Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions (346 Views)

CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions by jwax: 7:36pm On Feb 25, 2022
Greetings everyone.

I think my bank is trying to extort me and I need suggestions from bankers in the house on how to go about it.

Here is the gist, a long read but I will keep it short.

I have a Piggyvest target plan which I set automatically for them to deduct 2k from my account daily (if you are a Piggyvest user you know how it works), that has been going on fine and there are days when I make more money so I just use the QUICK TOP UP button to save the excess I made.

So it happened that on some days I manually save more

Here is the breakdown

On 9th of February I made a quick top up of N10,000 into my account. I was debited by my bank and credited by Piggyvest

On 9th February I made another quick top up of N4,000. I was debited by my bank and credited by Piggyvest

11th of February I made another quick top up of N16,000. Was debited by my bank and credited by Piggyvest

15th of February I made another quick top up of N14,000. was debited by my bank and credited by Piggyvest

12th February N2,000 was removed Via auto top up. I was debited by my bank and credited by Piggyvest

13th February another 2k was removed via auto top up. I was debited by my bank and credited by Piggyvest.

In all these transactions, the appropriate amount were removed from my account (there was never a reversal).

Now fast forward to on 22nd February, I received a debit from my account for the N14,000 again and today being 25th of February I received yet another debit of N10,000, N16,000, N4,000, N2,000 and N2,000 again from my account making it double debits
Re: My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions by jwax: 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2022
Note that these debits they made makes it twice they have debited me for the same transaction and nothing was reversed.

When the first debit was made on 22nd February, no SMS or email was sent. I got to find out when I check my account balance and noticed that N14,000 was missing.

At first I thought my account was bridged, I quickly transferred the remaining money there and I quickly blocked my ATM card and contacted my bank to restrict the account which they did, so all through I have been unable to make any transaction with that account.

That same day, a friend unknowingly sent N51,000 to the account and the money was stuck there.

I went to one of their branch to complain, they promised to resolve it today but only for me to see another round of debit alerts of N4,000
N10,000
N16,000
N2,000 and
N2,000 in quick succession

With rage I rushed to the banking hall to demand what happened and they claimed that those transactions were pending transactions that didn't go through.

I was like how come it didn't go through. I was debited for all the transactions, Piggyvest was credited and no more was ever reversed back and now you are debiting me again for the same transactions again
Re: My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions by jwax: 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2022
I requested for my bank statement from first of February to date being 25th ( you can see the bank statement below, sorry I mask the names).

Looking at the bank statements, truly those transactions were not recorded but something seems fishy.

My closing balance according to the bank statement is N97,137.16 (please see snapshot of the statement below)

But what I have left in my account right now is
N16,857.66 (see image below)

That is a shortage of N80,279.5

If the bank deducts the total of N48,000 that didn't go through from the N97,857.66, I should be left with N49,137.16

But I am only seeing N16,857 in my account which is daylight robbery.

I have been to the bank and no reasonable explanation is given... I don't know what step to take next except going to create a scene

Please bankers in the house how can u recover my money

Re: My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions by jwax: 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
Mods! Please take to front page.

I need suggestions
Re: My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions by SportsHD: 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2022
What can I say, useless banks.
The only way is to just take it up with them.
Re: My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions by ebenezary(m): 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Mad o
Re: My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions by chinonyinye: 9:39pm On Feb 25, 2022
Request your case log code from the bank involved. Make sure you collect it oo if not cbn will not answer you.

Write a mail to CBN, tag your bank and provide the log code in the mail. God will punish Satan.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions by jwax: 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2022
chinonyinye:
Request your case log code from the bank involved. Make sure you collect it oo if not cbn will not answer you.

Write a mail to CBN, tag your bank and provide the log code in the mail. God will punish Satan.

Thanks for this... I will get it from them on Monday
Re: My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions by chinonyinye: 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
also carry them to Twitter. tag everybody taggable piggyvest o, your bank o and plenty influencers. You can even create a hashtag for it.

(1) (Reply)

Self Con For Rent / Thinking You're Not Good Enough To Teach People Or Start A Business? Read This! / How To Sell On Amazon Full Course For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.