Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. (2776 Views)

"No Peace Un­til Rus­sia’s Goals In Ukraine Are Achieved", Says President Putin / How Putin Has Amassed A Staggering 6 Thousand Nuclear Weapons / Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by alizma: 9:44am On Feb 28, 2022
Walkee:
that's for USA and EU. Before the invasion, he said that if any European or US government tries to interfere militarily that nobody will even have time to blink, nobody will survive and there will be no winners. I don't think you people followed these events leading to this moment
I knew you were going to go that way that was why I gave you two situations, Kindly attend the second question.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by twosquare(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2022
jmoore:

Bla bla bla bla!!! Same lame excuses.
It's the truth o...terrains matter a lot in warfare...and it appears that of Ukraine is more of plain land...easy for tanks and machineries.

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 28, 2022
Walkee:
lol. I've been following this operation from the very first minute. You have zero idea what you are talking about. No paratrooper landed on a building, there's not single picture of a destroyed ilyshin-76. There are lots of pictures of destroyed fighter jets, yes but not a single picture of ilyshin-76 which they claimed they destroyed.
Ukraine are even uploading videos from Syria, Libya and video games for propaganda and morale.

I do not know why some of your like arguing, please go to twitter and see eyewitnesses posting.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 9:54am On Feb 28, 2022
alizma:

I knew you were going to go that way that was why I gave you two situations, Kindly attend the second question.
1. You and I wasn't having any prior conversation. I just saw your post and responded.
2. Ukraine are at home, they don't necessarily need transport they mobilise and mount defence so it is natural for them to destroy Russian motorised artilleries.
Do you even understand? You are at home, I'm coming to meet you in your house, who is supposed to be driving motor?
3. Majority of Ukrainian artilleries were destroyed by missiles right in their warehouses in the first 1 hour of the operation
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by HelpYourself(m): 9:59am On Feb 28, 2022
Goodmarlian:
grin grin
While they are all focused on Kiev ,Separatist have expanded their territory by 51 kilometers,they don't make noise on Twitter or CNN,that territory will never be regained no matter what,Putin has outsmarted the west Ukraine will soon be reduced to the size of switzerland,tzan zu says "let you plans be as dark as the night and when you strike strike like a thunderbolt".

By their words you know them. The servants of Lucifer. They fantasize of his coming and hate God the father with their hearts. They praise evil and enjoy the pain and suffering of others ..

The end time has come and their true form shall be shown to the world.

This is one of them...
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 10:00am On Feb 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

I do not know why some of your like arguing, please go to twitter and see eyewitnesses posting.
I told you I have been following the operations since the very first minute. Where did you think I was following it from?
I follow updates from both Russia leaning and Ukraine leaning accounts. When one posts a fake news (which is just too rampant on the Ukraine side) the other side debunk it by posting evidence. That's how you get accurate info not by relying on propaganda from one side that's notorious for lies just to get donations and boost the morale of her troops.

Send me a link with video evidence of a destroyed Russian plane (not fighter jet). If you are able to do that, I will deactivate this account right now

2 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 28, 2022
Walkee:
I told .

Send me a link with video evidence of a destroyed Russian plane (not fighter jet). If you are able to do that, I will deactivate this account right now

Please what do you mean by not fighterjet?
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 10:10am On Feb 28, 2022
ba7man:
If it was so easy for Putin, why has he been unable to take Kyiv for 3 days now? His supply convoys are being intetcepted, destroying fuel and arms supplies.

Russia's old school mentality of displaying your millitary might and weapons in full force to intimidate Ukraine has been his downfall so far. That makes them sitting ducks to Turkish drone strikes operated by Ukraine.

The Chechen special forces were supposed to parachute down into Kyiv for a suprise attack but NATO leaks the info and their plane gets shot down and crashlands before the battle even starts.

Russia hasn't faced a modern millitary in recent years and if they try this trash with the US, Reaper drones will rain hellfire on all their positions without them coming in contact with 1 single American troop.

