Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents (480 Views)

Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko At The Stadium Cheering Super Eagles (Video) / Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians / "Buhari Must Go" - Atiku Tells Cheering Adamawa Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:40am On Feb 28, 2022
The events of the last few days have left me on the edge of my seat after Russian imperialist Vladimir Putin criminally invaded his southern neighbour and unleashed full-scale military attack on Ukrainians for no justifiable reason whatsoever.

This comes following weeks in which Russia amassed over 150,000 troops near its border with Ukraine, with Washington consistently saying at the time that an invasion was imminent. Although Moscow dismissed those revelations and called them “misinformation,” everything came to a head in the early hours of Thursday, February 24, when Putin gave an order for the criminal invasion, calling it a “special military operation.”

The illegal invasion has attracted severe condemnation across the world. Even China, a well-known ally of Russia, refused to veto a draft of the United Nations Security Council resolution which was to condemn Moscow’s cruelty in Ukraine. Only Russia vetoed the resolution! China simply refused to participate in the voting process along with the United Arab Emirates and India. The rest of the 11 Council members voted in favour, including African representatives: Gabon, Ghana and Kenya.

In the face of this unjustifiable assault, which has resulted to the deaths of several innocent people and children, it is the behaviours of some Nigerians on social media, including the so-called “educated” ones, that have left me scandalised.

They have engaged in the celebration of violence that involves the spilling of innocent blood, such as the cheering of Vladimir Putin, a blood-thirsty aggressor who believes in imperial conquest. It is difficult to decipher the sudden idolisation of a man who is desperate to establish himself as the 21st century Adolf Hitler. Here is an unrepentant bully, a warmonger whose incurable obsession with the re-creation of another Soviet Union continues to drive him into a frenzy and the commission of unjustifiable crimes against humanity.

And, as a “well done” message for senselessly killing innocent people and displacing thousands, some of his social media praise-singers and defenders now use his image as their profile picture. This is sickening and unacceptable!

It is disturbing to learn that the Nigerian psychology has been subjected to such pernicious damage so much so that we are no longer sensitive to such cruel injustice and egregious crimes against innocent people.

To worsen matters, it is the harebrained and embarrassingly awkward arguments they build in dictator Vladimir Putin’s defence that tempt you into questioning their sanity. Even Putin, that tormented bully, would be surprised to learn of the junk excuses being concocted for him in Nigeria as the cause of the war he instigated in Ukraine.

I must now highlight only two of the baseless excuses Nigerians on social media are using to justify Putin’s illegal invasion and killings.

1. Putin does not want Ukraine in NATO:

Here dictator Putin’s Nigerian defenders claim that Russia previously told the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation [NATO] that Ukraine, an independent nation, is “not allowed” to join NATO. They claim that Ukraine joining NATO poses a threat to Russia and that such cannot be allowed. Others claim that dictator Putin has warned that no former member of the Soviet Union is allowed to join NATO.

This puerile defence for tyranny and contemporary imperialism is not only embarrassing to dictator Putin’s advocates, it insults the sovereign state of Ukraine to suggest that the country has no right to aspire for membership of any association it desires without the express approval of the president of another country.

What this means, for example, is that Benin Republic has the right to warn Nigeria against joining this or that association simply because Benin’s President Patrice Talon is not on good terms with said association[s] or would feel threatened. As a result, Nigeria is obligated to obey Benin Republic against its own interest. This is laughable.

2. United States invaded and killed in Libya, Iraq, etc; UK killed here and there, etc:

Here, Putin’s supporters in Nigeria are saying that their “hero’s” murderous actions in Ukraine are justified on the basis that the United States, the UK and other powerful nations did same in the past.

Whilst analysing this absurd defence concocted by some Nigerians for Putin, one question came to mind:

Are these Nigerians saying that dictator Buhari’s killing of peaceful #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Tollgate on the evening of Tuesday, October 20, 2020 should be justified simply because former president Olusegun Obasanjo did same when he massacred the defenceless people of Odi on November 20, 1999?

The hypocrisy of these people is chilling.

