Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation (459 Views)

Ukrainians Angry As Putin Offers Evacuation Routes Lead To Russia And Belarus / Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws / US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by AlexBells(m): 9:49am On Feb 26, 2022
Note: I'm only looking at the sweet, kindest and bravest aspect of this war, even knowing that Ukraine will win this war, I'm not in anyway endorsing them this is a war between brothers and sisters.

However I admire the courage of Ukrainian President especially when asked to be evacuated, he simply said he needs "Ammunition not a Ride" reminds me of World War 2 when Germany asked the allied forces to surrender and the allied forces replied with "NUT".

I don't have strength for arguments but it is evidence that Russia if at all have anything to win here it is the war not the battle, as Russia fights, scavengers like China is eating its carcasses while Big guys like US is replenishing Ukraine with more suply deepening the reliance on the West.

Russia is very stupid under Putin, why invade a former USSR member if your plan is to revive USSR, have North Korea invaded South Korea lately?, Kim Jun of North Korea may be mad but there's method to it, most people asking why would Ukraine wish to Join NATO had not looked at the fact that in 2014 Russia annexed Crimea without provocation while Ukraine was neutral, Russia is supposed to protect Ukraine under the Nuclear umbrella that made Ukraine give up their Nuclear weapons, don't blame the West blame Russia for much aggression on a loyal neighbour.

Anyone who loves Russia should be able to tell them that they can't win this war in the sense they think, most Ukrainians will even rebuke Russia the more seeing the aggression and brutality in the last few days, there's no love for Ukrainian from mother Russia, no real Ukrainian wants to be under Russian Rule.

Russia is losing Big time, Ukraine was never the enemy, My heart goes out to all the former USSR country this is a terrible time in the region, Russia must remember one thing, they are not more USSR than Ukraine, the fact that Ukraine chose a different kind of government does not change the true nature of the people, Russia should swallow their pride and head home this war is Russia vs Russia (USSR in self Destruct Mode) both the West and the East is happy with that.

Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:56am On Feb 26, 2022
He is a king..
He rather stand by his people than run ..that's a real leader up there not the bloody dictator who think who think it's ok to bully others..

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by Kubernetes: 9:56am On Feb 26, 2022
I am of only laughing and mad at the so called G7 .
They have neglected an invaded country,but it's obviously because they know they can't attack Russia.
Now I know,UN,US,NATO,UK etc are cowards.
If it was Iran,Iraq or some middle East that was attacking Israel,the whole world armoury would have been on the way to save Israel.
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by donbachi(m): 10:00am On Feb 26, 2022
"I need ammunition,not a ride"

Word on marble.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by AlexBells(m): 10:04am On Feb 26, 2022
Kubernetes:
I am of only laughing and mad at the so called G7 .
They have neglected an invaded country,but it's obviously because they know they can't attack Russia.
Now I know,UN,US,NATO,UK etc are cowards.
If it was Iran,Iraq or some middle East that was attacking Israel,the whole world armoury would have been on the way to save Israel.
You guys are just too emotional to understand war and that's why I'm always upset when you all keep making the war rhetoric around here in Nigeria, two sovereign states are snuggling it out and you expect NATO, us, uk, European union and co to just fight by Ukraine as if Russia was a bastard child in the international community,

Until this moment Ukraine was a neutral country so what she gets is neutrality, you don't just seek to join Nato when the threats of war is real, the strength of every country is in Its people and American soldiers are peoples children, husband wives and all of that, you don't just draft them to a warzone with no concrete pact that that the other party would do same for you.

Ukraine would fight Russia and Russia would lose big while Ukraine win more at the end Russia would even be poorer without fighting NATO or the west, war is not for the shallow minded

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by Kubernetes: 10:56am On Feb 26, 2022
AlexBells:

You guys are just too emotional to understand war and that's why I'm always upset when you all keep making the war rhetoric around here in Nigeria, two sovereign states are snuggling it out and you expect NATO, us, uk, European union and co to just fight by Ukraine as if Russia was a bastard child in the international community,

Until this moment Ukraine was a neutral country so what she gets is neutrality, you don't just seek to join Nato when the threats of war is real, the strength of every country is in Its people and American soldiers are peoples children, husband wives and all of that, you don't just draft them to a warzone with no concrete pact that that the other party would do same for you.