They might eventually overwhelm Ukraine with sheer numbers but the Russian war machine seems overated.

the problem here is that you people easily fall for Ukrainian propaganda and lies which is being coordinated by CIA and Mi6 which are the mother of all lies and propaganda. The chechens you claimed got shot down weren't even on the move yet when they Ukrainians claimed they defeated them.
They started preparing for battle yesterday evening. Take a look at this video you can see that it's now they are wrapping their arms with tapes which means they haven't even been involved in battle yet

https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1498002858733719558?t=BmUwJKrpI0XiUauKqSELiw&s=19

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 10:20am On Feb 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

Please what do you mean by not fighterjet?
Su-27 is a fighter jet with one pilot, they normally fly close to the ground in order to shoot at targets. If a soldier gives you Nlaw or javelin, you, I mean you BritishNaija can shoot down this jet. All you need to do is aim if you are able to lock you pull the trigger and the rocket will start following this jet about until it hits it. Some Ukrainians soldiers have destroyed these jets no question.

2. Ilyshin-76 this is a plane that carries lots of paratroopers (soldiers that will jump down from this plane and land with parachute)
This one is way bigger than the fighter jet and it flies very high in the sky. You can't bring this down with Nlaw or javelin. The Ukrainians claimed they have destroyed two of these with close to 300 soldiers on board. I'm telling you to show me evidence for the destroyed plane.

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 28, 2022
Walkee:

Su-27 is a fighter jet with one pilot, they normally fly close to the ground in order to shoot at targets. If a soldier gives you Nlaw or javelin, you, I mean you BritishNaija can shoot down this jet. All you need to do is aim if you are able to lock you pull the trigger and the rocket will start following this jet about until it hits it. Some Ukrainians soldiers have destroyed these jets no question.

2. Ilyshin-76 this is a plane that carries lots of paratroopers (soldiers that will jump down from this plane and land with parachute)
This one is way bigger than the fighter jet and it flies very high in the sky. You can't bring this down with Nlaw or javelin. The Ukrainians claimed they have destroyed two of these with close to 300 soldiers on board. I'm telling you to show me evidence for the destroyed plane.

First of all, Ukraine posseses Anti aircraft air defence System that can knock out Ily-76 and other aircraft that flys far Higher than it.
Again the Su-27 flys Higher than the Ily-76.

Another mistake you made, for the Ily-76 to discharge troops, it must Come below 10,000 ft and slow down below 300knots, which makes it Very vulnerable to MANPADs.

Again, I will search again for the video from twitter as I do not save, but just watch.

You should also know this is War and most people are indoor and this is not Paparazzi.

The biggest Aircraft in the world have been destroyed by russian, it has been confirmed but no access yet to go and take the pictures.

As soon as I get the pictures, or videos, I do post, I do not subscribe to propagandas But facs
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Simeonjoe1: 10:47am On Feb 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

First of all, Ukraine posseses Anti aircraft air defence System that can knock out Ily-76 and other aircraft that flys far Higher than it.

Another mistake you made, for the Ily-76 to discharge troops, it must Come below 10,000 ft and slow down below 300knots, which makes it Very vulnerable to MANPADs.

Again, I will search again for the video from twitter as I do not save, but just watch.

You should also know this is War and most people are indoor and this is not Paparazzi.

The biggest Aircraft in the world have been destroyed by russian, it has been confirmed but no access yet to go and take the pictures.

As soon as I get the pictures, or videos, I do post, I do not subscribe to propagandas But facs

He's right there's no video or evidence suggesting the downing of those planes so you can't find that anywhere. Others videos have surfaced about other fighter aircraft and attack helicopters but that particular transport plane downing is false and just mere media propaganda

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 28, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

He's right there's no video or evidence suggesting the downing of those planes so you can't find that anywhere. Others videos have surfaced about other fighter aircraft and attack helicopters but that particular transport plane downing is false and just mere media propaganda

Its not.a propaganda, I in perticular saw a video of russian paratrooper that was so disoriented and landed on residential building, I told him that and he did not believe, I think I will be saving videos hencefort.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 11:08am On Feb 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

no su-27 does not fly higher than ilyshin-76 during operation. It would during stunts etc but during combat it flies very low.
Ukraine don't have air defence anymore, it was destroyed the first few hours of the operation.
I will wait for you to provide the evidence of the downed ilyushin-76

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Simeonjoe1: 11:17am On Feb 28, 2022
ba7man:
I've seen videos of the Russian missile strikes. Seperate correspondents on Aljazeerah and CNN confirmed it that they're largely inaccurate and i had that in mind already before listening to them.

They're grossly lacking in Precision strikes, they just get coordinates and release a barage in that direction.

