Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia (463 Views)

Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' / Zelensky Says Millions Of People Could Die If World Does Not 'close The Sky' / Russia-ukraine Crisis: Putin Ready To Negotiate Directly With Ukraine's Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by ademobi: 11:42am On Mar 13, 2022
The Ukrainian president hopes that peace talks will reap practical results

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has expressed his readiness for negotiations with Russia. He requested that the Israeli prime minister convene peace talks in Jerusalem.

“A group of Ukrainians and Russian representatives are discussing certain issues. They began talking about something, and not just throwing out ultimatums,” Zelensky said on Saturday, during a press conference with foreign media.

Kiev is of the view that any high-profile talks with Russia should be held on neutral territory, Zelensky said, naming Israel as a potential host for such negotiations.

“We spoke with [Israeli Prime Minister Naftali] Bennett, and I said that today it is not right [to hold] meetings in Russia, in Belarus. I’m not talking about technical meetings – I’m talking about leaders’ meetings. Do I think that Israel can be such a land, and Jerusalem? Yes, I think so. And I told him that,” Zelensky stated.

However, the president said, if the outcome was to be successful, his country would need certain “security guarantees” that the ongoing conflict was settled not only from the perspective of Russia, but also from that of the West. Israel could act as a guarantor in that respect, he suggested.

So far, Russian and Ukrainian delegations have met three times in Belarus to discuss the ongoing conflict. Apart from reaching some understanding on establishing humanitarian corridors to evacuate civilians from the combat zones, the two sides have failed to achieve any tangible results.

A more high-profile meeting took place in the Turkish resort city of Antalya on Thursday, when Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov held talks with his Ukrainian counterpart, Dmytro Kuleba. These discussions also proved inconclusive, with Kuleba describing them as “difficult”, and Lavrov claiming the Ukrainian officials “always want to substitute the real work of implementing agreements with inventing new formats.”

https://www.rt.com/russia/551767-zelensky-ready-to-negotiate/
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by Totilopussylick(m): 11:43am On Mar 13, 2022
F
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by Sadr: 11:50am On Mar 13, 2022
Zelensky must pay for his stupidity both in Ukraine and for attempting to cause third world war.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by baralatie(m): 11:53am On Mar 13, 2022
Zelensky is not serious
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by baralatie(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2022
So after Russia has taken the three regions

And knocked out lyiv and Nato training base.

He is now wanting to use Isreali president to do what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by baralatie(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2022
Okay let me just even see how this negotiation want to take place with a Russian attack envoy 15minutes from kyiv
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by samuelgodson(m): 11:57am On Mar 13, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by Golan007: 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
baralatie:
So after Russia has taken the three regions

And knocked out lyiv and Nato training base.

He is now wanting to use Isreali president to do what exactly?

What is Ukraine's crime?
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by baralatie(m): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
Golan007:

What is Ukraine's crime?
A 2014 coup plus an 8 years of civil war and Nato were too enticing!
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by OkCornel(m): 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
An end to this war is all we need.
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by baralatie(m): 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2022
OkCornel:
An end to this war is all we need.
That is what we pray for

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by tonididdy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2022
For the 100th time.
He should keep delaying the needful because he's blinded by the promises of the West.

Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by samista: 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
This zelensky is really a fool. Why not negotiate before the war started? Why wait until thousands of your citizens have perished and millions more in exile? And your cities are in ruins? It's too late sef, I don't think Putin will even be willing to negotiate anything with him now except total surrender.
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
Putin should have been more brutal and ruthless in dealing with this clown. He has brought so much destruction upon Ukraine, he’s now looking for a soft landing.
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by Officialgarri: 1:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
Russia vs Ukraine should be on Bet9ja with 1:67 odds respectively.

Regardless of the social media propaganda, I'll place my bet on Russia.

