Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety (55075 Views)

Passengers Scamper For Safety As Fire Break Out At Lagos Airport / Fire At Utako Motor Park In Abuja; Passengers, Drivers Scamper For Safety / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by peacettw: 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
olas24u:

Yes you have not panicked and experience urgency in travelling.,The nigerian embassy maynot even have passport ,you have to pay bribes to get them ,how maby people have such.

For pete's sake, this is war that we are talking about. Now that they do not have all what you have listed, are they sitting at home waiting for them?
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by chessguru(m): 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:
They ran away from the useless and good for nothing Nigeria, now they need the flag of the same good for nothing Nigeria to stay alive...

No place like home.

I love Nigeria my darling country.

God Bless Nigeria... grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnyHI67Hf2s
https://twitter.com/woye1/status/1497571692117299201?t=6cCBgEXBrcTRdFZTRp-qfg&s=19
*Wrong* they ran away from a terrible Nigerian system created by bad leaders , they did not relinquish their citizenship just the stupid majority who does not know their left from their right .
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by Afonasa(m): 12:44pm On Feb 27, 2022
People say Nigerian Govt should have evacuated them before the war start,

Did it ever occur to us that if the Nigerian govt even came to bring them back,some person or most won't go,

I mean this are the people that feel and think Nigeria is shit and insecure so why will they return.....

Sometimes as Nigerians we speak from two sides of our mouth

Guys,for all of ur freelance issues,you can reach out to me via my signature for significant help....
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:
They ran away from the useless and good for nothing Nigeria, now they need the flag of the same good for nothing Nigeria to stay alive...

No place like home.

https://twitter.com/woye1/status/1497571692117299201?t=6cCBgEXBrcTRdFZTRp-qfg&s=19
This was necessitated by the need for survival. No place like home my foot! Take back that word!
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by danngnews: 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
Golan007:

I agree.

But your parents are right in it.

The very centre of it , your PARENTS are in it.

Dey there dey shout my parents who you don't even know if they are located in the shithole or not.

I advice to to call out Nigerian leaders in whatever way you can, because even if Buhari and APC are reading your posts on Nairaland, it still won't change anything, you will just continue to suffer and smile while they keep making you poorer by borrowing your away your future.
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by danngnews: 1:20pm On Feb 27, 2022
babaolofin:

Though I am not Golan07 whom you are engaging. I am not disputing you either but based on what you wrote above, it is cowardly for those who left Nigeria based on your excuses to beg government of Nigeria for assistance whenever in distress abroad. It is very shameful and cowardly of them.

If I were in their shoes, based on my training, I would rather die there than calling the government for assistance. They did that in Ghana, South Africa and everywhere they go. I cannot insult a person for failing to help me only to later come back to beg for assistance when in greater danger. It is very shameful.

You are wrong, the problem is that many Nigerians have gotten used to suffering that they forgot there are basic things in life that is there right as citizens.

Go and read our constitution and see that government should not be congratulated when it secures the lives of the citizens, when it build roads, when it provides electricity and stuff like that. These are responsibilities of the government to its people.

I read in the news Nigerian government told its citizens in Ukraine that they are on their own, can you imagine that?

Every Nigerian that pay tax must be cartered for by the government, because every Nigerian that buys or sell anything pay some sort of tax to the government, when u buy toothbrush, netsle milk and other stuff manufactured by companies u pay tax directly or indirectly.

There is soo much rot in the system, we have been so bastardized that we don't know our rights anymore as citizens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by skylane: 1:20pm On Feb 27, 2022
DONFRANSKID:

No problem bro
I'm dam serious
me too like this am ready
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by armadeo(m): 1:24pm On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:

No place like home.

Clown.

