Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine (11811 Views)

US Warns Citizens Of Terror Threats In Nigeria, Asks Them To Avoid ‘major Hotels / Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens / Harrysong Addresses Cows As "Sirs", "Senior Citizens Of Nigeria'' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by lusid: 7:15am On Feb 28, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Don't worry they will be safe.. Nigerians have been surviving the unsurvivable since day one..they always know how to squeeze and sort their way out of tight situations..
if I should get hold of you, I'm sending you to the front lines of war straight. There you will have sense. fool
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:16am On Feb 28, 2022
lusid:
if I should get hold of you, I'm sending you to the front lines of war straight. There you will have sense. fool
Slide off kiddo..
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by ayindejimmy(m): 7:22am On Feb 28, 2022
This statement doesn't take any definite position
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by foreshore(m): 7:22am On Feb 28, 2022
presidency:
While efforts to begin talks between Russia and Ukraine are underway, paramount on our minds is the safety and human rights of some four thousand Nigerian citizens and many others from friendly African nations today stranded in Ukraine.

There is a long history dating back to decades of Nigerians and other Africans studying in Ukraine, particularly medicine. The majority of Nigerian citizens in the country today are university-enrolled students.

From video evidence, first-hand reports, and from those in contact with their wards and/or Nigerian consular officials there have been unfortunate reports of Ukrainian police and security personnel refusing to allow Nigerians to board buses and trains heading towards the Ukraine-Poland border.

In one video widely circulating on social media, a Nigerian mother with her young baby was filmed being physically forced to give up her seat to another person.

There are also separate reports of Polish officials simply refusing Nigerian citizens’ entry into Poland from Ukraine.

One group of Nigerian students having been repeatedly refused entry into Poland have concluded they have no choice but to travel again across Ukraine and attempt to exit the country via the border with Hungary.

We understand the pain and fear that is confronting all people who find themselves in this terrifying place.

We also appreciate that those in official positions in security and border management will in most cases be experiencing impossible expectations in a situation they never expected.

But, for that reason, it is paramount that everyone is treated with dignity and without favour.

All who flee a conflict situation have the same right to safe passage under UN Convention and the colour of their passport or their skin should make no difference.

As a nation, we are proud of those educated in Kyiv and Kharkiv and other cities and centres of learning who have returned to Nigeria to perform great service for our nation and our people.

Without the generosity of spirit of the Ukrainian people that would never have been possible.

We pray for those directly affected by this conflict.

Nigeria, with our 200 million people, support all and every diplomatic effort to bring this war to an end.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
February 27, 2022

You only gave us a situation report but no offer of solution from the government to help those in this precarious situation.
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by Traplord09: 7:49am On Feb 28, 2022
fayahude:
Ask Nigerian citizens in Russia to come home, the war is taking a different turn already.

Even nigerian worst passenger side door
Last I join de fright da to come back to nightmare nigerian were black don't care about Black......

See de kill in nigeria if not DSS or NDLA or EFCC or loca black plastic surgery police department.. or political useing application people to kill themselves..

I can't come back other countries are far batter then nigerian
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by ProfAmaben(m): 7:55am On Feb 28, 2022
Shameless country
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 8:20am On Feb 28, 2022
SeunWedsLinda:
Government of statement. Na only to release statement dem sabi. India released her statement in the plane conveying her citizens back home. That's how a top government that care for her citizens behave.

Government of statement and inshallah.

Abeg I hear say Ukraine dey look for volunteers to help them fight war. Where the form dey?
me sef don deh asked people bout the form.. in case you come across it any where, pls help a brother by quoting me... abeg
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by NaBanga: 8:34am On Feb 28, 2022
They are so far behind. They have failed Nigerians in the Ukraine while Oyedepo is bringing Nigerian citizens home. Now is the time to evacuate Nigerians from Russia.

The Nigerian federal government has a long history of abandoning its citizens in a time of crisis. They would rather hoard money for their families, than help their fellow black man. They don't realize that it hurts them and their generations to come. No one respects the black man because the black man does not respect himself.
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by Dsparker(f): 8:47am On Feb 28, 2022
Baba1234:
It is important that you make efforts in bringing those who are being held in a country against her freewill. The first circular that stated that in the event of war outbreak, Nigerians should fend for themselves in Ukraine. This made clear the intention of the Nigerian government towards its citizens in Ukraine. This is appalling,.

