Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. (2785 Views)

"No Peace Un­til Rus­sia’s Goals In Ukraine Are Achieved", Says President Putin / How Putin Has Amassed A Staggering 6 Thousand Nuclear Weapons / Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Goodmarlian: 12:06am On Feb 28, 2022
grin grin
While they are all focused on Kiev ,Separatist have expanded their territory by 51 kilometers,they don't make noise on Twitter or CNN,that territory will never be regained no matter what,Putin has outsmarted the west Ukraine will soon be reduced to the size of switzerland,tzan zu says "let you plans be as dark as the night and when you strike strike like a thunderbolt".

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by falcon01: 12:08am On Feb 28, 2022
Ukraine is winning on media but in reality Russia is Dealing with them immensely and intensly.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by jmoore(m): 12:13am On Feb 28, 2022
The two clowns above. You think Russian occupation is easy? Afghanistan defeated Russia.

Folks like you are like fans of football cubs that celebrate a 5 minutes goal thinking it is enough for a victory.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Goodmarlian: 12:19am On Feb 28, 2022
jmoore:
The two clowns above. You think Russian occupation is easy? Afghanistan defeated Russia.

Folks like you are like fans of football cubs that celebrate a 5 minutes goal thinking it is enough for a victory.

Abeg go sleep,Taliban used geography to their advantage,you think it's easy to win in a country full of caves and mountains and hills,so many place to hide for terrorists.

7 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by jmoore(m): 12:22am On Feb 28, 2022
Goodmarlian:

Abeg go sleep,Taliban used geography to their advantage,you think it's easy to win in a country full of caves and mountains and hills,so many place to hide for terrorists.
Bla bla bla bla!!! Same lame excuses.

6 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by DemMannaScam: 12:54am On Feb 28, 2022
Cry more while Ukraine caves in

jmoore:

7 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by chukwuibuipob: 12:58am On Feb 28, 2022
sad Yes! Putin is winning in his dream. Ukraine will soon nail Putin coffin.Just wait and see

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Goodmarlian: 1:06am On Feb 28, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
sad Yes! Putin is winning in his dream. Ukraine will soon nail Putin coffin.Just wait and see
Isi gini

2 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by ba7man(m): 5:11am On Feb 28, 2022
If it was so easy for Putin, why has he been unable to take Kyiv for 3 days now? His supply convoys are being intetcepted, destroying fuel and arms supplies.

Russia's old school mentality of displaying your millitary might and weapons in full force to intimidate Ukraine has been his downfall so far. That makes them sitting ducks to Turkish drone strikes operated by Ukraine.

The Chechen special forces were supposed to parachute down into Kyiv for a suprise attack but NATO leaks the info and their plane gets shot down and crashlands before the battle even starts.

Russia hasn't faced a modern millitary in recent years and if they try this trash with the US, Reaper drones will rain hellfire on all their positions without them coming in contact with 1 single American troop.

They might eventually overwhelm Ukraine with sheer numbers but the Russian war machine seems overated.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Svlla: 5:34am On Feb 28, 2022
Tell them oo

Although e dey stress me trying to explain here on nairaland. Qthe media propaganda is just too much

As at Sunday, the Lugansk separatist army is just 21km away from Mariupol from Gnutovo. An important and strategic black sea city with its port and also bordering Russia.

It makes sense if the rebels capture and holds Mariupol than Russia military forces

Meanwhile Donetsk peoples republic army has effectively siege Kharkiv with Russian firepower assistance.

I see Kharkov, Cherniv and mauripol falling into rebel hands. Russian Army is only clearing the way for them.

4 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 6:08am On Feb 28, 2022
ba7man:
If it was so easy for Putin, why has he been unable to take Kyiv for 3 days now? His supply convoys are being intetcepted, destroying fuel and arms supplies.

Russia's old school mentality of displaying your millitary might and weapons in full force to intimidate Ukraine has been his downfall so far. That makes them sitting ducks to Turkish drone strikes operated by Ukraine.

The Chechen special forces were supposed to parachute down into Kyiv for a suprise attack but NATO leaks the info and their plane gets shot down and crashlands before the battle even starts.

Russia hasn't faced a modern millitary in recent years and if they try this trash with the US, Reaper drones will rain hellfire on all their positions without them coming in contact with 1 single American troop.