A vast majority are students if you don't know. If your universities were up to standard and lest I forget ASUU is currently on strike many would be home here.
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by olas24u(f): 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2022
peacettw:

For pete's sake, this is war that we are talking about. Now that they do not have all what you have listed, are they sitting at home waiting for them?

this just simple logic ,they want to use them to fight and will delay them for a longtime until they marched to where they will train them and give them unifrom ;Di hope you have a brother among them grin
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by peacettw: 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2022
olas24u:

this just simple logic ,they want to use them to fight and will delay them for a longtime until they marched to where they will train them and give them unifrom ;Di hope you have a brother among them grin

No. But I have colleagues whose relatives are in medical school in Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by olas24u(f): 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
peacettw:

No. But I have colleagues whose relatives are in medical school in Ukraine.

okay,they will teach them how to shoot na grin
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by onikoyikosoko: 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
ChiefSosa:
Those that died fighting to better their home(Nigeria), what did they gain? The soldiers and other security officials that risk their lives day and night to fight Boko haram and other insecurities in Nigeria, what did they gain? Are they not being owed salaries/pensions for months and even years? Are you not aware that some of them are homeless and even begging to survive?? Does that not show that the labors of our past heroes is in vain? When they die, do their families get compensated with good money or jobs? What tangible thing have they gained from the Nigerian government??

I can confidently assure you that the Ukrainian government will reward any Nigerian(s) that picks up arms to defend Ukraine in a time like this. Even if they die in this battle, the Ukrainian government will make sure to extend certain benefits to their families back home. The Ukrainian government will even take care of them waaaaaaay better than the Nigerian government will ever do. What they will benefit from the Ukrainian government in a day, I'm sure the Nigerian government will not give them in a decade.
We wish them safety anywhere they are, either in Nigeria or Ukraine.

I believe you know that, Ukraine is a poor country, developing country and the poorest country in europe
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by Brownshoe: 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
If they can pay £2000000 i will bring them all back, my commando style still dey.
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by wonder233: 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
Delusion. They that are there don't think that way cos they know abroad is not the heaven you back here is painting it to be
DispatcherLagos:
A wise man will rather die in Ukraine than live in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by mipeesoft(m): 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
They must've done that deliberately to keep the fighters away from them, I hope the Nigerian flag is respected by the foreign soldiers because Nigerian army didn't respect that flag during endsars protest at lekki toll gate
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by Golan007: 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2022
danngnews:

Dey there dey shout my parents who you don't even know if they are located in the shithole or not.

I advice to to call out Nigerian leaders in whatever way you can, because even if Buhari and APC are reading your posts on Nairaland, it still won't change anything, you will just continue to suffer and smile while they keep making you poorer by borrowing your away your future.

Your parents are in Nigeria.

So whatever state Nigeria is in, so are your parents.

Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by TheRealestGuy(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:

Stop babbling, show us 1 single country that evacuated the citizens out of Ukraine.

Love your country peace or war instead of rubbishing your country every day, abandon your country instead of fighting to make it better, but after a small problem where you japa to, you start crying and begging the same country you abandon to rescue you? If Nigeria is so useless then why are you begging the useless country to rescue you..?

You don't pick and choose when to love and abandon your country, you are all users and unpatriotic anti-Nigerian elements. You don't care or give a shitt@ about Nigeria.

Why do you use the word "abandon"?

That someone lives or schools abroad doesn't in any way mean they abandoned Nigeria.

Majority come back home intermittently and have a lot of family back home so no... abandon is a wrong choice of word.

Yes those trapped have a share of the blame but you don't need to sound so denigrating.
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by Glamouzpeter(f): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2022
Oh so touching, I pray God to bring them back home alive in Jesus name
Amen
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by peacettw: 2:48pm On Feb 27, 2022
olas24u:

okay,they will teach them how to shoot na grin

I hope not. I had discussed with one of them concerning this war and he told me that it is better for his relatives to remain in Ukraine than to come back to Nigeria.

I hope for the sake of those children that they are back home by now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by Mac2016(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:

Stop babbling, show us 1 single country that evacuated the citizens out of Ukraine.

Love your country peace or war instead of rubbishing your country every day, abandon your country instead of fighting to make it better, but after a small problem where you japa to, you start crying and begging the same country you abandon to rescue you? If Nigeria is so useless then why are you begging the useless country to rescue you..?