And by the way apart from the women, ladies and the young ones. For those who called Ukraine their home, and those who are willing to stay after studies. WHY ARE U RUNNING FROM THE CHALLENGE THE COUNTRY IS FACING? What happens to helping in any way you can.. even if you can't bear arms? Patriotism starts from NOT running away from the things you like at every slightest provocation.

If the war happened to be in Nigeria, won't they also call their citizens back, they would not hesitate to pull everyone of them back home. In as much as they go there for greener pastures, they still have a home they can return to when trouble starts.
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by Baba1234: 8:59am On Feb 28, 2022
Dsparker:

If the war happened to be in Nigeria, won't they also call their citizens back, they would not hesitate to pull everyone of them back home. In as much as they go there for greener pastures, they still have a home they can return to when trouble starts.

Yes, they would pull back while some would choose to stay ... Don't try to justify cowards who don't take anything serious in life, they jump into unnecessary conclusions making their lives and loved ones more confusing...they are quick to deny anything even their family if it threatened their lives.. I'm saying they should stay to die... But they should a battle and not jumping around like a boomerang
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by techWriter3: 9:10am On Feb 28, 2022
tell Nigeriansn citizens in Russia to Bring home, the invasion is doing a different crank already
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by alamscolo(m): 9:17am On Feb 28, 2022
SeunWedsLinda:
Government of statement. Na only to release statement dem sabi. India released her statement in the plane conveying her citizens back home. That's how a top government that care for her citizens behave.

Abeg I hear say Ukraine dey look for volunteers to help them fight war. Where the form dey?

Biko if you see, send me a copy pls I need am like madt
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by SmartPolician: 9:27am On Feb 28, 2022
Putin should know that our world is so connected for one nation to bully another without the approval of others.
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by sucess001(m): 9:35am On Feb 28, 2022
SeunWedsLinda:

Some of you don't have sense.

You want them to send a plan to a closed airspace? Or send plan that could be hit by a rocket?

I criticise the Nigerian govt a lot but the way they have handled this is remarkable. Even other African countries are queueing behind Nigeria and trying to benefit from Nigerias handling of the situation

1 Like

Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by rainlover(m): 10:02am On Feb 28, 2022
The Nigeria government does not even value the life its citizens
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by SeunWedsLinda(m): 10:09am On Feb 28, 2022
sucess001:

Some of you don't have sense.

You want them to send a plan to a closed airspace? Or send plan that could be hit by a rocket?

I criticise the Nigerian govt a lot but the way they have handled this is remarkable. Even other African countries are queueing behind Nigeria and trying to benefit from Nigerias handling of the situation
you're most senseless person here. How was the Indian government able to airlift her citizens from Ukraine. Obviously by using the closest neighboring country in this case, Poland, Romania or Moldova would be the best bet. You and your president have something in common which is you're both clueless
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by sucess001(m): 10:56am On Feb 28, 2022
SeunWedsLinda:
you're most senseless person here. How was the Indian government able to airlift her citizens from Ukraine. Obviously by using the closest neighboring country in this case, Poland, Romania or Moldova would be the best bet. You and your president have something in common which is you're both clueless

I sense you feel you made sense. So what is the point of airlifting your citizens from war free Poland when it's easier to go back to Uknraine when the war is over from Poland. Even if India did it, how many other countries did?

You don't have sense but you think you do. That's worse.
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by Germi9: 11:04am On Feb 28, 2022
benuejosh:
While we condemn war, it is also time for Nigeria to make money. I am a capitalist so don't blame me.
Abi o ,but the useless government are not thinking in that direction
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by Zeefort: 11:09am On Feb 28, 2022
Hello beloved
With a sober heart and never thought I could ever do this in my life, I seek for financial help from you all.
Having lost my job since last year August, I have been living on the little I earn with my handiwork to take care of my family but a very big issue around me now that I have been unable to sort out is my rent which is due for payment for 4month now. Today 28th of February is the last day for me to pay or pack out before 11:55pm which was signed by me last month. I plead to you all, no amount is small, I hv 20% of the rent already but needed to complete it immediately today. Please support me with any amount.
Zero zero three six two eight six five nine six. GTB
God Almight bless you all
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by Panda7(m): 11:39am On Feb 28, 2022
Nigerians or Africans didn't create or cause war in Ukraine so they shouldn't be victims, if not for the education everyone of them would be human in their homes.
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by ajl: 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2022
SeunWedsLinda:

And some senseless fellow was shouting "giant of Africa" in a related post. Evil people.
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by ajl: 3:14pm On Feb 28, 2022
Baba1234:
It is important that you make efforts in bringing those who are being held in a country against her freewill. The first circular that stated that in the event of war outbreak, Nigerians should fend for themselves in Ukraine. This made clear the intention of the Nigerian government towards its citizens in Ukraine. This is appalling,.