Those Thermobaric missile launch vehicles will easily be taken out by a $5 million drone strike.

Russia can't touch the U.S.......Heck, even India might bloody their nose up.

Dissapointed in their showing so far.

Baba you get sense.
Though Russia has precision capabilities but it's very limited as compared to the US. Majority of their explosives are dumb bomb.
Though they've been some report of Russian using their khalirb cruise missile to strike some Ukrainian installation but so far we've seen limited uses of precision attack against Ukraine.
Well I also think there's various factors to using restraint because the Russian ain't using their full strike capabilities. It even seems their airforce is not that very attack in this war because of the far fewer sorties being flown.
They might be trying to reduce structural damage and civilian casualiity despite using smart bomb hence their limited strike in the major cities they are trying to take. Also the Ukrainians are hiding military equipment in civilians occupied building which can also be an hindrance. The Russia also seems to have limited surveillance and reconnaissance over strategic locations in Ukraine(something the US will never joke with). They soldiers just seems they're moving about without clear cut objectives. Seeing various captured soldiers and abandon military hardware, even their armored unit even attack without sufficient infantry support or proper air coverage(which the US doctrine will never allow). They also seems to be problem with their logistics supply because most abandoned hardware seems intact and probably run out of fuel or maybe a mechanical fault. To me this war has exposed the Russian and their military tactics. It also show the lack of coordination between their army, airforce and ISR platform(something the western nation have mastered over time). I don't think Russia is ready for any peer to peer military confrontation with an advance adversary.

This should be a warning to China, it's one thing for you to have a weapon it's another thing to develop a doctrine and coordination to employ their use effective-a capability China clearly lack even far below Russia. If they should decide to invade Taiwan the same faith await them or even worse because Taiwan will fight conventionally throwing all they had against China.

If this continues Russia will win as I don't see Ukraine sustaining this for long but then their capabilities have been exposed.

To those underrating the US and other western power, the US not only have the weapons but over time they've proven their reliability and effective deployment in actual combat. All those years spend in the middle east and Europe they've amazed lots of experience about military strategies.
1 One of which you should never rely solely on armored assault without infantry support and aircover.(lessons from the middle eats and Isreal war in Lebanon). They are more like sitting duck against capable and cheaper ATGM.
2. Don't rush your foot soldiers to the battlefield except your enemy fighting capability has been greatly weaken using extensively airstrike with precision weapons.
3 the importance of adequate ISR platform, without it it's more or less of fighting blind. While you shore up yours you want to take out those of your enemy, you make sure they fight you blind.
4 The power of media and popular support.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by falcon01: 11:43am On Feb 28, 2022
alizma:

If he is winning then why is he placing special force on nuclear weapons on alert, do see those military personnels that were captured and the vehicles as Ukrainian personnels and vehicles?
to show the countries Intervening he's ready to destroy everything.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
Walkee:
no su-27 does not fly higher than ilyshin-76 during operation. It would during stunts etc but during combat it flies very low.
Ukraine don't have air defence anymore, it was destroyed the first few hours of the operation.
I will wait for you to provide the evidence of the downed ilyushin-76

Kiev still have active air defence please and fighter jets.

You are Very wrong once again by saying su27 needs to fly lower than ily76 when attacking, Very wrong because that is not necessary As its meant to be Air superiority Fighter with a lot of Air to Air missiles, Its not like the 60s migs that requires diving lower to bomb.
It sevice ceiling is more than 50ft Which ily-75 does not operate on.
Once I get those video or pictures for the down plane, I will post, been pain in the ass trying to get it, I saw that yesterday.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

You are Very wrong once again by saying su27 needs to fly lower than ily76 when attacking, Very wrong because that is not necessary As its meant to be Air superiority Fighter with a lot of Air to Air missiles, Its not like the 60s migs that requires diving lower to bomb.
Once I get those video or pictures for the down plane, I will post, been pain in the ass trying to get it, I saw that yesterday.
what are you even saying? I'm talking reality and what has been obtained you are quoting theories?
The su-27 were sent to torch some military columns that are on the move, so they fly low to attack targets on the ground. Ukraine don't have enough jets to engage Russia in Air to Air combats. Even the Ukrainian jets that engaged in Air to air combat ended up firing towards a civilian building with a woman and her child recording and scampering for safety. It was flying very low. Stop searching opinion and theories from Google and engage in factual provable arguments. You are only engaging in conjectures.