Ukraine would fight Russia and Russia would lose big while Ukraine win more at the end Russia would even be poorer without fighting NATO or the west, war is not for the shallow minded

It's not the issue of being emotional but let's put the facts on the ground.
Russia and Ukraine were aren't strangers as they were once part of the Soviet Union, or, to put it another way, they were once part of Russia while it was still the USSR.

Ukraine isnt neutral as they had always wanted to join NATO membership and this gives the United States an advantage over Russia.
Russian President Vladimir Putin, on the other hand, has consistently declared that Russians and Ukrainians are "one people," which Ukrainians deny.
The issue still remains that America and NATO knows the implications of fighting Russia now.As such they are being careful
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by AlexBells(m): 11:16am On Feb 26, 2022
Kubernetes:

It's not the issue of being emotional but let's put the facts on the ground.
Russia and Ukraine were aren't strangers as they were once part of the Soviet Union, or, to put it another way, they were once part of Russia while it was still the USSR.

Ukraine isnt neutral as they had always wanted to join NATO membership and this gives the United States an advantage over Russia.
Russian President Vladimir Putin, on the other hand, has consistently declared that Russians and Ukrainians are "one people," which Ukrainians deny.
The issue still remains that America and NATO knows the implications of fighting Russia now.As such they are being careful

The Russian threats is ever there, Go and check the geography of Ukraine and see how strategic Crimea is, and anyone who annex Crimea have invasion in mind, annexation of Crimea was a declaration of war, Ukraine did the right thing, they may fight alone and die but could win a honourable loss and if you think Ukraine is alone, lol you don't get the gist, Russia can't fight war and prosper economy and otherwise while under heavy sanctions
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by Princewill1(m): 11:18am On Feb 26, 2022
This man is the most dumbest president in Europe today if not in the world. How did Ukrainians ended up with this clown?

Ukraine are among top 5 most poorest countries in Europe in the same league with Belarus and Romania. The Ukrainian govt's top program should have been how to improve on their economic woes.

Involving in a complicated and fragile issue such as NATO/Russia conflict should have been the last thing on their minds.

Imagine the wanton infrastructural damage to a supposedly poor country after the war.

Imagine the possible high crime rate that will come up after the war as a result of thousands of assault rifles in civilian hands while your puppet masters wouldn't loss sleep in Washington.

How DUMB can a president be?

He is not just only a comedian on the t.v screen, he is a joke in real life.
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by AlexBells(m): 11:24am On Feb 26, 2022
Princewill1:
This man is the most dumbest president in Europe today if not in the world. How did Ukrainians ended up with this clown?

Ukraine are among top 5 most poorest countries in Europe in the same league with Belarus and Romania. The Ukrainian govt's top program should have been how to improve on their economic woes.

Involving in a complicated and fragile issue such as NATO/Russia conflict should have been the last thing on their minds.

Imagine the wanton infrastructural damage to a supposedly poor country after the war.

Imagine the possible high crime rate that will come up after the war as a result of thousands of assault rifles in civilian hands while your puppet masters wouldn't loss sleep in Washington.

Ukraine's poverty is tied to Russia, if Ukraine integrates with the rest of Europe they would be better, one thing with associating with US and the west is that success can always fall on you, he made a right decision it about freedom and total sovereignty for ukraine

1 Like

Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by Kubernetes: 11:29am On Feb 26, 2022
AlexBells:

The Russian threats is ever there, Go and check the geography of Ukraine and see how strategic Crimea is, and anyone who annex Crimea have invasion in mind, annexation of Crimea was a declaration of war, Ukraine did the right thing, they may fight alone and die but could win a honourable loss and if you think Ukraine is alone, lol you don't get the gist, Russia can't fight war and prosper economy and otherwise while under heavy sanctions

Yes that's right.
But why is Russia occupying Ukraine?And if they succeed,China may likely do same in Taiwan.
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by Princewill1(m): 11:59am On Feb 26, 2022
AlexBells:

Ukraine's poverty is tied to Russia, if Ukraine integrates with the rest of Europe they would be better, one thing with associating with US and the west is that success can always fall on you, he made a right decision it about freedom and total sovereignty for ukraine
Pls don't make unfounded statement, you need hard work and common sense to attain economic success. China is a current and living example... they're achieving excellent economic growth without any Western alliance.