They might eventually overwhelm Ukraine with sheer numbers but the Russian war machine seems overated.

to be honest it is not easy to take a country, not with the amount of weapons that keeps pouring in. Which country has been fully conquered in 4 days by former world powers?
If they start using thermobaric bombs, of course the entire country will collapse in a matter of hours but you will then have to craw on top millions of dead civilians to get to the capital.

There has been no evidence of a plane shot down. There are thousands of pictures and videos of small small helicopter that were destroyed but not a single picture of a way bigger plane. The plane getting shot down is just another fantasy and dreams like the ghost of Kiev

3 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Tomek09(m): 6:35am On Feb 28, 2022
jmoore:

Bla bla bla bla!!! Same lame excuses.
Continue cheering Ukraine to their destruction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 28, 2022
Walkee:
to be honest it is not easy to take a country, not with the amount of weapons that keeps pouring in. Which country has been fully conquered in 4 days by former world powers?
If they start using thermobaric bombs, of course the entire country will collapse in a matter of hours but you will then have to craw on top millions of dead civilians to get to the capital.

There has been no evidence of a plane shot down. There are thousands of pictures and videos of small small helicopter that were destroyed but not a single picture of a way bigger plane. The plane getting shot down is just another fantasy and dreams like the ghost of Kiev

There are enough Pictures of planes shot down. Please go to twitter and get updates.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by WoundedLamb: 6:53am On Feb 28, 2022
I'd like a Putin supporter to tell me what he believes is the ideal solution to this problem. What should Ukraine do considering why they wanted to join NATO in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by petesunday: 7:01am On Feb 28, 2022
WoundedLamb:
I'd like a Putin supporter to tell me what he believes is the ideal solution to this problem. What should Ukraine do considering why they wanted to join NATO in the first place?

1. Ukraine should withdraw all their troops and recognise the independence of Donbass
2. Ukraine should sign an agreement to never, ever join NATO, just like Finland. Shebi Finland dey EU and its a Russian neighbour but they are not in NATO

If Ukraine does these two above, the Russian forces will go home but you know that will be a big blow for the west

2 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by ba7man(m): 7:14am On Feb 28, 2022
Walkee:

I've seen videos of the Russian missile strikes. Seperate correspondents on Aljazeerah and CNN confirmed it that they're largely inaccurate and i had that in mind already before listening to them.

They're grossly lacking in Precision strikes, they just get coordinates and release a barage in that direction.

Those Thermobaric missile launch vehicles will easily be taken out by a $5 million drone strike.

Russia can't touch the U.S.......Heck, even India might bloody their nose up.

Dissapointed in their showing so far.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by WoundedLamb: 7:43am On Feb 28, 2022
petesunday:

1. Ukraine should withdraw all their troops and recognise the independence of Donbass
2. Ukraine should sign an agreement to never, ever join NATO, just like Finland. Shebi Finland dey EU and its a Russian neighbour but they are not in NATO

If Ukraine does these two above, the Russian forces will go home but you know that will be a big blow for the west

This is is the type of discussion that's worthwhile, solutions. But let me ask, where is the compromise on Russian side? Because from what you wrote, I can deduct you're simply saying Ukraine should give in to Putin's demands. Removing his men from Ukraine is not a compromise, it's just an expected end. And please, forget about the West temporarily cause it's obvious the anti-West sentiments are the reason people support Putin without considering the real issues between the two countries involved.

In case you don't get what I mean, I'm asking, if Ukraine agrees to leave NATO alone, what would Putin do to address the reasons they decided to join NATO in the first place? It's a negotiation, so what is he bringing to the table? Or are you saying Ukraine should just be left at the mercy of Russia?

Here is a background. About 3 years after the split, Ukraine gave up all their nuclear weapons to Russia while Russia signed a memorandum called the Budapest Memorandum in which they agreed to forever respect the sovereignty of Ukraine. But seizing Crimea in 2014, Russia violated that Memorandum. They took Crimea before the referendum. The Minsk agreement was signed after this but was also violated. Russia went for Donbas that same year. It was very obvious they'd keep slicing the less powerful Ukraine. Let's not even talk about the minor harassment every now and then.

Now, Ukraine is looking to NATO/EU to put an end to thier misery and Russia is saying they shouldn't. It's like pushing you to the wall and asking you to break it and keep moving. So I ask again, what should Ukraine do? Sign another agreement that Russia would violate before the next day? Or hand the country over to Russia? Brother, an ideal solution is one that ensures Ukraine's safety and sovereignty remain intact. So when I see people say Ukraine should just forget NATO, I ask "and then do what?" Ukraine wouldn't be looking at NATO if Russia respected them the way the US respects Canada.