Putin must not back out until Zelensky is captured and given the Gadaffi treatment

What is good for the goose isn't bad for the gander.
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by joyandfaith: 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
baralatie:

A 2014 coup plus an 8 years of civil war and Nato were too enticing!
How does that concern Russia?
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by ken6488(m): 1:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
joyandfaith:

Do you think Russia doesn't value it national security

Everything that happens in its surrounding countries matters
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by joyandfaith: 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2022
ken6488:
Do you think Russia doesn't value it national security

Everything that happens in its surrounding countries matters

Is that reason all Russia neighbours are running away from her? Neighbouring nations know Russia as an unfriendly nation. If all your neighbours don't like you, you are the problem.
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by ken6488(m): 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
joyandfaith:

Is that reason all Russia neighbours are running away from her? Neighbouring nations know Russia as an unfriendly nation. If all your neighbours don't like you, you are the problem.
Trash which all the neighbors

Kazistan
Mongolian
Belerus
China

Are all his neighbors leaving peacefully

Only those that has bad intentions are afraid of Russia

If I was Putin I would done worse

History has shown how unfriendly neighbors un checked can result to

Russia has had a bitter history with them always wanting to invade.

Poland, France, Germany all had tried, so Russia don't take chance any more

Nazi Germany killed 25m Russia in world war 2 and you expect Russia to be happy with Nazi in his borders

It is Time you learn in international politics country security concerns comes first

USA will act the same if she is in Russia position
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by joyandfaith: 2:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
ken6488:
Trash which all the neighbors

Kazistan
Mongolian
Belerus
China

Are all his neighbors leaving peacefully

Only those that has bad intentions are afraid of Russia

If I was Putin I would done worse

History has shown how unfriendly neighbors un checked can result to

Russia has had a bitter history with them always wanting to invade.

Poland, France, Germany all had tried, so Russia don't take chance any more

Nazi Germany killed 25m Russia soviets including Ukrainian, georgians in world war 2 and you expect Russia to be happy with Nazi in his borders

It is Time you learn in international politics country security concerns comes first

USA will act the same if she is in Russia position

Boundary dispute with China is still there.
Belarus is a puppet state being controlled a dictator appointed by putin.
Mongol and Russia are not in good term even historically.
Kazakhstan and Russia still have frosty relationship.
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by Puremaker8: 2:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
joyandfaith:

because Russian as a tribe are the in Ukraine
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by joyandfaith: 2:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
Puremaker8:
because Russian as a tribe are the in Ukraine
Read about Russification of ukraine even before USSR era. It is just like saying berom are hausa because they speak hausa language.
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by baralatie(m): 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
joyandfaith:

Is this question that Russia is answering now in Ukraine!
It concerns Russia
When the west interfered in ukraine
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by joyandfaith: 3:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
baralatie:

Is this question that Russia is answering now in Ukraine!
It concerns Russia
When the west interfered in ukraine
West did not interfere. Ukraine went to meet west for help due to bully by Russia. Read about Russification of ukraine especially crimea and Eastern ukraine.
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by Svlla: 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
Same thing you said last week

ademobi:
The Ukrainian president hopes that peace talks will reap practical results

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has expressed his readiness for negotiations with Russia. He requested that the Israeli prime minister convene peace talks in Jerusalem.

“A group of Ukrainians and Russian representatives are discussing certain issues. They began talking about something, and not just throwing out ultimatums,” Zelensky said on Saturday, during a press conference with foreign media.

Kiev is of the view that any high-profile talks with Russia should be held on neutral territory, Zelensky said, naming Israel as a potential host for such negotiations.

“We spoke with [Israeli Prime Minister Naftali] Bennett, and I said that today it is not right [to hold] meetings in Russia, in Belarus. I’m not talking about technical meetings – I’m talking about leaders’ meetings. Do I think that Israel can be such a land, and Jerusalem? Yes, I think so. And I told him that,” Zelensky stated.

However, the president said, if the outcome was to be successful, his country would need certain “security guarantees” that the ongoing conflict was settled not only from the perspective of Russia, but also from that of the West. Israel could act as a guarantor in that respect, he suggested.

So far, Russian and Ukrainian delegations have met three times in Belarus to discuss the ongoing conflict. Apart from reaching some understanding on establishing humanitarian corridors to evacuate civilians from the combat zones, the two sides have failed to achieve any tangible results.