It simplistic to tell me that Ukraine will attain success only if they align with the west.

Why is Ukraine joining EU (economic alliance) not at the forefront or not the burning issue but Ukraine wanting to joining NATO (military alliance)?

The answer to the above question confirms my earlier point that Zelensky is dumbest president in Europe today.

Their economic woes will even worsen after the war.
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by AOB1: 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2022
To all those idiots supporting Putin don't worry just wait till bandit or any form of terrorist invade your village then you will know that war is not good, to all those guys supporting Putin because you hate USA and the west I pray you and all your family witness what is called war and I pray you never survive it because poor children and defenseless old ones are dying right now cry. Please don't cry foul when Nigeria Army or Police invade your home and kill your love ones just like what Putin is doing to the Ukrainians right now. I can't understand why you will decided to kill innocent children and old ones just because you hate their president and your selfish interest even if it's Boko Haram little children I can't even dare to hurt them because they were innocent but Putin thinking is different his soul and his supporters belongs to the devil.
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by AlexBells(m): 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2022
Princewill1:
Pls don't make unfounded statement, you need hard work and common sense to attain economic success. China is a current and living example... they're achieving excellent economic growth without any Western alliance.

It simplistic to tell me that Ukraine will attain success only if they align with the west.

Why is Ukraine joining EU (economic alliance) not at the forefront or not the burning issue but Ukraine wanting to joining NATO (military alliance)?

The answer to the above question confirms my earlier point that Zelensky is dumbest president in Europe today.

Their economic woes will even worsen after the war.
You really want to tell me that China made success without the west, lol, I don't blame you, you stated reading history 10 years ago, did occur to you that the world war 2 actually became a world war becuase of America then stand in favour of China against Japanese invasion, did it occur to you that china was loyal to the west and still does as it enjoys some level of stability
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by AlexBells(m): 12:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kubernetes:

Yes that's right.
But why is Russia occupying Ukraine?And if they succeed,China may likely do same in Taiwan.
China can't do same becuase Taiwan and hongkong are not sovereign states, but provinces of China, Taiwan was supposed to be the one who invades china becuase Taiwan has the rulership dynasty, Taiwan is an economic war and China had better things to do than literally invade Taiwan,

China has preference for economic wars, Hongkong and Taiwan are not sovereign and can't be in NATO besides China cares more about economy than warfare, US is miles apart from china military wise but china has a relative economic power, if china is fighting it going to be economic and fighting Taiwan in conventional way is stupid, Taiwan don't even belong to any league of nations organisation, mainlanders may not even accept an invasion of Taiwan, why just because of her chips so what it is business no one ever shot anyone with a chip and if China invaded Taiwan would the stopp America from South Korea and Japan?

1 Like

Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by CandidSeeker(m): 1:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
Princewill1:

Zelensky and his citizens don't deserve to be called DUMB sir...

They have the right stop being slaves to Russia.

Just as we have the right to stop being slaves to our own politicians.
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by mysticwarrior(m): 1:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
He is a king..
He rather stand by his people than run ..that's a real leader up there not the bloody dictator who think who think it's ok to bully others..

I Oleksiy Reznikov the Ukrainian minister of defense has been really impressed by the way you have showed love and support for Ukraine since the invasion began.

I have been granted the request to make you the leader of all foreign fighters battalions in Ukraine fighting against Russian incursion.

You are to report to the frontline in Kiev where the fighting is very fierce, and you are to lead all foreign mercenaries against five Russian battalions. Please note that the Russians are armed with hundreds of multiple rocket launchers.

And I also wish to inform you that you will be paid $50,000 a week as you demonstrate your love and services to Ukraine, may God bless you as we anticipate your arrival.
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
mysticwarrior:

I Oleksiy Reznikov the Ukrainian minister of defense has been really impressed by the way you have showed love and support for Ukraine since the invasion began.

I have been granted the request to make you the leader of all foreign fighters battalions in Ukraine fighting against Russian incursion.

