Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine (563 Views)

Ghana Rejects Accusations By Nigeria, Moves For Diplomatic Engagements / Living In Fear Of Abba Kyari By Tunji Ajibade / Lagos Policemen In Fear Over CP Alleged Fight Back, Hand-pick Posting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 8:36am On Feb 27, 2022
There is something that needs to be made clear, Nigerians don't ever like to take responsibility for anything but shift the blame to someone else.

There had been emotional blackmail by a great majority of Nigerians stranded in Ukraine but this had been inspired by the impact of fear not common sense.

It is silly for Nigerians in Ukraine to expect same treatment in the Poland border with Ukrainians and instead of looking at the issues objectively we try to bring up the subject of racism blaming everyone else but ourselves. Tell me then why our government won't play with our lives, freedom and sanity. Nigerians are not treated as priority in the Poland bother for the following reason.

1. The window for escape right now is for Ukrainians: Sensible countries evacuated their citizens and even private individuals were adviced to seek private exit over a week ago, the Nigerian government nor student did not bother to take concrete steps the right place you should all flock to is the Nigerian embassy not Poland bother.

2. Nigerians are not the Target so I don't see why they should be given Priority in the borders: We all know that Putin have no interest in Killing Nigerians if it happens it should be an error and promptly explained, what they could do is to gather themselves around the Poland border and build a camp shielded with lots of Nigerian flags, if Putins men attack it, they should have explanation or we fish out the small numbers of Russians here in Nigeria and use them for toast.

3. It is harder for you to pass as Ukrainians becuase of your skin color however it is not racism it is visibility here: Other white race can pass the border as Ukrainians that's where you try to tag it racism, don't export your Nigerian attitude to Ukraine, "if it worked for me, it is called connection, if it didn't work it is called corruption", unfortunately your skin had given you up, most of you could have been speaking Ukraine by now and passing for Ukrainians, trust us to that.

4. You have Ukrainian Visa Not Poland: Don't think you can use the backdoor to enter Poland, some of you would enter poland and disappear, we need to be sincere in peace time so we can find favour at other times, if you get into Poland especially for non student, the chances of you boarding flight back to Nigeria is very slim neither would you remain in Refugee camp, before you know it, "Emeka had called Ademola and Yusuf make them go hustle small for Warsaw plus chase polish women for green card".

My heart is with Nigerians stranded in Ukraine, I know how terrifying it could all be however the dignified options here are

1. Be vigilant and always have your Nigerian flag and be quick to identify as Nigerian

2. Flood the Nigerian embassy, there could only be chances of mistaken missile hit so stay close to a cover

3. Gather Nigerians together and build a camp you are not the target.

4. Volunteer to join Ukraine in the fight,

5. Stay back in Ukraine safer territories.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:43am On Feb 27, 2022
I love this.. aptly put.. thanks for explaining to those who can't think but very quick to cry racism cos of their skin color.. kiss
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by motymop: 8:47am On Feb 27, 2022
Nonsense.

Brazilian and Indians are allowed to pass through polish border even without polish visas but not Nigerians.

Lot of foreigners are now in Poland and here you are typing nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 8:54am On Feb 27, 2022
motymop:
Nonsense.

Brazilian and Indians are allowed to pass through polish border but not Nigerians
I'm not talking to Brazilians and Indians, I'm talking to Nigerians, put Preasure in Abuja not in Warsaw or Kyiv, however if it makes you feel better, change your country of origin to Brazil or India abi, cyber cafe where you can manipulate your data no dey around, instead of looking at the problem you are looking at why the other person and not me, let Ukrainians get to Poland, it is a crime if you deny those in most need of shelter just to make a good look to foreigners, Ukrainians are the target, if you are brave enough you can wave your Nigerian flag and go greet some Russian soldiers, Nigeria is not at war head back home in time, in case of another time.
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by motymop: 9:01am On Feb 27, 2022
AlexBells:

I'm not talking to Brazilians and Indians, I'm talking to Nigerians, put Preasure in Abuja not in Warsaw or Kyiv, however if it makes you feel better, change your country of origin to Brazil or India abi, cyber cafe where you can manipulate your data no dey around, instead of looking at the problem you are looking at why the other person and not me, let Ukrainians get to Poland, it is a crime if you deny those in most need of shelter just to make a good look to foreigners, Ukrainians are the target, if you are brave enough you can wave your Nigerian flag and go greet some Russian soldiers, Nigeria is not at war head back home in time, in case of another time.

