Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,139 members, 7,852,868 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:31 AM

Beginner's Guide To Growing A Beard - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beginner's Guide To Growing A Beard (259 Views)

Get A Beard That Fits Your Look With Beard Transplants In Nottingham / 26 Years Old Without A Single Beard / Harnaam Kaur: Youngest Female With A Full Beard (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beginner's Guide To Growing A Beard by ManiMalik: 6:14pm On Feb 25, 2022
This article will show you the best way to grow a beard from scratch, using the 12-week challenge. It is a step-by-step beginner's guide using a simple 3-stage process. The guide will show you what to avoid when growing a beard, as well providing tips that will help you style and shape your beard as you go. It starts with the month's growth.

You want a beard, you have just finished your last shave and you're looking at a completely bare-faced excuse of a man. What do you do? This is probably the hardest phase of beard growth, as well as the most uncontrollable. I want you to just let your facial hair grow for 1 month solid, no trimming! During this time you will discover the rate of growth your hair follicles produce, which will show you your bearded potential. The best beard oil can be beneficial for your beard.

Unfortunately, not everyone can grow a successful-bodied beard but there is only one way to find out - just let it grow. It will look rugged at the beginning, you may get comments, and it will agitate you, but after this phase it gets good. I first grew mine when I started traveling. No one knew who I was, no one knew what a looked like so growing a beard was normal because no one knew me otherwise. If you have a length of time where you'll be away from your home, this is a great opportunity to get growing.

Around the 2 weeks period, you will most likely get the 2-week itch. When you shave, the cut can leave the tips of your facial hair quite sharp. As time goes your hair can curl and hit sections of your skin which leads to the dreaded itchy phase, the worst part of growing a beard.
I find it doesn't last long and to be fair you can get through it easily enough, it's not the end of the world but it can cause a lot of irritation and discomfort. There are some measures you can take to keep it on an even keel.
Use beard oil[center][/center]

I would recommend using a good quality beard oil. It will condition your beard leaving it soft and healthy. It will also moisturize and hydrate the skin under your facial hair, eliminating beard dandruff thus avoiding any skin irritations. Be sparing though! Only use maybe 5 pence coin-sized drop worth of Beard Oil.. you really don't need a lot, it goes a long way, and it will just help make it a bit more bearable.

Say what? No, don't worry, I mean avoid using any products with a high alcohol content on your beard. This will dry out the skin, which will then increase the chance of itching, so avoid moisturizers with any alcohol content and go for the organic choices to achieve the best results.
Both these steps will keep the facial hair and skin healthy and will help get through the dreaded itch phase. During these first couple of weeks, make sure to keep your environment of growth natural to get the best results, and you get past the itch phase you will have turned a big corner.
After the 1st month phase, I would recommend giving it a good groom. At this point you might have a rugged facial piece on the go - giving it a good cut around the neckline for more structure could be good.

(1) (Reply)

Tell Nigerians in Ukraine To Call These Lines / Prayer For My Father / These Are The Ruins, Shame And Embarrassment CBN And ASO Have Brought On Union H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.