The fighter jets Russia deployed were for air to ground combat so they all fly very low. I can post numerous videos here show fighter jets flying at very low altitudes and engaging in combat. Can you show a single video where they are engaging in combat at high altitude?

An average car can do well over 200km per hour speed, does that mean people drive around at a speed of 200km per hour?
I'm talking about what's happening you talking about what can happen. If don't have argument just relax abeg

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

which Kiev has air defence?
The airport 25km from Kiev was taken by Russia with helicopters flying at low altitude throughout the first day of the invasion. You think bringing down a helicopter with javelin and nlaw is the same thing as air defence?
Why am I even engaging in this conversation sef you obviously have no idea what you are even talking about.

Let me tell you what air defence is. If you launch a missile to Israel, USA, France or Russia now it will be incepted before it even comes close to reaching its target not to even talk exploding. Russia can fire 3000 missiles to Kiev this afternoon and they will all land.

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2022
Walkee:
what are you even saying? I'm talking reality and what has been obtained you are quoting theories?
The su-27 were sent to torch some military columns that are on the move, so they fly low to attack targets on the ground. Ukraine don't have enough jets to engage Russia in Air to Air combats. Even the Ukrainian jets that engaged in Air to air combat ended up firing towards a civilian building with a woman and her child recording and scampering for safety. It was flying very low. Stop searching opinion and theories from Google and engage in factual provable arguments. You are only engaging in conjectures.

The fighter jets Russia deployed were for air to ground combat so they all fly very low. I can post numerous videos here show fighter jets flying at very low altitudes and engaging in combat. Can you show a single video where they are engaging in combat at high altitude?

An average car can do well over 200km per hour speed, does that mean people drive around at a speed of 200km per hour?
I'm talking about what's happening you talking about what can happen. If don't have argument just relax abeg

I hate it if someone do not know something, better ask. I work 10 years of my previous work with BAE systems and that should give you insights of What I know.

Su-27 does not require to fly low to drop ordinace if they are fitted with one, its shoukd be laser guilded Air to surface.

When ever you see aircraft of it time( Take note of this) flying below, its Always part of evasive maneuver to avoid radar detection.

There have been so many low flying russian aircraft in ukraine, not because they are meant to operate that way, but you need to fly below some certain feet ( sometimes As low As 3000ft) to avoid radarS which can engage you.

Mojority of the bombing in Ukraine by Russia was done using ballastic missiles.
Now hope you understands this.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
Walkee:
which Kiev has air defence?
The airport 25km from Kiev was taken by Russia with helicopters flying at low altitude throughout the first day of the invasion. You think bringing down a helicopter with javelin and nlaw is the same thing as air defence?
Why am I even engaging in this conversation sef you obviously have no idea what you are even talking about.

Let me tell you what air defence is. If you launch a missile to Israel, USA, France or Russia now it will be incepted before it even comes close to reaching its target not to even talk exploding. Russia can fire 3000 missiles to Kiev this afternoon and they will all land.

The more you talk, the more you expose yourself, stop following Russia propaganda.

Please Anti Aircraft misilles are Air Defence system, do not engage me in program I have spent quite a lot of my skills doing my part.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

The more you talk, the more you expose yourself, stop following Russia propaganda.

Please Anti Aircraft misilles are Air Defence system, do not engage me in program I have spent quite a lot of my skills doing my part.
sorry if I was rude to you earlier. I was actually very hungry because I have been busy since morning and didn't have time to eat.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
Walkee:
sorry if I was rude to you earlier. I was actually very hungry because I have been busy since morning and didn't have time to eat.

There is no problem brother, I saw the sudden change of tone, But we argue to learn daily.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by WoundedLamb: 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2022
TA4TA4:

I agree with you to a certain degree.... But I hope you know the trouble is way beyond any pact... Have you wondered why some parts of Ukraine see themselves more as Russians?

Are you aware that even before the pact, Russia were sacking villages in Ukraine and put Russians there as the new inhabitants?

I normally won't care about what's going on in Ukraine cause countries like Palestine and Nigeria has faced even worse situations and the whole world turned deaf...

Have you heard about the CUBA MISSILE CRISIS?

