Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,315 members, 7,829,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Why #blacklivesmatter Is Trending On Twitter - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why #blacklivesmatter Is Trending On Twitter (246 Views)

Toto: Meet 24-year-old Kenyan Lady Who Is Trending On Twitter / President Trump Gets Censored On Twitter For His Tweet Threatening Americans / Donald Trump Blasts CNN On Twitter, CNN Replies With An Epic Clapback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why #blacklivesmatter Is Trending On Twitter by Gemid94(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2022
The #BlackLivesMatter has been trending on Twitter following the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The phrase “black lives matter” first gained attention after it was used by a black community organiser in a Facebook post following the 2013 acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of black teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida.

Previous Center analyses of the hashtag show that its use and its influence grew to national prominence after Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson fatally shot Michael Brown in 2014 but was not indicted in the death of the black teen in November of that year.

Penultimately, the #BlackLivesMatter is currently Number 3 on Twitter trends as some netizens, Africans in particular accusing Ukraine of being racists despite being under attack by Russia.

https://www.thequesttimes.com/why-blacklivesmatter-is-trending-on-twitter/

Re: Why #blacklivesmatter Is Trending On Twitter by Nonexisting: 9:46am On Feb 28, 2022
The day this ongoing war broke out was the day I started seeing those Nigerians in Ukraine with the same eye I see Igbos living in the North. If anything had happened to them, I would've counted it that they committed suicide. You see war coming and you don't want to run but turn around to blame people who prioritize the safety of their own people. You want me to rescue an Abeokuta man before rescuing my Obowo brother, no be juju be that?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Day 4 Of The Russian Offensive In The Ukraine / After Russia Invades Ukraine, China Says U.S. Support For Taiwan 'futile' / Moments A Russian Iskander Ballistic Missile Landed On A Ukrainian Military Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.