Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,713 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions (24172 Views)

Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency / Russian Ruble Is Now Worth Less Than 1 U.S. Cent After SWIFT Bank Sanctions. / Nigerian Equities Drop To One-year Low After 1.29% Loss Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 28, 2022
goodheart01:

Honestly this kind of yeye people dey vex me
He is just busy insulting everyone without coming up with any reasonable argument.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by freshkpomo(m): 9:37am On Feb 28, 2022
anonymous1759:

always talking about Visas. Most everything be about stomach infrastructure?

ekpa.... Is that why your two zombie brothers have decided bto kill Nigerians with hunger? The two trekkers, one treks with cow (Buhari clan) while the other treks with Agbo and manpower (Osinbajo clan)... Zombie Arab backward head slamming slave... Your people are still fighting Jihad in a modern world all over the Earth..
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by jaxxy(m): 9:39am On Feb 28, 2022
athaboi:
Gen gen
I think it's even nice the west didn't send their troop there...strong Sanctions then follow it up with military equipment support for Ukraine! Ukraine is doing a great job...it will be hard for Russia to fall Kiev

Sending troops there would have escalated things very fast and even degenerate to a global war bt using sanctions de escalates the situation.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by jaxxy(m): 9:43am On Feb 28, 2022
HitSong:
It will never be well with USÀ, NATÒ and EU.
BLOODY bastards and HYPOCRITES.
Putin is fighting a just course.
My neighbor can not be having affairs with criminals and I will feel comfortable with it.

I support Putin 100%

Everybody has said negotiate with ur neighbors. Ur neighbors even called u to negotiate. U no gree

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by Bluffly: 9:47am On Feb 28, 2022
HitSong:
My neighbor can not be having affairs with criminals and I will feel comfortable with it.

I support Putin 100%
he has other 3 NATO neighbours why is he not attacking them

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by adeolaben(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2022
justosee:
You need to research well.
Ok... You need to learn Russian language and read news in Russian language
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by blazesam(m): 9:52am On Feb 28, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

He told you he is tired Abi cause you said you know

Do you know what it means by everybody been against u?
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by NairaMaster1(m): 9:54am On Feb 28, 2022
twosquare:
Putin has said times and times again that if any country interferes, he will teach them a lesson they will never forget and Russia is not all about winning but sending a message.

Our prayer is that it doesn't go further than this.

If it does, those still touting good economies will fall into chaos by the time full war break out in that hemisphere. It won't be only Rus that will be hurt.

That reminds me of the new year prophecy this year that people should move their funds to digital assets. We don't know what's coming yet.

I just have this weird feeling that Russia is hiding something. Who else does? I may be wrong anyway.

Kikikikikiki

Which lesson? So you are still dreaming that Russia is stronger than the US, UK, France and Germany put together?

Ok ooo.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by adeolaben(m): 9:54am On Feb 28, 2022
Bluffly:

he has other 3 NATO neighbours why is he not attacking them
they are non Russian speaking neighbors
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by Funflipper: 9:56am On Feb 28, 2022
snaiper:
Their central bank raised rate 20% to fend for this.

They should be ready to go up to 1000%.
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by NairaMaster1(m): 9:56am On Feb 28, 2022
HitSong:

I support Putin 100%

Go and join Putin in Ukraine and stop crying here.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by rainlover(m): 9:57am On Feb 28, 2022
At least the currency is still valuable than the naira
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by Proudlyomonna: 10:01am On Feb 28, 2022
ButterBurger:
Mr Putin has miscalculated.

Nah I don't think he miscalculated.
I think he was fully aware and educated on the impact of his actions,but still chose to carry on with this senseless invasion.
That something to fear�
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by jrusky(m): 10:02am On Feb 28, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
This is serious tho.. cry
Putin put your ego and pride down then tell your army to retreat..stop hurting your economy cos of your selfish interest..
Stop listening to your puppets on here who are hyping you..

I pity the average Russians who are in tears right now..most are really feeling the heat...
You deserve what's happening to you cos no sane being will act the way you did..
Some said Ukraine will fall by Sunday (DoggoneBoy) and some others ...but here they are still standing firm ambushing and taking Russia soldiers swiftly..

