Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. (30033 Views)

Rohr Misses Ighalo, Speaks Out About Eagles’ Strike Force / Who Is Your Favourite To Win Ballon D'or 2019? / Tips To Feel Better When Your Favourite Team Loses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by SugarGirl44(f): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
Thinktwicemybro:
I only know that afonja from ogun are the best skull miners. God help us from them.

That's why you and your people need to leave their region before your skulls get mined.
Don't you think so?
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by SlyCharlie(m): 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2022
national teams.. Luis Suarez and Edison Cavani(Uruguay)
kewell and Cahill(Australia)
amokachi and yekini(Nigeria)
Ronaldo and Rivaldo(brazil)
owen and heskey (England)
club sides.. York and Cole (Man u)
drogba and anelka(Chelsea)
aguero and dzeko(Man city)
eto and milito(inter)
Adriano and Martins(inter)
Torres and Gerrard (Liverpool)
shevchenko and kaka(Milan)
to name a few...

1 Like

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Ojukwu007(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2022
inspectorg:
Mane and Salah.
grin
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Kapeter(m): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2022
hakeem4:
i do not know any duo striker.

But the best TRIO still remain BBC (Bale, Benzema, and Cristiano Ronaldo) anyone who says otherwise is lying to you
Yet with one La Liga title in 10 years. You are a clown sir.
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by astOorR(m): 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2022
ThierryJay:
I think I'd name the best strike partnerships for the best teams of the last 30 years.

AC Milan - Inzaghi & Shevchenko, Kaka & Shevy

Madrid - Raul & De Lima, Benzema & CR

Liverpool - Owen & Heskey, Gerard & Torres, Salah & Mane

Man City - Aguero & Dzeko

Juventus - Trezeguet & Del Piero, Higuain & Dybala

Inter - Ronaldo de Lima & Zamorano, Adriano & Zlatan, Milito & Eto'o

Arsenal - Henry & Bergkamp, Henry & Pires

PSG - Zlatan & Cavani, Neymbappe

Man utd - Yorke & Cole, Rooney & Nistelrooy, Rooney & Ronaldo, Rooney & RVP

B.Munich - Ribery & Robben, Robbendowski, Mullendowski

Chelsea - Zola & Hasselbaink, Drogba & Anelka, Duff & Robben, Diego Costa & Hazard

Barca's last partnership was Ronadinho & Eto'o, they are famously known for trios, Messi, Henry, Eto and MSN, before degenerating into Messi and nobodies grin

My best partnership was Henry and Pires, best trio remains MSN.

Bro, you forgot Rooney and Tevez,

1 Like

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by seagulsntrawler: 9:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
Best strike force partnership ever:

Ronaldo da lima and Romario (devastating dual trikeforce that was shorlived but was a reveleation at copa 97)
Ruud Gulit and Marco Van Basten (AC Milan and Holland)
Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke (Manchester United)
Romario and Hristo Stoitchkov (Barcelona)
Hazard, Oscar, and Mata (Mazaca) (Chelsea F.C)... Not a Chelsea fan, mind you.

1 Like

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Corea4king(m): 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2022
NwaNimo1:
These two clowns.....

[img]https://c./gCsV_YRqkNsAAAAC/heiitse-cfc.gif[/img]

[img]https://c./5PLYBdsoBzkAAAAC/laurel-and-hardy-stan-laurel.gif[/img]

Guy,how u dey do all these things?

2 Likes

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Vinnie2000(m): 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
Corea4king:

Guy,how u dey do all these things?

Lols, e dey surprise you too, abi?

The guy nah craze o! cheesy
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by JohnnA1: 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
seagulsntrawler:
Best strike force partnership ever:

Ronaldo da lima and Romario (devastating dual strikeforce that was shorlived but was a reveleation at copa 97)

Was looking out for this comment. Best double striker duo, PERIOD!
Was even devastating and effective than the Ronaldo - Rivaldo partnership, though it was short lived.
Never seen a strike duo as dynamic as they.

1 Like

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by JustPowerApps(m): 11:01pm On Feb 26, 2022
Buhari and Lie Mohammed cool

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by kernniejay(m): 11:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
Mutiu Adepoju & Rashidi Yekini
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by smartoliver(m): 12:44am On Feb 27, 2022
The best of duos usually consist a midfield and a striker thus :

Lampard and Drogba

Son and Harry kane

Gerrard and Torres

Henry and Begkamp

1 Like

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by nairamaniac: 12:59am On Feb 27, 2022
The. Best ever was Romario and bebeto. Nothing has ever beaten that.
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by ThierryJay: 1:51am On Feb 27, 2022
astOorR:

Bro, you forgot Rooney and Tevez,

Yeah, Roovez. Not that I forgot, but just thought they weren't as fearsome as the other combinations I listed for Man Utd. Note that I was picking only the best partnerships
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by josephobaro(m): 2:51am On Feb 27, 2022
Vinnie2000:
In football, There are some Strikers who excel very well with a Partner! They create a formidable strike force!
If one does not score, he makes the other to score.
A good example is Vincent Aboubakar and Karl Toko Ekambi in the AFCON 2022!

