Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land (2256 Views)

Welcome To The Beautiful Town Of Nri, Anambra State (Video) / This Is Nri Anambra - See The Consequences Of SE Low IGR / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by OyiboUgbo04: 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2022
Ever been to Nri before? Am sure most of you have heard of this Community. The ancient religious capital of Igbo Land.. This is what Nri looks like in 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6kSLiVZrX0
Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by OyiboUgbo04: 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nri

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by OyiboUgbo04: 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
Agukwu Nri

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by OyiboUgbo04: 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
Aerial View Of Nri

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by uzohrome(m): 4:12pm On Feb 27, 2022
The background song is directly from our cultural heritage, Igbos are culturally homogeneous. NRI is a very nice place and extremely religious. Biafra or nothing

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by EagleNest(m): 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
Looks beautiful wink

7 Likes

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2022
It appears that there is serious wealth in that town!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Ofodirinwa: 4:29pm On Feb 27, 2022
GenBuhari:
It appears that there is serious wealth in that town!

This is how all Igbo villages look. The channel that's posting this video has been presenting different places and I'm yet to see anything subpar. I have said that the SE is the best part of Nigeria and it's only a matter of time that others find out.

16 Likes

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2022
Yes, most villages I know in Anambra state has those huge palatial mansions everywhere and some of them are even empty.
Ofodirinwa:

This is how all Igbo villages look. The channel that's posting this video has been presenting different places and I'm yet to see anything subpar. I have said that the SE is the best part of Nigeria and it's only a matter of time that others find out.

1 Like

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Ibadanpikin: 6:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
Igbos and mansions is like ibadan and brown roofs.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by BKayy: 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
The best city in Nigeria. This is what the cradle of black civilisation looks like not some people disguising their poverty with the word "ancient".
Quote me anywhere.

PS:For the record, I didn't mention Ibadan and Ile Ife

5 Likes

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
The reason Anambra is the best state in South East

1.It was closer to South West than other igboland before splitting of Midwest
2.Many of the Anambra are of Bini ancestry, Obi of onitsha, azikwe
3. Igala and Bini with little Yoruba (ife) are the brain behind the beautiful Anambra
4. Anambra witness Yoruba and Bini great culture and pass it to other igbo states
5. If there is no Anambra, igbo land will be competing with Somalia

God bless anambra

1 Like

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by BKayy: 8:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
[s]
SlyDev:

3. Igala and Bini with little Yoruba (ife) are the brain behind the beautiful Anambra
4. Anambra witness Yoruba and Bini great culture and pass it to other igbo states

God bless anambra
[/s]
I can feel your pain.
Everybody wants to associate with success, even Yorubas are not exempted for trying to link themselves to the great Ndigbo even if it means typing the Shameless gibberish you just did

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Emyogalanya: 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2022
NRI-ji-ovor igbo

1 Like

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by ChangedMan1999(m): 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2022
SlyDev:

God bless anambra

Keep on consoling yourself.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Theagnosticdude: 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
Whenever you take a look at any Igbo town, from the magnificent buildings, you will notice the enterprising and the progressive nature of the people. However, one will also notice a complete absence of government by taking a view of the towns. We are doing our best but our government is failing us. Imagine how beautiful this town would have been if it was properly planned by the government before individuals bought up the lands and built it up. I mean, by taking look at its view, one could see palatial mansions but no roads or at least interconnecting streets arranged in an orderly manner. If a village is well-planned with streets and buildings arranged in an orderly manner, it is just a matter if time before the town/village transforms to a city. But when the planning is not there, future transition of the town/village to a city becomes very difficult.
Nnewi is the way it is today because government did not put any urban planning in place before individuals bought up the land. Our state governments really need to sit up and do something about this

7 Likes

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by IgweOfNnewi: 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hehehehehe but you are all in the south west and north constituting nuisance over there, just imagine, you have mansions yet when the northern youths sent you packing your elders with their red faded caps and worthless walking sticks were begging like a vagabonds and destitute that have no purpose, what an irony.

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by IGBOSON1: 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
Lovely looking villa. Spending Christmas here will be sweet.

5 Likes

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by blackpanda: 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
Biafra coven grin
Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by IGBOSON1: 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2022
Theagnosticdude:
Whenever you take a look at any Igbo town, from the magnificent buildings, you will notice the enterprising and the progressive nature of the people. However, one will also notice a complete absence of government by taking a view of the towns. We are doing our best but our government is failing us. Imagine how beautiful this town would have been if it was properly planned by the government before individuals bought up the lands and built it up. I mean, by taking look at its view, one could see palatial mansions but no roads or at least interconnecting streets arranged in an orderly manner. If a village is well-planned with streets and buildings arranged in an orderly manner, it is just a matter if time before the town/village transforms to a city. But when the planning is not there, future transition of the town/village to a city becomes very difficult.
Nnewi is the way it is today because government did not put any urban planning in place before individuals bought up the land. Our state governments really need to sit up and do something about this

Spot on! This has always been my argument. Our state gov'ts seem to think that because it's the villa, then people can buy up land and build in an unplanned willy-nilly fashion! This equally begs the question as to what exactly the LGs are there for....that is, besides collecting all manner of levies and taxes?