I feel Russia is concerned that if Ukraine joins NATO, the west will readily deploy warheads there... And Ukraine is too close for comfort...

It is similar to John F Kennedy reaction to Cuba when USSR deployed warheads in Cuba....

Thank you for the thoughtful and respectfully presented argument. Please, don't be offended but I don't think you really addressed any of the things I said (or maybe I didn't fully understand your response). You're telling me why Russia doesn't want Ukraine in NATO. I think we all know that already. I gave you reasons why Ukraine wants to be in NATO. I explained Ukraine's desire to join NATO is not a want but a need. It is a survival move and Russia pushed them to that. So if you're asking them not join NATO or EU, what would you suggest they do? Just stay and be oppressed/sliced into non existence by Russia? It's like hitting a child and asking him not to cry.

As for the regions, are you saying the fact that we have some Ukrainians who speak Russian and feel Russian is a good reason for Putin to keep invading thier country and violating thier integrity even after signing he'd never do that? Is it that when they were signing the Budapest, they didn't know there were Russians in Ukraine? Or they just wanted to decieve the country into giving up ALL thier nuclear weapons? Can Russia be trusted at this point? We have Yorubas in Binin Republic, will you support Nigeria to invade Binin for any reason? This is the 21st century, I really don't think things work that way anymore.

I read you correctly about Cuba. When presented side by side with this one, they're not exactly the same in terms causative and operational factors, but the motifs are similar and we can borrow a few things from how it was eventually resolved. We can talk about that if you want (the comparison is another interesting subject), but I don’t subscribe to the idea of justifying the slaughtering of people in Eastern Europe based on anti-American sentiments. The focus shouldn't be the oppressors but the victims. And when you view it that way, it begins to make little sense to say "because Cubans suffered this, it's OK for Ukrainians to suffer it". Like I said, we can talk about this cause it's a worthy subject but not a necessarily a justification for Putin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by WoundedLamb: 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
wiseass:

Ukraine should not join NATO and should by all means resist being used by the U.S...they should remember Libya and other countries whom the U.S came to "save" it's OK to have strong economic
and political ties with other but anything military should be a no no, be like Switzerland and just chill

Thank you sir! I will tag you to my response to this in a moment.

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by jnhmaxxwell: 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2022
jmoore:
The two clowns above. You think Russian occupation is easy? Afghanistan defeated Russia.

Folks like you are like fans of football cubs that celebrate a 5 minutes goal thinking it is enough for a victory.

Afghanistan defeated Zinoist incursion into their Territory twice. First time, USSR is a typical example of today's NATO if you don't know, please learn the history. And second time for 20 years, the combined forces of all the anglozionist empire. Over 50 countries defeated in Afghanistan.

It's safe to say RUssia was under the occupation of Zionist entity during the USSR. It finally defeated Bolshevik anti-communist flank. This I believe is the reason the new Anglozionist empire started forming NATO.

Listen and listen good. The last time Russia lost a war against the united front like (NATO today) was during the Crimean peninsular war. This period of time, the Ottoman empire formed a coalition with Napoleon(French empire), Anglo Saxon empire and Northen Italy(the island Sardinia) to defeat Russia in the Crimean war in 1856.

The Zionist used that loosing of the war to hijack power from Russian empire in Moscow and immediately started going after the Communist idealist in Russia which did what it knows how to do best. Invade and add more republics to the USSR.

When USSR fell, 30 years ago. RUSSIA regained full freedom and was no longer under the occupation of USSR.

By this history of event, it's not Russia that lost in Afghanistan.. Russia do not invade, they defend, encircle and let their enemies feel hunger then they de-weaponize them. This is Tsar the great fights.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by jmoore(m): 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2022
jnhmaxxwell:
[s]
Afghanistan defeated Zinoist incursion into their Territory twice. First time, USSR is a typical example of today's NATO if you don't know, please learn the history. And second time for 20 years, the combined forces of all the anglozionist empire. Over 50 countries defeated in Afghanistan.

It's safe to say RUssia was under the occupation of Zionist entity during the USSR. It finally defeated Bolshevik anti-communist flank. This I believe is the reason the new Anglozionist empire started forming NATO.

Listen and listen good. The last time Russia lost a war against the united front like (NATO today) was during the Crimean peninsular war. This period of time, the Ottoman empire formed a coalition with Napoleon(French empire), Anglo Saxon empire and Northen Italy(the island Sardinia) to defeat Russia in the Crimean war in 1856.