It reminded me of Double strike Forces of yesteryears!

No be today you start dey watch ball

*Samuel Eto'o and Patrick Mboma.
*Micheal Owen and Emile Heskey
*Ronaldo de lima and Rivaldo
*Thierry Henry and Robert Pires.
*Wayne Rooney and R.V.Nistelrooy
*Harry Kane and Son. H.M.
*Ibrahimovic and Henrik Larsson.
*Miroslav klose and Muller.

Mine is: Thierry Henry and Robert Pires! In 2002,03,04, The two French men were something else. Fast, skilful and Clinical.

SO WHAT'S URS?

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Vinnie2000(m): 4:05am On Feb 27, 2022
smartoliver:
The best of duos usually consist a midfield and a striker thus :

Lampard and Drogba

Son and Harry kane

Gerrard and Torres

Henry and Begkamp

But Son and Bergkamp are not midfielders!
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Caseless: 4:23am On Feb 27, 2022
Vinnie2000:
In football, There are some Strikers who excel very well with a Partner! They create a formidable strike force!
If one does not score, he makes the other to score.
A good example is Vincent Aboubakar and Karl Toko Ekambi in the AFCON 2022!

It reminded me of Double strike Forces of yesteryears!

*Samuel Eto'o and Patrick Mboma.
*Micheal Owen and Emile Heskey
*Ronaldo de lima and Rivaldo
*Thierry Henry and Robert Pires.
*Wayne Rooney and R.V.Nistelrooy
*Harry Kane and Son. H.M.
*Ibrahimovic and Henrik Larsson.
*Miroslav klose and Muller.

Mine is: Thierry Henry and Robert Pires! In 2002,03,04, The two French men were something else. Fast, skilful and Clinical.

SO WHAT'S URS?

You forgot Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke, Raul and Morienties/ Ronaldo De Lima?
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 27, 2022
Kane-Son
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by yomi531(m): 7:31am On Feb 27, 2022
Rooney & Ronaldo
Yorke & Cole
Henry & Bergkamp
Aguero & Balotelli
Mane & Sarah
Ronaldo & Benzema
Vanistelrooy and Scholes
Bebeto & Romario
Shevchenko and Inzaghi.
Ronaldo and Rivaldo
Zamorano & Silas
Owen & Heskey
The list plenty abeg
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Godmademan(m): 7:38am On Feb 27, 2022
ThierryJay:
I think I'd name the best strike partnerships for the best teams of the last 30 years.

Chelsea - Zola & Hasselbaink, Drogba & Anelka, Duff & Robben, Diego Costa & Hazard

Barca's last partnership was Ronadinho & Eto'o, they are famously known for trios, Messi, Henry, Eto and MSN, before degenerating into Messi and nobodies grin

The trio of Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge was very exciting to watch. Other clubs liked watching the play that season
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Godmademan(m): 7:39am On Feb 27, 2022
I'm a Liverpool fan but I give it to the Drogba/Anelka parnership
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Moneymagnet24(m): 8:15am On Feb 27, 2022
Messi and Suarez
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by VintageConcepts: 8:52am On Feb 27, 2022
Etoo & Messi

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by wolfenstein(m): 9:45am On Feb 27, 2022
Dwight Yoke and Andy Cole

Son And Harry Kane

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Bilabong(m): 11:51am On Feb 27, 2022
NwaNimo1:
These two clowns.....

[img]https://c./gCsV_YRqkNsAAAAC/heiitse-cfc.gif[/img]

[img]https://c./5PLYBdsoBzkAAAAC/laurel-and-hardy-stan-laurel.gif[/img]

U hate Chelsea so much or should I say u are obsessed. Too many clubs in the world but u only seem to come after Chelsea. U even have gif for everything about them.
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by bewla(m): 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
ThierryJay:

Suarez and storage
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by KingDamzzy(m): 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
Edin Dzeko and Grafite for VFL Wolfsburg in the 2008/2009 German Bundesliga season. Funny enough Felix Magath signed both of them for a combined 10m euros.

They both fired Wolfsburg to win the title that season. Dzeko scored 36 goals while Grafite scored 28 goals.

Misimovic was immense behind them too. Scoring 7 goals and giving 20 assists.

Dzeko and Grafite were really the last real Bundesliga double strike force.

1 Like

Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by seagulsntrawler: 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2022
JohnnA1:
Was looking out for this comment. Best double striker duo, PERIOD!
Was even devastating and effective than the Ronaldo - Rivaldo partnership, though it was short lived.
Never seen a strike duo as dynamic as they.
Very devastating strike pair that was scoring for fun at the Copa America. Unfortunately, injury to Romario ruined that partnership. Rivaldo/Romario pales into insignificance when you see what these two guys did!
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by naijabetlee(m): 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2022
That Son and Kane combo hit different
Re: Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force. by Nemesis08(m): 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
Obafemi Martins and Andriano in Inter Milan at a point they were the fastest combo in the world of soccer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) Won Medal At Abuja International Marathon Race (Pic) / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / Messi: Ronaldo Motivates Me To Be Better; I Have A Whatsapp Group With Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.