Oguta has tried though, as their own streets are largely planned and laid out in a grid fashion.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by IGBOSON1: 10:28pm On Feb 27, 2022
Never knew Nri had this much wealth in it. You don't normally hear them talk of Nri when wealthy Anambra villas are being mentioned.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Proudlyomonna: 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2022
IgweOfNnewi:
Hehehehehe but you are all in the south west and north constituting nuisance over there, just imagine, you have mansions yet when the northern youths sent you packing your elders with their red faded caps and worthless walking sticks were begging like a vagabonds and destitute that have no purpose, what an irony.

You don reach here��
You no dey use dis tribal gbasgbos calling wey you get play at all oo ��

5 Likes

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by AchalugoNwa(f): 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2022
[s]
SlyDev:

God bless anambra
[/s]
lol even your fellow Yorubas will be soo ashamed of you and how you're always scared and insecure about igbos.
chaiiii I don't envy you at all.
it must suck seeing igbos progress everyday and the best tribe in Africa.

Btw
why do this hate only comes from yoruba Muslims.
I've carefully observed yoruba very well and see that there two tribes that form Yoruba.
Yoruba Muslims and real original Yorubas.
the real yoruba people are not hateful, they're hardworking and calm.
I have them here living closer to me.
Tunde tailor is very cool guy
Adebayor
moses
Dayo.
Motunrayo
sweet yemisi
Dan
Bolawa
and many of them living around me.

these people are so cool and friendly.
but one thing they all share in common is that they're all Christians (real yorubas)
go to alaba, trade fair and all markets in lagos, you'll real real omoluabis doing business with igbos learning from them and competing with them (healthy competition)

But the ones that hates igbos are yoruba Muslims and 98% of them are Tinubu urchins.
they hate igbos for nothing apart from jealousy.
they hate seeing igbos succeed because they're lazy and mostly touts and omoniles.
they're supporting Tinubu because they think that Tinubu will drive away igbos from Lagos so that their lazy ass will take over their properties.
I've never seen such a lazy people in my life.
they hate progress.

Even real omoluabis hates Tinubu urchins.
don't worry we igbos and other Nigerians including real Yorubas will disgrace Tinubu.

Tinubu urchins are not real yoruba but immigrants from futa jalon that settled in south west

Hehehehehehe

7 Likes

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Theagnosticdude: 5:26am On Feb 28, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Oguta has tried though, as their own streets are largely planned and laid out in a grid fashion.

Yes. I think Abiriba is also there

1 Like

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Ibadanpikin: 5:45am On Feb 28, 2022
IgweOfNnewi:
Igbos are not the cause of your wretchedness in life.SKULL MINER

1 Like

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by IgweOfNnewi: 7:49am On Feb 28, 2022
Ibadanpikin:
Igbos are not the cause of your wretchedness in life.SKULL MINER
Wretchedness? you think you are talking to your parents.

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Ofodirinwa: 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2022
Theagnosticdude:

Yes. I think Abiriba is also there

Abiriba is about 90% Mansions at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kSRPDjmqKU

1 Like

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by collagiatepaper: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2022
Anambra countrysides are the most developed in igboland.

OyiboUgbo04:
Ever been to Nri before? Am sure most of you have heard of this Community. The ancient religious capital of Igbo Land.. This is what Nri looks like in 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6kSLiVZrX0

1 Like

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Tomek09(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
Ibadanpikin:
Igbos and mansions is like ibadan and brown roofs.
I think Ibadan brown roof is because of Yoruba ancient civilization which forbids them from renovating or modernizing those old houses. It's justifiable shaa

1 Like

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by Tomek09(m): 5:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
[s]
IgweOfNnewi:
Wretchedness? you think you are talking to your parents.
[/s]
Everything about you is hate and bitterness. Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: This Is Nri, Anambra State: Ancient Religious Capital Of Igbo Land by gentiles(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2022
SlyDev:

God bless anambra
Try and have sense, stop disgracing your tribe. Look at the aerial view of a village in south east, this is far better than the aerial view of what you call cities in south west. This hould be a source of concern to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization / BREAKING!!! NDLEA Arraigns Fbi-wanted Supercop, Abba Kyari In Court (photos) / The Preferred And Annointed Candidate Of Hausa-fulani Oligarchs Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.