The Zionist used that loosing of the wat to hijack power from Moscow and immediately started going after the Communist idealist in Russia which did what it knows how to do best. Invade and add more republics to the USSR.

When USSR fell, 30 years ago. RUSSIA regained full freedom and was no longer under the occupation of USSR.

By this history of event, it's not Russia that lost in Afghanistan.. Russia do not invade, they defend, encircle and let their enemies feel hunger then they de-weaponize them. This is Tsar the great fights.
[/s]

Afghanistan defeated Russia!!!!

Stop living in denial!!
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by scully95: 4:46pm On Feb 28, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Thank you for the thoughtful and respectfully presented argument. Please, don't be offended but I don't think you really addressed any of the things I said (or maybe I didn't fully understand your response). You're telling me why Russia doesn't want Ukraine in NATO. I think we all know that already. I gave you reasons why Ukraine wants to be in NATO. I explained Ukraine's desire to join NATO is not a want but a need. It is a survival move and Russia pushed them to that. So if you're asking them not join NATO or EU, what would you suggest they do? Just stay and be oppressed/sliced into non existence by Russia? It's like hitting a child and asking him not to cry.

Do you know the meaning of NATO? There is a difference between Ukraine wanting to join NATO and Ukraine is being dragged to joining NATO.
The difference is Ukraine was more a neutral state until the 2014 second coup happened in Kiev/Kyiv.

Do you know what that means? It means you have lost your territorial integrity both economically and militarily. It's as simple as that.
This is one of the reasons we are having Economic issues to date. When Buhari was removed and IBB installed. We lost out economic territorial integrity as the IBB, IMF puppet signed PetroDollar Economy with the west. This is why before you can buy anything from China, you must first convert Naira to Dollar. Buhari refused this offer from the west, they removed him after they trained Buhari to remove Sheu Shagari.

You see what they are doing in Ukraine today or did in 2014. Is what they have done several times and went scot-free.
When they did regime change in 2014, three states in Ukraine decided to seek refuge. First was Crimean penisular, second Donestk and Lugansk. These three states have the full right to determine their future since power is removed in Kiev.

Ukraine lost its territorial Integrity. The puppet installed already created a clause in the constitution that allows Ukraine to join NATO. So it's just the official one they are trying to play to all of you now. This is the same procedure they did with Ghana(AFRICOM). Nigeria does not allow AFRICOM in west Africa but they already did the same thing to Ghana. I won't go into the details for time. Just remember the last time U.S president came to Africa. Do you wonder where he went? Their puppet state(Ghana)

WoundedLamb:

As for the regions, are you saying the fact that we have some Ukrainians who speak Russian and feel Russian is a good reason for Putin to keep invading thier country and violating thier integrity even after signing he'd never do that? Is it that when they were signing the Budapest, they didn't know there were Russians in Ukraine? Or they just wanted to decieve the country into giving up ALL thier nuclear weapons? Can Russia be trusted at this point? We have Yorubas in Binin Republic, will you support Nigeria to invade Binin for any reason? This is the 21st century, I really don't think things work that way anymore.

I think I already explained to you the meaning of Territorial integrity. You make mention of the Budapest memorandum: Please take note of this one, the west will never tell you. Number one Ukraine also already lost in the agreement made in Budapest when it removed the president of the Crimean peninsula and gave him persona non grata after deporting him to Russia. Budapest memorandum only involves Ukraine and as at the time 1991, when USSR fell, Ukraine declared independence the same way Crimean peninsula declared independence. The first coup Ukraine did was in 1994 after it removed the Crimean president and canceled the Crimean constitution.

Number 2: What those saying Budapest memorandum will not tell you, it's not a legally binding agreement. Meaning it was not signed into law by the President of Russia and other states involved. What that means is, if Ukraine tries to take Russia to court with jurisdiction, it will be thrown into the trash can. it's just like the Minks agreement too. It's not legally binding since Ukraine did not provide a clause for it in its constitution. It's just an agreement.

