Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians (715 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by BornofGod108(m): 12:22am On Feb 27, 2022
EARRINGS AND RINGS ARE NOT FOR CHRISTIANS

Read (Isaiah 3:16-24, Genesis 35:1-4, Jeremiah 4:30, I Timothy 2:9, I Peter 3:1-3).
All holiness preachers down the ages condemned the use of jewelries by Christians. The Protestant churches rejected it's uses, calling it "idolatry". Martin Luther wrote against it, John Hus, Wycliffe, John Wesley and George Whitefield rejected the use of jewelries by true believers.
If you read 1 Peter 3:3, Saint Peter explained it perfectly "...not with gold!" Gold represents all jewelries, including wedding rings. Paul speaking expressly with the same spirit with Peter condemned it also in his Epistle to Timothy (I Timothy 2:9).
Timothy as a Bishop must teach this truth, he must condemn the use of jewelries of all kind, including all precious stones and pearls. Paul wrote to him for him to know the best godly adornment benefiting to godly women. Peter also wrote "not with plaiting of hair, not with gold..." That's their outward adornments should not be characterized by all these heathenish materials...
Some Christians, so-called said "it is a personal conviction".
Now, is it a personal conviction? No! Whatsoever that is found written in the Bible is or are for our good and Christian perfection. Those who said "it is a personal conviction" are in the wrong spirit. They are heretical.
All holiness preachers condemned it's use. The early Methodist members never wear jewelries, John Wesley stood against it! He called it an idolatry and no idolaters have any lot nor part in the kingdom of God. John Wesley never taught his people only on the inward holiness of heart, he also warned them to be careful in the way they dress, avoiding the use of gold and makeups for beauty.
In fact, Old Anglican Church never wear it. They rejected! The use of any kind of jewelries, pays eternal doom in hell fire. Any Bishop who wears it as Bishop ring, necklace and bangles, will never see God!
The first woman never wear jewelries, Eve never wear earrings. She was natural as God made her, who then are you that is wearing it!
Hell is the portion of all women who wears it, believe it or not, the last day will justify this post! On that day of judgment John Wesley will reject the present Methodists for rejecting his Holiness tradition to worldliness.
Accept this truth, inform your Bishop, tell your Pastors, warn your congregations to repent from wearing it, because hell will not spare them.
Throw those evils away, cleanse yourself! Be holy

Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by Felimax(m): 1:16am On Feb 27, 2022
Gerrat with speed because I will answer you with the Master's own voice.
Then the Lord said to him, “Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness.

What goes into a man's mouth does not make him `unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him `unclean.'"
[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by Kobojunkie: 1:41am On Feb 27, 2022
BornofGod108:

Read (Isaiah 3:16-24, Genesis 35:1-4, Jeremiah 4:30, I Timothy 2:9, I Peter 3:1-3).
All holiness preachers down the ages condemned the use of jewelries by Christians. The Protestant churches rejected it's uses, calling it "idolatry". Martin Luther wrote against it, John Hus, Wycliffe, John Wesley and George Whitefield rejected the use of jewelries by true believers.
If you read 1 Peter 3:3, Saint Peter explained it perfectly "...not with gold!" Gold represents all jewelries, including wedding rings. Paul speaking expressly with the same spirit with Peter condemned it also in his Epistle to Timothy (I Timothy 2:9).
Timothy as a Bishop must teach this truth, he must condemn the use of jewelries of all kind, including all precious stones and pearls. Paul wrote to him for him to know the best godly adornment benefiting to godly women. Peter also wrote "not with plaiting of hair, not with gold..." That's their outward adornments should not be characterized by all these heathenish materials...
Stop lying and deceiving people using the name of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by adeoyekay(m): 3:19am On Feb 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
figure out the elements of lie from this write up
Someone is saying the truth, you are antagonizing.
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by Kobojunkie: 3:30am On Feb 27, 2022
adeoyekay:
You tell me what aspect of this declaration by the OP you believe isn't a lie and I will show you how even that is antiChrist. undecided
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by BornofGod108(m): 6:36am On Feb 27, 2022
Felimax:
Gerrat with speed because I will answer you with the Master's own voice.
Then the Lord said to him, “Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness.

