Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? (2575 Views)

Nigerian Students Caught In The Russia-Ukraine War / Street Fighting Erupts In Battle For Ukraine’s Capital, Kyiv / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Goodmarlian: 12:51am On Feb 27, 2022
Russians and Ukrainians seem to speak the same language,there seem to be no language barrier between the two countries,I have seen 4 videos of captured Russian soldiers being questioned by Ukrainian army they seem to understand each other very well,and there is this video of a Ukrainian lady yelling at Russian soldiers that occupy her street telling them to leave that they are shameless assholes the Russians soldiers seem to understand her very well and try to calm her down.
let there be peace between two brothers their ancestors would really be ashamed of them for killing each other.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Sucre6: 6:49am On Feb 27, 2022
I think there is a common lingual they all understood, just like speaking pidgin English to someone in Cotonou or Ghana, they would surely comprehend and respond in affirmative

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by AndroBlaze: 9:48am On Feb 27, 2022
Russian is still the most spoken language in Ukraine, its like the way Fulanis and other northerners speak Hausa, its not their language but they prefer it daily.

Thats one of the reasons why this war of aggression makes no sense, even the Ukrainian president and most of their top leaders can't speak Ukrainian properly.

Putin is just a despot and a bully and all his supporters are the usual weaklings who look to hide behind bullies so they can conceivably feel what "strength" is like. Pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 27, 2022
AndroBlaze:
Russian is still the most spoken language in Ukraine, its like the way Fulanis and other northerners speak Hausa, its not their language but they prefer it daily.

Thats one of the reasons why this war of aggression makes no sense, even the Ukrainian president and most of their top leaders can't speak Ukrainian properly.

Putin is just a despot and a bully and all his supporters are the usual weaklings who look to hide behind bullies so they can conceivably feel what "strength" is like. Pathetic.
If your sister joins your enemies to gang up against you won't you try to fight her at home since she's the closest person to you others may use her to kill you
That's how a person described this war, tho I'm still confused wether russia is right or wrong cos no matter how my sister hates me I can't pull out a knife and stab her, I'll just stay far away from her instead

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 27, 2022
Senomii:

If your sister joins your enemies to gang up against you won't you try to fight her at home since she's the closest person to you others may use her to kill you
That's how a person described this war, tho I'm still confused wether russia is right or wrong cos no matter how my sister hates me I can't pull out a knife and stab her, I'll just stay far away from her instead
Russia is justified... America wouldn't tolerate what they are doing! Besides, the West has done worse... I want it to burn...

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by mysticwarrior(m): 11:45am On Feb 27, 2022
Datboredberri:
Russia is justified... America wouldn't tolerate what they are doing! Besides, the West has done worse... I want it to burn...
you are right my dear the American invasion of Iraq is one of the worst atrocity committed by the west in recent past.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 27, 2022
Datboredberri:
Russia is like a family member who other family members are ganging up against
For no seriously serious reason, America should focus on their soon to be dwindling economy and also tackle homeless people littered all over new York and los Angeles and stop sticking their heads into what's not important

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by joyandfaith: 11:50am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:
Russians and Ukrainians seem to speak the same language,there seem to be no language barrier between the two countries,I have seen 4 videos of captured Russian soldiers being questioned by Ukrainian army they seem to understand each other very well,and there is this video of a Ukrainian lady yelling at Russian soldiers that occupy her street telling them to leave that they are shameless assholes the Russians soldiers seem to understand her very well and try to calm her down.
let there be peace between two brothers their ancestors would really be ashamed of them for killing each other.

Many Ukrainians speak Russians due to Russian influence over centuries.
Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 27, 2022
Senomii:

Russia is like a family member who other family members are ganging up against
Hmm... Who wants their enemy to be their closest neighbour? No one...

It's funny how the West has murdered, raped, tortured, enslaved Africans and looted for over 200years... With no reparations... Yet Russia's the bad guy...

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by joyandfaith: 11:52am On Feb 27, 2022
Senomii:

Russians and Ukrainians are not family. Different people different culture.
Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 27, 2022
mysticwarrior:
you are right my dear the American invasion of Iraq is one of the worst atrocity committed by the west in recent past.
Exactly! Russia versus America... One bully against the other... And as a black man, I have no problem with Russia...
Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 27, 2022
Datboredberri:

cool

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
joyandfaith:

Russians and Ukrainians are not family. Different people different culture.
They're neighbors and ukraine originally belonged to russia
World powers are ganging up on russia through ukraine, so you can understand where putin's anger is coming from

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
Datboredberri:

It's funny how the West has murdered, raped, tortured, enslaved Africans and looted for over 200years... With no reparations... Yet Russia's the bad guy...

Yahoo boys favorite quote
Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
Blablamalala:

cool
Exactly... Despicable...

Do what I say... But don't do what I do...

They are the true monsters...

The West had committed the worse crimes against humanity... Yet, they are the saints... Thanks to the media..