Where are Putin's puppet who said the sanction has no effect on Russia's economy?let's see how they plan on surviving this heavy calamity on them..
We don't want any terrorist or bloody dictators in our time..Archduke Ferdinand..Hitler.. Saddam Hussein... and some other monster taught the world a lesson and the west won't want any of those nonsense to repeat itself..

Bro just leave him by the time they are done with him he would understand pride always ends in destruction, may be then his NL supporters will be donating money for him we shall see.

I remember one of NL fool supporting the bitch called Putin said the world body sanctions is toothless I just laughed. Putin will go down like Hitler, you can not alone fight the entire world and live to tell the story.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:08am On Feb 28, 2022
jrusky:

Bro just leave him by the time they are done with him he would understand pride always ends in destruction, may be then his NL supporters will be donating money for him we shall see.

I remember one of NL fool supporting the bitch called Putin said the world body sanctions is toothless I just laughed. Putin will go down like Hitler, you can not alone fight the entire world and live to tell the story.

Exactly..
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by ButterBurger: 10:09am On Feb 28, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Nah I don't think he miscalculated.
I think he was fully aware and educated on the impact of his actions,but still chose to carry on with this senseless invasion.
That something to fear�
well I think he miscalculated, he thought the world would be scared of him.
Let him use his nuclear bomb first. Then let's see things would look like.
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by twosquare(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2022
NairaMaster1:

Kikikikikiki

Which lesson? So you are still dreaming that Russia is stronger than the US, UK, France and Germany put together?

Ok ooo.
France that Hitler overrun in a matter of days? Baba, forget that thing. When it comes to war, no one can predict the outcome...not Russia, not NATO, or the US.
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by Boss469(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2022
twosquare:
Putin has said times and times again that if any country interferes, he will teach them a lesson they will never forget and Russia is not all about winning but sending a message.

If it does, those still touting good economies will fall into chaos by the time full war break out in that hemisphere. It won't be only Rus that will be hurt.

That reminds me of the new year prophecy this year that people should move their funds to digital assets. We don't know what's coming yet.

I just have this weird feeling that Russia is hiding something. Who else does? I may be wrong anyway.

It will hurt them more.
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by udemzyudex(m): 10:16am On Feb 28, 2022
twosquare:

Lesson they will never forget my foot,all na wash.

Germany has interferes by sending weapons, Poland and British have also interferes by sending weapons back with sanctions what has he done?

Hiding what? This war has shown the world that Russia is just a loud mouth and always forming they have weapons,just look at the old things they are taking to Ukraine to fight,they don't even have the finance to keep this war going.

Tanks are broken down some due to no fuel etc.
Abegi jare.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by Lordhades21(m): 10:24am On Feb 28, 2022
HitSong:

I support Putin 100%

Now let me ask you, has Ukraine been involved in any act of violence against russia?? You say his war is just? How is it just? Ukraine is a sovereign state, they have the right to do what ever they want as long as they havnt attacked or harmed any Russian citizen. You blame America for bombings, but half this countries have been responsible for terrosit acts on so many nations. Putin has no right to dictate what Ukraine should do or not do as they are independent. If it bothers him, he should worry about making Russia a bigger force to reckon with, no attacking another country cause of his propaganda. The same thing he is doing is what Germany did only to start the second World War, you don't just wake up and decide you wanna invade a sovereign country simply cause they chose to join nato. This only serves to strengthen your enemies and push more to wanna join all cause they are scared as they should rightfully be. What is to stop Putin from evading other countries if he should be successful with Ukraine.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by adeolaben(m): 10:26am On Feb 28, 2022
For anyone that thinks the war is affe ting only Russia... I just dey laugh angry

The US nasdaq I falling heavily..... That's just from tech ooo

Oil sef dey on high side.... 9ja suppose dey enjoy now
I work with facts, not some crazy Western news.

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by adeolaben(m): 10:32am On Feb 28, 2022
Any trader in the house can use that setup ... It's a perfect deal
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by Heffalump(m): 10:33am On Feb 28, 2022
HitSong:
I support Putin 100%

You better go and commit suicide since you don't like USA, NATO because they will continue to screw the a.ss of terrorists and dictators like Putin.

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by dogooder: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2022
Russia money is now nosediving

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by feedthenation(m): 10:38am On Feb 28, 2022
Out of Russia;

"Bank of Russia increases key rate by 10.5 pp to 20%"

February 28 2022, 02:38

"Bank of Russia increases key rate by 10.5 pp to 20%
External conditions for the Russian economy have drastically changed, the regulator noted.

