Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,131 members, 7,825,540 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine (1535 Views)

Lil Kesh And Young John Fell Twice While Performing On Stage / More Lovely Photos Of Beyonce And Jay-z Sight-seeing In Italy / Beyonce And Jay Z Shares Núde Pictures On Bed, Fans Reacts (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by GameGod(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2022
Beyonce and Young Thug are among the stars bringing awareness to the plight of African families and students who have been left stranded in Ukraine.

Since President Vladimir Putin began Russia’s invasion of Ukraine last week, reports have mounted of Black people being left behind at the border and allegedly blocked from travelling to safer territory.

Video clips of African and Caribbean migrants stranded at train stations have become widespread on social media, while many have shared their accounts of being subjected to racial abuse.

Offering to help those desperately in need, US rapper Young Thug – real name Jeffrey Lamar Williams – wrote in his Instagram stories last night: ‘If some of my rap brothers are in I’m willing to help Africans get out of Ukraine however I can sense [sic] they not letting us pass.

Who ever [sic] holds the info for these movements please contact me ASAP I’m ready.’

The Lifestyle rapper received a response from private jet entrepreneur PJ Kev, who wrote: ‘I’m wit you my brother. Anything I can do. Reach out Asap.’

Young Thug also received support from rapper Strick, who wrote: ‘This needs to be Shared more! I’m with you slime ! Proud of you my brother. Always been a true leader.’

Beyonce’s charitable foundation BeyGood addressed the devastating reports of Black people being mistreated at the border, with a tweet shared on its Twitter account, stating: ‘We are saddened by the news of African and other international students being denied at the border as they attempt to leave Ukraine.

‘We are hopeful that the various embassies could swiftly rectify the situation to help those in need of support.’

One Nigerian student claimed on Twitter: ‘We are currently at the Ukraine -Poland border. Their Police and Army refused to let Africans cross they only allow Ukrainian.

Some have slept here for 2 days under this scorching cold weather, while many have gone back to Lviv.’

One man named Osarumen, a Nigerian father-of-three, claimed he was forced to disembark a bus after being told ‘no Blacks’.

Speaking to The Independent, he explained: ‘I cannot imagine a scenario where white Ukranians would ever be denied asylum so how they’re treating us is unwarranted. It’s baseless. We are all escaping so let’s push a common thread.’

Two women from the UK, with a third in Ukraine, have raised over £20,000 to support African and Caribbean students currently stranded in the country.
https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/28/beyonce-and-young-thug-react-to-african-migrants-stranded-in-ukraine-16189213/

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by Emdsa: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2022
So sad about this development
Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by mcbreeze: 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2022
And some are here, praying for them. They don't care about us.

3 Likes

Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by pyyxxaro: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2022
Yahoo boys, hope una de see fresh format cry
Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by Chassyklef: 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hmm
Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:25pm On Feb 28, 2022
That's really so nice of them, thumbs up, where are those fake Nigerian yeyebrities?

2 Likes

Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by heniford2: 4:25pm On Feb 28, 2022
pyyxxaro:
lol grin grin quick cash out Ahh!
Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by MufasaLion: 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2022
Young Thug!!! That's my slime. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by MufasaLion: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2022
Ikillbrokehoes:
That's really so nice of them, thumbs up, where are those fake Nigerian yeyebrities?

They're busy with money spraying competition and clout chasing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by Puttin: 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2022
pyyxxaro:
you bloody civillian!
Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by Proudlyomonna: 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2022
I have someone who says one of the procedures is to allow families pass first.
And mostly the Africans there are singles.
Not making a case for the Ukrainian govt of they playing games though.
Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by streetsoldier1(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
pyyxxaro:

better format loading
Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by HausaIgboYoruba: 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2022
Nice
Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by BloomingDale(f): 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2022
I have noted those names and will support their hustle. Meanwhile the foolish Nigerians can continue praying and supporting their oppressors.
Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by CHAVINCI: 12:05am On Mar 01, 2022
both countries are bloody racists, they can kill each other for all I care
Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by pretydiva(f): 6:43am On Mar 01, 2022
This Is sad cry. All we need is peace and not war
Re: Beyonce And Young Thug React To Africans Stranded In Ukraine by We4all: 7:14am On Mar 01, 2022
What about the blacks who are Ukrainian citizens, are they also being restricted?

(1) (Reply)

Bob Is Pregnant - Crossdresser Bobrisky New Look At Event Sparks Reaction(video) / Africa's 10 Sexiest Women? / Iyanya Is The Sexiest Man Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.