Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,935 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:18 PM

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union (72028 Views)

Pope Francis Meets With Ukrainian President Zelenskyy At The Vatican (Photos) / Hilarious Videos Of Zelenskyy Before He Became President Of Ukraine (Video) / Who Is Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Europe’s Most Vulnerable President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by muykem: 1:40am On Mar 01, 2022
festacman:
President Putin should note that it is a FATHERLY Russia rather
than a BULLY Russia that will make neighboring countries not to look in the direction of NATO. Bullying and threats will only breed suspicion and contempt among neighbors. Imposing puppets as Presidents will only make the general populace of those countries resent Russia. President Putin made Russia's neighbors enemies rather than friends.

Although this war against Ukraine has sent a "get yourself armed" message to other countries, the only way forward now is for President Putin to clean the slate and gather his diplomatic experts to develop a new approach to relating to neighbors.

If anything, all the members of defunct Soviet Union should be more comfortable and assured in dealing with RUSSIA as a big brother than dealing with EU, USA or NATO.
You have summarised it. Threat from Russia is reason why Ukraine and other sisters conutry are looking towards NATO,US e.t.c for help.
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by goodheart01: 1:41am On Mar 01, 2022
Amah70:

Putin is nuclear armed.
If this enrages him, the world is on a keg of gunpowder.
Common sense: Ukrainian president shouldn't be doing things that can enrage Putin.

Stop all these nuclear arm threat shit and talk like a human being for once. Is Russia the only country with nuclear arms?! What nonsense!! The US has almost the same number of nuclear war heads as Russia does. Other countries have their fair share too. If Putin dares nuke any country all NATO nuclear powers will Nuke Russia to dust. If he thinks he’s mad then there are people who are crazy

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by muykem: 1:42am On Mar 01, 2022
chronique:
I don't think it's a bad thing for him to join EU. The only problem Russia had with Ukraine was joining NATO.
That's the first step to join NATO.
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by goodheart01: 1:45am On Mar 01, 2022
Kunja2:
overrated? How? E be like you no know Russia sha

Russia is overrated. Know this and know peace. If after 4 days Ukraine is still standing, the have failed. And that’s why Putin is frustrated and looking for nuclear weapons to cover his shame

USA is giving Putin the same treatment a father will give a stubborn child. No need to fight with the child because the father fit use vex kill am. Just sanction some punishment on him and he'll begin to cry

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by shinealight(m): 1:51am On Mar 01, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Nice one..a new Ukraine.. cheesy
Putin must be so embarrassed and frustrated right now.. cheesy

Hmmmm….this how a Third World War can easily start. If Ukraine’s request is granted, then further attack on the country can be construed as an attack on the EU as a block. Next thing, they will accept the country into NATO which is a military defence pact…..say no more!
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by goodheart01: 1:55am On Mar 01, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
This zelensky must be a fool. Hes doing as he's told to do by the west. No worry, when russia is done with Ukraine, they will just call back their troops and your country will turn to Afghanistan or Libya

I know you’ll be here as No. 1 Putin drunken man. Yeah Putin is already scoring own goals have u heard For your information other European countries and NATO will support Ukraine to build and rise faster just to spite Putin to commit suicide.

I thought u said Russia was bad ass?? How come the Ukrainian president don see dem finish still go wan join EU?? Why is Putin suddenly calling for nuclear attack for just small Ukraine issue... Lol

This wasn’t all about warfare for the US, they were looking for an opportunity to cripple the small Russian economy. Putin never used his head before going into this war, and he fell for America’s trap out of stupidity. An Ego driven man doesn’t see any flaw in his plans. A mad man doesn’t even know he’s mad. And a dog that wants to die hardly perceives shit.

USA is giving Putin the same treatment a father will give a stubborn child. No need to fight wit the child because the father fit use vex kill am. Just sanction some punishment on him and he'll begin to cry
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by pansophist(m): 1:58am On Mar 01, 2022
Signing an application to join EU is different from being admitted into the EU. Also, the TEU (treaty of the functioning of the European union) concerning the ascension of new members states, article 49 stipulate that:

"Membership requires that candidate country has achieved stability of institutions guaranteeing democracy, the rule of law, human rights, respect for and protection of minorities, the existence of a functioning market economy as well as the capacity to cope with competitive pressure and market forces within the Union. Membership presupposes the candidate's ability to take on the obligations of membership including adherence to the aims of political, economic and monetary union."

