Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,926 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? (14993 Views)

Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) / Russia Be very afraid - United States of America's fearful Military Power / Ukraine Update - Russia Be Warned ! USA Military Scary Hell March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by DoggoneDogg: 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
[s]
TheGift:

Where is my anti-Putin article? I am Anti war and anti-foolish reasoning.
[/s]

Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by tctrills: 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2022
Faithful007:
UNDERSTANDING WHAT HAPPENED TO THE USSR DURING THE AFGHAN INVASION IN 1980 PROVIDES A GUESS ON HOW THIS WAR MIGHT TURN OUT. WOULD THERE BE A REPEAT, AND WILL PUTIN'S GOVERNMENT STAND IT?

PIC 1: USSR invasion of Afghanistan 1979
PIC 2: Russia invasion of Ukraine 2022

Source: https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2022/02/24/could-ukraine-be-putins-afghanistan/
There is always the possibility of this war turning into another Afghanistan. But with war, you never know the outcome until it's over.
The world left Ukraine to fight it's war. Russian oil sales was not sanctioned. A significant minority in Ukraine love and support Putin.
It's going to be hard for Ukraine without external support.
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by TheGift: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Hahaha, I see that when you can’t give a reasonable response to a point, you cancel it to make yourself feel better. Lol.
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by pargelenis(m): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
Built2last:
Afghanistan is farher away from Russia. It was a mountain based war. Russia now has Missiles stockpiled that can eliminate UKraine in one week.

Let Aghanistan and Pakistan try Russia today and see.

They will use drones to bomb those mountains and level it

War Dynamics has changed seriously
And you think the rest of the world has only catapults and knives? cheesy
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by peppermint7(m): 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Una no dey tire??
Putin this, Putin that, for how many years now.

This week, every analysis and strategist opinion ever written by the Western media has been demystified.

Putin is the top dog and nobody can challenge him. #Fact
How some of you support Putin marvels me
Tueh
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by Cantonese: 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
Whazar:
God punish anybody supporting this invasion
I pray Boko Haram invade such people’s hometown and tribesmen too

We have way too many idiots on this forum, so because NATO and the West has done it to the Middle East before Russia too should do it to Ukraine
Who knows wether nah Mali go invade us soon

Rubbish

Abeg if Mali invade your country where you go run go?

The Russians tell us that they intend to remove the present democratic leadership which is next door and does not favour them. Putin has forgotten that each time the Russians installed theirvown kind of leadership, by popular revolt their authoritarian leadership was thrown out.

Let's see how far he can go with this terrible move.
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by francisbiz: 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Built2last:
Afghanistan is farher away from Russia. It was a mountain based war. Russia now has Missiles stockpiled that can eliminate UKraine in one week.

Free your mind from mental slavery so that you can think right.
Do you even have electricity?
Is there clean water in your area?
Oops,
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by BJanta: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
Built2last:

You have neither knowledge nor understanding. This is the analysis of a small boy. This kind of war is not engaged in the architecture of regular war.This is an asymmetric war with hue of national pride, it's the most difficult kind of war to win. Do you think missiles are just deployed arbitrarily, their rules of engagement. Go and ask while the US herself had to eventually withdraw from Vietnam. Why has Nigeria not been able to put the Boko Haram to rest since all this time. Asymmetric war with a religious hue.Russia WILL sooner or later leave Ukraine in disgrace. The writer of the post above is CIA operative.If you know what it means you would not post that naivety you wrote up there.
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by Rebelutionary: 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
Built2last:

And America couldnt just level Afghanistan after getting humiliated by the same Afghanistan? I remember when the Americans had so much pride in their bunker busting bombs but we know how far! From Lybia to Iraq, Syria to even "small Yemen" tell me where this ideology of just "use bombs and go" has worked? War, today is so much more than steel and brute force you know! Yes, it is an advantage but NEVER the be all in war!
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by darediamond(m): 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
Grgton:
This is a clear indication that international laws, alliance: NATO, EU, UN and the US are totally less concerned! Sanctions ain't enough!!

How can they all standby watching Putin taking over Ukraine ....

Does their silence signifies weakness as against Russia?

Nigeria or some other sovereign country can actually be hijacked !
Nigeria Can be hijacked or already Hijacked Long time ago by the fake democracy forced on you by the War Mongers in London!?
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by SeunNotOwner: 9:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Built2last:

Afghanistan is not far away from Russia, in fact during the resistance days, Russia conducted an aerial bombardment of a city that cost over 30,000 lives in a day. The children of those 30k killed were the present day taliban
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by kissdabride: 1:05am On Feb 26, 2022
Nijagogetsense:
To say the fact, I support Russia in this full-scale war. War is peace. I hate everything that has to do with the West. The Pro-West are the real problem of this world...
what an irony....west is up and doing while the terrorist infested God forsaken middle east nations are at war with even themselves
If you have opportunity today you will preferred to settled down in west
Hypocrite!!!
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by Built2last: 2:09am On Feb 26, 2022
francisbiz:

Free your mind from mental slavery so that you can think right.
Do you even have electricity?
Is there clean water in your area?
Oops,

Yes sir. I am in united kingdom
They don't take light here.

We have water.

I leave in my own house with my wife and kids

Any more questions

1 Like

Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 26, 2022
kissdabride:
what an irony....west is up and doing while the terrorist infested God forsaken middle east nations are at war with even themselves
If you have opportunity today you will preferred to settled down in west
Hypocrite!!!

You think everyone is like you. I got an invitation last year to migrate to the United States. I didn't. It's not everyone that get freaked at the news of traveling to America. Presently, I got one to travel to a neighboring country (an Eastern European country), I didn't. Is traveling out an achievement? Stop being a fuul!
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by kissdabride: 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2022
Nijagogetsense:

You think everyone is like you. I got an invitation last year to migrate to the United States. I didn't. It's not everyone that get freaked at the news of traveling to America. Presently, I got one to travel to a neighboring country (an Eastern European country), I didn't. Is traveling out an achievement? Stop being a fuul!
I live in the States for ten gud years shuttle between Phil..&Texas after which I had some rough tour in almeria.You only got an opportunity but I've been there and my cousin is a citizen in the US.
Twaat.
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 26, 2022
kissdabride:
I live in the States for ten gud years shuttle between Phil..&Texas after which I had some rough tour in almeria.You only got an opportunity but I've been there and my cousin is a citizen in the US.
Twaat.

What's my business with this epistle of yours? I should fry beans or what? Abeg getat. If you have any intellectual discourse, spew it out!
Re: Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan? by kissdabride: 11:00am On Feb 28, 2022
Nijagogetsense:

What's my business with this epistle of yours? I should fry beans or what? Abeg getat. If you have any intellectual discourse, spew it out!
Mumu when you are writing epistles of being opportune to migrate to Us you never considered that epistles.
I can see you have shallow brain that will push you to go hug transformer waiting to explodes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria / Massive Fire At Kenya's International Airport / Israel To Establish Over 3,300 Settlement Units In Occupied West Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.