Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel (42289 Views)

Ukrainian Air Force Destroys Russian Landing Ship In Occupied Crimea(photos) / Israeli Linked Cargo Ship Hit By Drone Off India's Coast / Yemen Houthi Rebels Takes Hostage Of Cargo Ship 'Galaxy Leader' In The Red Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Kenturkey048(m): 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
Originalsly:

What if he disrupts the Suez/Panama Canal? .... never underestimate what a well armed man will do when his back is against the wall.
The world already knows about this...People not reacting are pre calculating..They ain't cowards hommie.
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by NOwazobia: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2022
wink2015:
RUSSIA DO NOT BE SHAKEN BY SANCTIONS.

Just do what is primary in your national interest.

USA did what was in their national interest in Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Iran etc

So what is the sanction threat all about?

Even without sanction Russia were not that rich they are used to managing the little they have.

NATIONAL INTEREST IS NOT NEGOTIABLE.

IT IS THE SAME NATIONAL INTEREST THAT PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI IS USING TO DETAIN IPOB LEADER NNAMDI KANU.

Every nation has its own security interest clearly marked out in its overall national interest.

I know most people are carried by sentiment, emotions etc

They even forgot that Ukraine can even be making things up as part of their PROPAGANDA MACHINERY to win world sympathy and turn the tide towards themselves.

When south africa seized our money at the airport and refused to return it to Nigeria.

It was clearly the provision in their national interest.
The bolded is a perfect example of sentiment. Now rate yourself... Are you also typing with sentiment?

Overtime, I have come to understand that the homo sapien is a hypocritical animal (mostly ignorant of it), and the level of their intellectual capacity they claim to profess is a mere illusion... Mind you, I am also an homo sapien. grin
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by stanluiz(m): 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2022
Siezing a Russia cargo ship angry Do they think Russia is iran or North Korea that they can bully anyhow ? Macron no dey fear ?

France will pay for it in a very hard way. I trust president putin. He will retaliate. He knows their weak point.

Useless Western leaders!
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by lecturer22: 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2022
The Soviet Union is evil, the West is also evil. They went ahead and formed an alliance against the Soviet Union and helped in disbanding the union. Now, they're encircling the union and trying to sow bad seeds amongst the former members of the union. Now, Russia is seeing through it and going by the old adage that says "The best form of defence is attack." I definitely will never support the invasion of a country especially when the lives of the innocent citizens are at stake, but for those taking side with AMerica and the rest, please understand that America is also evil.
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by chucks4sure: 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

People who don't have access to Tv are just ranting.
You didn't hear NATO deployed additional 7000 soldiers and military hardwares to Estonia yesterday, and told him the very same thing he wanted to prevent is now happening?
Putin's invasion of Ukraine has made NATO reinforce around that eastern front, which was exactly what he wanted to stop.
Dialogue would have been the best thing because he can't face a 30-nation strong NATO which is also a nuclear power.

Be informed that Russia can nuke all Europe and wipe them out. That is why they are afraid to send their troops to fight Russia and defend Ukraine, they are scared. Putin said any country that interfere will see consequences they have not seen in their history.
Russia is fighting for their security. Ukraine a child of Russia wants to join the club of the enemies of their father Russia so that they will come and have their war base at the backyard of Russia. If it is America they can't accept it.

This is an opportunity to show the importance of non-alignment and neutrality to countries in world history. All nations must realize that they cannot go after powerful nations and secure their own. It is ridiculous to think that one side can unite and defeat the other because the nuclear powers have a very good assessment of each other's military capabilities. Ukraine would never have been in this predicament if it had pursued a policy of neutrality in the face of the influence of powerful countries. Sadly, it is innocent people who suffer because of politically stupid decisions.
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by NOwazobia: 2:54pm On Feb 26, 2022
ken6488:

You don't get it Russia can't be defeated

They will sink the earth
My 12 years old brother is more intelligent than this.

The natural fact that everything dies should tell you that no nations reins forever, not to mention the one who is not in top three economy of the world.
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Krismas(m): 2:56pm On Feb 26, 2022
juman:
President of france is considered more brilliant than this.
You cannot seize ship loaded cargo like this.
Its condemned.

If putin act back, the whole world economy would be shaking.
grin wot wud Putin do?
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by VEHINTOLAR: 2:56pm On Feb 26, 2022
NairaMaster1:

How? Maybe you're not aware that Russia is a developing country like Iran and north Korea that are only interested in Nuclear weapons.

