Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,080 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian (2448 Views)

Jackson Ude And His Uninformed-mat Historical Lies (pictures) / Kwara Govt. Slams Lai Mohammed, Says Uninformed About Governance In The State / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by Iamgrey5(m): 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
Truthwords:
the people of Eastern Ukraine especially luhansk want to be a part of Russia willingly. There is a reason i posted those videos
You have no idea of what you are talking about.

9 out 10 people in Ukraine wants to be more like Europe and less like Russia.

The current president became the president because the former government was too pro Russia.
Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by omoharry(f): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2022
Truthwords:
Nairalanders never fail to disappoint. The ignorance here stinks to high heavens. When i see how people are regurgitating the western media propaganda i start asking myself what the future of Nigeria will be like with such uninformed youths.

As usual the mainstream media is fooling all of you and I'll explain whats actually going on as briefly as possible .

During the soviet Union era, the soviets wanted to build an international military base in Cuba which was and still is in major alliance with Soviet / Russia. The then American president resisted at all course. That's because missile warheads could have easily been launched from cuba into the United States. At the fall of the soviet Union, western nations signed an agreement that NATO will not move into former Soviet colonies and that countries such as Ukraine will never be a part of NATO or be armed with nuclear capabilites.

Fast forward how many years after, NATO flouted those rules and are not only trying to bring Ukraine into NATO, they are also trying to Arm Ukraine to the teeth, a move which is very dangerous to the security and safety of Russia.

How will America and the other Westerners feel if Russia were to build military bases in places like Canada, Mexico, Bahamas etc surrounding the United States. MAINSTREAM MEDIA WILL NEVER POINT THIS OUT.

There are other cities in Eastern Ukraine such as Luhansk and Donbas, that want to willingly join Russia because they are Russian speaking people who have accepted Russian citizenship. Do not also forget that crimea willingly joined Russia and the people were so happy to display their Russian passport. That news even made it to nairaland front page but as usual, a lot of you forgot.

If America will not allow Russia building bases next to them, they and their western counterparts should also stop pushing into Russian territories under the pretence of NATO expansion.

Russia does not have a big media machine like the west and that's why we have been getting one sided information. Same thing they did with the biggest lie in History called covid SCAMdemic. Don't be too quick to conclude. Search for the truth, its Important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uSSHvRwpKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3DSWum3Okw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCjmn69PQ3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ZgMgRuccw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOmW-F0zM_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhIIUiic8kw
Thank you so so much for this insight .
This whole Russia/Ukraine fight has made Russia to look like the bad guy who is responsible for starting a war with Ukraine.Meanwhile, we have others, whose hands are not so clean and who are the instigators of this conflict . Thank you .

1 Like

Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by Babinski: 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2022
Truthwords:
Nairalanders never fail to disappoint. The ignorance here stinks to high heavens. When i see how people are regurgitating the western media propaganda i start asking myself what the future of Nigeria will be like with such uninformed youths.

As usual the mainstream media is fooling all of you and I'll explain whats actually going on as briefly as possible .

During the soviet Union era, the soviets wanted to build an international military base in Cuba which was and still is in major alliance with Soviet / Russia. The then American president resisted at all course. That's because missile warheads could have easily been launched from cuba into the United States. At the fall of the soviet Union, western nations signed an agreement that NATO will not move into former Soviet colonies and that countries such as Ukraine will never be a part of NATO or be armed with nuclear capabilites.

Fast forward how many years after, NATO flouted those rules and are not only trying to bring Ukraine into NATO, they are also trying to Arm Ukraine to the teeth, a move which is very dangerous to the security and safety of Russia.

How will America and the other Westerners feel if Russia were to build military bases in places like Canada, Mexico, Bahamas etc surrounding the United States. MAINSTREAM MEDIA WILL NEVER POINT THIS OUT.

There are other cities in Eastern Ukraine such as Luhansk and Donbas, that want to willingly join Russia because they are Russian speaking people who have accepted Russian citizenship. Do not also forget that crimea willingly joined Russia and the people were so happy to display their Russian passport. That news even made it to nairaland front page but as usual, a lot of you forgot.

If America will not allow Russia building bases next to them, they and their western counterparts should also stop pushing into Russian territories under the pretence of NATO expansion.