Your arguement does not make sense because

1. The Nigerian government wrote that they wil evacuate Nigerian citizens stranded in war-hit Ukraine through the Nigerian Embassy in Warsaw, Poland.

2. Everyone died during war, didn't you hear the news of 6 greeks that died during this war? Infact there is a curfew in kiev, the mayor of kiev said ANYONE, seen on the streets during the curfew will be regarded as a Russian saboteur.

3. It is the responsibility of your host country to support any evacuation plans by another country during a crisis period.

4. Almost all embassies in Ukraine are evacuating their citizens through poland

5. Nigerians citizens in Ukraine border with poland are suppose to be treated with dignity.

6. It is dumb to stay in a country that is being attacked, what are you going to eat, where are you going to sleep
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 9:11am On Feb 27, 2022
motymop:

Your arguement does not make sense because

1. The Nigerian government wrote that they wil evacuate Nigerian citizens stranded in war-hit Ukraine through the Nigerian Embassy in Warsaw, Poland.

2. Everyone died during war, didn't you hear the news of 6 greeks that died during this war?

3. It is the responsibility of your host country to support any evacuation plans by another country during a crisis period.

4. Almost all embassies in Ukraine are evacuating their citizens through poland

5. Nigerians citizens in Ukraine border with poland are suppose to be treated with dignity.

6. It is dumb to stay in a country that is being attacked, what are you going to eat, where are you going to sleep
Are you not saying the same thing, Nigerian government said they should head to Poland, then put pressure in Abuja why had Polish authorities not respected that aspect, why didn't Nigeria (both student and government) evacuate earlier, under what arrangements are Nigerians entering Poland, does Poland and Nigeria have sort of free Visa,

Perhaps Poland lifted Visa regulations for Ukraine or they had some prior visa arrangements why would Nigeria abuse it, the right track for Nigeria to enter Poland is through a Visa, which you could get in Nigeria or some other means, stop feeling entitled, Poland don't owe you a pass through their porous border but through official means. That Nigeria government said you should head to Poland does not give you right to abuse the process, even in the face of death there should be dignity I guess, if it is based on emotions, NATO could have declared war on Russia

I don't know of the bilateral relationship between Nigeria and Poland for Nigerians to enter Poland anyhow and by anyway, if at all you are given a privilege, don't abuse it nor blackmail
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by kettykin: 9:15am On Feb 27, 2022
It seems Nigerians still don't understand how the world sees them
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by motymop: 9:21am On Feb 27, 2022
AlexBells:

Are you not saying the same thing, Nigerian government said they should head to Poland, then put pressure in Abuja why had Polish authorities not respected that aspect, why didn't Nigeria (both student and government) evacuate earlier, under what arrangements are Nigerians entering Poland, does Poland and Nigeria have sort of free Visa,

Perhaps Poland lifted Visa regulations for Ukraine or they had some prior visa arrangements why would Nigeria abuse it, the right track for Nigeria to enter Poland is through a Visa, which you could get in Nigeria or some other means, stop feeling entitled, Poland don't owe you a pass through their porous border but through official means. That Nigeria government said you should head to Poland does not give you right to abuse the process, even in the face of death there should be dignity I guess, if it is based on emotions, NATO could have declared war on Russia

I don't know of the bilateral relationship between Nigeria and Poland for Nigerians to enter Poland anyhow and by anyway, if at all you are given a privilege, don't abuse it nor blackmail

Does Poland has any visa free for Indians, Brazilians and other non European countries?

Where are you going to get polish visa during a war. Who looks for visa during a war.

Didn't you hear in the news that almost all embassies have evacuated their staffs from poland.

And where did you read that Nigerians abused the process, they simply obeyed the directive of their Nigerian foreign affairs and the local embassy.

If your life was at stake in a war torn country, so you should stay put and not run to safety.
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 9:24am On Feb 27, 2022
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by helinues: 9:27am On Feb 27, 2022
Nigerians are not the Target so I don't see why they should be given Priority in the borders

So the Russian army are asking which nationalities they are before shooting or launching rockets?
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 9:27am On Feb 27, 2022
motymop:

Does Poland has any visa free for Indians, Brazilians and other non European countries?

