Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages (30018 Views)

Brand Your Nylon For Bread, Flour, Chicken, Cow, Shrink Nylon At LK STEAD PRINTS / Looking For The Best Nylon Design And Print For Bread, Rice Flour, Chicken E.t.c / Man Set To Eat 12 Fried Eggs Mixed With Sardine & 2 Big bread As His Breakfast(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Enyimbamercedes: 8:14am On Feb 28, 2022
Price of bread goes up...we eat stone
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Reference(m): 8:16am On Feb 28, 2022
Techsupport:
What is Nigeria good for, so we cannot grow ANYTHING?

Wheat is not a tropical crop.
Even the highly genetically modified varieties adapted to warmer conditions struggles to yield in these parts.Very few countries have the geographical latitude to cultivate every staple or every cash crop out there.
If I remember my geography right, I think it is only the United States that has both tropical and temperate climates suitable for everything from wheat in the north and middle, palm in the south and citruses in sunny California.

No country is self sufficient in everything.
What nations do is to dominate where they have comparative advantage and use those gains to subsidise imports. Why are we not dominating where we are naturally endowed?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Ekugbeh(m): 8:18am On Feb 28, 2022
Esseite:
Russia has it's own cards to play... No nation would see a Russian oil of $50 and pick OPEC of $200 when it's not their fight, same goes for wheat according to the article and other products it majors in.
who would buy Russian $50 oil?
Seems like some of you don't know international politics
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by boyfrank: 8:19am On Feb 28, 2022
Merechi:
So the price is about to increase. I hope a waiver will be given to those war mongers on nairaland

U dey mind them? they are edging Putin on from the safety of their smartphones. The sweet go reach everybody.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Szdorf: 8:19am On Feb 28, 2022
Nigeria is a scam , a liar by nature
I worked as shipping agent b4, any slid opportunity they use d advantage on mass
in fact most of the wheat imported to Nigeria is from Canada and Argentina , especially Canada with highest wheat exporter
So all this useless Nigeria bakers are killer to the mass today
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by benuejosh: 8:20am On Feb 28, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
It's not that viable for bread, that's why.

Had it been, they would have gone for that option when the price of wheat flour keep surging.

According to report, Cassava lacks gluten which is much important in bread making.

when we get to the bridge...
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by System202: 8:22am On Feb 28, 2022
freshkpomo:

Lies..... I see them all on Facebook with their Arab names abusing US and Israel as if they are the ones getting killied. Is that not foolishness?

Lastly I don't hate Muslims, I hate anything Arab because it's always filled with violence and blood thirst. It's pathetic that my northern brothers got caught up in the Arab web when they got invaded and islamized, which is the reason we have Boko Haram and Iswap today. Till date Arabs still sell black African slaves even after ending sisve trades. They still kidnap our ladies as sex slaves and sometimes harvest organs if black men which they sell to mainly China, Saudi, UAE and sometime India.

I can't love such people and anything related to them.... The Arab Invaders are not done with us blacks yet,they now bring in weapons through Libya to support terrorists groups killing us blacks... Yet our brothers up north keep staging protest for the Arabs, my friend let me tell you something " any friend of the Arabs is an enemy of black Africa". Arabs are the worst racist.

It's just funny how maliciously u tryna defend lies. In church u ar program to hate blindly. Us invade Iraq, Libya,,,,,, Israel invade palastine, Syria.,,, etc but bcs they are Muslims and u perceived them as enemies u chier them, is that not hypocrisy. I ur mind all those supporting Russia ar Muslim bcs Russia is an Islamic state and all those killed in Ukraine are Cristians. Is there any slavery more than what France Us are corrently doing to African countries? U support them and in their atrocities bcs u think they are Christians. tnk God Us does not regards as human they don't know u exist . Boko Haram are in the same league with Igbos and u ar also supporting them, they Igbos ar also consuming u.

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:25am On Feb 28, 2022
We've gotten there since these years, we couldn't Cross
benuejosh:
when we get to the bridge...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 28, 2022
Ekugbeh:
who would buy Russian $50 oil?
Seems like some of you don't know international politics

How come North Korea still trades with Nations despite unending sanctions from various bodies?
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Crafteck1: 8:30am On Feb 28, 2022
Why are they whining or looking for special treatment abeg, in Nigeria, arent we paying more?
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Brushstrokes20: 8:31am On Feb 28, 2022
Price that's been on steady increase ever before the war .... The shithole is a bad joke!
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by lifenajeje(m): 8:34am On Feb 28, 2022
benuejosh:
If there's no wheat then we have an alternative. We can use Cassava. It will also boost our local production. Our local farmers from the North will make more money.

Do you bake?

Have your baked using wheat and cassava flour ?

Have u carried out a blind man test on cassava and wheat flour using same ingredients to bake ?

Have u tried even mixing cassava flour with wheat flour to see if u can still get a close substitute to what you produce using only wheat flour ..

Cassava flour can never be compared to wheat flour in terms of taste ,,quality and yield .
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by kay29000(m): 8:42am On Feb 28, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
What an excuse to increase bread prices.

Lol!
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by ajayiopy: 8:42am On Feb 28, 2022
BABA,
WE CAN DO WITHOUT BREAD. NA TO SWITCH TO KOSE AND AKAMU. KINI BIG DEAL
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by kay29000(m): 8:43am On Feb 28, 2022
maticar:
Lol

Even though they have been increasing it before this war

Blame it on the war and increase again

Lol
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by kay29000(m): 8:44am On Feb 28, 2022
AfroKnight:
This bakers association is just an association of opportunists.