Russia does not have a big media machine like the west and that's why we have been getting one sided information. Same thing they did with the biggest lie in History called covid SCAMdemic. Don't be too quick to conclude. Search for the truth, its Important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uSSHvRwpKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3DSWum3Okw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCjmn69PQ3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ZgMgRuccw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOmW-F0zM_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhIIUiic8kw

The US action during the Cuban crisis is understandable both then and in retrospect. It should however be noted that the US didn't use that as an excuse to invade Cuba and only sort to nip the issue at stake.

The claim of an agreement baring NATO from expanding east into former USSR countries is nothing but a blatant lie and deliberate misinformation. There was no such agreement. In fact Mikhail Gorbachev the former USSR President admitted NATO issue was not even raised at all by any of the new countries that broke out of USSR then.

At least 7 former Communist countries have already joined NATO as at 2004 and Russia made no storms or wars out of it.

It is also interesting to note that Russia had a relationship with the NATO military alliance dating back to 1991. It wasn't until 2014 that NATO unanimously decided to suspend all practical co-operation with the Russian Federation, in response to the Annexation of Crimea, but the NATO-Russia Council (NRC) was not suspended and continues till date. So people making all these spurious claims against NATO and the West just to justify Russian aggression in Ukraine should get themselves better informed.

Sources and references:

https://theconversation.com/ukraine-the-history-behind-russias-claim-that-nato-promised-not-to-expand-to-the-east-177085

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2004/03/30/7-former-communist-countries-join-nato/476d93dc-e4bd-4f05-9a15-5b66d322d0e6/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia–NATO_relations
Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by Ayed44: 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2022
nedu666:

When Russia placed weapons in cuba, America deployed 100k troops, weapons and machines ready to invade cuba, is cuba not a sovereign nation. Doesn't she have the right to host Russia military base.
When America invaded iraq, afgan, syria, Vietnam were all these not sovereign nations
Is this a justification for Russia to invade Ukraine??
Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by SonOfEl(m): 10:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
Truthwords:
the people of Eastern Ukraine especially luhansk want to be a part of Russia willingly. There is a reason i posted those videos

Russia is scared of NATO/EU-Ukraine love affair, it makes them feel encroached by the western powers so they stir separatist minorities to create buffers or shields that would lessen the encroachment. By the way, the uranium-rich resources would be the selling point for Ukraine to Europe and US, it makes Russia uncomfortable.
Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by Ayowonuola1(m): 12:35am On Feb 26, 2022
I saw an advert about investing & earning on an amazing platform. I gave it a try and I'm here to share my story.

For those who don't know how to trade or invest, let them trade for you.

If you have a funded account, go ahead and start making money.

See the link below for a guide.

talk2wiseinvestor. . com
Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by Flytime: 12:50am On Feb 26, 2022
sotall:

Those of you who justify Russia's bullying actions against Ukraine always use the Cuba Missile crisis as an excuse.

While its a fact that Ukraine is nursing being a NATO member, does this justify Russia's invading Ukraine?

Why not attack the USA who has been luring former Soviet states into NATO.

Oh! I guess , its because Ukraine doesn't have nuclear weapons.

Russia wouldn't have the boldness to tell a sovereign nation on how she should live or who to be friends with if Ukraine have not foolishly given up its nuclear weapons.

And if Ukraine has internal unrest of its citizens not wanting to be part of the country, is it the responsibility of Russia to support the rebels?

So according to you , it is right for US to invade Nigeria and arm IPOB who are wanting to brake away from Nigeria.
Does that make sense?
Israel has been occupying and bullying Palestine for years while blowing up their cities and retelling their lands
This same isreal has been bombing Syria but since it's backed by the us it's okay

Turkey also invaded and occupied northern syria but of course it's an eu country so it's okay for them

But Russia declares breakaway states or occupy lands and boom the whole world in in turmoil
Not justifying the invasion of Ukraine even though Russia had the right to be concerned but damn why are people hypocrites,although i blame western medias
I mean we've been getting propaganda images trying to make the world sympathize with Ukraine(not saying the pictures are fake or the life's of Ukrainians don't matter) and the west but we aren't made seen the horrors performed in those countries I mentioned above
I remember only aljaazera on our cable TV here criticized the us war against terrorism operation and give us extensive knowledge on isreals occupation of Palestine meanwhile Israelites are busy protesting against Russia when they are doing similar... Pure hypocrisy
Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by Rareoil(m): 1:10am On Feb 26, 2022
sotall:

Those of you who justify Russia's bullying actions against Ukraine always use the Cuba Missile crisis as an excuse.

