Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful (1008 Views)

My Visit To The University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden / FG Changes Nigeria Prison Service To Correctional Services / Massive Corruption In Nigeria Prison,civil Defence,fire Service Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful by Kimiso(m): 10:49pm On Feb 26, 2022
The Nigerian Correctional Service(NCoS), formerly known as Nigerian Prison Service (NPS) is a government agency of Nigeria which operates prisons. The agency is headquartered in Abuja, and it is under the supervision of the Ministry of the Interior and the Civil Defence Immigration and Correctional Service, The name was changed from the Nigerian Prisons Service to the Nigerian Correctional Service by President Muhammadu Buhari on the 15th of August 2019 after signing the Nigerian Correctional Service Act of 2019 into law, The bill was passed by the 8th Assembly of the House of Representatives but the signing was done two months after their tenure had expired. The law divides the Correctional Service into two main areas which are The Custodial Service and Non-custodial Service,

Share your experience
These has to reach front page

1 Share

Re: My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful by doggedfighter(f): 10:55pm On Feb 26, 2022
I once had a relative at the prison . My visit was so traumatic for me that I never visited again until he was released.

The sight of humans left in squalid overcrowded conditions was too much for me to handle.

Not to talk of the extortion from the gate to the counter until you see your person.

The mere thought kept me awake for days.

There's nothing correctional about Nigerian prisons.

It's pure hell.

Oh life ,may you never take anyone to Nigerian prisons. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful by remsonik(f): 10:55pm On Feb 26, 2022
Very awful, I don't wish I or anyone else to ever fall there
Re: My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful by Olunmercy56(f): 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
I don't pray for any of my enemies to go there. They are all death traps
Re: My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful by caesymore(m): 11:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
Mhen...
God na my witness, the very first day I visited Afra prisons I felt depressed and vowed to totally avoid any issue wey fit put me behind bars .
Re: My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful by dawnomike(m): 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2022
Awful is an understatement ... It us HELL!!!
Re: My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful by doggedfighter(f): 11:19pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kimiso:
The Nigerian Correctional Service(NCoS), formerly known as Nigerian Prison Service (NPS) is a government agency of Nigeria which operates prisons. The agency is headquartered in Abuja, and it is under the supervision of the Ministry of the Interior and the Civil Defence Immigration and Correctional Service, The name was changed from the Nigerian Prisons Service to the Nigerian Correctional Service by President Muhammadu Buhari on the 15th of August 2019 after signing the Nigerian Correctional Service Act of 2019 into law, The bill was passed by the 8th Assembly of the House of Representatives but the signing was done two months after their tenure had expired. The law divides the Correctional Service into two main areas which are The Custodial Service and Non-custodial Service,

Share your experience
These has to reach front page

What's your own experience?
Re: My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful by FaceTanke: 11:19pm On Feb 26, 2022
The women are not usually given sanitary pads

Smells like hell
Re: My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful by chatinent: 12:00am On Feb 27, 2022
Na poor people full there. RICH criminals still dey fight for elections.
Re: My visit to the Nigeria prison,So awful by Kimiso(m): 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2023
@boobslord
Boobslord give me your WhatsApp number I have an offer for you

(1) (Reply)

feranmi - Please Welcome Me! / Hi Evrybody.am Tayo & Am New In Dis Great Nairaland / Shy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.