Exactly
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by freshkpomo(m): 8:45am On Feb 28, 2022
System202:

It's just funny how maliciously u tryna defend lies. In church u ar program to hate blindly. Us invade Iraq, Libya,,,,,, Israel invade palastine,

but but but IPOB don't say "when I Allah, you hack boom" undecided Check most Arab nations today, they are having one terrorism problem or another..even the Yemen you are talking about is been bombarded by Saudis but it's only Israel and America you people always talk of. Was it not your same Arab leagues that made Israel expand even further after the Arab war against Israel that led them to capturing enemies land just like what was done to Germany after they lost the world war? I have no business with France,but same France you claim enslaved Africa has so many black Africans living in their country more than your beloved Arabs. Check their national team, it's almost blacks... It's easier for a francophone country to get to play in French leagues than for we the English speakers to migrate from here to the UK and play in their league. Same people you said enslaved them oo..... And if you are not biased, how many times have you mentioned China in all of this? We have Chinese natinkas mining resources all over Africa illegally .. they are currently in my state mining gold (Edo) and no African leader can chase them out because they are Afraid and yet you condemn the west day and Night, neglecting China and the Arabs that are doing worse.

Between the west, East, Arabs adn Chinese who is more of a Racist? Even FULANI Arabs see themselves as your God not to talk of north African or Asian Arabs.

Lastly, I don't see this as a Christian Muslim war, I just hate the fact that some people celebrate this killing because they hate America and Israel yet same people will converge at Abuja to protest for Palestinians whom we don't even know or have citizens in their country, yet they celebrate the destruction if Ukraine where we have Nigerians, and America where so many Nigerians live and work and even had the opportunity of free visa during the American visa lottery,is that not stupidity?
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Karemarealty288(m): 8:48am On Feb 28, 2022
But the Bible says "Man must not live by Bread Alone"
Especially during endtime...Oga Righteousness2 abi I lie?

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by nurudeen181(m): 8:58am On Feb 28, 2022
Burgerlomo:
Apart from pencil, what else can Naija produce because ayam not understanding grin
you mean nigeria is now producing pencil?
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Blackdisciple(m): 9:04am On Feb 28, 2022
Any were around the world this has problem will always affect nigeria...

Soon we will pay more to agberos as Russia and Ukraine conflict deepens mumu...
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Nicepoker(m): 9:15am On Feb 28, 2022
benuejosh:
very well sir. There's an ethanol plant in Benue so Benue guys don't play with cassava
Seem you are not aware of the realities in this country.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by mozona(m): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2022
hmm..
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by whippersnapper(m): 9:21am On Feb 28, 2022
Burgerlomo:
Apart from pencil, what else can Naija produce because ayam not understanding grin
are you sure the produce pencils, coz the last time I checked we import toothpicks
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Ekugbeh(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2022
Esseite:

How come North Korea still trades with Nations despite unending sanctions from various bodies?
lol. I know you will come with this.
What's the trade volume? If I may ask
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 28, 2022
Ekugbeh:
lol. I know you will come with this.
What's the trade volume? If I may ask

Enough for its population..
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by kumulus(m): 9:45am On Feb 28, 2022
ICT talked about these situations especially with commodities all 2020/2021....

Crazy times and it hasn't all began yet.... really interesting times are upon us.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by yassinattah(m): 9:49am On Feb 28, 2022
And so what?
Our forefathers that didn't eat bread,didn't they eat other kinds of food.

If wheat worth more than human lives lost,let them keep their wheat and make human beings with them

Rubbish.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by System202: 9:59am On Feb 28, 2022
freshkpomo:

but but but IPOB don't say "when I Allah, you hack boom" undecided Check most Arab nations today, they are having one terrorism problem or another..even the Yemen you are talking about is been bombarded by Saudis but it's only Israel and America you people always talk of. Was it not your same Arab leagues that made Israel expand even further after the Arab war against Israel that led them to capturing enemies land just like what was done to Germany after they lost the world war? I have no business with France,but same France you claim enslaved Africa has so many black Africans living in their country more than your beloved Arabs. Check their national team, it's almost blacks... It's easier for a francophone country to get to play in French leagues than for we the English speakers to migrate from here to the UK and play in their league. Same people you said enslaved them oo..... And if you are not biased, how many times have you mentioned China in all of this? We have Chinese natinkas mining resources all over Africa illegally .. they are currently in my state mining gold (Edo) and no African leader can chase them out because they are Afraid and yet you condemn the west day and Night, neglecting China and the Arabs that are doing worse.

Between the west, East, Arabs adn Chinese who is more of a Racist? Even FULANI Arabs see themselves as your God not to talk of north African or Asian Arabs.

Lastly, I don't see this as a Christian Muslim war, I just hate the fact that some people celebrate this killing because they hate America and Israel yet same people will converge at Abuja to protest for Palestinians whom we don't even know or have citizens in their country, yet they celebrate the destruction if Ukraine where we have Nigerians, and America where so many Nigerians live and work and even had the opportunity of free visa during the American visa lottery,is that not stupidity?

u don't worth my time
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages by Kokaine(m): 10:03am On Feb 28, 2022
benuejosh:
If there's no wheat then we have an alternative. We can use Cassava. It will also boost our local production. Our local farmers from the North will make more money.
cassava is south though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Delicious Foods That Were Invented By Accident / Ichapi Peter: Man Who Delivers Food To Workers With Okada In Makurdi / Would You Have This For Lunch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.