WoundedLamb:

I read you correctly about Cuba. When presented side by side with this one, they're not exactly the same in terms causative and operational factors, but the motifs are similar and we can borrow a few things from how it was eventually resolved. We can talk about that if you want (the comparison is another interesting subject), but I don’t subscribe to the idea of justifying the slaughtering of people in Eastern Europe based on anti-American sentiments. The focus shouldn't be the oppressors but the victims. And when you view it that way, it begins to make little sense to say "because Cubans suffered this, it's OK for Ukrainians to suffer it". Like I said, we can talk about this cause it's a worthy subject but not a necessarily a justification for Putin.

This is the hypocrisy in the west or the anglozionist empire. For 8 years, the people of Lugansk and Donestk have been bombed and shelled. Every day, they're being shelled. Minks' agreement only involved removing he4avy weapons from the contact line. They were being shelled every day of that 8 years. The west frowned at it. These were the people who said no to the regime installed in 2014. They have rights too don't they? Aren't they humans?

These are the victims of war. The victims of Nuland F*ck the EU when they were looking for who to use as their puppet in 2014. This was not Russia oh. As a matter of fact. Let's be realistic here. Russia when the same thing happened in 2008, Georgian war. Russia did not wait for 8 years before it took action.

Action and reaction is equal and opposite. Russia could argue and has point.
1) It's against the UN charter to forcefully impose a language against anyone. This is what the neo-Nazi regime did in 2014. They were even saying, if you cannot speak Ukrainian, or you don't see yourself as Ukrainians, then you should leave your motherland, go to Russia. Even Poroshenko was saying it loud and clear. That all the kids in Donetks and Luganks will be sleeping in bomb Shelters when others will be going to school. That is genocide intent right there. WAR CRIME.

The west will not say anything about this.

2) Russia is in this context defending the people of Donetsk and Lugansk who are Russian-speaking territories and have decided to hold on to their traditions. Is under the UN charter.
The Hypocrisy of the west is this. When NATO bombed Yugoslavia for 78 days. And created Kosovo. They made it look like it's the new norm. Now that Russia is doing the exact same thing behind its border oh. Please the hypocrisy is just too much which has the dirrect interest of the people shelled for over 8 years.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Fortune109: 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2022
ba7man:
I've seen videos of the Russian missile strikes. Seperate correspondents on Aljazeerah and CNN confirmed it that they're largely inaccurate and i had that in mind already before listening to them.

They're grossly lacking in Precision strikes, they just get coordinates and release a barage in that direction.

Those Thermobaric missile launch vehicles will easily be taken out by a $5 million drone strike.

Russia can't touch the U.S.......Heck, even India might bloody their nose up.

Dissapointed in their showing so far.

Putin is very smart...this war is obviously a Proxy war...the US led NATO are clearly trying to study and figure out how much of tactics and even latest Hardware Russia has got using this war...

Putin knows that, and he is not letting out all his jokers just to prove a needless points on mere Ukraine... this is obviously 'very light' 'Fighting Mode' of the Russian Army...

Any attempt by any body to judge the fighting Capabilities of Russia by this Ukraine Invasion (not war grin) will have themselves to blame...

Putin's years in the KGB is not a joke...

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by TA4TA4: 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Great response I must say.. And I am more than willing to learn more from you, cause it seems you know so much about international politics.

For the records, I am not in support of Russia's invasion, especially as so many lives are being lost in the process.

My concern though, is why are western countries so concerned about Ukraine when lives have also been lost in places like Palestine.

I feel it boils down to personal interest (I stand to be corrected though).

Putin has taken his actions too far, I agree but I think she is concerned of Ukraine being used as a NATO military base just like America was concerned about Cuba when USSR sent some missiles over there.

In the case of invasion... America is also guilty.... We have the banana wars of Nicaragua, Iraq, Kuwait, Panama, Cuba.

In many of the above cases, the invasions were uncalled for... And they left the countries worse than they were when they invaded them.

Like I said, I will be more than willing of you could school me more.... Thanks bro.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by WoundedLamb: 1:32am On Mar 02, 2022
TA4TA4:

Great response I must say.. And I am more than willing to learn more from you, cause it seems you know so much about international politics.

For the records, I am not in support of Russia's invasion, especially as so many lives are being lost in the process.

My concern though, is why are western countries so concerned about Ukraine when lives have also been lost in places like Palestine.

I feel it boils down to personal interest (I stand to be corrected though).

Putin has taken his actions too far, I agree but I think she is concerned of Ukraine being used as a NATO military base just like America was concerned about Cuba when USSR sent some missiles over there.

