Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? (6649 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Pastor Anthony Olawale Dies During Mountain Of Fire Church Service In Lagos / Apostle Suleman And His Wife After Church Service Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Polynek(m): 11:09am On Feb 27, 2022
phemmyfour:
That's not an excuse, infact you can listen to the message even as do these work.

Seat arrangements is done before the service
Choir rehearsal is done before Sunday
Abeg make una no de quote me, how many times una de see my comment for NAIRALAND?
I hv no time for argument, I read post and move on, I no de like to argue with someone. I will only drop my opinion and move on, if you don't agree with my opinion u can argue with ur keyboard. I no go drop any word for Dix thread again.
Life is very simple if we always mind our business
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Thespagchef(m): 11:18am On Feb 27, 2022
The fact that you were busy during service does not mean you have wasted your time.
Going by the stream analogy, your water might be the service you render at church.
What will you say about adult workers in children church?

It is the responsibility of your church to provide alternatives.
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:40am On Feb 27, 2022
Polynek:
Abeg make una no de quote me, how many times una de see my comment for NAIRALAND?
I hv no time for argument, I read post and move on, I no de like to argue with someone. I will only drop my opinion and move on, if you don't agree with my opinion u can argue with ur keyboard. I no go drop any word for Dix thread again.
SHUT UP AND STOP COMPLAINING LIKE A BABY! Have you not quoted others b4? As for doz church workers, they are fooling themselves! When Jesus was preaching to d multitude, was any cleaning seats or controlling d crowd?
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 27, 2022
Thespagchef:

What will you say about adult workers in children church?

The adult workers are also learning from the children. As you teach, you learn.

I was in the Church office, typing letters, writing cheques etc during the service. This could have waited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by akeeng: 11:59am On Feb 27, 2022
Oddfinder:

Nobody send u
The story of mary and Marta should teach u a lesson..
An ordinary member have no business in the temple..
Pardon?
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Truefaith: 12:51pm On Feb 27, 2022
fvgb
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by phemmyfour: 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2022
Polynek:
Illiterate
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by phemmyfour: 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
superCleanworks:

and what is the righteousness in time wasting?
It's a phrase for people trying to obey the law without understanding the more important thing, which is the purpose in of the law
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by frankson1(m): 1:20pm On Feb 27, 2022
superCleanworks:
What is the use of going to the stream and then you get too busy to fetch the same water you came there for?

As a Sound Engineer, sometimes, when your systems mess you up, you will even forget where you are cry
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Thespagchef(m): 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

I was in the Church office, typing letters, writing cheques etc during the service. This could have waited.

You could have streamed the service on any available device
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2022
Thespagchef:

You could have streamed the service on any available device

That's what I'm talking about. We live and learn. I now know better grin
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by harmony75: 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2022
Some people are just over familiarity with God! What do you want to preach? dem sabi everything!

1 Like

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Thespagchef(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
Vinnie2000:
When Jesus was preaching to d multitude, was any cleaning seats or controlling d crowd?

It was not recorded.

Also using common sense, everyone can't just sit down and expect the service to run smoothly.

Murphy's law in consideration "what ever can go wrong will surely go wrong"

1 Like

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by NaijaCuzin: 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

I agree. There was even one brother who spent the entire service sweeping the car park, and cleaning the toilets. Yet, he was a member.
ah

1 Like

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 2:21pm On Feb 27, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Yeah. And he thought he went to Church grin
I think of these things too and I wonder if it is a good decision to be a worker or just sit and listen but I came into the conclusion that, being a worker is much more better! Workers are the real members because if everyone sits and do nothing, then there wouldn’t be a Church in the first place. Workers do what they do voluntarily and as a true worker, you can work while gaining a lot from the sermon otherwise you go home and study the word at your spare time. We can’t discourage working for God.
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 27, 2022
harmony75:
Some people are just over familiarity with God! What do you want to preach? dem sabi everything!

And that's scary.
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 27, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

We can’t discourage working for God.

Not discouraging at all.

During the prayers, I would be writing cheques so the signatories could sign them. Couldn't it have waited? Shouldn't I have also been praying?

During the sermon, I would be typing letters in the church office upstairs. Was that the right time to do so?

This is what I'm talking about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by NaijaCuzin: 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

I think of these things too and I wonder if it is a good decision to be a worker or just sit and listen but I came into the conclusion that, being a worker is much more better! Workers are the real members because if everyone sits and do nothing, then there wouldn’t be a Church in the first place. Workers do what they do voluntarily and as a true worker, you can work while gaining a lot from the sermon otherwise you go home and study the word at your spare time. We can’t discourage working for God.
but do they really concentrate
Especially those ushers, some might be outside standing
Some might be looking out for who is not concentrating, or sleeping or pressing phone

1 Like

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
NaijaCuzin:
Some might be looking out for who is not concentrating, or sleeping or pressing phone

And the organists are hardly inside unless they are playing grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by NaijaCuzin: 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2022
Vinnie2000:
OP, You re damn right! Those church workers need the gospel dan those jobs dey re doing. Most of dem re Oversabi and notice-me pple!
to think they are more "active" and "focused"

I sometimes wonder if the pastor will preach the word again to them seperately

1 Like

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Peace2love: 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Not talking about that. Arrange the chairs then sit down during the service and worship/listen to the sermon.

Am an usher in my church and I can relate. No matter how try to sit down during the service someone will still walk up to you for one assistant or the other. First timer, children running up and down that need someone to control, monitoring those sleeping, as a gatekeeper you doing the work of DSS as looking around to guys that come to steal people property/children...the list is endless.
The greatest sacrifice is when others are praying intensively with absolute focus in heaven you're walking up and down to ensure someone did not take advantage of the atmosphere and commit crime.

Ushers are generals and only God can reward them (us). After everything we watch the service on our church social media platform to get the message.
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 27, 2022
Peace2love:

Ushers are generals and only God can reward them (us). After everything we watch the service on our church social media platform to get the message.

God bless you.
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2022
Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤

1 Like

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
NaijaCuzin:
Trust me they do. I used to be in the Ushering work force and ensured I don’t miss out on sermons and prayers, infact the whole service.
It depends on your relationship with God. There are many members who do nothing but still go home learning nothing from the service because their minds wandered about during the service and some just keep pressing their phones. If you are determined to go to church to a achieve something, working for God shouldn’t deter that.
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Aaay: 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2022
No
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Aaaoo: 6:26pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by MARYIAN(f): 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

That's what I'm talking about. We live and learn. I now know better grin

wait,how long was the service? grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
MARYIAN:

wait,how long was the service? grin

3 hours grin

3 Likes

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Quicksilver5: 4:33pm On Feb 28, 2022
I don't know for the other positions in church, as for mine, I come pretty early and get things done before service starts, then after service I finish up and go home, if I came only to work then it should be named my work place, not church, moreover the leaders should find a to organize the church so that nobody misses out because many the sermon that day might be God's personal message for ya

1 Like

Re: Are You Busy, Busy, Busy During The Church Service? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2022
Quicksilver5:
I don't know for the other positions in church, as for mine, I come pretty early and get things done before service starts, then after service I finish up and go home, if I came only to work then it should be named my work place, not church, moreover the leaders should find a to organize the church so that nobody misses out because many the sermon that day might be God's personal message for ya

Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should A Christian Hotelier Allow Unmarried Couples To Lodge In A Room? / Africans May Never Recover From This Blow / Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.