Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains (34990 Views)

U.S Vetoes Palestinian Bid For Recognition As Full U.N Member State / US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza / WW3 Fears As China And Russia Join Forces For Massive War Games(Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Ellasure: 10:18am On Feb 26, 2022
I pray to God that I am isolated from friends that can not mobilise 1000 men and women to fight a war on my behalf.

Pray that I received help from capable men and women with means at their disposal. Amen.

Liberalism has no truth attached.

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Dybala11(m): 10:19am On Feb 26, 2022
96ACE:
I hail Naija, we no dey ever support any side. Na prayer we dey always use support. Buhari no go vote because him fit go borrow money from any side
grin grin grin
Bubu can't support any side, he's China's debtor and he's owing the West too. grin

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Dybala11(m): 10:24am On Feb 26, 2022
Curious346:
I know you support the USA because if visa..

Omor Mushin, no visa for you.. USA embassy will chop your 500k and still bounce you like a basket ball.

Hahahah
Migrate to your Russia or China or even North Korea man, no need to dey disguise. Your hypocrisy still reeks to high heavens.

And not everyone is living in a Lagos slum like you. The way we identify some of you is via your behaviour of always blaming others for your misfortunes. grin
Lemme still emphasize on the truth I've said in one of my comments.
The US, UK, Russia and China are all guilty of trampling on the sovereignty of nations. Hypocrisy is when you choose to mention only one or two nations there because of sheer hatred which doesn't affect any of those nations. The US will never come to your aid except there's something in it for them, same with Russia, China etc. grin
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by seanwilliam(m): 10:37am On Feb 26, 2022
Guyman02:

Abstaining means less vote for the opponent and in favour of the person being voted against and the quorum can't be met. That's why the resolution failed to pass

https://www.nairaland.com/7004259/chinese-banks-restrict-lending-russia

Waiting on your response
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by maasoap(m): 10:37am On Feb 26, 2022
Truthisunique2:
FirstSon01 I tell you say China and India no be Russia friend in reality

Dem still prefer west to share power round than for Russia to have it alone

Abstaining no be support for Russia, China and India don't have fear of west so they got no reason to claim neutral

India would have given full yes if not they want to pay Ukraine for not supporting them

Okay, they are not Russia's friends and they don't fear West, mind telling us why they choose to be neutral instead of voting against Russia? You're only trying to be clever by half

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by kelvinjames01: 10:38am On Feb 26, 2022
Are u talking about the same palestine sending missiles to israel?
Mossadd:
Lol I talk am.China will rather abstain than to vote against Russia US go they look China with one kind eye whereas they did the same thing when terrorist Israel were raining fire on innocent palenstin may GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS PRESIDENT PUTIN
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Guyman02: 10:38am On Feb 26, 2022
Ellasure:

Thanks you for your reasonable deductions. Don't mind the liberal western world with chicken Republics and many faces of homophobic and penophobic countries without any positive agenda than liberalism to wealth. Western world and wealth without adequate work and power.

If India, China, Russia and Saudi Arabia are abstaining from a matter, tell me what is Ireland and England doing on voting. Voting that has been rigged by numbers without weight.

At the end of the day, God Almighty will win.
@ Dbegining this above explains your ignorant argument, you guys should stay away from CNN
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by NwaliE01: 10:40am On Feb 26, 2022
Mossadd:
Lol I talk am.China will rather abstain than to vote against Russia US go they look China with one kind eye whereas they did the same thing when terrorist Israel were raining fire on innocent palenstin may GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS PRESIDENT PUTIN

Do you know why Ukraine was invaded?
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Guyman02: 10:40am On Feb 26, 2022
seanwilliam:

https://www.nairaland.com/7004259/chinese-banks-restrict-lending-russia

Waiting on your response
Its from Bloomberg a propagandist western media channel, let me the official statement from either the Chinese bank or China government
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by liasmiram2567: 10:41am On Feb 26, 2022
sweetjohn:
Keep being foolish God is watching you. Israeli did what they need to do bc those terrorist from Palestine where directly throwing bombs like water into Israel unlike Russia invading totally innocent Ukraine. Israel warned citizen to vacate any premicses they want to destroy but the terrorist forced them to remain there thereby using them as shield. If you like paint it they way you like but thank God the world and other mature people are not as stupid as you and your blindfold muslims beothers