You are to report to the frontline in Kiev where the fighting is very fierce, and you are to lead all foreign mercenaries against five Russian battalions. Please note that the Russians are armed with hundreds of multiple rocket launchers.

And I also wish to inform you that you will be paid $50,000 a week as you demonstrate your love and services to Ukraine, may God bless you as we anticipate your arrival.
Next level joke..
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by Princewill1(m): 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
AlexBells:

You really want to tell me that China made success without the west, lol, I don't blame you, you stated reading history 10 years ago, did occur to you that the world war 2 actually became a world war becuase of America then stand in favour of China against Japanese invasion, did it occur to you that china was loyal to the west and still does as it enjoys some level of stability
Do you started reading "history" (as you called it) 500 yrs ago?

It's funny how people will not make a sound point in an argument but would rather attack personality. This is a faceless forum, you don't even know if I'm your father's age mate.

Now see who has followed international politics for 500 yrs saying China is loyal to the West.

Communist China has not been an ally of the West since the cold war era. China is even a bigger threat to the Western World than Russia.

The relationship China maintains with the West is purely "trade relation" of which Russia also have trade relation with Europe and America. Having bilateral trade relation with any country doesn't mean you're an ally with them.

Chinese economic boom and heavy defense spending in the last couple of years is big concern to the West.

Economic power begets military power. Russia don't even have the economic straight to face the West in this era but China does. Chinese economy is predicted to surpass US as the largest economy in the world in just fews years.

So China you're saying that they are loyal to the West poses more danger to the West than Russia.
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by AlexBells(m): 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2022
Princewill1:
Do you started reading "history" (as you called it) 500 yrs ago?

It's funny how people will not make a sound point in an argument but would rather attack personality. This is a faceless forum, you don't even know if I'm your father's age mate.

Now see who has followed international politics for 500 yrs saying China is loyal to the West.

Communist China has not been an ally of the West since the cold war era. China is even a bigger threat to the Western World than Russia.

The relationship China maintains with the West is purely "trade relation" of which Russia also have trade relation with Europe and America. Having bilateral trade relation with any country doesn't mean you're an ally with them.

Chinese economic boom and heavy defense spending in the last couple of years is big concern to the West.

Economic power begets military power. Russia don't even have the economic straight to face the West in this era but China does. Chinese economy is predicted to surpass US as the largest economy in the world in just fews years.

So China you're saying that they are loyal to the West poses more danger to the West than Russia.
I don't mean that you started reading history 10 years ago, I'm saying that you are reading the history of 10 years ago, in broader sense I'm saying you are reading resent history.

China respect herself and that's the bulk of sovereignty and China had never intended nor executed an open confrontation, China's military is also in similar rank with India, with just 300+ warheads, China is not a threat to the United states military wise.

Everyone knows what China wants to dominate the world with substandard products, if China built a nuke and point it at America, I won't be surprised if the missile go halve way, turn back and crash in China.

No one really take China serios in military perspective aside her own citizen shielded from the rest of the world, okay just yesterday, China was impacted by the west not to veto in favour of Russia, they stood out.

What war had modern China ever fought, China of yesterday recovering from years of trauma, have you forgotten that just 100 years ago, Hongkong was leased to Britain, does a strong country do stuff like that

China don't have any boundary eith us, still china is in Asia while us is America, does China make Military Military expansionism, not really if Russia was China they could have built military base in Nigeria but you don't see china go the part of confrontation, such war you would see with china is economic like The 5G saga, the apple saga etc. Baidu and google.

China is struggling to feed her population and attacking China is a humanitarian concern the world is pampering china to the hurt of US and the rest look how world health treated China with kids glove during coronavirus.

China can't even battle Japan in real sense, all it will take is approval for Japan to have nuke and you would see china beaten from her background
Re: Ukrainians Keeps Melting My Heart As The President Rejects Evacuation by wifeesnatcher(m): 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
Biden think na everyone go be like Ojukwu, now this is a leader

(1) (Reply)

Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia / Ukr/rus|big Arrow War: How 200k Rus Forces Defeated 600k Ukr / British TV Censored Zelensky Nazi Pic – Russian Diplomat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.