Russia has nothing to use in sanctioning any nation if they do they would have done that to Ukraine.

Tell me that's a joke ?
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Krismas(m): 3:01pm On Feb 26, 2022
chucks4sure:

Be informed that Russia can nuke all Europe and wipe them out. That is why they are afraid to send their troops to fight Russia and defend Ukraine, they are scared. Putin said any country that interfere will see consequences they have not seen in their history.
Russia is fighting for their security. Ukraine a child of Russia wants to join the club of the enemies of their father Russia so that they will come and have their war base at the backyard of Russia. If it America They can't accept it.

This is an opportunity to show the importance of non-alignment and neutrality to countries in world history. All nations must realize that they cannot go after powerful nations and secure their own. It is ridiculous to think that one side can unite and defeat the other because the nuclear powers have a very good assessment of each other's military capabilities. Ukraine would never have been in this predicament if it had pursued a policy of neutrality in the face of the influence of powerful countries. Sadly, it is innocent people who suffer because of politically stupid decisions.

grin Keep in mind Russia can equally be destroyed by NATO nuclear attack. Putin is just a land grabber, very greedy about taking properties that don’t belong to him, that’s all. Forget story
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Asour: 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
Mossadd:
I'm sure all of them will collect their own sanction from putin when the war is over president putin know their weak point

Other than Russian Oil (which is important),
It's hard to pull think of anything Russia can 'do' to the EU. Prior to now EU/US companies hadn't really been able to operate in Russia effectively.
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by useni1: 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You are already crying why? cheesy
All I need from you is Russia complete success not this your tears and unnecessary tears like a kid on my mention..
For now slide off or keep crying here on my mention... grin
unbelievable. I just fought out I have been talking to a woman. Make I catch you first. I go give you belle. I will put you in family way. I go retire you to kitchen
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Cantonese: 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2022
Ifesinachi22:
Even China a known Russian ally in a veiled condemnation reiterated that the sovereignty and territorial integrity of countries should be respected and advised Putin to forget the Cold War mindset.

Nothing shows that NATO was intending to defend Ukraine. No prior statement from NATO forces against the Russian imminent invasion.
In my considered view, a full fledge war has just began btwn the Russian/allies Vs US- allies.

“ Nothing shows that NATO was intending to defend Ukraine. No prior statement from NATO forces against the Russian imminent invasion”. Maybe you did not follow events leading up to the invasion.

The Americans warned longed ago of the intention of Putin to invade Ukraine. Infact it was an open secret and a matter of time before Putin proceeded with his attack. His reasons were also not secret.
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2022
And when is Buhari going to sanction Putin and Russia?
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
useni1:
unbelievable. I just fought out I have been talking to a woman. Make I catch you first. I go give you belle. I will put you in family way. I go retire you to kitchen
What nonsense.. undecided
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by ken6488(m): 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2022
NOwazobia:
My 12 years old brother is more intelligent than this.

The natural fact that everything dies should tell you that no nations reins forever, not to mention the one who is not in top three economy of the world.
let me explain in lame terms

Don't be deceived by western propaganda

Russia is not iraq, Syria, or Somali that can be bullied

Russia has enough nukes to end our race

Don't be deceived

Google tsar bomb
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by djon78(m): 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2022
Esseite:
Dont push Putin too far to the wall, all of these sanctions he definitely had envisioned.. he would be seeking alternatives to the sanctions in neutral nations, mostly the middle east and enemies of my enemies. The moment he is able to breath, he becomes independent of your sanctions without fear of repercussions while going head on. Thereby, the world would have formed another Hitler this time with nations on common interest with it's own hands.

That's why the West has to be very careful. This thing might turn into something else. Something that humanity has ever taught of.
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by NOwazobia: 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2022
ken6488:
let me explain in lame terms

Don't be deceived by western propaganda

Russia is not iraq, Syria, or Somali that can be bullied

Russia has enough nukes to end our race

Don't be deceived

Google tsar bomb
and only Russian have nukes?

Also, If I am being deceived by Western propaganda, are you then being deceived by Eastern propaganda? How do you know your sentiment is the truth, and mine is false?
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Appleyard(m): 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Your Putin is crying..look what this boy is saying..how can a country that's already shattered and left on its own sanction others..
If you think Russia will ever get back on its feet then you are only deceiving yourself.. wink
Lmao. Was Russia down on its feet before? You don't know Russia at all.
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:23pm On Feb 26, 2022
Appleyard:
Lmao. Was Russia down on its feet before? You don't know Russia at all.
You don't..
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
chucks4sure:

Russia is fighting for their security. Ukraine a child of Russia wants to join the club of the enemies of their father Russia so that they will come and have their war base at the backyard of Russia. If it is America they can't accept it.