You are the hypocrite and stupid here. What is the difference between what Russia is doing and what Isreal has been doing with open support by the west?Hypocrisy is when you choose to support a country that commit a crime but heap blame and curse another that does same thing.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by linearity: 10:47am On Feb 26, 2022
Mossadd:
But how them come allow all those small small African countries to vote when our almight giant of African didn't vote?
Africa have three seats at the UN Security Counsel that is rotated among Africa member states.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Truthisunique2: 10:53am On Feb 26, 2022
maasoap:

Okay, they are not Russia's friends and they don't fear West, mind telling us why they choose to be neutral instead of voting against Russia? You're only trying to be clever by half
They are neutral so as not to support any side

Look at turkey, they came out openly to support Russia

Deep down they rather have global domination spread amongst various western nations than been concentrated in a Soviet Union
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by linearity: 10:59am On Feb 26, 2022
maasoap:

China have their own obsession and plan too, which is taking over Taiwan & Myanmar, which the US oppose and China is portraying that it’s not similar like Russia vs Ukraine.

Plus, US is the largest trading partner of China. So, why not stay out of this instead of damaging relationships over what is not directly involving them?

International politics and strategy is a nuanced balancing act and not always black and white in all cases.

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:07am On Feb 26, 2022
A lot of people condemning Putin don't even know what is really happening.

Putin's fear of being boxed in and losing Crimea should Ukraine join NATO is justified.

Did the United Kingdom not have the same fear when the Soviet Union planned to invade Afghanistan, an invasion which eventually led to the Soviet-Afghanistan war?

The hypocrisy of the West is staggering.

For more stupid reasons, Bush invaded Iraq. Even when it was decided that Bush had no business in Iraq, they have let the matter die off, while Husseine is still being demonized to this day.

NATO should expand elsewhere, but not East.

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Dbegining: 11:08am On Feb 26, 2022
Guyman02:

@ Dbegining this above explains your ignorant argument, you guys should stay away from CNN

No1. The first paragraph was just name-calling

No2. In a vote, those who abstains are not saying "no" and therefore it's the same as relinquishing their voting rights, it doesn't count as a "no"

No3. I've said this before and I'll say it again.
You should know how votes work from even Local government voting or primaries of political parties. You should know that number is all that matters!
No4. Those you are calling just numbers(France, UK, northern Ireland) are permanent members of the council.

No5. The US, France and northern Ireland also have veto powers

No6. Look at the attachment below. And by the way, that attachment isn't CNN.

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Dreamhighnow(m): 11:29am On Feb 26, 2022
Mossadd:

Bless Putin for invading another country and shedding blood? Pls what is the name of your evil god. Sure u are not talking about the real God. Eva use he doesn’t support evil people like u
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Oppy2k2: 11:30am On Feb 26, 2022
I dey happy as bubu no day. He fit go press No.
No be him fault, na old age dey worry am.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Hamiltonii: 11:36am On Feb 26, 2022
gambia:
Putin will be disgraced at last.

Ewu gambia! You're already disgraced.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by sweetjohn(m): 11:38am On Feb 26, 2022
liasmiram2567:

You are the hypocrite and stupid here. What is the difference between what Russia is doing and what Isreal has been doing with open support by the west?Hypocrisy is when you choose to support a country that commit a crime but heap blame and curse another that does same thing.
If you can't see the difference go get education. Remember to educate all your brainwashed Muslim brothers also.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by atiku07(m): 11:40am On Feb 26, 2022
Macphenson:
Kenya and Ghana voted, Nigeria was not seen on the voting list. Why is it so?

This should really be our concern.
The UN security Council seat is rotational therefore it is their turn is whybu see them there
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by sosereal201(m): 11:46am On Feb 26, 2022
Stevenson20:
From China's actions and inactions, Russia has the backing of China. They are preparing to Invade Taiwan if Russia succeeds
And Russia wont
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:47am On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Putin can only try but he won't succeed.. he wants to keep Shelling then let him go on..
This is a bloody dictator and an upcoming Hitler.. forceful invasion..
No sane person or country wanna associate with a disaster..I hope to see how Russia can keep on going with everyone against them..
Your economy is almost in shambles and you keep annexing forcefully without any reasonable plan..
The evil needs to be cut off from the world..

