Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

I'm Buying A Laptop, What Should I Look Out For? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I'm Buying A Laptop, What Should I Look Out For? (558 Views)

I Need An HP Laptop, What Price Are You Offering..?? / Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Buying A Laptop, What Should I Look Out For? by DAVECENA(m): 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hello landers, please I'm getting a system for the first time and i don't intend using it for something tedious. What brand will you recommend for me? Preferably 4-6Gb Ram, i3 core or dual with a long lasting battery and not less than 250Gb Rom with a budget of 50-60k??

What else should i look out for
Re: I'm Buying A Laptop, What Should I Look Out For? by Tmberwolf1: 8:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
60k? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Buying A Laptop, What Should I Look Out For? by udemzyudex(m): 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
DAVECENA:
Hello landers, please I'm getting a system for the first time and i don't intend using it for something tedious. What brand will you recommend for me? Preferably 4-6Gb Ram, i3 core or dual with a long lasting battery and not less than 250Gb Rom with a budget of 50-60k??

It will be difficult to get a core i3 for 60k unless you get it from an end user who want to sell.

For what you should look out for, check the screen, close and open it to make sure it is not flickering,no White dots on the screen and also confirm the charging,make sure it increases then unplug the charger and play movie or song for some minutes to see how fast the battery drops.

If it comes with a DVD drive,put DVD plate and see how fast it is detected.
Confirm all USB ports are charging and seeing the phone files.

Check wireless connection, check sounds to make sure speakers are working fine and not burst.
Confirm all keyboard keys,if it comes with a webcam, confirm the camera.

Test for like 30mins before paying (play movies)
If anything is wrong,it's likely it will shutdown in 30mins.

1 Like

Re: I'm Buying A Laptop, What Should I Look Out For? by internationalman(m): 9:12pm On Feb 27, 2022
Strong battery.. you know we are in the kingdom of darkness

2 Likes

Re: I'm Buying A Laptop, What Should I Look Out For? by DAVECENA(m): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2022
udemzyudex:

It will be difficult to get a core i3 for 60k unless you get it from an end user who want to sell.

For what you should look out for, check the screen, close and open it to make sure it is not flickering,no White dots on the screen and also confirm the charging,make sure it increases then unplug the charger and play movie or song for some minutes to see how fast the battery drops.

If it comes with a DVD drive,put DVD plate and see how fast it is detected.
Confirm all USB ports are charging and seeing the phone files.

Check wireless connection, check sounds to make sure speakers are working fine and not burst.
Confirm all keyboard keys,if it comes with a webcam, confirm the camera.

Test for like 30mins before paying (play movies)
If anything is wrong,it's likely it will shutdown in 30mins.

Many thanks boss. If I'm basically browsing and nothing too serious, will i be having any form of issues using a dual core? And what's the difference between using a windows 7 and 10, any restrictions?
Re: I'm Buying A Laptop, What Should I Look Out For? by JoshuaAkinmi(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2022
DAVECENA:

Basic details
brands : Dell
model : Latitude E5410
type : notebook
processor :core i5
installed os: 64-bit windows 10pro
supported os : window 10,64-bit
storage capacity : 320gb
max. storage : 2tb
ram: 4gb
max. ram upgrade : 16gb
battery: excellent, last at an average of 4-6 hour.
price: 65k only.
payment before delivery outside lagos. Payment on delivery within lagos. Transportation fee will be payed before delivery
displayed properies
screensize : 15.6inches
resolution : 1366 × 768
graphics type : intel graphics
total available graphic memory : 2gb
dedicated video memory : 1.7gb
shared system memory : 2gb
special features
wifi
dvd/cd rom
usb ports ➕ memorycard reader
webcam
vga

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

It Is Possible For Photograph On A Site Be Blocked To A Country / Who Can Explain The Va Neuman Architecture? / Surf The Web Using Your Phone Connected To Your Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.