Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,774 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court (30920 Views)

US Supreme Court: Businesses Can Discriminate Against Gays For Religious Reasons / Americans Have Fundamental Right To Carry Firearms In Public - US Supreme Court / Biden To Appoint Candace Jackson-Akiwumi As US Supreme Court Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by DCatt: 11:45pm On Feb 25, 2022
Get over yourself! She is the first black nominee. The post is one person's opinion of what happened, I believe her word.
PoliteActivist:

Even after I discretely corrected you, you are still exposing.
Read the below carefully
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by DCatt: 11:48pm On Feb 25, 2022
Shut the hell up! I didn't read this very one I posted. I just posted the only article I could find about it. The woman herself said she was nominated in a video I'm trying to find.
1stGenAmerican:

Do you not know how to read? The article you keep pushing on us says that a filibuster was threatened so instead of nominating her, Bush nominated Alito instead. Janice Rogers Brown was NEVER a USSC nominee.
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:50pm On Feb 25, 2022
DCatt:
Shut the hell up! I didn't read this very one I posted. I just posted the only article I could find about it. The woman herself said she was nominated in a video I'm trying to find.

You’re mad and wrong. cheesy
I don’t care what video you find, the woman you’re talking about was NEVER nominated to the USSC. Anyone can say anything in a video but it doesn’t change FACTS. Anyone with comprehension who read the article is laughing at you. She was nominated to the Supreme Court but you could only find ONE article on a far right wing blog?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by PoliteActivist: 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2022
Walkee:
blacks historically have a place in US history. They have as much claim in the US just as their white counterparts. Blacks have no connection or claims Russia or China. Nigeria will never elect a white person, Arabs will never elect Nigerians. Why exactly should Chinese elect or give a black man political position? A white man can never win an election in Nigeria, not even in his wildest dreams

This is not true and you know it. Denmark, Sweden,, Australia, Germany, etc., also have no historical blacks. Nigerians are NOT prejudiced against other races. Quite the opposite - they'd even honor them more. Hence Chinese, Lebanese, etc can establish mega busineses in Nigeria and "enslave" Nigerians. Try that in China or Russia. Better yet, if you know anyone studying in those places, let them gist you. It is not by accident that they return home while those in Western countries stay.
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by VULCAN(m): 11:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
It's so easy to deceive some people.

Chaii.

A black man was President for 8 yrs and the Black American gained NOTHING.

I REPEAT NOTHING!

Now they are here to deceive you yet again.

Chaii.

mekonglobal:
A big win for the black community.
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by DCatt: 11:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
That's not a far right news, it's the only one I could find and it's probably left there for damage control. You need to ask yourself why such a news is hard to find. How do you go to DC to be be with the president with your family if you haven't been nominated and a powerful senator had to go on prime tv to make an announcement against it?
1stGenAmerican:

Yes youre very wrong.
She was never a nominee. She was never officially nominated. The far-right wing article you listed says she “would have been” but she was not. I’m a Black woman lawyer in America. It’s my business to know facts about these things, It’s troubling because you keep reading the article but you aren’t comprehending it.
Right wing articles like that one are made for people just like you. They know you lack comprehension and will run and spread a lie without checking for the truth.
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
VULCAN:

Chaii.

I REPEAT NOTHING!

Chaii.

We gained many things, one being a Black president. What were we supposed to gain? Was he supposed to do like corrupt Nigerian politicians and break laws and loot public funds and channel it all to Black Americans?

1 Like

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by PoliteActivist: 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
DCatt:
Get over yourself! She is the first black nominee. The post is one person's opinion of what happened, I believe her word.

Hehe, trying to save face. You made a mistake, you won't be the first. Accept it and walk away instead of making further fool of yourself. It's becoming embarrassing

2 Likes

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
DCatt:
That's not a far right news, it's the only one I could find and it's probably left there for damage control. You needto ask yourself why such a news is hard to find. How do you go to DC to be be with the president with your family if you haven't been nominated and a powerful senator had to go on prime tv to make an announcement on it?

Why it’s hard to find? Because it NEVER HAPPENED. No one in America remembers the woman you speak of being a nominee but you do. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by richmanrichard: 11:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
They have started giving dumb blacks trojan gifts.

Tomorrow they will request for 1 million black men to go die in a war for them just like Ukraine gave Visa to Nigerian boys and now forcing them to die in a senseless war they created.

Blacks are dumb.
China kills more blacks(Nigerians) every year in Lagos alone in their iron company than America does alone in a whole year in America
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by Walkee: 11:59pm On Feb 25, 2022
PoliteActivist:

This is not true and you know it. Denmark, Sweden,, Australia, Germany, etc., also have no historical blacks. Nigerians are NOT prejudiced against other races. Quite the opposite - they'd even honor them more. Hence Chinese, Lebanese, etc can establish mega busineses in Nigeria and "enslave" Nigerians. Try that in China or Russia. Better yet, if you know anyone studying in those places, let them gist you. It is not by accident that they return home while those in Western countries stay.
lmao you believe Nigeria will elect a white man?
Omo no need to even continue this conversation. Nigeria is a poor country, a third world country. People couldn't care less who owns a business. You're hungry and you get a job opportunity, you take it. You don't have a choice. If you believe Nigerians will elect a foreigner into political positions you have no idea what you are talking about or you most likely a teenager.