You really don't understand anything.
I think you're one those who don't do any research before running online to deposit their ignorance
Let me educate you. Ukraine is not a NATO member, and NATO has no obligations to defend it, neither did it promise it(ukraine) any military defence
Nato is obligated only to its members. Compare it a cult group. Ukraine is not yet a member.
Concerning your hyping of Putin using nuclear weapons, that's a stupid idea that's not feasible.
NATO is a 30-member strong nation, with 3.5million active forces, and combined millions of nuclear war heads, ballistic missiles, warplanes, etc.
How do you defeat these from a single country
So, if you were Putin, you would go and fire nuclear weapon into England or France, for instance?
Do you have any plan to destroy all the 30 countries at the same time?
Some of you don't do any research, you just jump to social media and start typing and posting.

2 Likes

Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by chucks4sure: 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
Krismas:
grin Keep in mind Russia can equally be destroyed by NATO nuclear attack. Putin is just a land grabber, very greedy about taking properties that don’t belong to him, that’s all. Forget story

You are ignorant of world affair. What of Israel that has occupied Golan height in Syria and west bank (supported by America and the West)
Is that not land grabbing?
In 1994 Russia signed accord, to guarantee the independence of Ukraine, there was no NATO expansion in the cards. It was promised after the collapse of the Soviet Union that NATO would not move one inch eastward towards the borders of Russia. Putin, including Boris Yeltsin, had repeatedly complained to the West about the NATO expansion to no avail.

Also, the claim by the West that entry of Ukraine in NATO cannot be rejected because NATO has an OPEN DOOR POLICY to any country that wants to join, is plainly a diversion to hide the real reason. The fact is that Putin himself had asked for Russia to be a member of NATO and EU and was turned down flatly.
The real purpose of NATO expansion was a new US strategy designed to isolate RUSSIA from all of the former Warsaw countries so that Russia would never rise again to challenge US hegemony. As you can that strategy is beginning to backfire. One more caveat to remember by everyone is that, among other important figures, George F Kennan, the chief architect of US foreign policy during the Cold War, had opposed very much in 1997 the NATO expansion venture because that would have derailed the new amicable relationship with Russia and lead to another, more dangerous arms race with Russia.

Putin did nothing to anger the US until 2007; he went rogue thereafter at home and abroad, largely due to NATO expansion. He made it very clear at a G20 meeting, saying, "the mistake we (Russia) made was to trust you too much; the mistake you (US) made was to take advantage of it." . After this, all we heard of was how bad or terrible Putin was.

The fact is that the media just sees one side of the coin. If this crisis over Ukraine gets worse, the US is chiefly to blame, but most will not believe it, because the root causes of today's crisis initiated many years ago reaching a boiling point.

This was a big blunder on the US side, in that it is causing Russia to join forces with their worst enemies, like China and Iran, not to mention other headaches like Syria and North Korea.

The US has passed 90% of its existence involved in wars and conflicts in different countries of the world.

This list doesn't include "undercover" operations of the CIA, financing of opposition groups, coups d'etat, that is, other forms of intervention and interference.

1945: Bombs the Japanese cities Hiroshima and Nagasaki

1961: Mercenary forces recruited, organized, financed and directed by the United States invade Cuba.

1965: Dominican Republic

1966: Guatemala

1980: Organizes a military intervention in the desert of Tabas (central Iran).

1981: The “contras” war begins to eliminate the Sandinista government in Nicaragua.

1986: Launches an air strike against Libya.

1989: Invades Panama to arrest whoever was his protégé, Manuel Noriega. The operation left no less than 3,000 civilian casualties.

1991: Attacks Iraq in what is called the Gulf War (Persian).

1998: Guided by incomplete or erroneous information, attack Sudan.

1999: The USA, at the head of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), bombs Yugoslavia and causes its disintegration.

2001: Invades Afghanistan.

2003: Invades Iraq.

2011: Attack Libya.

2011: Support terrorists and armed groups to try to overthrow the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Asad.

