Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL (540 Views)

PSG Is Offering Lionel Messi 'Everything Money Can Buy' / Meet Kelechi Anyikude Who Uses The EPL To Promote The Nigerian Culture / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Arsenal Vs Everton 5-1 – Highlights & Goals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by naijabetlee(m): 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2022
"Money can't buy you happiness but it sure can buy you a league"

That's what Twitter users have been saying after Everton were denied a penalty in their game against Premier League leaders and current champions, Manchester City.

In a really tight game at Goodison Park, the first half ended in a draw as both teams were unable to break the deadlock. The second half came and would've ended the same as the first but for an error by the Everton side which led to Phil Foden grabbing the opportunity to slot one in for City.

City were finally in the lead, 3 points almost in the bag but then Rodri handled the ball in the box, literally and City were once again in danger of losing the lead. To many football fans and experts, a penalty should've been given on the spot without the need for a VAR check. So you can imagine the outrage when that didn't happen. VAR check and the decision by the referee ruled that it wasn't a handball.

Shocker! Shocker! Shocker!

City went on to win the game with the solo goal and they're back to leading Liverpool with 6 points. Liverpool still have a game in hand so there's still not enough room for the Champions to relax.

Take a look at the images and tell me what you think?

Should that have been a penalty?

Re: Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by KreativSquare: 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2022
Abegiii

It's could have been a penalty if Richarlison was not already offside when the ball came.
Re: Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by complexBoss12: 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2022
KreativSquare:
Abegiii

It's could have been a penalty if Richarlison was not already offside when the ball came.

Don't say what you don't know Oga. There was no offside incident and the Premier League released a statement something like "the ball didn't hit the hand well enough" It had nothing to do with offside. Why didn't they show who was off??

Twitter is on fire since that incident and they are trying to save face. My grandmother in the village doesn't need var to award that penalty. EPL is rubbish!!

Ex footballers have even accused city of paying officials. I so much hate that these guys are destroying football with there betting and fixing. How in the world is that not a pen??
Re: Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by Jubal01: 10:48pm On Feb 26, 2022
Last, last, not even VAR is reliable. Only God is! Know this and know (have) peace!

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by paulolee(m): 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2022
city was jus lucky all through the nite, scored a lucky goal from defender mistake n luckily escaped dt penalty, its not any factor of money buying u any rubbish..
dont mk it sound asif city are topping the league with 6 points bcoz of their bribing n paying reffs to always side them..
put some respect on their doinz, seems u de forget say na dis same squad dey dominante EPL for 5 years now..
Re: Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by paulolee(m): 10:55pm On Feb 26, 2022
Jubal01:
Last, last, not even VAR is reliable. Only God is! Know this and know (have) peace!
yeah...VAR still depends on reffs to make d final decision, me too was shocked dey escaped dt penalty but dts the beauty or the game.
Re: Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by 3idiots: 10:57pm On Feb 26, 2022
The two guys above, pls don't allow sentiment cloud your judgement. Me too love the EPL, but that match was fixed, simple. It was no luck. Rules are rules, thats why they introduced VAR. How can you check that in a computer for 2 minutes and decide it's not a spot kick?
Few weeks ago ManU played Brighton. They wanted to kill ManU (I am not being biased here) But ManU scored first. I was ready to bet my balls that Brighton could have equalised that goal. Then from no where they got a Red Card, for an incident that didn't even deserve a yellow.
How do you cancel a penalty incident and award an offside, without saying who was off? Infact, EPL made a statement that there was no offside, Wtf...
Re: Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by paulolee(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
complexBoss12:

Don't say what you don't know Oga. There was no offside incident and the Premier League released a statement something like "the ball didn't hit the hand well enough" It had nothing to do with offside. Why didn't they show who was off??

Twitter is on fire since that incident and they are trying to save face. My grandmother in the village doesn't need var to award that penalty. EPL is rubbish!!

Ex footballers have even accused city of paying officials. I so much hate that these guys are destroying football with there betting and fixing. How in the world is that not a pen??
thats life, haters would always look for cases like this to pin all the success of a man wen dey cnt explain why e keeps winning..
so, u are saying dt city is soo wealthy than d likes of chelsea n united dt cnt pay officials to win games??
the ex professionals are trying to say dt pep has been paying reffs to win games n dts why he is still running monopoly in EPL n dominanting d league like its a Farmers league?
tweeter will always noise n critics will keep wailing bt it do not change the fact dt city is currently d best team in EPL even on it's bad form like of recent followed by kiveripol..
city were lucky tonight n if u wana talk about reff supporting city to win the league, that's totally trash talk bcoz wat pep is doing in EPL with city isn't dt easy to write off bcoz of a lucky nite
Re: Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by KreativSquare: 11:18pm On Feb 26, 2022
complexBoss12:

Now mancity is paying ref?? Lol grin grin

So city got a decision that went in their favour suddenly they are paying the ref??

The year VAR and ref favoured Liverpool to win the premier league over mancity, you guys didn't say they paid the ref ooh!

So for the very first time that mancity got a decision that favoured them, suddenly they paid the ref because they have money shey?

You people are not serious!
Re: Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by Jubal01: 6:08am On Feb 27, 2022
I OVERstand the PAINMENT of oda clubs against this types of decisions, but gats undastand that shit happens once a while.
Re: Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by naijabetlee(m): 1:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
I sha be Man City fan so whether we pay ref, or na lucky goal, that one no concern me. My own be say I win match grin cheesy grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Everton: Money Can Buy You The EPL by Edopesin: 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2022
paulolee:

yeah...VAR still depends on reffs to make d final decision, me too was shocked dey escaped dt penalty but dts the beauty or the game.

Which yeye beauty, if it was against Everton in that situation the penalty would have been awarded to City. Where is the fair play then

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Popular Game May Likely Destroy People's Ticket Today / Long Term Relationship Sets To End As Shakira, Pique Ready To Part Ways. / Fans Celebrate Amusan’s Record-breaking Sprint; Usain Bolt Congratulates Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.