Cc: wiseass

5 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by dvkot(m): 7:55am On Feb 28, 2022
Goodmarlian:

Isi gini
Ukraine is winning bro.. Go check twitter the stats is there,check on nairaland there are several there to back up the fact that Ukraine is winning and not to forget CNN is announcing it too... Ghost of Kiev , Ukraine woman give russian army sunflower of death, its too much for Russia cry
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Tmberwolf1: 8:03am On Feb 28, 2022
jmoore:

Thank you! Those two morons have no idea how war works.

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Alexgeneration(m): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

Thank you! Those two morons have no idea how war works.
Cry cry baby that knows how war works.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Tmberwolf1: 8:51am On Feb 28, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Cry cry baby that knows how war works.

Go to sleep child, this is a discussion between adults and I'm afraid you don't qualify as one.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Alexgeneration(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

Go to sleep child, this is a discussion between adults and I'm afraid you don't qualify as one.
Cry cry baby discussing with tears in his eyes. lols

2 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Princewill1(m): 8:55am On Feb 28, 2022
ba7man:

It's easy to spot all these amateur international political analysts.

Mr Gotv CNN analyst, how long does it took the combined forces of US,UK and Australia to capture Baghdad in 2003?

It was over 3 weeks... bearing in mind that in the case of Iraq, no one was providing arms and intelligence support to them yet it took nearly a month.

In Nairaland you will see people who doesn't know the capital of Namibia but will be seriously analysing something they knows nothing about.

6 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by wiseass: 9:01am On Feb 28, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Ukraine should not join NATO and should by all means resist being used by the U.S...they should remember Libya and other countries whom the U.S came to "save" it's OK to have strong economic
and political ties with other but anything military should be a no no, be like Switzerland and just chill

4 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by alizma: 9:09am On Feb 28, 2022
falcon01:
Ukraine is winning on media but in reality Russia is Dealing with them immensely and intensly.
If he is winning then why is he placing special force on nuclear weapons on alert, do see those military personnels that were captured and the vehicles as Ukrainian personnels and vehicles?
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 9:15am On Feb 28, 2022
ba7man:
I've seen videos of the Russian missile strikes. Seperate correspondents on Aljazeerah and CNN confirmed it that they're largely inaccurate and i had that in mind already before listening to them.

They're grossly lacking in Precision strikes, they just get coordinates and release a barage in that direction.

Those Thermobaric missile launch vehicles will easily be taken out by a $5 million drone strike.

Russia can't touch the U.S.......Heck, even India might bloody their nose up.

Dissapointed in their showing so far.
you have no idea what you are talking about. Ukrainian army are hiding military equipment between civilian buildings. There's a video where they established a base between two schools. When those equipments explode it destroys the buildings. There's another videos where Ukrainians where telling their soldiers to please move their equipment from the area they moving them to. The woman was saying there are children in these buildings.

Cnn and BBC are mouthpiece of CIA and mi6. They're running an info war to completely skew the narrative. Ukraine don't have the capability to defend against Russian missile and drones. None of the missiles fired from Russia to any facility in Ukraine was intercepted. I don't think you even know what thermobaric bomb is. Even if you are hiding inside a cave, the bomb will suck all the oxygen in the vicinity into one giant ball and explodes the air. Your internal organs will explode on its own.
You should check what Russians did in Syria. They can split Ukraine soil open and turn one side to ditch if they want to but they won't because Putin wants to install a puppet regime in Kiev, using brute force will just make the around 35% of the population that like Russia will turn against them.

Take for instance this image below is a headline from BBC, it does not states that this destruction was done by Ukrainian national guard shelling of the separatist region of donetsk which has been going on for the past 8 years. When you read this you'd think it was done by Russians.

3 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by TA4TA4: 9:15am On Feb 28, 2022
WoundedLamb:

This is is the type of discussion that's worthwhile, solutions. But let me ask, where is the compromise on Russian side? Because from what you wrote, I can deduct you're simply saying Ukraine should give in to Putin's demands. Removing his men from Ukraine is not a compromise, it's just an expected end. And please, forget about the West temporarily cause it's obvious the anti-West sentiments are the reason people support Putin without considering the real issues between the two countries involved.

