Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,720 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Early Results From Ogoja/yala By Election, Cross River State - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Early Results From Ogoja/yala By Election, Cross River State (7659 Views)

Early Results From INEC Resut Viewing Potal Show LP In Lead In Lagos And Kaduna / Osun 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (unofficial) / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (Unofficial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early Results From Ogoja/yala By Election, Cross River State by Reader530(m): 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2022
slivertongue:

It not magic. it's the largest ward which has expanded for obvious reasons. APC stood no chance. PDP was robbed last time & with the governor's indifference to crisis affecting the natives the die was already cast. Agah stood with his people during the killings thus the popularity. The election was about party not candidate. The governor acted right late in the day. He understood that non Hausas - fulani residents were against fielding another stranger for the APC as was for in d Jos North LG election thus his choice of a native so as to divide PDP which to an extent he achieved. Majority of APC votes are votes from natives & plateau indigenes while that of PRP is 98% hausa=fulani Muslims.
Pure truth....100% PRP votes are Muslims. Christians voted for APC/PDP too
Re: Early Results From Ogoja/yala By Election, Cross River State by Reader530(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2022
Indispensable85:

O boy......dis prp did too well o.
Yes....It is not about party but religion. Sheikh Yahaya Jingir asked all the Muslims to vote PRP while Christians split their votes in PDP/APC

2 Likes

Re: Early Results From Ogoja/yala By Election, Cross River State by fergie001: 2:38pm On Feb 27, 2022
Indispensable85:
Yeah.....
Still waiting to know your presidential candidate sha.....
You dey hide from goal like Man utd.
Hahaha.....because they are all aspirants.

When they take their Party's tickets, that is when we will know who is who. What's the point pushing for someone at the end his Party won't find him worthy.
Re: Early Results From Ogoja/yala By Election, Cross River State by Indispensable85(m): 2:43pm On Feb 27, 2022
fergie001:

Hahaha.....because they are all aspirants.

When they take their Party's tickets, that is when we will know who is who. What's the point pushing for someone at the end his Party won't find him worthy.

Ok ooo.......
I'm seeing Atiku vs Tinubu sha.....
Let's see if my prediction will happen.
Re: Early Results From Ogoja/yala By Election, Cross River State by Reader530(m): 2:44pm On Feb 27, 2022
Just now PDP has been declared winner.

Re: Early Results From Ogoja/yala By Election, Cross River State by fergie001: 3:21pm On Feb 27, 2022
Indispensable85:
Ok ooo.......
I'm seeing Atiku vs Tinubu sha.....
Let's see if my prediction will happen.
If the first Party settles for one, I know the other will push for the other. Money is not a problem for both.

1 Like

Re: Early Results From Ogoja/yala By Election, Cross River State by vicdom(m): 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
fergie001:

If the first Party settles for one, I know the other will push for the other. Money is not a problem for both.
Lol... APC must certainly conduct its primary before PDP. Whoever APC presents might not really matter in PDP because Atiku that I will still hijack the party ticket. Although it may not not go down well with most PDP governors, because they will revolt and their revolution might affect Atiku's outing at the main election. Those guys in PDP can never resolve around a particular candidate. All of them are power mongers.
Re: Early Results From Ogoja/yala By Election, Cross River State by slivertongue: 6:41pm On Feb 27, 2022
Indispensable85:

The APC leaders in the state failed on emotional intelligence. If you realize the hausa fulanis have that much number why not pander to them by giving the ticket to them? Candidates with the ability to win elections should be given priority in circumstances like that.

Jos Bassa is not as easy as many think. Winning the seat takes alot of networking across groups but the Hausa fulani group careless. They depend on INEC, Court & ethnic rivalry amongst the natives to win. It almost happened again. With a united front the Hausa fulani stand no chance. If the ticket had been given to them the natives that voted APC wud have voted PDP. And if the Hausa fulani had supported d APC candidate those who voted for him wud also voted PDP because the majority don't want a rubber stamp. In the next election the Hausa fulani may suffer a humiliating defeat for failing to support a native after enjoying same in the past. Even kwande wudnt have won this time around. Bassa People dey vex with d governor. His refusal to stand up for the people like Ortom will sure delete the party from the political space in the state

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal / N1.8bn: Recall Buratai For Investigation, PDP Tasks Buhari / Calaber Is Not South East Why Are Igbos Crying Over The Calaber Bombing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.