2018: Bombs Syria
After all these nobody sanctioned them.
America is the cause of war and conflicts in the world by trying at all cost to control the world affairs and by playing double standards.
America can not allow Russia to have her war base in Mexico or Canada if these countries were to allow Russia. So Ukraine, a child of Russia, has been persuaded by America and the West to be a member of NATO, but refused Russia's demand to be a member of NATO and EU.
The expansion of NATO if care is taken can cause WW3.
This is to educate some people to understand what is happening in the world and why Putin did what he did for Russia security.

2 Likes

Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Adjovi: 3:32pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kenturkey048:

How??
But please don't tell me what everybody is saying I beg you.

USA wanted to do the same thing to Cuba when Russia wanted to annex it as allies. USA threatened to attack Cuba of they allowed. Russia is doing same and USA is condemning them when they are both the same. USA backed by NATO have broken several international laws and nobody says nothing because it's America the avengers right.

1 Like

Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Adjovi: 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2022
NairaMaster1:

Russia is a developing nation ask any intellectual. World power doesn't mean development please.

Is north Korea a developed country? Answer in your mind.

Go and check it oga. Russia is a developed country. Stop arguing blindly
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Ayed44: 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2022
juman:
Its condemned.

This children just keep overrating Putin. Very ridiculous.
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by ken6488(m): 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2022
NOwazobia:
and only Russian have nukes?

Also, If I am being deceived by Western propaganda, are you then being deceived by Eastern propaganda? How do you know your sentiment is the truth, and mine is false?

now you are saying the same thing

Both nato and Russia have nukes

Reason they need to avoid each other, Ukraine joining NATO would have started a world war

Putin just stopped that

The west and Russia should keep off their lane
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by PIPPROF(m): 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2022
juman:
Its condemned.

The world is bigger than putin
Rest
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Cantonese: 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2022
chucks4sure:

“ Be informed that Russia can nuke all Europe and wipe them out. That is why they are afraid to send their troops to fight Russia and defend Ukraine, they are scared. Putin said any country that interfere will see consequences they have not seen in their history.
Russia is fighting for their security. Ukraine a child of Russia wants to join the club of the enemies of their father Russia so that they will come and have their war base at the backyard of Russia. If it is America they can't accept it”.

1. Russia cannot wipe out the whole of Europe because Russia is part of Europe. Common sense will tell you that Russia too will be wiped out. There are other super powers in Europe with nuclear capabilities. An attack against a NATO ally is an attack against all.

2. No one is afraid to send troops to defend Ukraine. Ukraine is neither part of EU or NATO. But financial, technical and military aid will be sent to Ukraine. An example is the US sending $650 million worth of aid presently. Your Putin acted to prevent Ukraine from joining NATO and making Russia seem vulnerable militarily. Your Putin is an omo oni ile, fighting to grab Ukrainian lands.

3. Putin said any country that interferes will face consequences. He is already facing severe consequences and potentially will destabilize his economy.

4. Ukraine child of Russia? How? Where did you get that from?

Please when you look at historical events, do not draw conclusions without insight. Your comment makes you look like you think this is a Chelsea vs Man U football match. Please read what others discuss to get better grasp of events. That will make you more informed and also allow you give others better information.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by Cloud007: 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2022
Erdogan of Turkey just banned passage of Moscow warships from accessing the black Sea.

A bit here...a bit there makes a whole significant impact...

Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by phenase(m): 3:41pm On Feb 26, 2022
cool FACT: American government started this war
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by NOwazobia: 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2022
ken6488:
now you are saying the same thing

Both nato and Russia have nukes

Reason they need to avoid each other, Ukraine joining NATO would have started a world war

Putin just stopped that

The west and Russia should keep off their lane

now, this was what I was expecting from you... Less sentiment, more neutral.

Cheers.
Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by frog12: 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2022
all of these europeans have gone MAD grin

juman:
Its condemned.

Re: French Navy Intercepts Russia-Bound Cargo Ship In English Channel by frog12: 3:51pm On Feb 26, 2022
na WOMEN go start am. na WOMEN dey cause all of these troubles since na dem dey in charge of many of these governments

jayworld15:

I don't think you know "what's sup." This war is going to be a full fledged one. Already, Russia is on its own and due to its furtherest location, the country is warring against a lost course.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boston Bombing Culprits Found (PHOTOS) - Photos Now Known As Inaccurate / Governor Eric Greitens Arrested After Circulating Nude Photos Of Lover / President Nana Akufo-Addo Sleeping At Russia-Africa Summit (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.