In the case of invasion... America is also guilty.... We have the banana wars of Nicaragua, Iraq, Kuwait, Panama, Cuba.

In many of the above cases, the invasions were uncalled for... And they left the countries worse than they were when they invaded them.

Like I said, I will be more than willing of you could school me more.... Thanks bro.

That's the point I was trying to make, people just support Russian aggression against Ukraine cause America is guilty. I'm going to talk about Cuba in a moment. But it's important to point out that that discussion - though might be a possible source of solution - shouldn't have much bearing on the fate of Ukrainians. The aim shouldn't be to support or oppose Putin. In other words, the people of Ukraine shouldn't suffer because of the West. The logic doesn't add up, not when Russia is clearly not being fair to thier neighbour. We just read the news of Cameroonian forces attacking Nigerians near the border. Imagine the conclusive line "because America invaded Cuba, Cameroon is right to invade Nigeria". As a Nigerian, wouldn't that be the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard? That exactly how Ukrainians feel when they see these guys supporting Putin because of thier anti-American sentiments without paying attention to the actual issues between the two countries to see who's wrong or right. That's why I said that as far as invasion is concerned, we must focus on the victims and not the oppressors. Otherwise, we'd find ourselves unknowingly supporting oppression all over the world.

Here's why I think the Cuban case was easier to approach. First, the United States was not oppressing Cuba post independence prior to the invasion and the activities that led to the invasion (1960 to 1961), and they didn't have any pact with Cuba. So Cuba did not romance Russia in order to defend itself against the US. Cuba offered its soil as a military base for the economic gains and for Castro's personal gains. Second, the US made use of Cuban exiles who targeted Castro's air fleet and not civilians. Third, Kennedy eventually made an offer that satisfied both parties, he compromised. Fourth, virtually all the UN countries voted to condemn the US.

Let's place these facts side by side with the current case. First, Ukraine has been tossed around by Russia for long despite their agreement in 1994, and that's practically the reason they want to join NATO. At this point, telling Ukraine not to join NATO is no longer a solution cause you'd leave thier original issue unaddressed. Second, Putin is bombing civilians when he claimed he went in for peace keeping. Third, he's not proposing a reasonable exit solution. A reasonable solution would be one that ensures Ukraine's safety if it must not join NATO. Fourth, the UN voted a few days ago and the concensus was to condemn Russia just the way they stood with Cuba.

It is okay to call the US hypocrites. But we must unite on Ukraine. Even Iranians are showing thier support. Nothing shows Putin has integrity. He said it was NATO membership. While the negotiations were ongoing, he invaded the country and called it peace keeping, and while doing the so-called peace keeping, he spread his men all over the country and urged the president to surrender. He never planned to take diplomacy. He had only a couple of things on the table which Ukraine cannot possibly accept. How do you deal with such a man? I'm sorry and you've got every right to disagree, but I believe Putin is a dictator who doesn't know how to survive in a democratic world. He's got zero diplomatic skills and he's shown absolute lack of integrity in his dealings.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by leofab(f): 1:54am On Mar 02, 2022
Princewill1:

It's easy to spot all these amateur international political analysts.

Mr Gotv CNN analyst, how long does it took the combined forces of US,UK and Australia to capture Baghdad in 2003?

It was over 3 weeks... bearing in mind that in the case of Iraq, no one was providing arms and intelligence support to them yet it took nearly a month.

In Nairaland you will see people who doesn't know the capital of Namibia but will be seriously analysing something they knows nothing about.
did you add proximity? Can russia invade a country that they don’t share border with?
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by ba7man(m): 8:57am On Mar 27, 2022
Princewill1:

It's easy to spot all these amateur international political analysts.

Mr Gotv CNN analyst, how long does it took the combined forces of US,UK and Australia to capture Baghdad in 2003?

It was over 3 weeks... bearing in mind that in the case of Iraq, no one was providing arms and intelligence support to them yet it took nearly a month.

In Nairaland you will see people who doesn't know the capital of Namibia but will be seriously analysing something they knows nothing about.
How far Mr Professional analyst.

What's the Russian news station you get your news from saying at the moment?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bodies of 1,500 Hamas Militants Found In Israeli Territory, IDF Says / HOW UK TAX IS SPENT / Islamic State Using Dolls To Train Children How To Behead Infidels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.