Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal (7648 Views)

Senate Presidency: PDP Senators-elect Reject Akpabio / Tinubu To Organised Labour: I’m One Of You In Fight For Good Governance / Lagos4lagos: PDP Needs 8 Years Of Planning & Hard Work To Win Lagos – Ogunlewe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Oluwolex2000(m): 11:11am On Apr 28, 2022
Foremost Presidential aspirant of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal has urged the party to aggregate its acts and move towards coming up with a presidential candidate that Nigerians will buy into and elect during the 2023 election.

And, according to him, he foots the bill of the modest list of what is required to lead the country.

Tambuwal made the appeal and submitted his capabilities Wednesday evening when he had an interactive meeting with a Forum of former Ministers of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under the platform of the PDP at Asokoro, Abuja.

“What is key for PDP is a candidate that we can all work to sale together and win this election, not where the person is coming from,” the Governor of Sokoto told the former leaders of the country.

Explaining that his quest for the topmost job in the country is driven by altruism, patriotism and unity of the nation, he said “it is nothing personal. It is all about our country.”

Burnishing his tripodal credentials that cut across the executive, legislature and judiciary, he emphasized that he has a fair understanding of the country, where, unfortunately, “things are now getting bad.”

To remedy the situation, he reiterated the need for the PDP to have a credible candidate like himself “who have done quite a lot in Sokoto, in view of the resources at the administration’s disposal,” enumerating some of these achievements as prompt payment of salary, pension and the overhauling of healthcare delivery, education and more.

“I have an understanding of the Nigerian system today and can be bridge that is all round,” he reassures, pointing out that Nigerians are now “in a ship without a captain and it is clearly sinking.”

He offered that the antidote to this is for the “collective and collectivity of all in the PDP and Nigerians who understand the gravity of what is going on” to come together and salvage the country. This, he opined “can be done only through “processes and conventions that will throw up a credible candidate.”

He said currently, President Muhammadu Buhari does not understand Nigeria because of his clear case of exclusion in the governance of the country, bad economy and insecurity, the latter of which leaves Governors with no option.

“As Governors, we are limited in what can be done. The security architecture is centralized within the purview of the Federal Government,” whereas citizens nocturnally scamper for safety to neighboring countries.

Addressing the issue of his alleged rift with former Presidents Goodluck Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari, Gov. Tambuwal said his differences with both were misconstrued as personal. “There was nothing personal,” he said, noting that he “had reasons to disagree” with Jonathan; and also “disagreed with PMB from 2018 because of the way he ran and is still running the country.”

“We must not fail our country,” he appealed to the former Ministers under the aegis of the PDP.

Earlier in his remarks, the Chairman of the Ministers’ Forum, Kabiru Tanimu Turaki (SAN), said the group agreed to have this sensitive interactive session with him “because 2023 is a very serious business.”

Turaki, who said the Forum had turned down similar requests from other aspirants, said “there’s a failure of leadership in the country.

He said the ship of state is rudderless with misgovernance, injustice, hunger and many other problems rife. “Never before has Nigeria been so divided,” he added, proffering that the country wants a leader that is a unifier- not too old and too young, cosmopolitan, with listening ears, have respect for other, has ability to aggregate diverse opinions without compromising democracy.

The ex-minister, who applauded the Governor’s political sagacity and administrative prowess, stemming from his experience as former Speaker, most performing Governor and Life Bencher, assured him that if the discussion convinces them, the Forum will throw its weight behind him.

He said the Forum has resolved that after the series of interaction it has had so far, it will meet the party leadership and support any chosen candidate.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/presidency-pdp-needs-a-salable-candidate-im-one-says-tambuwal/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Felimax(m): 11:13am On Apr 28, 2022
Yes you are very correct but on the South East mandate we stand.
Give an Igbo man a chance or let them go.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Segunaja: 11:15am On Apr 28, 2022
These are people who said they want one Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Ebubu: 11:25am On Apr 28, 2022
Felimax:
Yes you are very correct but on the South East mandate we stand.
Give an Igbo man a chance or let them go.
stop this let them go it is embarrassing. Are you too weak to comot if you wan comot ?

374 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by fergie001: 11:26am On Apr 28, 2022
Tambuwal.....Please go to Senate.
Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by naija4life247: 11:27am On Apr 28, 2022
Yes, put yourself in a tray and start hawking yourself in the desert North. Nobody in the South will buy you a rotten product.

386 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Felimax(m): 11:29am On Apr 28, 2022
Ebubu:
stop this let them go it is embarrassing. Are you too weak to comot if you wan comot ?

Dem don comot so wetin your soldiers and institutions still dey do for there?

Why are you still forcing yourself on them? Embarrassing my anus!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by slawormiir: 11:30am On Apr 28, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Give us a candidate from the South east

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Akhigbevostro: 11:30am On Apr 28, 2022
Liars , Nigerian politicians are all the same from local govt chairman to the cattle rearer at the helm of affairs.

Stay woke.
Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by emmykk(m): 11:30am On Apr 28, 2022
Ok
Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:31am On Apr 28, 2022
Party of looters and criminals supported by online fraudsters.

brainpulse:
Failed party of vultures
Gbamsolutely!!!

A party of looters and criminals that couldn't construct their National HEADQUARTERS for 16 years want to build a country!
Awon werey 100%.

Going on memory lane for those that suffer from collective amnesia around, AKA Children of hate, frustrations and perdition..
The 12-storey structure projected to serve as the national secretariat of the former ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is tottering, being a borrowed vision that was not contemplated by the founding fathers of the party.

After organising fundraising on two occasions and gathering billions of naira, the office could not complete that single project.