You don't pick and choose when to love and abandon your country, you are all users and unpatriotic anti-Nigerian elements. You don't care or give a shitt@ about Nigeria.

The fool even assumed everyone is as hopeless as him and see only means of survival as trip to Ukraine or relocating.
So shameful when we think it's appropriate to run away from our country to countries that their own men stayed and suffered to build. My opinion may be so unpopular but I believe that most Nigerians japaing are as clueless and guilt as the leaders we blame.
You want where the food is ready cos you don't want to tend to your own country. And blame everyone apart from themselves. Generally, most Nigerians are weak mentally.
If not, they would know and realise that no country was descended as a good country with all great amenities from heaven.
After the war, the level of rascism against African migrants especially Nigerians would increase. They see fight they run and seek the flag of the same country they called shithole cos of student visa.
Nigeria is not as bad as their mental state have portrayed it! Innate hopelessness and high mental laxity has caused the runners to see travelling even to Yemen and Cambodia as a generational achievement.
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by UnabashedIPOB: 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
They might even kill these people for holding the useless flag.
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by assholemods: 3:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
ChiefSosa:

Yes, I am! Would you like to speak with the president?
Lol... Yes I want to speak with him please put me on the line.
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by mvem(m): 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2022
angelEmade:

You have never been abroad.
I am in the US. precisely,Missouri...if you need a picture or any evidence at all I can send to you
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by godliman: 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2022
TechTack:
Why did they wait till this long? The whole world knew this would go down as far back as December last year
Didn't you read that the Nigerian embassy in Ukraine deceived them that there will be no war that it was all Western propaganda?
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by angelEmade: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2022
mvem:
I am in the US. precisely,Missouri...if you need a picture or any evidence at all I can send to you
maybe you are a homeless rat there.m.or perhaps you have never left the us...or worse still ur just blabbing
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2022
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by mmsen: 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
A wise man will rather die in Ukraine than live in Nigeria

'Wise'.

That must be that African wisdom that has you people rejecting logic at every juncture.
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by Dagrace01(m): 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2022
DropsMic:
Shame on Nigeria's government.. A very big shame
True..
But how about Nigerians over there?
They knew this is eventually gonna go down..
They live there and they have direct contact with everything happening prior to this invasion.
They should've been proactive with a plan before now, u can't underestimated the beating drums of war. A man is responsible for his own safety before another can save him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by iamL(f): 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
laiperi:
The same soul that should have died fighting to better their home.

May the wasted soul Rest In Peace where they make no difference.

What about those that wasted their lives during the end sars protest? Nonsense.....
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by iamL(f): 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2022
angelEmade:

Seriously are you even replying the slowpoke
Most of these nairalanders making jest of estranged countrymen in Ukrain are doing it out of envy and jealousy. When you are made and you suffer a set back people rejoice as they see it as some sort of consolation for their own terrible state. If given the option, majority of these people would not mind travelling to Ukrain at this point in time.

Exactly. I saw a guys comments about the sad plight of a friend of his over there and he was happy abt his difficult condition just because he advised his friend not to leave Nigeria.

His comments was just full of envy and jealousy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by mvem(m): 5:22pm On Feb 27, 2022
angelEmade:
maybe you are a homeless rat there.m.or perhaps you have never left the us...or worse still ur just blabbing
lol...attack the point i raised. I am no homeless and I am legitimately in the US
Re: Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety by Parrot69: 5:30pm On Feb 27, 2022
Dgodfada:

Oga shut up, were they the ones that sent you out of Nigeria? U smuggled yourself out, called the country a shit hole now u are speaking grammar that you don't even understand yourself. Will you keep quiet?
That guy chief sosa(or whatever stupid trash his name is) a big FOOL.
The Foreign affairs minister since January gave imment warnings about break down of diplomatic relations between both countries which could likely escalate to war and they kept Num hoping the government to perform miracle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? / OCHA BRIGADE Kenneth Okonkwo Dies In Accident (Photos) / Sinkhole Swallows Range Rover Sport In Imo State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.