Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,427 members, 7,853,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:22 AM

Ukraine: Security At Poland Border Threaten To Shoot Some African Students - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ukraine: Security At Poland Border Threaten To Shoot Some African Students (624 Views)

Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border / More Nigerians In Ukraine Complain Of Racial Discrimination At Poland's Border / New Trump Rule May Require Some African Tourists To Pay Up To $15,000 In Bonds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine: Security At Poland Border Threaten To Shoot Some African Students by fabinfos(f): 7:34am On Feb 27, 2022
A shocking video has shown the moment security agents at the Polish border threatened to shoot some group of African students trying to flee Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG8X7cewrMQ

The group can be heard shouting that they are students and are not armed, as they look to convince the security agents that they only want to cross the border.

Poland being a NATO member has been on of the most favoured destination for many fleeing African students.

Source: https://lailasnews.com/security-at-poland-border-threaten-to-shoot-africans-fleeing-ukraine/
Re: Ukraine: Security At Poland Border Threaten To Shoot Some African Students by Gentlerespect76: 7:37am On Feb 27, 2022
Very heart rending!!! Nigeria is a farce; who can respect its citizens?
Re: Ukraine: Security At Poland Border Threaten To Shoot Some African Students by EasternActivist: 7:55am On Feb 27, 2022
Op you didn't mention that they later let them to pass
Re: Ukraine: Security At Poland Border Threaten To Shoot Some African Students by dawnomike(m): 7:57am On Feb 27, 2022
If only our country was conducive enough for good education and opportunities... South Africans barely leave theur country enmass like this cos despite their challenges, their country is conducive.
Re: Ukraine: Security At Poland Border Threaten To Shoot Some African Students by babasolution: 8:04am On Feb 27, 2022
They go get sense by force.loools

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Security At Poland Border Threaten To Shoot Some African Students by babasolution: 8:06am On Feb 27, 2022
dawnomike:
If only our country was conducive enough for good education and opportunities... South Africans barely leave theur country enmass like this cos despite their challenges, their country is conducive.

But you guys insult southAfricans that they don't travel.in fact I believe southAfricans now,when they say,it's Nigerians that bring shame to the black race
Re: Ukraine: Security At Poland Border Threaten To Shoot Some African Students by okoIYAyin(m): 9:48am On Feb 27, 2022
dawnomike:

Despite their challenges, they didn't leave because they're more patriotic and believe they can collectively makes their country better. If lot of Nigerians can be like that too, we would be better than how we are today! Believing the government will do everything for you is a very stupid idea TBH.
Re: Ukraine: Security At Poland Border Threaten To Shoot Some African Students by dawnomike(m): 10:42am On Feb 27, 2022
okoIYAyin:

Despite their challenges, they didn't leave because they're more patriotic and believe they can collectively makes their country better. If lot of Nigerians can be like that too, we would be better than how we are today! Believing the government will do everything for you is a very stupid idea TBH.
I get your point even though I seem to disagree to some extent. I do not believe from the set go, that South african's were any way more patriotic by Nigerians.

In time past, when so many things were not this bad in Nigeria, in the 70's, 80's and early 90's; so many Nigerians would rather stay back in the country than relocate. In my opinion, I believe more and more people got fed up of been patriotic over time and things got worst.

I think if south africans had it on a spiral decline such as Nigeria... Many of them will also seek to migrate from their country.

What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Aftermath Of The Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island / British-Nigerian Girls Try To Speak Yoruba / I Need Help In Abidjan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.