As such, five years after work on the site was stopped in 2014, the new helmsmen in PDP are crying for funds to see to the completion of the building. However, the cry for more funds has raised fresh concerns over the status and whereabouts of the N21billion raised during a special fundraising dinner organised by the party on December 2014.  

Incumbent PDP national chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, recently lamented that there was not enough money to complete the new national secretariat, which cost has was varied upwards from N11.5bilion to N16billion.

The then governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Namadi Sambo, an architect, was commissioned to put up the project design. And in a bid to get the structure off the drawing board, PDP organised fundraising on November 14, 2008, targeting N10b out of which it raked in N6b. The dinner was chaired by Vice President Goodluck Jonathan and the highest donation came from Mr. Femi Otedola, while the richest man in Africa, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, announced a donation of N3b worth of cement.

UP TILL NOW, Nothing to show for it.
They even sold the cement Dangote gave them and looted the money!

This dead and looting party doing all they can trying to stay relevant.
Awon werey 100%!!

grin cheesy wink

A party of looters and criminals that couldn't construct their national headquarters for 16 years want to build a country!
Awon werey 100%.

Perennial losers and thieves.
Party of confusion, looting and corrupt souls in disarray..

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth........

PDP in Nigeria again?!
God forbid bad thing
we rather vote for FRESH Party!!

We Rise.

uba1991:
God bless you guys.
Amen.
Chief Uba,
God bless you and yours too.
A better Nigeria all around is all we want.

They call our Darling Daddy different names,
But none of their fathers dare call him a thief!
Integrity to badt gan!!! cool

If the truth want to kill some people, let them die!

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by redcliff: 11:31am On Apr 28, 2022
anyody wey PDP present wey no be ATIKU go lose, anybody wey APC present wey no be Osibanjo go Lose.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Joekole: 11:32am On Apr 28, 2022
Nigeria does not need a 'saleable' candidate atm. Buhari was also saleable in 2015.
Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Agricmoney(m): 11:32am On Apr 28, 2022
hmmm ok o.

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Mooh247: 11:33am On Apr 28, 2022
cool

Tambuwal is still young, let him wait for another 8 years when it's legitimately Northern turn

He is 56 years now let him support a Southerner and by the time he is 64 in 2031 we would all gladly vote him back for supporting his southern brother

ACN and Tinubu supported his Speakership aspirations for fairness and equity, if he can't support APC and Southern Candidate, then let him support Nyemsom Wike, and Peter Obi

383 Likes

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Maxymilliano(m): 11:34am On Apr 28, 2022
grin ... Which one is Salable candidate ?
Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 28, 2022
Honestly I don't understand this caliphate guy.

What's is his mission this time??
Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by GooodHardDick: 11:34am On Apr 28, 2022
The only salable candidate PDP has right now is Peter Obi.

I support Peter obi

7 Likes

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by mfm04622: 11:34am On Apr 28, 2022
Look at this man ooo! Someone that won re-election with less than 500 votes thinks he is sellable!!!!
Start marketing yourself bybtell is whay you achieved in Sokoto as a 2 term governor!
Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:35am On Apr 28, 2022
mfm04622:
Look at this man ooo! Someone that won re-election with less than 500 votes thinks he is sellable!!!!
Start marketing yourself bybtell is whay you achieved in Sokoto as a 2 term governor!

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by UncommonLogic: 11:35am On Apr 28, 2022
Yeh right.
Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by GardenOfGod(m): 11:36am On Apr 28, 2022
Politics of bitterness and hate... Our star boy is against it.
post=112343082:

Gbamsolutely!!!

A party of looters and criminals that couldn't construct their National HEADQUARTERS for 16 years want to build a country!
Awon werey 100%.

Going on memory lane for those that suffer from collective amnesia around, AKA Children of hate, frustrations and perdition..
The 12-storey structure projected to serve as the national secretariat of the former ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is tottering, being a borrowed vision that was not contemplated by the founding fathers of the party.

After organising fundraising on two occasions and gathering billions of naira, the office could not complete that single project.

As such, five years after work on the site was stopped in 2014, the new helmsmen in PDP are crying for funds to see to the completion of the building. However, the cry for more funds has raised fresh concerns over the status and whereabouts of the N21billion raised during a special fundraising dinner organised by the party on December 2014.  

Incumbent PDP national chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, recently lamented that there was not enough money to complete the new national secretariat, which cost has was varied upwards from N11.5bilion to N16billion.

The then governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Namadi Sambo, an architect, was commissioned to put up the project design. And in a bid to get the structure off the drawing board, PDP organised fundraising on November 14, 2008, targeting N10b out of which it raked in N6b. The dinner was chaired by Vice President Goodluck Jonathan and the highest donation came from Mr. Femi Otedola, while the richest man in Africa, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, announced a donation of N3b worth of cement.

Awon werey 100%!!

grin cheesy wink

A party of looters and criminals that couldn't construct their national headquarters for 16 years want to build a country!
Awon werey 100%.

PDP in Nigeria again?!
God forbid bad thing

We Rise.

Amen.
Chief Uba,

Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by Aklee4994(m): 11:36am On Apr 28, 2022
All your bad plan will never work on this great nation NIGERIA ��
Re: Presidency: PDP Needs A Salable Candidate, I’m One - Tambuwal by GardenOfGod(m): 11:37am On Apr 28, 2022
Politics of bitterness and hate... Our Star Boy is against it.
post=112343082:

Gbamsolutely!!!

Awon werey 100%.

Awon werey 100%!!

grin cheesy wink

Awon werey 100%.

PDP in Nigeria again?!
God forbid bad thing

We Rise.

Amen.
Chief Uba,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia North: I've No Competitor, I'm Almost Consensus Candidate — Sen. Kalu / Ekiti: Governor Oyebanji Appoints Komolafe New Head Of Service / I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.