While its a fact that Ukraine is nursing being a NATO member, does this justify Russia's invading Ukraine?

Why not attack the USA who has been luring former Soviet states into NATO.

Oh! I guess , its because Ukraine doesn't have nuclear weapons.

Russia wouldn't have the boldness to tell a sovereign nation on how she should live or who to be friends with if Ukraine have not foolishly given up its nuclear weapons.

And if Ukraine has internal unrest of its citizens not wanting to be part of the country, is it the responsibility of Russia to support the rebels?

So according to you , it is right for US to invade Nigeria and arm IPOB who are wanting to brake away from Nigeria.
Does that make sense?

Thank you, all the rest care about is posting russian propaganda up and down
Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by Rareoil(m): 1:14am On Feb 26, 2022
Ramon92:
Most people think America is how Hollywood portray it to be, and still get brainwashed by western media.

European leaders are shit scared of Russia especially Germany but they won't admit publicly except toothless social media sanctions.

One major leverage the US got over Europe is the amount of European gold stored in Fort Knox.

Only a few will understand..

Those toothless social media sanctions was what weakened USSR
Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by Rareoil(m): 1:16am On Feb 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Why are you all acting like Russia is the aggressor? cheesy. NATO cunning plan to expand to Ukraine is unacceptable ... Russian tank columns have entered Kyiv and there will be change of govt within 48 hours and this will be over ..

Russia is the aggressor, Ukraine joining NATO in non of Russia's business.
Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by NGpatriot: 2:37am On Feb 26, 2022
The Ruskies don enter wahala...

When the only friend you have left bone face and refuse to loan you not even 1 kobo.

These are not ordinary Chinese banks they are state/Government banks controlled by the Chinese President himself..

Rusia is already a poor country with only weapons to brag with, not they are just another poor 3rd world country with no serious friends,

grin grin

Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by NGpatriot: 2:42am On Feb 26, 2022
Truthwords:

So, it is OK for the Ukrainian minority to join a foreign country, but not ok for the Ukrainian majority to join other countries?

Makes no sense..

Btw, Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania are Russia's neighbors like Ukraine and they are all NATO members so let's stop peddling Russia's propaganda as if having NATO members next to Russia is the real issue because they already have 3 NATO member neighbors and more on the way based on the latest Russian aggression..

1 Like

Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by huptin(m): 2:49am On Feb 26, 2022
Lipscomb:
I'm not a Muslim but I will never support impunity the land Israelites occupied today belong to Palestinians Israel wasn't only chase Palestinian away from their land but killed them in cold war.

One day Palestinians question shall be answer. The problem maker uk and us will be put to shame.

Please go and do more research on the Palestinian issue, it's obvious you are just being too emotional about it.
Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by 1833ttt: 5:45am On Feb 26, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
Don’t mind that sotall ignorant youth.
[/s]
Re: Russia Ukrainia Conflict And The Uninformed Nigerian by kaboninc(m): 5:38pm On Feb 26, 2022
omoharry:
Thank you so so much for this insight .
This whole Russia/Ukraine fight has made Russia to look like the bad guy who is responsible for starting a war with Ukraine.Meanwhile, we have others, whose hands are not so clean and who are the instigators of this conflict . Thank you .

This is the problem with this single sided narrative you are telling us.

The point is and still remains should be that Ukraine should determine what it wants. Not the west or Russia.

Now everyone is saying this is a war between Russia and the west but who are the victims?

Our own story should not be single sided but should help bring peace because war not an option. And we should call this what it is....it is an invasion without any provocation.

The only provocation will be that Ukraine has joined NATO. have they?

So what's the justification for entering a sovereign country? It is an invasion and will always be an invasion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo / "In This Game Asiwaju Is The Devil", Naajatu Mohammed Comes For Tinubu / How The South Will Vote Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.