Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? (612 Views)

Do Ijaw Men Depend On Their Wives For Money? / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Why Do Ijaw People Throw Their Newborns In The River? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? by 2buffagain(m): 11:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
A close friend of mine is about to marry an Ijaw guy. He doesn't have much going for him yet (Yankee, no Kpali), but as always, no condition is permanent. She however is a very successful woman and I guess loves him enough to support him through this claimed-temporary period of his life.

However, Many people recently have been saying that it is a cultural norm for Ijaw men to depend on their wives for their finance and feeding. I have heard this from old Ijaw men.

This is the first I have heard of this and I don't think my friend would want to end up with a man in the future who thinks that way, especially when she is already handling do much financially. Can anyone shed more light on this?

Is this a true cultural norm amongst the Ijaw?

NO INSULTS please. mature responders only.
Re: Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? by dayoscape: 11:04pm On Feb 25, 2022
I know about Kaduna State men...
But ijaw men I'm not sure
Re: Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? by yanabasee(m): 11:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Yes, it's a very normal practice in ijaw nation...

Their men will marry and have the woman turned into the bread winner while they go out looking for younger girls to impregnate and sleep with....

If the said guy grew up far from his village and have a different view about this, she should go through his background and check how long he's been struggling and how ready he is to be on his feet..

2 Likes

Re: Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? by ZhanVeera(f): 11:45pm On Feb 25, 2022
Let me ask my neighbor,,
He's from there
Re: Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? by Deborah98(f): 12:09am On Feb 26, 2022
Redpillers avoiding this thread like covid grin.. allow me to laugh in a way that will please Jehovah. My dear brother in the Lord Biko if she truly loves the man and her convictions are right why not go ahead with the marriage. I won't mind spending on my husband if I have the means to. But lately redpillers geng are the ones spoiling business for men, imagine advising a man not to go ahead with his marriage plans just because the lady is the one financing everything. This mindsets are deluded and void of vision for life. Let her go ahead with the marriage plans and if God willing she can as well help him stand on his feet financially that's if redpillers won't come and twist his brain.
Re: Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? by MoneyGoDrop: 5:13am On Feb 26, 2022
I'm not sure that's the ijaw guy i know is very hardworking and doesn't even depend on anybody for survival.
Re: Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? by ChangedMan1999(m): 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2022
What a foolish post
Re: Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? by Chrisdiv1: 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2022
My ijaw neighbor is one on them. He depends on his girlfriend for all financial aspect of his life. They had a child in December 2020. Although the baby came unplanned as they were just having fun. The guy had to rely on friends to soothe the hospital bill and baby loads. Even the apartment was rented by the guy elder sister, when he got someone pregnant. His baby's mama nearly died from breast feeding with an empty stomach. I can not count how many times they came knocking on my door for almost anything begabble. I couldn't say no because of the mother and her poor child.

Fast forward to to this day. The girlfriend is the bread winner of the home. She sold her phone to start up a road side indomie joint. The guy still stays at home from money till night, when he goes out to meet with friends and side chicks. Spending the girlfriend hard earn money on those side chicks.

I could remember the very day, the girl came crying to my sister that came visiting, telling her that the guy laid his hand on her because she refuse to give him her business money. Because her guy's sexual escapades has come to her notice. When ask why she has refuse to leave the relationship, she said "The guy can fu*k so well". And she doubt if any one of her present admires can give it her as hot.

Presently, the landlord Just served them a quick notice because their rent was due and they couldn't meet up with the rents. The guy is depending on his girlfriend to rent another apartment. According to her she is likewise saving for it.

I don't want to even talk about the guy's elder brother that stays with them. He is an issue on his own. Too dependant on people, mostly on their girlfriend/spouse. While giving them good sex as payment. The girl sound track is so baahhh. Mehn. Always high and uncontrollable.

1 Like

Re: Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? by 2buffagain(m): 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
Chrisdiv1:
My ijaw neighbor is one on them. He depends on his girlfriend for all financial aspect of his life. They had a child in December 2020. Although the baby came unplanned as they were just having fun. The guy had to rely on friends to soothe the hospital bill and baby loads. Even the apartment was rented by the guy elder sister, when he got someone pregnant. His baby's mama nearly died from breast feeding with an empty stomach. I can not count how many times they came knocking on my door for almost anything begabble. I couldn't say no because of the mother and her poor child.

Fast forward to to this day. The girlfriend is the bread winner of the home. She sold her phone to start up a road side indomie joint. The guy still stays at home from money till night, when he goes out to meet with friends and side chicks. Spending the girlfriend hard earn money on those side chicks.

I could remember the very day, the girl came crying to my sister that came visiting, telling her that the guy laid his hand on her because she refuse to give him her business money. Because her guy's sexual escapades has come to her notice. When ask why she has refuse to leave the relationship, she said "The guy can fu*k so well". And she doubt if any one of her present admires can give it her as hot.

Presently, the landlord Just served them a quick notice because their rent was due and they couldn't meet up with the rents. The guy is depending on his girlfriend to rent another apartment. According to her she is likewise saving for it.

I don't want to even talk about the guy's elder brother that stays with them. He is an issue on his own. Too dependant on people, mostly on their girlfriend/spouse. While giving them good sex as payment. The girl sound track is so baahhh. Mehn. Always high and uncontrollable.

Wowu.
Looks like this thread was double-created.
Please repeat this post here https://www.nairaland.com/7004647/ijaw-men-depend-wives-money.
Re: Do Ijaw Men Depend Too Much On Their Wives? by 2buffagain(m): 2:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
Please continue this thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/7004647/ijaw-men-depend-wives-money

Interesting perspectives thus far.

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Lead Pastor Drops Post To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso / Beware: Some People Who Pour Sand Into Grave Are Evil And Chain The Spirit. / In One Word, Describe This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.