You see Blacks siding with them... Makes me want to puke!

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
Senomii:

Yahoo boys favorite quote
Lol... It's annoying...

Imagine if Putin were an African or Arab leader...

America, UK, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, France... They should all burn...

Do you know how many Congolese the Belgians tortured and killed? Far more than the Jews Hitler killed...

Yet no one cares...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by joyandfaith: 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
Senomii:

They're neighbors and ukraine originally belonged to russia
World powers are ganging up on russia through ukraine, so you can understand where putin's anger is coming from

How did they belong to Russia originally? Yes, part of Russian empire. Do we still have Russia empire? Ukraine is Ukraine. Russia is Russia. Instead of declaring war on Ukraine, Russia should have shown some love. Russia has nothing to offer Ukraine or world expect AK47.
The main reason Russia invaded Ukraine is because putin hates to see a flourishing democratic nation with liberalism in his border.
Don't blame western nations for present situation. When Russia was weak economically in 90s , Ukraine had chance of becoming a nuclear power but West and Russia prevailed on Ukraine to release nuclear arsenals to Russia in exchange for oil.
Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by AndroBlaze: 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2022
Senomii:

This is a misleading argument and used as an excuse by Putin sycophants and just a few genuinely ignorant people on the facts. Ukraine (before this war anyway) was not in anyway closer to joing NATO than it has been in the more than 20 years it has tried. This is a fact.

In fact it is well known that most members of NATO could not see the advantage in getting Ukraine to join and could not be bothered (before the war). UKraine was very close to joing in 2008 during the George Bush regime but the same weak two- faced western European leaders led by France stood in their way. That was their closest period to joining . A fact.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL0115117020080401

Another more important fact is that Russia already has 5 of it neighbors it shares borders with in NATO already. Russia is already encircled by NATO and Putin has known this for years. In fact in the days he was pretending early in his reign there was talk about Russia joing NATO!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rferl.org/amp/russia-putin-says-discussed-joining-nato-with-clinton/28526757.html

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nato.int/acad/fellow/98-00/davydov.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwih6di1gKD2AhUS_rsIHfxRC204ChAWegQIHRAB&usg=AOvVaw3FsCOretFTkFcJZGdHWr0z

Now it seems Putin has made the biggest miscalculation. Public opinion in all the countries that blocked Ukraine from joining is now in full support of Ukraine joining and you will see how thise selfish Western European leaders will now push for Ukraine to join. Also other countries close to Russia like Finland and Sweden who NATO has been begging to join for almost 50years now have suddenly turned around to say they want to join!

Truly when the gods want to destroy someone, they first make him mad.

Most analyst that know have said Putin did this out of a personal grudge (very similar to Hitler's behaviour, history repeating itself) and you will see that he only becomes weaker from this story, that is the ultimate outcome for insecure despots who bow to their emotions.
Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by freshkpomo(m): 5:54pm On Feb 27, 2022
Senomii:

If you be big brother when dey do well,wetin go push your sister go join enemy? Not just one of your sister o, all of them was t associate with you enemy.. last last you nor come see say na you nor do well or rather na you be the bad person?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:
ukraine use to be part of then russia (USSR) during the time of the KGB reign.ukraine broke out due to disputes regarding the chernobyl incident.
Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by BanevsJoker(m): 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2022
I just wish CNN can be removed from DSTV. The amount of ignorant and misinformed Nigerians is alarming. They just swallow the Democrat party propaganda without any attempt to think for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Truvelisback(m): 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2022
mysticwarrior:
Even Iran weren't left out yet nobody could even cough abt their actions.
Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by Enigma2049(m): 11:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
joyandfaith:

How did they belong to Russia originally? Yes, part of Russian empire. Do we still have Russia empire? Ukraine is Ukraine. Russia is Russia. Instead of declaring war on Ukraine, Russia should have shown some love. Russia has nothing to offer Ukraine or world expect AK47.
The main reason Russia invaded Ukraine is because putin hates to see a flourishing democratic nation with liberalism in his border.
Don't blame western nations for present situation. When Russia was weak economically in 90s , Ukraine had chance of becoming a nuclear power but West and Russia prevailed on Ukraine to release nuclear arsenals to Russia in exchange for oil.

Aunty/Oga plz shut up, you dey cap nonsense. The Russia you know today originally started from Ukraine. Go and read ur history books. Russians and Ukrainians were originally one people.
Re: Who Else Noticed This In Battle Field In This Russian-ukraine War? by joyandfaith: 4:08am On Feb 28, 2022
Enigma2049:

[s]Aunty/Oga plz shut up, you dey cap nonsense. The Russia you know today originally started from Ukraine. Go and read ur history books. Russians and Ukrainians were originally one people[/s].
Rubbish

(1) (Reply)

ISIS Throws Gay Men Off 4 Storey Building (pictures) / The Seven Forgotten United State Presidents / Royal Baby Girl. Kate Middleton Give Birth To A Baby Girl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.