yea, that one you attached is also available. This wider looking type is for frying and stewing. To imitate a wok. smiley

Seriously Poco I am familiar with the big ones they use for party jollof .I never knew they have smaller ones like the one you used for the stew.What is the price range? I wont mind getting this smaller sized pot.

I am surely trying your stew method soonest.

Nice one.
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by pocohantas(f): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2022
Twoclans:

Seriously Poco I am familiar with the big ones they use for party jollof .I never knew they have smaller ones like the one you used for the stew.What is the price range? I wont mind getting this smaller sized pot.

I am surely trying your stew method soonest.

Nice one.

They have smaller sized ones for young people that want na. I don’t even think it is new, just one of those things internet and social media made more popular and acceptable.

Depends on the size, bought mine 2100. Let me know when you try it nne.

4 Likes

Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I was actually planning to prepare this to day, only for my sugar daddy to say that lately he has been eating spoon food, that he needs swallow. I had no other choice than to make him Okro soup with semo.

Poco is a very good cook though.
Ok continue smiley
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by doggedfighter(f): 12:10am On Feb 26, 2022
pocohantas:

There are some with legs, the big sizes are the most popular. However, they have these smaller sizes for individual use and they are widely sold now as young people are embracing it.

Yea, that one you attached is also available. This wider looking type is for frying and stewing. To imitate a wok. smiley

Poco, where do you buy yours?

I am not sure they sell it where they sell kitchen utensils.

I hope they have covers.

I need them
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by Dshocker(m): 4:39am On Feb 26, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I was actually planning to prepare this to day, only for my sugar daddy to say that lately he has been eating spoon food, that he needs swallow. I had no other choice than to make him Okro soup with semo.

Poco is a very good cook though.

Are you glad you are dating a sugar daddy?
Re: One Pot Tomatoes Stew by pocohantas(f): 8:50am On Feb 26, 2022
doggedfighter:

Poco, where do you buy yours?
I am not sure they sell it where they sell kitchen utensils. I hope they have covers.
I need them

Hahaha. Yes they come with covers and are sold separately from regular kitchen utensils. If you are anywhere in the SW, you just have to ask a seller in the market and they’ll point you in the right direction.

I bought mine in Ijesha market.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Delicious Foods You Didn't Know You Could Grill / Burnt meals,share your experience! / Restaurant named Don't Mind Your Wife & Her Bad Cooking. Lol (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.