In case you don't get what I mean, I'm asking, if Ukraine agrees to leave NATO alone, what would Putin do to address the reasons they decided to join NATO in the first place? It's a negotiation, so what is he bringing to the table? Or are you saying Ukraine should just be left at the mercy of Russia?

Here is a background. About 3 years after the split, Ukraine gave up all their nuclear weapons to Russia while Russia signed a memorandum called the Budapest Memorandum in which they agreed to forever respect the sovereignty of Ukraine. But seizing Crimea in 2014, Russia violated that Memorandum. They took Crimea before the referendum. The Minsk agreement was signed after this but was also violated. Russia went for Donbas that same year. It was very obvious they'd keep slicing the less powerful Ukraine. Let's not even talk about the minor harassment every now and then.

Now, Ukraine is looking to NATO/EU to put an end to thier misery and Russia is saying they shouldn't. It's like pushing you to the wall and asking you to break it and keep moving. So I ask again, what should Ukraine do? Sign another agreement that Russia would violate before the next day? Or hand the country over to Russia? Brother, an ideal solution is one that ensures Ukraine's safety and sovereignty remain intact. So when I see people say Ukraine should just forget NATO, I ask "and then do what?" Ukraine wouldn't be looking at NATO if Russia respected them the way the US respects Canada.

I agree with you to a certain degree.... But I hope you know the trouble is way beyond any pact... Have you wondered why some parts of Ukraine see themselves more as Russians?

Are you aware that even before the pact, Russia were sacking villages in Ukraine and put Russians there as the new inhabitants?

I normally won't care about what's going on in Ukraine cause countries like Palestine and Nigeria has faced even worse situations and the whole world turned deaf...

Have you heard about the CUBA MISSILE CRISIS?

I feel Russia is concerned that if Ukraine joins NATO, the west will readily deploy warheads there... And Ukraine is too close for comfort...

It is similar to John F Kennedy reaction to Cuba when USSR deployed warheads in Cuba....

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 9:17am On Feb 28, 2022
alizma:

If he is winning then why is he placing special force on nuclear weapons on alert, do see those military personnels that were captured and the vehicles as Ukrainian personnels and vehicles?
that's for USA and EU. Before the invasion, he said that if any European or US government tries to interfere militarily that nobody will even have time to blink, nobody will survive and there will be no winners. I don't think you people followed these events leading to this moment

2 Likes

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 9:22am On Feb 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

There are enough Pictures of planes shot down. Please go to twitter and get updates.
no there's not a single one. There's a big difference between SU-27 and IL-76
The pictures you are seeing are wreckage of fighter jet (SU-27) and a few attack helicopter.
They claimed that they downed two Ilyshin-76 which is a very big plane (not fighter jet) with close to 300 paratroopers on board yet not a single picture or video to confirm the wreckage which is not possible. Even their president lied that Turkey said they will block the bosphorus strait so that Russian ship will not be able to pass. Turkey immediately denied.

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 28, 2022
Walkee:
no there's not a single one. There's a big difference between SU-27 and IL-76
The pictures you are seeing are wreckage of fighter jet (SU-27) and a few attack helicopter.
They claimed that they downed two Ilyshin-76 which is a very big plane (not fighter jet) with close to 300 paratroopers on board yet not a single picture or video to confirm the wreckage which is not possible. Even their president lied that Turkey said they will block the bosphorus strait so that Russian ship will not be able to pass. Turkey immediately denied.

Please leave nairaland and go to twitter and feed your Eyes with videos, and also Russian paratrooper that landed on the roof of resident bulding in ukraine,he was caught like bat by the residents lolz.
Re: Putin Has Finally Achieved One Of His Objectives. by Walkee: 9:35am On Feb 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

Please leave nairaland and go to twitter and feed your Eyes with videos, and also Russian paratrooper that landed on the roof of resident bulding in ukraine,he was caught like bat by the residents lolz.
lol. I've been following this operation from the very first minute. You have zero idea what you are talking about. No paratrooper landed on a building, there's not single picture of a destroyed ilyshin-76. There are lots of pictures of destroyed fighter jets, yes but not a single picture of ilyshin-76 which they claimed they destroyed.
Ukraine are even uploading videos from Syria, Libya and video games for propaganda and morale.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama Wanted / See What Russians Left Behind After Being Run Out Of City / The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.