If you observe the quoted, do you honestly think Ukraine fulfils those requirements? Firstly, the treatment of their Russian minority is so bad, there are videos online where ethnic Russians are burnt alive and hanged, especially from the far right azov nazi group that populates Ukraine in support of their government. Also, alot of countries that are richer, peaceful and far better than Ukraine in every way are still on the waiting list for EU admission, but no headway yet (eg Serbia). And Ukraine is fantastically corrupt.

I remember paying about hundred Hrvnia to the Ukrainian police just to get a police record when I lost my ID when I was there. They won't help me until I pay, which I did. Ukraine is too corrupt, too poor, and too backward to be integrated into the EU. Lots of countries in Africa have a higher GDP per capita than Ukraine, it is that bad. Ukraine will spend at least the next 25 years working really really really hard on their country before they will ever be accepted into the EU. Ukraine is only useful for cheap labour, but Romania, Bulgaria and Poland fulfils that need.

Also, I personally do not think Russia objects the Ukraine joining EU, I mean, Russia shares border with EU countries already such as Latvia, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Sweden, and Finland. Its about NATO, not EU. Also, even if Ukraine made it to NATO, it won't be accepted to the EU unless it fixes its economy. The EU sees Ukraine as a parasitic lover that gives only sex (cheap labour), an economical burden, but wants the whole world in return. EU is not a charity club, but an economical union.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by goodheart01: 1:58am On Mar 01, 2022
Jones4190:
Buhari will commission this 120-bed Mother and Child Centre built by Federal Govt in Benue . Ortom will receive the President on March 1 to commission several projects by Federal Govt.

Let us talk about our president too

We don’t talk about dead vegetables. That Ukrainian president is what a real president should be, and not some babariga wearing clown
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Etinosa1234: 2:00am On Mar 01, 2022
Meninmen:

And who said the US Congress have been reluctant to give aid to Ukraine?
U dey mind people wey nor dey read news...
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by goodheart01: 2:01am On Mar 01, 2022
Reference:
Hmmm.... things have taken a very dangerous turn.
The West should resist being sucked in feet first.

U should be telling that to Putin
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Etinosa1234: 2:03am On Mar 01, 2022
Farid24224:
[s]

The real reason why the Russians can't and won't be able to take Kyiv is because the civilians of the capitol are fighting the military men....It's going to look like the Russians soldiers are killing civilians...This is why the Russians won't win...

If it was the the West at war, they don't give a damn whether you are a civilian or not as long as you are armed, you are the enemy....[/s]

I thought y'all said that Russia will defeat Ukraine in two days..

Now what u just typed shows that u don't understand the rules of warfare...

You only shoot back at any thing that shoots at you
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by goodheart01: 2:04am On Mar 01, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

You and I know both USA ND UK won't fire one single shot into Russia

And how about if they fire a shot into any NATO country or use nukes in Ukraine. Pls be flexible in your thinking
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by goodheart01: 2:07am On Mar 01, 2022
chikason22:

Shut up your gutter mouth your head slammer. What do you know about international politics. Only getting your view from NL will not help you.
Now hand over that phone to the owner and goan sleep.

Kids everywhere

Ah ah why are u this harsh?? Do u want MangekyoAlt to commit suicide??
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Etinosa1234: 2:08am On Mar 01, 2022
tonididdy:
[s]
Putin is a warlord
Trust me if he wants Kyiv, he will get Kyiv.
His commands were, attack bases, airports, sea ports, intelligence centres, nuclear points.
The current diplomacy talks is Ukraine last shot at peace otherwise Putin will unleash an upgraded terror.
Ukraine is expecting weaponry, as it stands... He has surrounded Ukraine from all points. It's just the centre left to conquer. [/s]

What are u saying?

Was it not because he wants Kiev that he invaded Ukraine..

Abi y'all just like twisting words to suit ur narrative
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by TrueNigerian300: 2:09am On Mar 01, 2022
This is what the foolish president should have focused on not NATO, EU is for economic benefit and Russia has no problem with that. But the hypocrite west has denied them the EU membership before let's see how they handle it now.
Those of thinking they have a chance keep cheering them why they are dying. Here is a video of the reality of thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIRUZ-FiO9o

Mind you Russia is been careful with civilians but the western media is blowing everything out of proportion. I hope the comedian of president comes back to his senses. Russia sees Ukraine joining NATO as a declaration of war and are ready to fight with everything they have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by goodheart01: 2:10am On Mar 01, 2022
Dalil8:

OK sir, how many of those countries have nukes Huh!