And by the way apart from the women, ladies and the young ones. For those who called Ukraine their home, and those who are willing to stay after studies. WHY ARE U RUNNING FROM THE CHALLENGE THE COUNTRY IS FACING? What happens to helping in any way you can.. even if you can't bear arms? Patriotism starts from NOT running away from the things you like at every slightest provocation.

Are you on drugs? What a crazy fellow you must be. You asking people, foreigners for that matter to remain in a war torn country. It's like "heaven" decided to drop some set of callously dumb set of people in Nigeria.
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by SeunWedsLinda(m): 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
sucess001:

I sense you feel you made sense. So what is the point of airlifting your citizens from war free Poland when it's easier to go back to Uknraine when the war is over from Poland. Even if India did it, how many other countries did?

You don't have sense but you think you do. That's worse.
and how certain are you that the war would end soon? Why would your citizens occupy refugee camps when in the actual sense they're not the ones affected? Will their studies resume immediately after the war? Keep manifesting your clueless and unintelligent self on a public forum. You lack the acumen to draw logical conclusion from issues.

Ghana just airlifted her citizens from Ukraine through Romania. Keep making excuses for a useless government like Nigeria's.
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by ilebaye2017(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
Orangedreams:
Trying hard to figure out the essence of this statement from Garba Shehu.
Honestly, a very, empty statement
Absolutely empty
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by sucess001(m): 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2022
SeunWedsLinda:
and how certain are you that the war would end soon? Why would your citizens occupy refugee camps when in the actual sense they're not the ones affected? Will their studies resume immediately after the war? Keep manifesting your clueless and unintelligent self on a public forum. You lack the acumen to draw logical conclusion from issues.

Ghana just airlifted her citizens from Ukraine through Romania. Keep making excuses for a useless government like Nigeria's.

If you were smart, you would have realised that the person you are engaging is more intelligent than you.

First, there was no airlift by Ghanaian govt. The closest thing to this was a train hired to move Ghanian students and even that was attacked by Russians. Google is free bro.

Only India has airlifted it's citizens. Just a few actually. Then again, your brain is unable to process the relative distance of India and Nigeria from ground zero.

It's a public forum like you said, if you must spew rubbish, do so intelligently.
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by SeunWedsLinda(m): 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2022
sucess001:

If you were smart, you would have realised that the person you are engaging is more intelligent than you.

First, there was no airlift by Ghanaian govt. The closest thing to this was a train hired to move Ghanian students and even that was attacked by Russians. Google is free bro.

Only India has airlifted it's citizens. Just a few actually. Then again, your brain is unable to process the relative distance of India and Nigeria from ground zero.

It's a public forum like you said, if you must spew rubbish, do so intelligently.
you missed the vital part which is to verify claims of Ghana following in the footstep of India. You came up with conjectures rather than facts. That alone makes my attempt at educating you on the dynamics of international politics a futile one. Continue living in delusion
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by sucess001(m): 11:51pm On Feb 28, 2022
SeunWedsLinda:
you missed the vital part which is to verify claims of Ghana following in the footstep of India. You came up with conjectures rather than facts. That alone makes my attempt at educating you on the dynamics of international politics a futile one. Continue living in delusion

I did check. Prove me otherwise. Big grams doesn't replace common sense
Re: Statement On Nigerian And Citizens Of Other African Countries In Ukraine by Newton2024: 11:58pm On Feb 28, 2022
[s]
benuejosh:
While we condemn war, it is also time for Nigeria to make money. I am a capitalist so don't blame me.
[/s]All these kids on NL, supporting Putin and regurgitating right wing propaganda, I have a question for you all. If what Putin is doing is so great why are RUSSIANS protesting against him? Most terr-orists surporting the dictator are irrational and illogical. They must headslammers, northerners or members of APC.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Impeachment: Soyinka Backs Lawmakers Against Buhari / Food Insecurity, Famine Looming In Nigeria - Edward Kallon Calls For Help / Over 1,000 Nigerians Held In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.