The grand irony of this blind support is that Putin’s citizens are against him for choosing to embark on this war and they’ve been protesting on the streets of 57 cities including: Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Krasnodar, Ekaterinburg, Saratov, Nizhny Novgorod and Voronezh. They are chanting: “NO TO WAR!” According to OVD-Info, 1,858 Russians have been arbitrarily arrested by the Moscow-based dictator. Yet, street protests continue to grow even after the dictator banned demonstrations under the pretext that COVID-19 rules are being violated.

So, this blind, hypocritical love from Nigerians for a bloodthirsty tyrant who has been disowned by his own people remains incomprehensible. That Nigerians are trying to demonstrate that they “love” Russia more than Russians is ludicrous.

Even before dictator Putin went about bullying his neighbour, he had been an unpopular leader in his own country, jailing critics, opposition members and tagging them “terrorists” and “extremists.” Russia of the Future, which is the main opposition party in Russia, has been banned by the Putin tyranny and declared a terrorist organisation, just like dictator Buhari would do in Nigeria.

Anti-corruption activist Alexei Navalny, who is the founder of the banned political party, has been arrested and jailed along with members of the party. They’ve also been declared as “terrorists” and their bank accounts frozen.

Since assuming office in 1999, Putin has crowned himself the Lord of Russia, and has created a country in which his will is supreme and is subject to no questions.

But with the slew of economic sanctions slammed on an already struggling economy, there’s a likelihood that the ongoing demonstrations may metamorphose into an uprising or a revolution, which may eventually drown Putin, bringing to an end the reign of the new Adolf Hitler. Yet, the hypocrisy of these Nigerians will be nowhere to salvage him from the anger of his own people.

Elias Ozikpu

Playwright, novelist, essayist, polemicist, citizen journalist, permanent enemy of oppressors

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/27/russia-vs-ukraine-stupidity-cheering-moscow-based-adolf-hitler-killing-innocent-people
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by chukwuibuipob: 12:44am On Feb 28, 2022
sad Give us PUTIN head angry
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by LordKezzy: 12:44am On Feb 28, 2022
Chaii deliver your people
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by Goodmarlian: 12:44am On Feb 28, 2022
Nwanne je hie ora chi ejigo

America slaughtered over 3 million vietnamese just to give them democracy.

3 Likes

Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:55am On Feb 28, 2022
Goodmarlian:
Nwanne je hie ora chi ejigo

America slaughtered over 3 million vietnamese just to give them democracy.

Arabs slaughtered over 10 million Africans to give them ISLAM cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by Goodmarlian: 12:57am On Feb 28, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

Arabs slaughtered over 10 million Africans to give them ISLAM cool

We are talking modern warfare here forget olden days.
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by Boland(m): 1:36am On Feb 28, 2022
Your argument holds no ground.

Putin is doing exactly what westerns have done in the past. It's as simple as that.

I agree with you that two wrongs don't make a right, however, if we are to be rational and sincere, the US is in a better position to end the war.
Joe Biden can just make the assurance that Ukraine will not join NATO and that would put an end to the war.
I know this will make Biden and America look weak but if you can't give up your own ego to save lives don't expect another man to give up his.

3 Likes

Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by ayindejimmy(m): 2:36am On Feb 28, 2022
Imagine the scenario

My neighbour is my enemy.
And he's making friends with my other enemies and will soon host a party with all my enemies in which my paranoid mind tells me they will map out strategies to fight me.

So, what do I do? I put on a suicide vest, go to my neighbour's house and start beating him, just because I am stronger. And if anyone stronger than me come ,I threatened to blow up everything and everyone.

That's how Putins mind works
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by ayindejimmy(m): 2:37am On Feb 28, 2022
People that support Putin are...
Kids that think this is a joke.
Terrorists thinking it'll lead to end of the US
And those that think it makes them look more informed .
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by Karemarealty288(m): 3:07am On Feb 28, 2022
Putin may not survive a month on that seat.

Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by ivandragon: 5:10am On Feb 28, 2022
The irony is that those who accuse the US of being evil would chose to live in the same US over Russia if given a choice...

The US are not exactly good guys, but neither is Russia. The invasion of Ukraine was not necessary. Economic, political & diplomatic sanctions would have been enough warning to deter Ukraine from joining NATO.

