Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Excess Fuel Consumption - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Excess Fuel Consumption (405 Views)

Cars With Low Fuel Consumption In Nigeria / These Are 7 Possible Reasons Why Your Car Is Consuming Excess Fuel / Please Suggest Jeep That Less Fuel Consumption And Economical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excess Fuel Consumption by vacettetommy(m): 1:42pm On Feb 27, 2022
Good day everyone, my car is guzzling fuel so I decide to take it to an auto technician and get it scanned, error code for downstream O2 sensor pop up and we brought it out to test with a multimeter but eventually discovered it’s not working. I purchased another one which we tested and fixed back to the car and clear the error code. Behold after driving for 50km the engine light popped up again and I became curious, I scanned again and got error code P0420 and I was told the cat is bad. We removed and discovered it’s blown truly and I bought another one to replace and cleared the error message. Behold the high fuel consumption persists. I really need help from auto gurus on this platform. The car is Toyota Matrix 04 and with my estimation with the ODO I could realize it’s consuming 1ltr for 7km against 10-12 recommended pls help. My location is abuja.

cc@sienna, @Ikenna351

Re: Excess Fuel Consumption by vacettetommy(m): 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
vacettetommy:
Good day everyone, my car is guzzling fuel so I decide to take it to an auto technician and get it scanned, error code for downstream O2 sensor pop up and we brought it out to test with a multimeter but eventually discovered it’s not working. I purchased another one which we tested and fixed back to the car and clear the error code. Behold after driving for 50km the engine light popped up again and I became curious, I scanned again and got error code P0420 and I was told the cat is bad. We removed and discovered it’s blown truly and I bought another one to replace and cleared the error message. Behold the high fuel consumption persists. I really need help from auto gurus on this platform. The car is Toyota Matrix 04 and with my estimation with the ODO I could realize it’s consuming 1ltr for 7km against 10-12 recommended pls help. My location is abuja.

cc@sienna, Ikenna351
Re: Excess Fuel Consumption by vacettetommy(m): 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
I
Re: Excess Fuel Consumption by hidee20(m): 7:22am On Jul 22, 2022
vacettetommy:

cc@sienna, @Ikenna351

Good morning bro. Please I'm having this same issue, have you been able to resolve it?. If yes, please what did you do?. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Highlander 05 For Sale / Super Clean 2006 Toyota Solara Convertible Tokunbo @N2.3m Negotiable(SOLD) / Be On The Lookout Cars Stolen In Canada Ending In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.