Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK (12139 Views)

Zelensky Visits Bucha Town, Where 300 Ukranians Were Butchered (Graphic Photos) / Boris Johnson And Girlfriend, Carrie Symonds Move Into Downing Street / Boris Johnson Is The New Prime Minister Of The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by NigeriaZoo: 9:01am On Feb 25, 2022
Priti Patel today announced Ukrainians who have work, study or visiting visas in the UK will have their stays extended to ensure they are not forced to go home amid the Russian invasion.

The Home Secretary said the visa concession will 'provide certainty to our Ukrainian friends and colleagues living, working and studying in the UK'.

Ms Patel said Britain will continue to 'stand shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine' after Vladimir Putin launched military action against his neighbour.

The move means Ukrainians with a valid visa in the UK will have their visa temporarily extended or they will be able to switch onto an alternative visa route.

Ms Patel said in a statement issued this evening: 'We stand shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine amid this unprovoked and antidemocratic act of Russian aggression.

'I have immediately ordered changes to our visa policy to provide certainty to our Ukrainian friends and colleagues living, working and studying in the UK.'

The concessions mean that Ukrainian nationals on an existing points-based visa route will be able to extend their stay.

Those on an existing visitor visa will be able to switch onto a points-based route without having to leave the country.

Those on a visitor visa can also apply under the family route for further leave to remain even if they do not meet the immigration status requirement, provided they hit the threshold for exceptional circumstances.

Ukrainians on a seasonal worker visa will have their stays in the UK extended to December 31.

The Home Office move on visas comes after the Government stepped up its efforts to help British nationals and their families in Ukraine.

It has temporarily waived application fees for people who are eligible under the 'Family Migration' route.

Ukraine-related visa applications are also being fast-tracked through a 24/7 helpline.

Dependents of British nationals in Ukraine can apply for a visa at a temporary location in the city of Lviv.

They can also do so by visiting an application centre in the surrounding countries of Poland, Moldova, Romania and Hungary.

Meanwhile, passport applications from British nationals in Ukraine are being prioritised by Her Majesty.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10548429/Priti-Patel-grants-visa-concessions-Ukrainians-UK.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:04am On Feb 25, 2022
That's a great one..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by tito44: 9:05am On Feb 25, 2022
These people should be aware that I am Ukrainian by heart.

I want to go and fight for my sister-land. Enough of this. Pls How can I get Ukraine visa..?

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by dgr8truth(m): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2022
I just come to understand that most Nigerians are dictators like putin, what they don't have are opportunities to exhibit this wicked character.

How can you be in support of a dictator who has order the killing, and maiming of innocent humans. Have we become this cold not to see the consequences of Putin's war on Russians, Ukrainians, and even Africans in that part of the world.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Mooh247: 9:05am On Feb 25, 2022
cool

Ukrainians needs People to fight with them side by side, blood for blood, boot on ground and not Visa lottery and empty sanctions

British people voted to leave European Union, through Brexit Referendum, nobody threatened war to keep them,

Donbas and SouthEast Ukraine voted to leave Ukraine suddenly the media called them rebels and the Referendum fake

34 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Stevenson20: 9:05am On Feb 25, 2022
Thats ok. But is that all you can come up with You folks need to do more because una don finally push egungun enter express grin

4 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Popemax(m): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2022
Good news to them...allow them stay
Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Sebastine1994(m): 9:06am On Feb 25, 2022
Ignorance is bliss.

Most Nigerians don't even what is going on in the international scene, unless they hear it from friends or family.