Also, if Russia wasn't always bullying Ukraine at the slightest provocation, I doubt Ukraine would have sought solace in NATO.
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by helinues: 5:17am On Feb 28, 2022
What's the scores now?

I didn't follow the news on TV this weekend, why should I.

I actually learned a big lesson this particular weekend regarding the crisis between Ukraine and Russia.

All the matches that was played over the weekend in Europe, almost all the stadiums are full to the brim as if nothing is actually happening in Ukraine. If those who are supposed to be more concerned are not, why me?

So even upon life worries, life challenges, all those are small compared to experiencing war. Even if the Ukrainians are feeling like sleeping, that sleep won't be from the heart cos of their subconscious mind would be telling them not to loose guard.

To those who are wishing war to happen in Nigeria with their reckless attitudes and non challant behaviors, hope una dey see what war really look like now.. Think twice.

My thoughts are with Ukrainians oo. I go catch up with the updates later. This one wey the western medias have been bursted for spreading fake news regarding the events, na to stick to only interviews that involved all parties.
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by joyandfaith: 5:34am On Feb 28, 2022
Boland:
Your argument holds no ground.

Putin is doing exactly what westerns have done in the past. It's as simple as that.

I agree with you that two wrongs don't make a right, however, if we are to be rational and sincere, the US is in a better position to end the war.
Joe Biden can just make the assurance that Ukraine will not join NATO and that would put an end to the war.
I know this will make Biden and America look weak but if you can't give up your own ego to save lives don't expect another man to give up his.

Ukraine has not even met criteria to join NATO. Putin even said ukraine cannot join Russia. The truth is putin does not want a democratic nation as a neighbour. Invasion of ukraine will push her to be more pro-west.
The Soviet Union invaded Czechoslovakia in 1968. It invaded Hungary in 1956. It invaded Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia in 1940. It invaded Poland in 1939. All these countries are now members of NATO.
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by joyandfaith: 5:36am On Feb 28, 2022
helinues:
What's the scores now.

I didn't follow the news on TV this weekend, why should I.

I actually learned a big lesson this particular weekend regarding the crisis between Ukraine and Russia.

All the matches that was played over the weekend in Europe, almost all the stadiums are full to the brim as if nothing is actually happening in Ukraine. If those who are supposed to be more concerned are not, why me?

So even upon life worries, life challenges, all those are small compared to experiencing war. Even if the Ukrainians are feeling like sleeping, that sleep won't be from the heart cos of their subconscious mind would be telling them not to loose guard.

To those who are wishing war to happen in Nigeria with their reckless attitudes and non challant behaviors, hope una dey see what war really look like now.. Think twice.

My thoughts are with Ukrainians oo. I go catch up with the updates later. This one wey the western medias have been bursted for spreading fake news regarding the events, na to stick to only interviews that involved all parties.

Can you give us updates from eastern media?
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by joyandfaith: 5:37am On Feb 28, 2022
ayindejimmy:
Imagine the scenario

My neighbour is my enemy.
And he's making friends with my other enemies and will soon host a party with all my enemies in which my paranoid mind tells me they will map out strategies to fight me.

So, what do I do? I put on a suicide vest, go to my neighbour's house and start beating him, just because I am stronger. And if anyone stronger than me come ,I threatened to blow up everything and everyone.

That's how Putins mind works

Paranoid mind. That is how it works. Russia has pushed ukraine unnecessary.
The Soviet Union invaded Czechoslovakia in 1968. It invaded Hungary in 1956. It invaded Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia in 1940. It invaded Poland in 1939. All these countries are now members of NATO.
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by helinues: 5:53am On Feb 28, 2022
joyandfaith:

Can you give us updates from eastern media?

na to stick to only interviews that involved all parties

Bikonu, it's too early for this
Re: The Stupidity Of Cheering The Moscow-based Adolf Hitler For Killing Innocents by SarkinYarki: 7:36am On Feb 28, 2022
When Obama invaded Libya unjustly it wasnt Washington based Adolph Hitler?

(1) (Reply)

VP Commissions Toyota Certified Service Centre In Lagos / Why The Next President Of Nigeria Should Be An Igbo Christain / Immigration Boss Reacts To Suspension Of Biometric Capture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.