Ukrainians are determined not to give up so easily and that's a great one..this is pure bully nothing else.. Putin will forever be known as a weakling..a weakling who is good at bullying his little brother cos of his selfish benefit..

Emotional judge, America and the west are the problem, they wanted this, they got it, they want to see Russia rain bullets, Most Nigerians don’t research, read or watch, just emotion judge, rather than been logical. When Israel rain bullets on Palestinian wetin Una talk or do, America support Abi, double standard,

They wan see Putin eye, them go see am. Palestinians died too from Israel invasion. So you all fucking stop
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Athemisia: 11:53am On Feb 26, 2022
Mossadd:
As usual, government using the poor masses as pawns in their own game of chess.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Athemisia: 11:55am On Feb 26, 2022
parfhecto:
wink it's time renegotiate this UN Security council formula. It has always been flawed

Question:

Is UN really United?
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 26, 2022
Mossadd:
you are crazy dawg,idiots.what makes you think some group of warriors (Israel) claiming their land terrorist?
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by hayzed19(m): 12:04pm On Feb 26, 2022
The major dogs are simply utilizing smaller countries as pawns in their own chess game.
The five permanent members of the UN Security Council have veto power. Any substantial draft Council resolution can be blocked by a single permanent member. Imagine
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by DaHrNn0001: 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2022
Where do Nigeria stand in this? Obviously we are not part of the security council that we find Kenya & Ghana... Really, Does being a Nigerian a disadvantage cus I cant still understand
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Abumilla(m): 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
Galloman:
It is pertinent to know that the so called world powerful nations are all guilty of the crime they are dragging Russia for. I'm not sounding supportive for Russia but let's always speak the truth without emotions.
The atrocities of UK and US in Iraq are still fresh in our memories.
The atrocities of NATO and the US in Libya are there for us to make reference to.
The atrocities of Isreal over Palestine and their forceful occupation of Golan Height can never be forgotten
That of China over minority Uighor Muslims is there for us to see.

None of world powerful nation would dealer drinking party if they were in the shoes of Russia. Have we all forgotten how The US treated Cuba because hey allow a planned USSR military base which us perceived as a potential means of attacking her?

We should all calm down and seek peace irrespective of who's ore is gored.
True talk

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by abdlkay(m): 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2022
Swears some people are bloody hypocrite who really keep trying to portray Russia as evil at all cost. Spitting BS and silly tantrums, shey una no dey see same thing wey dey happen for some African and Middle-East, what do you call that? Entertainment abi Sports!

All these powerful countries na same thing na im dem be with different method of carrying out their agenda.

Infact to hell with all of em.......and their stupid sanctions
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 26, 2022
I can understand why Russia is invading Ukraine. But the truth is each sovereign state decides who to align with and what association to belong to. Russia is feeling insecure with Ukraine joining NATO but it's their choice and what the government thinks is good for her people.

The invasion is needless, it will only strengthen US as the big BOSS because with Russian economy crumbling it's only trigger shy China who can compete with the US
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by abdlkay(m): 12:35pm On Feb 26, 2022
Galloman:
It is pertinent to know that the so called world powerful nations are all guilty of the crime they are dragging Russia for. I'm not sounding supportive for Russia but let's always speak the truth without emotions.
The atrocities of NATO and the US in Libya are there for us to make reference to.
The atrocities of Isreal over Palestine and their forceful occupation of Golan Height can never be forgotten

None of world powerful nation would dealer drinking party if they were in the shoes of Russia. Have we all forgotten how The US treated Cuba because hey allow a planned USSR military base which us perceived as a potential means of attacking her?

Naso dem dey reason no be to pick sides anyhow without weighing the actions of the other party you keep glorfying as a saint

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by iamdapsyj(m): 12:36pm On Feb 26, 2022
Galloman:

Ox is gored

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ndukwe Onuoha Elected Councilor In The UK Under LP / Wes Goodman Caught Having Sex With Man In Office, Faces 30 Sexual Accusations / Biden Reacts To Overturn Of Abortion Rights By Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.