Where are you going to get polish visa during a war. Who looks for visa during a war.

Didn't you hear in the news that almost all embassies have evacuated their staffs from poland.

And where did you read that Nigerians abused the process, they simply obeyed the directive of their Nigerian foreign affairs and the local embassy.

If your life was at stake in a war torn country, so you should stay put and not run to safety.

Question Number 1: Does India and Brazil have prior arrangements with Poland: Answer: That's none of your damn business nor mine, they could be under moral obligations, focus on your country.

Where do you get Visa in wartime ? ANSWER: During Peace time

And where did I read Nigerians abused the process: Do I really need to read it while you are here justifying it

If My life was at stake in a war torn country, first I will put my life out of the stake earlier however if it was still at stake and war start, I follow my fate and take my life in my hands then avoid the stake
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 9:30am On Feb 27, 2022
helinues:

So the Russian army are asking which nationalities they are before shooting or launching rockets?

Yes the Russian army does ask however the bullet nor the missiles don't, that's why it is good to put pressure on your country before the bullets begin to fly, I'm not saying that the experience is great but we should take responsibilities, especially our government
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by helinues: 9:32am On Feb 27, 2022
AlexBells:

Yes the Russian army does ask however the bullet nor the missiles don't, that's why it is good to put pressure on your country before the bullets begin to fly, I'm not saying that the experience is great but we should take responsibilities, especially our government

Was there any evacuation from any government in Ukraine?

@ emboldened, you should know NL discussion is not newspaper stand discussion
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 9:34am On Feb 27, 2022
helinues:

How do you evacuate citizens from their own country, they are refugees now wherever they are evacuated to they become refugees, their home is on fire, Nigerians home is not on fire, so Nigeria is supposed to evacuate their citizens
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by motymop: 9:36am On Feb 27, 2022
AlexBells:

Question Number 1: Does Nigeria India and Brazil have prior arrangements with Poland: Answer: That's none of your damn business nor mine, they could be under moral obligations, focus on your country.

You made no point. You are just an emotional person

The world follow international laws and not what you think emotionally.

There is the UN convention for refugees, as far as the UN is concerned, they are refugees and they are expected to be allowed into poland, taken to a camp and provided food until they are evacuated by their home country
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 9:36am On Feb 27, 2022
helinues:

@ emboldened, you should know NL discussion is not newspaper stand discussion
At the bolded, The Russians both the government and Army ask, so why haven't they launched a missile in one of the foreign embassies in Ukraine, Nigerians should head to the Nigerian embassy in Ukraine and pull it down thats the sensible thing to do, if the embassy is useless then it need not stand
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 9:38am On Feb 27, 2022
motymop:

You made no point. You are just an emotional person

The world follow international laws and not what you think emotionally.

There is the UN convention for refugees, as far as the UN is concerned, they are refugees and they are expected to be allowed into poland, taken to a camp and provided food until they are evacuated by their home country
Refugees, however there's not enough space in the camps and I don't see why Ukrainian should not be the priority if we apply common sense and not emotions
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by helinues: 9:44am On Feb 27, 2022
AlexBells:

At the bolded, The Russians both the government and Army ask, so why haven't they launched a missile in one of the foreign embassies in Ukraine, Nigerians should head to the Nigerian embassy in Ukraine and pull it down thats the sensible thing to do, if the embassy is useless then it need not stand

Firstly, you did not answer my question,

Again, @ emboldened, are you saying Russian citizens that are residing in Ukraine have not been hit by bullets or rockets?

And lastly, why should the Nigerians in Ukraine head to Nigeria embassy and create more nuisance? So there blind people was waiting for people to tell them it's raining? Would there even be any Nigeria officials at the embassy when they must have either be out of Ukraine or hiding in one Bunker.

You don't climb a tree in search of fish.
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by motymop: 9:52am On Feb 27, 2022
AlexBells:

Refugees, however there's not enough space in the camps and I don't see why Ukrainian should not be the priority if we apply common sense and not emotions

Are you in the camp?

There is nothing like Ukrainians need to be the priority.

The UN convention and charter protects every foreign citizen in a war torn country. They have the right to follow evacuation plans by their country and be protected as a refugee in another country.