Western democracies aren't currently aflicted with affirmative actions.
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by DCatt: 12:01am On Feb 26, 2022
To make it like it never happened is the reason conservatives are being censored, right? I've lost 80% of my news sources since they started yanking them off YouTube and Twitter, does that mean they never existed?
1stGenAmerican:

Why it’s hard to find? Because it NEVER HAPPENED.

1 Like

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by PoliteActivist: 12:01am On Feb 26, 2022
VULCAN:

Chaii.

I REPEAT NOTHING!

Chaii.

Ok, give an Igbo man Nigerian presidency. Let it be that Igbos gain nothing.
I REPEAT NOTHING!
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by Deefirm: 12:02am On Feb 26, 2022
Yours is no longer normal, at this point you need to be checked in to a rehabilitation center.

DoggoneDogg:

Tomorrow they will request for 1 million black men to go die in a war for them just like Ukraine gave Visa to Nigerian boys and now forcing them to die in a senseless war they created.

Blacks are dumb.

1 Like

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:06am On Feb 26, 2022
DCatt:
To make it like it never happened is the reason conservatives are being censored, right? I've lost 80% of my news sources since they started yanking them off YouTube and Twitter, does that mean they never existed?

Read what you just said and you’ll see your problem. Twitter and YouTube aren’t news sources. Anyone can upload videos to YouTube and get paid! More lies lead to more traffic that leads to more money.
If she was nominated, why do NO Americans remember it?

1 Like

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by Deefirm: 12:08am On Feb 26, 2022
You called a learned woman with so much wealth of knowledge and experience DUMB? I doubt if you have more than first degree, or a job cause you're always on NL looking for who to troll.

DoggoneDogg:

Blacks are dumb.

1 Like

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by DCatt: 12:10am On Feb 26, 2022
Dumb clown, I knew you had your make up on all along but had your head. A respected judge that had all her duck in a row would lie on record? You must think she is iru wa ogiri wa like you have on your side. I found only one because that is the only one they didn't take down, it was left there to serve a purpose you just used it for. You can label it far right but we all know that articles like that from far right are taken down. The first black nominee was in 2004.
1stGenAmerican:

You’re mad and wrong. cheesy
I don’t care what video you find, the woman you’re talking about was NEVER nominated to the USSC. Anyone can say anything in a video but it doesn’t change FACTS. Anyone with comprehension who read the article is laughing at you. She was nominated to the Supreme Court but you could only find ONE article on a far right wing blog?
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by PoliteActivist: 12:12am On Feb 26, 2022
Walkee:
lmao you believe Nigeria will elect a white man?
Omo no need to even continue this conversation. Nigeria is a poor country, a third world country. People couldn't care less who owns a business. You're hungry and you get a job opportunity, you take it. You don't have a choice. If you believe Nigerians will elect a foreigner into political positions you have no idea what you are talking about or you most likely a teenager.

Western democracies aren't currently aflicted with affirmative actions.

I bet you, any foreigner interested in being elected into office in Nigeria and campaigns and is qualified will be elected quicker than a Nigerian. Just visualize some foreigner of a different race who has laid roots in Nigeria campaigning for office. You know full well he'd be elected quicker than a Nigerian. That's just the type of people we are. It's no accident we prefer foreign coaches. Try go be a coach in China or Russia as a black man!

2 Likes

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:14am On Feb 26, 2022
DCatt:
Dumb clown, I you had your make up on all along but had your head. A respected judge that had all her duck in a row would on record? You must think she is iru wa ogiri wa like you have on your side.

You had to stoop to name calling because you feel like the name you called me: a dumb clown. American has millions and millions of people and none of them remember something that one dummy in Nigeria swears happened about 20 years ago. And in typical dummy fashion, you keep arguing KNOWING that it’s a lie. TIME magazine says you’re a liar. Everyone knows you’re lying.
You’re mad? Keep getting madder idiot.
This woman, in 2022, is the first ever Black woman to be nominated to the US Supreme Court. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by Walkee: 12:16am On Feb 26, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I bet you, any foreigner interested in being elected into office in Nigeria and campaigns and is qualified will be elected quicker than a Nigerian. Just visualize some foreigner of a different race who has laid roots in Nigeria campaigning for office. You know full well he'd be elected quicker than a Nigerian. That's just the type of people we are. It's no accident we prefer foreign coaches. Try go be a coach in China or Russia as a black man!
cheesy grin this guy grin
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:19am On Feb 26, 2022
Deefirm:
You called a learned woman with so much wealth of knowledge and experience DUMB? I doubt if you have more than first degree, or a job cause you're always on NL looking for who to troll.