What goes into a man's mouth does not make him `unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him `unclean.'"
[i][/i]

2 cor 7:1 says that before we can see God, we have to cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of heart and the body(that is earrings and rings and other things mentioned in 1Tim:2:9-10)
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by BornofGod108(m): 6:38am On Feb 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:

2 cor 7:1 says that before we can see God, we have to cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of heart and the body(that is earrings and rings and other things mentioned in 1Tim:2:9-10)
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by Kobojunkie: 6:49am On Feb 27, 2022
BornofGod108:
That deposit in Paul's letter as you claim it there has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ who never taught His followers that their outward appearance mattered to the Kingdom of God. undecided

Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, gave to His followers approximately 100 commandments and not a single one of indicates that it matters if one adorns self with jewelry or not. Jesus Christ then declared that those who love Him are those who obey His commandments- John 14 vd 15 - 25 and that those who are His friends are those who do as He asks - John 15 vs 14. undecided

The same Jesus Christ sent His disciples to teach to those in the world the very same Law which He taught to them. He warned them not to add, change or remove from His teachings as given to them by Him - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided

Any one who preaches lies in the name of Jesus Christ does so against Him and is not of Him. undecided
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by AntiChristian: 7:09am On Feb 27, 2022
Wasn't jewelries in use during Jesus's time? It seems these your biblical laws are incomplete. So many misinterpretation...
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 27, 2022
Someone should pls, for the sake of humanity, help me so i can feed. I am starving.

SIX/THREE/ONE/TWO/FOUR/FIVE/FIVE/SIX/NINE/SIX

Fidelity Bank
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by GreatAxeMan: 7:49am On Feb 27, 2022
Modest dressing in the Bible means the avoidance of extravagant dressing.
In other words, the Bible refers to people who wear expensive designer outfits and expensive jewelry as a means of showing off their wealth.
This goes against the spirit of humility that Christ preached.

AntiChristian:
Wasn't jewelries in use during Jesus's time? It seems these your biblical laws are incomplete. So many misinterpretation...

1 Like

Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2022
I hope your heart's right with God though, while you worry about not wearing earrings, because many who don't wear earrings would be cast into the lake of fire, because they wore iniquity in their hearts.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by jmoore(m): 8:29am On Feb 27, 2022
Isaiah 61:10
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my
soul shall exult in my God, for he has
clothed me with the garments of
salvation; he has covered me with
the robe of righteousness, as a
bridegroom decks himself like a
priest with a beautiful headdress, and
as a bride adorns herself with her
jewels."

Ezekiel 16:11-13
11 And I adorned you with ornaments
and put bracelets on your wrists and
a chain on your neck. 12 And I put a
ring on your nose and earrings in
your ears and a beautiful crown on
your head. 13 Thus you were adorned
with gold and silver, and your clothing
was of fine linen and silk and
embroidered cloth. You ate fine flour
and honey and oil. You grew
exceedingly beautiful and advanced to
royalty.

2 Likes

Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by BornofGod108(m): 8:44am On Feb 27, 2022
jmoore:
Isaiah 61:10
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my
soul shall exult in my God, for he has
clothed me with the garments of
salvation; he has covered me with
the robe of righteousness, as a
bridegroom decks himself like a
priest with a beautiful headdress, and
as a bride adorns herself with her
jewels."

Ezekiel 16:11-13
11 And I adorned you with ornaments
and put bracelets on your wrists and
a chain on your neck. 12 And I put a
ring on your nose and earrings in
your ears and a beautiful crown on
your head. 13 Thus you were adorned
with gold and silver, and your clothing
was of fine linen and silk and
embroidered cloth. You ate fine flour
and honey and oil. You grew
exceedingly beautiful and advanced to
royalty.