Almost all the countries rallying behind Ukraine have nukes from USA, Germany, France, and UK. They’re super powers too. And the combination of all their nukes surpasses that of Russia by very far so calm down
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Noviagro(m): 2:10am On Mar 01, 2022
[quote author=IamAtikulate post=110635424]After 4 days the president realized how overrated mother Russia is.

You got it bro.
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 2:11am On Mar 01, 2022
I should be telling you to be flexible..This is day 5 or 6 or whatever..with enough shelling and destruction,what have they done...? Let me not diss you but educate you.. Is Russia fighting Nato? why does Russia need to fire a shot there? Me no understand you.. But Russia will keep bombarding Ukraine, I assure you Yankee or UK won't fire a shot into Russia territory..simple

goodheart01:

And how about if they fire a shot into any NATO country or use nukes in Ukraine. Pls be flexible in your thinking
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Elsueno: 2:12am On Mar 01, 2022
seunny4lif:

The guy is looking for way to drag EU to war because EU have something like article 5 or 6 like NATO.
Hungary and France with Germany will vote against it.

It would be extremely hard to reject him u know, the EU & U.S social media propaganda has transformed the dude into a legendary hero in which millions of EU & U.S citizens are currently worshipping... Refusing him might create a serious backlash.

Rambo Zelenskyy isn't just a puppet after all, normally getting this EU membership would be very hard or even impossible for Ukraine...it's quite interesting turkey is begging for same membership for years could it be their Chance or would they ignore them & dash to Zelenskyy in Ukraine......This is so fascinating to observe
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by bepositive11: 2:12am On Mar 01, 2022
Dalil8:

Pakistan, India, Iran, NK are all rallying behind Russia. And they're all nuclear powers.

I just wish Russian forces would capture or kill this Zelensky guy.

It'll send a very strong message to the west. But atm Kyiv is impenetrable, a hard nut to crack.

I don't know what to say to you. Capture and kill Zelensky?

No wonder Nigerians keep electing useless presidents. It's because of people like you. Zelensky is an example of a great leader but you're too blind to see it. You're there supporting a mentally sick narcissist, hungry for power, thinking that he can force people to follow him using brutality

Zelensky was offered to be evacuated by US but he refused and stayed back fight with his country men while knowing that he's the number 1 on Putin's hit list

Capture or kill Zelensky? God forbid! Your words back to you!!
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by goodheart01: 2:13am On Mar 01, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

I should be telling you to be flexible..This is day 5 or 6 or whatever..with enough shelling and destruction,what have they done...? Let me not diss you but educate you.. Is Russia fighting Nato? why does Russia need to fire a shot there? Me no understand you.. But Russia will keep bombarding Ukraine, I assure you Yankee or UK won't fire a shot into Russia territory..simple

Day 5 or 6 and Ukraine hasn’t fallen. Shame to your Putin. Russia is truly overrated. If small Ukraine can withstand them I wonder what the whole NATO he’s threatening will do to him
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Funflipper: 2:14am On Mar 01, 2022
heniford2:
Fernandezisback can now have her orgasm in its fullness cheesy grin if this happen grin

e don happen already grin
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by goodheart01: 2:15am On Mar 01, 2022
rius17:
Nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse(NEMP)!!!
Russian weapon of choice. It will ends American Empire..
THE MYSTERY BABYLON

Rev18,vs1-24

This one na another drunken supporter. I’m sure u just heard of NEMP and it sounds so big to u. Almost every NATO country has that in their arsenal so calm down
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by bepositive11: 2:15am On Mar 01, 2022
festacman:
President Putin should note that it is a FATHERLY Russia rather
than a BULLY Russia that will make neighboring countries not to look in the direction of NATO. Bullying and threats will only breed suspicion and contempt among neighbors. Imposing puppets as Presidents will only make the general populace of those countries resent Russia. President Putin made Russia's neighbors enemies rather than friends.

Although this war against Ukraine has sent a "get yourself armed" message to other countries, the only way forward now is for President Putin to clean the slate and gather his diplomatic experts to develop a new approach to relating to neighbors.

If anything, all the members of defunct Soviet Union should be more comfortable and assured in dealing with RUSSIA as a big brother than dealing with EU, USA or NATO.

People like Putin lack empathy. They don't give a damm about other people. They're too daft to understand the point you're making
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by bepositive11: 2:15am On Mar 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Way to go Zelensky, you are a brave warrior.