These types never have any real or useful education. They just sit on the Internet and read what White people say and repeat it without comprehension. This woman is set to make over a quarter of a million US dollars a year and this dummy is calling her dumb.
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by PoliteActivist: 12:20am On Feb 26, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You had to stoop to name calling because you feel like the name you called me: a dumb clown. American has millions and millions of people and none of them remember something that one dummy in Nigeria swears happened about 20 years ago. And in typical dummy fashion, you keep arguing KNOWING that it’s a lie. TIME magazine says you’re a liar. Everyone knows you’re lying.
This woman, in 2022, is the first ever Black woman to be nominated to the US Supreme Court. Deal with it.

Just ignore DCatt my sister, it's the old "if you have no argument, insult the plaintiff"
He's realised he made a mistake.
Be kind, allow him to save face a little wink

1 Like

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:20am On Feb 26, 2022
DCatt:
That's a lie, she was NOT the first Black woman to be nominated. A Republican George Bush nominated the first black woman judge Janice Rogers Brown and it was the same racist Joe Biden that blocked her from getting to the supreme court just because of the color of her skin.

Seun Osewa of Nairaland needs to take this misleading thread down if there's any integrity leftt in nairaland.

https://www.aei.org/op-eds/remembering-the-black-woman-biden-blocked-from-the-supreme-court/

Chief liar in chief and her alternative facts aka lies is at it again

Madam have some shame

1 Like

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by Boss469(m): 12:21am On Feb 26, 2022
panafrican:
Congratulations !

Hopefully you are not there to defend LGBT rights . You were born from a traditional family , do not destroy it.
African -Americans have been so disappointing with their gay right inclined culture.
Stop pleasing the White man.
Just disgusting!

They are not pleasing any body. They are doing the right thing.
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by DCatt: 12:22am On Feb 26, 2022
Republican nominates the first black woman, when democrats are still neck deep in racism, so to turn around and say you nominated the first black woman makes you dubious. Only twats like you listen to time magazine, Liberal media haven't said any truth in years. They are a lie box and zombies like you are their grounds to walk on.
1stGenAmerican:

1 Like

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:23am On Feb 26, 2022
DCatt:
Republicans that vote to confirm her will lose their seats when up for reelections. I'm not even going to go into who the woman is but that seat must be filled by Trump. Justice Meyer was blindsided and forces out by the deepstate when his time is not up. His term expires in July. Never has there been a nominee before a justice leaves. Democrats know they are done after the midterm elections so they want to rush. For that, the seat must be left till after midterm.

Democrats will retain congress save your tears for November also Democrats don't need Republicans to support thanks to Republicans who changed the rules for 51 votes for SCOTUS nominee.

She will be confirmed and two republicans will likely vote for her if democrats hold Georgia and Arizona while taking Wisconsin, Pennsylvania or even North Carolina they will retain the senate..
Congress will not fall into Republican hands this year better hold up your tears for November.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by heniford2: 12:23am On Feb 26, 2022
Yeye joe
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:25am On Feb 26, 2022
DCatt:
Republican nominates the first black woman, when democrats are still neck deep in racism, so to turn around and say you nominated the first black woman makes you dubious. Only twats like you listen to time magazine, Liberal media haven't said any truth in years. They are a lie box and zombies like you are their grounds to walk on.

Go and read the stupid article you shared Janice Rogers brown was nominated as a federal judge and not for the supreme court is English that hard for you, the first black woman who became a federal judge Constance Baker Motley was nominated by democrats.

No wonder you are a Trump supporter alternative facts aka lies and the confidence you lots use to sow propaganda is unmatched.

Sit this one abeg this never happened just lies from you again.
And you are the one saying the truth get your head checked you need help the amount of misinformation you read daily is affecting you.

3 Likes

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by DCatt: 12:26am On Feb 26, 2022
See what a dog drag in. Monkey see monkey repeat.
AmazonTopaz:

Chief liar in chief and her alternative facts aka lies is at it again

Madam have some shame
Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:26am On Feb 26, 2022
PoliteActivist:

My bros if you were exposed enough you'd have known of the legendary OVERT racism against blacks in these places.
Many, many prominent blacks in the West, like
Obama, their families had nothing to do with slavery.
They are second, third generation black immigrants.
This, ON PURPOSE, is extremely discouraged in China or Russia.

This is right. Let’s legally send 10 Nigerians to Europe, 10 to North America, 10 to China, and 10 to Russia and leave them to be for 10 years. We already know which ones would be in a much better place in life and it’s not the ones in Russia or China!

1 Like

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:27am On Feb 26, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Go and read the stupid article you shared Janice Rogers brown was nominated as a federal judge and not for the supreme court is English that hard for you, the first black woman who became a federal judge Constance Baker Motley was nominated by democrats.

No wonder you are a Trump supporter alternative facts aka lies and the confidence you lots use to sow propaganda is unmatched.

And you are the one saying the truth get your head checked you need help the amount of misinformation you read daily is affecting you.

Thank you. Nothing like a smart woman to give it hot to an ignorant person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court by DCatt: 12:29am On Feb 26, 2022
Iddiot this one is closed. The first black woman was in 2004. I'm not going to read your trash, drag yourself back to the hole you came out of.
AmazonTopaz:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rats At US Police Headquarters Get ‘High’ On Seized Marijuana / Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget / US Capitol Under Lockdown After Security Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.