Some are informed but with half-baked opinion,

Some just want to sound intelligent

4 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by FireRain: 9:06am On Feb 25, 2022
Nice one.
Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by ginggerxy: 9:06am On Feb 25, 2022
The blood of Ukrainians are on NATO states, you saw this coming why not render your support to the Ukrainians early enough , must you wait for the crisis to escalate before doing shit even though you're not doing enough? Ukraine has been used as pawn

7 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Toks2008(m): 9:06am On Feb 25, 2022
UK is one of the most humane countries in the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Agricmoney(m): 9:07am On Feb 25, 2022
Thats good

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Justinlean02(m): 9:07am On Feb 25, 2022
If a country can just decide to take over another country in these modern times without fear of repercussions, then this nonsense they're doing called United Nations needs to end. It's of no use. UN is useless. My concern now is China. I don't like China. They have plans for Taiwan. But they're watching now to see how the world will react to this current situation. If nothing substantial happens, give it a couple of weeks and China will invade Taiwan too. That one will be a mess. If things get as sticky as I think they will, the only thing Taiwan should do for me is to put a big ass bomb in TSMC and blow it to pieces so China won't get it. Bleep Joe Biden!

11 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by obembet(f): 9:08am On Feb 25, 2022
Abeg Buhari Boko boy dey worry us here o.. we need Visa too
Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by kansoboy: 9:10am On Feb 25, 2022
Toks2008:
UK is one of the most humane countries in the world.

Are u 10 yrs old?
Do research Nd come back

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:10am On Feb 25, 2022
Abeg am claiming Ukrainian from today o. I need UK visa.
Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Cardnic: 9:10am On Feb 25, 2022
want to make money carding hitme up @Man_nic telegram
Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by heniford2: 9:10am On Feb 25, 2022
Uk playing the Role of formal super power again USA is doomed am waiting on china to invade Taiwan and US will say we will sanction you sanction this like wailing todd cheesy
Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Toks2008(m): 9:10am On Feb 25, 2022
kansoboy:

Are u 10 yrs old?
Do research Nd come back

Tell me what i don't know. Methuselah

3 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Winters23: 9:11am On Feb 25, 2022
This buffun will do and say anything to remain relevant...

grin

Justinlean02:
If a country can just decide to take over another country in these modern times without fear of repercussions, then this nonsense they're doing called United Nations needs to end. It's of no use. UN is useless. My concern now is China. I don't like China. They have plans for Taiwan. But they're watching now to see how the world will react to this current situation. If nothing substantial happens, give it a couple of weeks and China will invade Taiwan too. That one will be a mess. If things get as sticky as I think they will, the only thing Taiwan should do for me is to put a big ass bomb in TSMC and blow it to pieces so China won't get it. Bleep Joe Biden!

China cannot invade itself incase you don't know.

China doesn't need to invade Taiwan as long as other nations respect the one China policy.

Besides China is more interested in economic might than military gangsterism

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by chukwuibuipob: 9:11am On Feb 25, 2022
cool thank u pa BJ
Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by King2019(m): 9:12am On Feb 25, 2022
Justinlean02:
China can never take Taiwan

Russia Ukraine is different

China has not substantial reason for war the repercussions will be too much for them
Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Mooh247: 9:13am On Feb 25, 2022
tito44:
These people should be aware that I am Ukrainian by heart.

I want to go and fight for my sister-land. Enough of this. Pls How can I get Ukraine visa..?

We can as well save you the cost of visa and ticket

And tie you to a rocket launcher in sambisa forest and lunch you to Ukraine free of charge

22 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by kansoboy: 9:17am On Feb 25, 2022
Toks2008:

Tell me what i don't know.

Abeg forget matter....London abi na great Britain oo..any one u wish call am have dealt with many world region in d past

3 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by Kaiser20: 9:18am On Feb 25, 2022
Opportunity for UK to get Care workers and Nursing assistant for the Old people's homes in UK ..........
Truck drivers and other labourer from the Balkans and Eastern Europe that left after the Brexit can help the UK again.
UK naa Oga for that area
Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by CheapWebsite1: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2022
Nice
Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by West2019(m): 9:19am On Feb 25, 2022
Ukraine i need your visa to fight for you.i come back when Putin eyes is clear . Enough is Enough

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK by paafin(m): 9:20am On Feb 25, 2022
Justinlean02:

You didn't say this when US and his friends invaded Libya and Syria!
You are a big hypocrite!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: Vladimir Putin’s Spokesperson, Dmitry Peskov Tests Positive / Photos: Ukranians Throw Former Minister In A Bin In Kiev / Upwork Suspends Operations In Russia And Belarus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.