An example of a great leader. The world needs more leaders like him

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by TrueNigerian300: 2:16am On Mar 01, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Ukraine will be destroyed that's a fact and I'm very positive that No country will fire one single shot into Russian Territory. The fight is happening in Ukraine,na Ukraine dey scatter so keep clapping hand for zelensky ooo..He won't be president forever, Putin is gonna be there for a long long time. I advise zelensky to put the nation first like Jonathan. It's not worth the blood of innocent civilians..Right or wrong

Thank you, this is what people that are cheering him do not understand. What a foolish president!!!
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by goodheart01: 2:16am On Mar 01, 2022
Messia:

Dumb ass, Russian indeed

That WarriAproko no even sabi English. Russian indeed my brother
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by seunny4lif(m): 2:17am On Mar 01, 2022
No way
Many EU countries already said NO because Ukraine is having a ongoing war.
Ukraine to EU is automatically war with Russia.
Elsueno:

It would be extremely hard to reject him u know, the EU & U.S social media propaganda has transformed the dude into a legendary hero in which millions of EU & U.S citizens are currently worshipping... Refusing him might create a serious backlash.

Rambo Zelenskyy isn't just a puppet after all, normally getting this EU membership would be very hard or even impossible for Ukraine...it's quite interesting turkey is begging for same membership for years could it be their Chance or would they ignore them & dash to Zelenskyy in Ukraine......This is so fascinating to observe
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 2:17am On Mar 01, 2022
Honestly I wanted to be harsh on you but lemme fem and by cool about this long note. To be frank as spectators like other neutral nations like Switzerland,India and Co.. It's nice that we be objective in our permutations. I don't care if US is advance with whatever or trusting whatever. I dont really listen to people like you that deal on one sided stories like western media..Get the facts on ground, not CNN and Co. Propaganda in war is real...You saw it happen live during Jonathan's loss and Saddam stock piling nuclear weapons and all those Corona virus palava .. I repeat that no single shots will be fired into Russia territories by either US or UK.. na facts no be whether I like Yankee or not

Gainman:
because US and UK are more advanced in trusting in guns and missiles to achieve their aims. It doesn't work for them on Afghanistan,Iraq and Libya. Though it was fight against terrorist. Well advanced countries like US and UK need economic strength to deal with Putin. Go and ask Nigerians that were in Russia b4 they left their. They will let u know people are suffering in Russia. But u are here sitting in your single room deciding on who go win d war. U think this nah ps5? US can't afford to loose a single soldier talk less of her citizens. US and EU will paralyse all his political and economic strength. Do u think nah guns dey kill people most in a war. Starvation and diseases. When all these start happening in Russia. Russia citizens go rise against Putin. Even presently,many Russians are not in support of Putin decision. I wonder why my Naija brothers dey support who is causing crises. U are happy Ukrainian citizens are dying just because u hat US. Nah wao
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by bepositive11: 2:18am On Mar 01, 2022
GoodHardDick:
Na now the real war wan start so, this niggar just dared Putin to do his worst.

You're blaming the wrong person. What Putin is doing now is just pushing Ukraine more towards the West
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Etinosa1234: 2:19am On Mar 01, 2022
skybeauty:

In less than one week Ukraine, a country as powerful as Israel armed with high tech American weapons is already in rubbles. The so called America/Western air defense systems have done little or no good to Ukraine. Yet you say Russia is overrated? Russia main army have not started and this is happening. The people you see fighting are from Chechen and Russian separatists forces. By the time the main force enters Ukraine, the war will be over. America knows this and have warned Zelensky to leave Ukraine before it is too late.

Oga... Russia army is overrated...

The reason Ukraine is in rubbles is because Russia is the one invading, attacking, and bombing their cities, if it were to be the other way round, Russia would also be in rubbles...

Their ground army is nothing to talk abt.. The Ukrainians have fought gallantly no cap and they have shocked Putin to the extent that he considers using nuclear weapons cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by bepositive11: 2:20am On Mar 01, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
This zelensky must be a fool. Hes doing as he's told to do by the west. No worry, when russia is done with Ukraine, they will just call back their troops and your country will turn to Afghanistan or Libya

Zelensky wants democracy. Ukrainians want democracy. They want independence from Russia. Putin is just making Ukrainians to hate him even more

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole / Exclusive Graphic Images From Israel By First Responders / Zuma Protest: South Africans Are Taking Looting To Next Level (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.