The board of directors of the Bank of Russia has decided to increase the key rate by 10.5 percentage points to 20% per annum starting February 28. This will support the financial and price stability and protect the savings of citizens from depreciation, the regulator said in a statement on Monday.

This is an all-time high of the key rate. The previous record of 17% was hit in December 2014.

"The Bank of Russia Board of Directors decided to increase the key rate to 20% per annum from 28 February 2022. External conditions for the Russian economy have drastically changed. The increase of the key rate will ensure a rise in deposit rates to levels needed to compensate for the increased depreciation and inflation risks. This is needed to support financial and price stability and protect the savings of citizens from depreciation," the statement said......"

(Russia media) TASS

---economic situation in Russia not looking good---and it's only 2 days into the sanctions---

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by adeolaben(m): 10:55am On Feb 28, 2022
feedthenation:
Out of Russia;

"Bank of Russia increases key rate by 10.5 pp to 20%"

February 28 2022, 02:38

"Bank of Russia increases key rate by 10.5 pp to 20%
External conditions for the Russian economy have drastically changed, the regulator noted.

The board of directors of the Bank of Russia has decided to increase the key rate by 10.5 percentage points to 20% per annum starting February 28. This will support the financial and price stability and protect the savings of citizens from depreciation, the regulator said in a statement on Monday.

This is an all-time high of the key rate. The previous record of 17% was hit in December 2014.

"The Bank of Russia Board of Directors decided to increase the key rate to 20% per annum from 28 February 2022. External conditions for the Russian economy have drastically changed. The increase of the key rate will ensure a rise in deposit rates to levels needed to compensate for the increased depreciation and inflation risks. This is needed to support financial and price stability and protect the savings of citizens from depreciation," the statement said......"

(Russia media) TASS

---economic situation in Russia not looking good---and it's only 2 days into the sanctions---

Just some measures to stabilize the economy

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by Techguy96(m): 11:00am On Feb 28, 2022
dvkot:
Normal.. That's what will happen the sanction will affect them, same way it will affect Europe and usa everybody go feel am.
EU will pay higher for gas, Russia will look for alternative to swift probably with china,
US stocks too will go low. And funny thing is Russia haven't even made their sanction yet and it will be a low blow to usa
EU are already looking for alternative to gas, Saudi Arabia and countries like Nigeria dey sell gas too don't forget.
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by feedthenation(m): 11:03am On Feb 28, 2022
---BP also dumping its 20% shares in Russian oil giant Rosneft---

Trading in the Moscow Exchange has been delayed until late afternoon because they are dreading the inevitable massive sell off that's going to occur---
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by Techguy96(m): 11:04am On Feb 28, 2022
twosquare:

Almost all countries has interfere already, just yesterday US sent weapons worth 300 million dollars to Ukraine, same as Germany.
I feel this is the worst Putin can do, nuclear weapons is out of the picture, because he cannot nuke Ukraine.
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by anonymous1759(m): 11:07am On Feb 28, 2022
freshkpomo:

ekpa.... Is that why your two zombie brothers have decided bto kill Nigerians with hunger? The two trekkers, one treks with cow (Buhari clan) while the other treks with Agbo and manpower (Osinbajo clan)... Zombie Arab backward head slamming slave... Your people are still fighting Jihad in a modern world all over the Earth..

Incompetent Fooooooool. Your head won’t work for money ritual because it’s not actually working it’s controlled by the west MUMU
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by dvkot(m): 11:10am On Feb 28, 2022
Techguy96:

EU are already looking for alternative to gas, Saudi Arabia and countries like Nigeria dey sell gas too don't forget.
100years to come they will still need gas ... You think it's that easy to switch from gas to renewable
Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions by danngnews: 11:12am On Feb 28, 2022
dvkot:
Normal.. That's what will happen the sanction will affect them, same way it will affect Europe and usa everybody go feel am.
EU will pay higher for gas, Russia will look for alternative to swift probably with china,
US stocks too will go low. And funny thing is Russia haven't even made their sanction yet and it will be a low blow to usa

Story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / GTBANK Introduce Security Pin For *737# Transactions / First Bank Main Market Onitsha On Fire (Live Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.