God was talking to Jerusalem in the scriptures you are quoting (talking about mineral resources he has deposited in jerusalem) but he condemned it for bodily use in Isaiah 3:16-24
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by BornofGod108(m): 8:46am On Feb 27, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
I hope your heart's right with God though, while you worry about not wearing earrings, because many who don't wear earrings would be cast into the lake of fire, because they wore iniquity in their hearts.

God bless.

2 Cor 7:1. to perfect holiness you have put off those things
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by paxonel(m): 9:08am On Feb 27, 2022
[s]
BornofGod108:

Now, is it a personal conviction? No! Whatsoever that is found written in the Bible is or are for our good and Christian perfection. Those who said "it is a personal conviction" are in the wrong spirit. They are heretical.
All holiness preachers condemned it's use. The early Methodist members never wear jewelries, John Wesley stood against it! He called it an idolatry and no idolaters have any lot nor part in the kingdom of God. John Wesley never taught his people only on the inward holiness of heart, he also warned them to be careful in the way they dress, avoiding the use of gold and makeups for beauty.
In fact, Old Anglican Church never wear it. They rejected! The use of any kind of jewelries, pays eternal doom in hell fire. Any Bishop who wears it as Bishop ring, necklace and bangles, will never see God!
The first woman never wear jewelries, Eve never wear earrings. She was natural as God made her, who then are you that is wearing it!
Hell is the portion of all women who wears it, believe it or not, the last day will justify this post! On that day of judgment John Wesley will reject the present Methodists for rejecting his Holiness tradition to worldliness.
Accept this truth, inform your Bishop, tell your Pastors, warn your congregations to repent from wearing it, because hell will not spare them.
[/s]
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by Felimax(m): 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
BornofGod108:

And yet in Christ God is revealed.
To have seen Christ is to have seen God.
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by BornofGod108(m): 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
Felimax:

And yet in Christ God is revealed. To have seen Christ is to have seen God.
i mean entering heaven
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by Felimax(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
BornofGod108:

i mean entering heaven

Don't be so confused brother. Go up, read and learn from what the saints up there has given to your post.
Be very aware that nothing that enters a man make him unclean, our savior made very serious emphasis on this issue even when the disciples been Jews try to be very confuse He told them over again, nothing enters a man makes him unclean.
You want to see the beauty of Christianity? Remove human philosophy out of it. Shalom!
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by Janosky: 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
adeoyekay:
That OP posted GIBBERISH.

Oga,read Luke's gospel of the prodigal son & take note of the Father's use of ring/jewelry.

Luke 15:22
"But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet"

When Pharaoh put a ring on Joseph's finger in Egypt, what does that signify?
When the Father put a ring on the Prodigal son's finger, what does it signify?

Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by Janosky: 3:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
BornofGod108:

Oga,stop DECEIVING yourself.
Luke 15:22, study your Bible & receive SENSE.
Luke 15:22
"But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet"

To put a ring on someone's finger is a powerful expression of Approval.
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2022
BornofGod108:

So, why did God ask the Israelites to collect jewellery from the Egyptians and put on their children before they left Egypt? You guys read the Bible with your preconceived notion and interprete it to push your narratives. You go "since I don't like it, let me search the scriptures to prove its a sin".

1 Like

Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
Modest dressing in the Bible means the avoidance of extravagant dressing.
In other words, the Bible refers to people who wear expensive designer outfits and expensive jewelry as a means of showing off their wealth.
This goes against the spirit of humility that Christ preached.

Your explanation makes more sense spiritually than the pharisaic stuff the op was spouting.
Re: Earrings And Rings Are Not For Christians by BornofGod108(m): 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2022
Felimax:

Don't be so confused brother. Go up, read and learn from what the saints up there has given to your post.
Be very aware that nothing that enters a man make him unclean, our savior made very serious emphasis on this issue even when the disciples been Jews try to be very confuse He told them over again, nothing enters a man makes him unclean.
You want to see the beauty of Christianity? Remove human philosophy out of it. Shalom!

it is the word of God,not philosophy 2Cor 7:1

(1) (Reply)

GOD Created Satan. Disscus / Kevin Hart The Crossdresser Is Coming Home To Africa / Great Series Of Videos About Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.