When you enter another country just like how lot of foreign nationals are entering poland, you are taken into a camp, proper documentation and finger prints taken and then your embassies will be contacted. That is how it work. Also that is what will happen to Ukrainians, they will be documented and put into a camp.

The idea that Nigerians will enter poland and then run away is ludicrous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 9:59am On Feb 27, 2022
motymop:

Are you in the camp?

There is nothing like Ukrainians need to be the priority.

The UN convention and charter protects every foreign citizen in a war torn country. They have the right to follow evacuation plans by their country and be protected as a refugee in another country.

When you enter another country just like how lot of foreign nationals are entering poland, you are taken into a camp and proper documentation will be taken and your embassies will be contacted. That is how it work.

The idea that Nigerians will enter poland and then run away is ludicrous.

So the case now are you blaming UN or Poland or Nigeria, Poland is a sovereign state which MUST not be bound by UN protocols, so you Nigerians in this case refused earlier evacuation just to abuse the UN provisions, why do you expect a free pass to Poland and Yes, not all Nigerians would escape the refugee camp but many will try to escape into Poland until the fate of Ukraine is settled, there is no base for emotions here, be sincere, you in particular, if you make it to Poland, would you come back to Nigeria willingly
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 10:03am On Feb 27, 2022
helinues:

Again, @ emboldened, are you saying Russian citizens that are residing in Ukraine have not been hit by bullets or rockets?

And lastly, why should the Nigerians in Ukraine head to Nigeria embassy and create more nuisance? So there blind people was waiting for people to tell them it's raining? Would there even be any Nigeria officials at the embassy when they must have either be out of Ukraine or hiding in one Bunker.

Don't it look somehow when you turn around and say exactly what I'm saying, so you know that going to the embassy at this point would constitute nuisance, yet that the right thing to do, don't ever give excuse to your own failure, you don't want to constitute nuisance to your own embassy but wish to do same in another country's border, on the worst case scenario, Nigeria can still enter Ukraine, send aid with a cargo plane and airlift Nigerians along, ten cargo planes are all it will take to airlift 4 thousand Nigerians stranded in Ukraine right now

If there's Russians hit by bullet it is Russian and Ukrainian business, my interest is in Nigerians
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by motymop: 10:15am On Feb 27, 2022
AlexBells:

So the case now are you blaming UN or Poland or Nigeria, Poland is a sovereign state which MUST not be bound by UN protocols, so you Nigerians in this case refused earlier evacuation just to abuse the UN provisions, why do you expect a free pass to Poland and Yes, not all Nigerians would escape the refugee camp but many will try to escape into Poland until the fate of Ukraine is settled, there is no base for emotions here, be sincere, you in particular, if you make it to Poland, would you come back to Nigeria willingly

I have been wasting my time arguing with you. You know nothing of international laws.

Poland is a member of UN and a signatory to UN and geneva convention for the protection of refugees and victims of war.

As i have explained, once a refugee enters poland, whether they are Ukrainian or non Ukrainian, they are taken to a camp and the process of documentation takes place and there embassies contacted.

You can't leave the camp, it is guarded 24/7, you can't integrate with locals until an approval is granted.
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by AlexBells(m): 10:24am On Feb 27, 2022
motymop:

I have been wasting my time arguing with you. You know nothing of international laws.

Poland is a member of UN and a signatory to UN and geneva convention for the protection of refugees and victims of war.

As i have explained, once a refugee enters poland, whether they are Ukrainian or non Ukrainian, they are taken to a camp and the process of documentation takes place and there embassies contacted.

You can't leave the camp, it is guarded 24/7, you can't integrate with locals until an approval is granted.

Since you know so much about international politics, is Russia also not a member of UN,

Whatever you say, I support that Ukrainians are priority here, and they had done the right thing, what I expect you to do is to start a protest here in Nigeria not make racist noise
Re: Common Sense In Fear: The Case Of The Racist Accusations By Nigerians In Ukraine by 1835f: 7:10am On Feb 28, 2022
[s]
helinues:

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: President Buhari Receives Ambassador Of State Qatar In Asorock / VIDEO: Bloodbath As Gunmen Kidnap Veritas Varsity Professor, Others In Benue / PDP Clears Ozigbo, Oduah, Others For Anambra Senatorial Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.