A more high-profile meeting took place in the Turkish resort city of Antalya on Thursday, when Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov held talks with his Ukrainian counterpart, Dmytro Kuleba. These discussions also proved inconclusive, with Kuleba describing them as “difficult”, and Lavrov claiming the Ukrainian officials “always want to substitute the real work of implementing agreements with inventing new formats.”

https://www.rt.com/russia/551767-zelensky-ready-to-negotiate/
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by baralatie(m): 4:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
joyandfaith:

West did not interfere. Ukraine went to meet west for help due to bully by Russia. Read about Russification of ukraine especially crimea and Eastern ukraine.
No you are wrong!
Ukraine never problem with Russia until Zinchenko did a grave miscalculation.that miscalculation is what has culminated to what we have now.
Ukraine economy ran into very bad waters and Zinchenko who is now battling with govt control wrote to the west for bailout funds(guess the conditions that was given to him...since Ukraine was neither in the E.U nor a NATO member).Zinchenko did not pursue the matter further but he lost the election and in 2010 yanokovych was duly elected as Ukraine president.Yanukovych went to Russia and Russia instantly promised him with funds without conditions to save Ukraine and yanokovych ditched the west.
Guess the next thing that happened in 2014 the west sponsored a coup to remove yanokovych as President.Yanukovych ran to Moscow on exile.
Russia complained that the west had interfered in Ukraine and was going against its own dictates and as a result.Ukraine never experienced peace as long as the west was influencing Ukraine
The rest is history that has culminated into today's war

This war war 8 to 12years in the making.people in authority kicking it down the road until it got to zelensky.zelensky just exploded it and boom

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by joyandfaith: 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2022
baralatie:

No you are wrong!
Ukraine never problem with Russia until Zinchenko did a grave miscalculation.that miscalculation is what has culminated to what we have now.
Ukraine economy ran into very bad waters and Zinchenko who is now battling with govt control wrote to the west for bailout funds(guess the conditions that was given to him...since Ukraine was neither in the E.U nor a NATO member).Zinchenko did not pursue the matter further but he lost the election and in 2010 yanokovych was duly elected as Ukraine president.Yanukovych went to Russia and Russia instantly promised him with funds without conditions to save Ukraine and yanokovych ditched the west.
Guess the next thing that happened in 2014 the west sponsored a coup to remove yanokovych as President.Yanukovych ran to Moscow on exile.
Russia complained that the west had interfered in Ukraine and was going against its own dictates and as a result.Ukraine never experienced peace as long as the west was influencing Ukraine
The rest is history that has culminated into today's war

This war war 8 to 12years in the making.people in authority kicking it down the road until it got to zelensky.zelensky just exploded it and boom

Root of problem is Russification of Ukrainians which stated in 18th century and still on going. Ukraine wants to have their national identity but Russia sees Ukraine as their own. As a puppet state.
I don't see anything wrong if ukraine becomes a booming democratic state due to western influence.
Problem with putin is that he hates democratic leaders. Most of his allies are dictators or sit- tight leaders.
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by baralatie(m): 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2022
joyandfaith:

Root of problem is Russification of Ukrainians which stated in 18th century and still on going. Ukraine wants to have their national identity but Russia sees Ukraine as their own. As a puppet state.
I don't see anything wrong if ukraine becomes a booming democratic state due to western influence.
Problem with putin is that he hates democratic leaders. Most of his allies are dictators or sit- tight leaders.
No you are still wrong!
Putin does not have any problem with the democratic processes of Ukraine as long as it does not have western interference!
If Ukraine had in the past ten years grown to become like china economically do you think Putin will be against it.Hell No!
If Ukraine became the medical technology center of the world,do you think Putin will cause trouble or
If Ukraine became the center for science and technology you think Putin would be against them.infact the way Russia will be toasting Ukraine day and night none stop with anything and everything everything(Japan will be jealous).hey na wa o!Russia will be dashing Ukraine S 600 defence system,hypersonic platform,su latest jets,$200.billion free money,oil and gas

But what did Ukraine want at the back yard of Russia o
Ukraine out of hungry said they want to put Russian enemy equipment bfor Russia door mouth.

No be die be that
Re: Zelensky Says He Is Ready To Negotiate With Russia by talk2hb1(m): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
Wars Start With Politics,
Wars End With Politics.

(1) (Reply)

US To Steal Chinese $3.3 Trln Dollar Reserve thru Taiwan War / Zelensky Demands Answers From EU / 20 Trillion Zimbabwean Dollars Makes You 25th Richest Man In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.