Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension (29252 Views)

Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table / Cristiano Ronaldo And Neymar Storm Boxing Ring, Go Head To Head (photos) / Premier League Introduce 'head-to-head' Rule For 2019/20 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Westchester(m): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
A country is being invaded and people are being killed, businesses closed, sporting activities closed because of Russia but yeah let's allow Russia to play football while their stupid actions prevents the other country from playing football
Make una dey use una God given sense undecided

achimendy:
Since from the very first day i saw that news i was not in support. There's no justifiable reason to exclude Russian teams from int competitions because of the on-going war btw Ukraine and Russia. Football is football and politics is politics. After all, the russian teams didn't decide for the president. We use football as a means of promoting peace and unity and not the other way round.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Michaelbjune(m): 4:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
timay1:

You just explained a legitimate reason for a ban which is not related to politics. Two opposing fans fighting and UEFA banned the country for a sport related fight .

Are you dumb or what? grin
you misunderstood me
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by HitSong: 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
[s]
rickpat:
can CAS really do so much?..THE WORLD IS TOTALLY AGAINST THE ACTIONS OF RUSSIA..even if they are reinstated,no country would go to Russia to play them or allow Russia to come to their country to play and no nation would agree to host the game as a neutral view...the best bet is for dialogue and Russia withdrawing their troops from Ukraine
[/s]
Rubbish
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by HitSong: 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:
I see lot of fools here rallying behind Russia, you can't justify the killing of innocent people just because US did the same thing. Glad you don't have the say in all this sanctions, so continue barking undecided
I see a lot of brainwashed bastards ass-licking USA here... When bastard IsraeI was bombing Palestinians last year, they all kept quiet and some were even jubilating.
Many of these bastards are even blaming Muslims here for supporting Russia even though Russia and Ukraine are CHRISTAIN brothers killing themselves.

There is one big difference between Islam and Christainity and it is HYPOCRISY.

BASTARDS EVERYWHERE...

2 Likes

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Empiree: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
sotall:

Go and read about the two-state solution and come back with an opinion.

like I didnt know?. So where is the "two state solution" when Israel wants everything?. Where is the "two state solution" when Trump gave entire Jerusalem to Israel?. And how is two state solution corelates with this?. I simply asked you if you could condemn Israel if it attacks Palestine?. Stop hypocrisy
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by themanderon: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
I thought the so called Fifa is against meddling of politics in sports so what has changed? Or does the so called rule apply when it suits them? The hypocrisy is sickening.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by HitSong: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2022
RexMorris:
[s]Interesting.

I just pity Innocent Russians who would have to suffer for the actions of Putin.

The damage he has done to Russia's image will take A LOT to heal.
[/s]
Keep fooling yourself...
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by JohnSP99: 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2022
Livelystone01:

We blame others for labelling all Nigerians as fraudsters because of a few yahoo guys but we support the attack of all Russians because of a mad man who is not up to 5% of the population.
SMH
don't you think instead of the going to CAS, they should go to their president, FIFA &UEFA only stopped them from football, their evil president should stop killing innocent citizens,
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by ikdaddy01(m): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2022
I thought football is not supposed to interfere with politics. I am asking for my neighbors wife
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Johel(m): 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
Skyview01:

That same small matter can easily degenerate into ww3 if a nato intervenes directly into the war.
I know to the average Nigerian man, the world should burn to the ground and the only concern is watching foreign football league.

Yeah,the world should burn to the ground...alot needs to be re amended and restructured for the good of everyone.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by justuschi50: 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
neuf:

I bet you don't know anything about anything. Do you know how I can tell, I've seen a lot of you guys on this forum, just see someone say something that suits your narrative. You don't research on it. You just swallow hook line and sinker. Then start spreading the same falsehood as facts and will defend it till your last breath.
That being said, I'm in a good mood, work went well today so I'll bite.

A) It's Saddam Hussein after losing the first Gulf War that was boasting of possessing such a weapon. Yeah, the US never lied that they wanted to dispose of him, he ignorantly gave them the reason to. But I bet 100% of you that always bring up Iraq never knew that.

B) The taliban are good people yeah? so did the USSR first try to dispose of their government? That one isn't on your radar I guess. Why is the Taliban proscribed in Russia since they are such a model set of people?

C) I don't know how you guys have Internet but can't make use of it, the US wasn't in Syria to dispose of Assad, if they mean Assad, he wouldn't have been there by now. They went to Syria to dismantle the ISIS that took advantage of the Syrian civil war which started around the same time as Arab spring to carve out a portion Syria for themselves. Their operation extended even to Iraq, Libya and West Africa.
Turkey is the country that wants Assad out, they are the ones that were fighting Assad government

Lastly and I hope you don't engage in normal nairaland practice of doubling down on something even when you're wrong, read the comment you quoted again. I said and it's a fact, the US don't go about lying about their intentions.
Right now, you know the US want to contain China, guess how you knew that, yup the same US told you and the whole world.
let me reply all this trash you are saying

(A) yes after Iraq lose the war there was need to booster has defence and that was why he had to build weapons. The UN law state every country has the right to self defense right, then y is Iraq exceptional

(B) the Taliban wasn't in power when the USSR invaded. USSR invaded to help it's puppet communist government which was struggling to keep power against the American back uprising. The Taliban was formed in Pakistan after the USSR left and the warlord which is the mujahadin who defeated the USSR turn on each other. The Taliban aim was to bring Afghanistan out control. The mujahadin defeated the USSR not the Taliban. Go and check it. That is y Pakistan has good relationship with the Taliban.

(C) firstly the Arab Spring started in Egypt when a boy burn himself alive as a result of the dictatorship government, when the Arab Spring spread to Syria, rebel took up arms against the government, arms that was supply most by the USA and fought the government. Isis took advantage of the crisis with dem hold American arms , which brought shock wave to the USA . USA had to invade to fought the problem the created. Assad wasn't remove because of Russia when Russia got involve USA had to take measure to avoid clash with Russia

USA containing China they should be ready and u think China is not ready why is China buying up the world seaport. Let me end here

2 Likes

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Mrtaye: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2022
Alexgeneration:
grin You're reeking of emotions, no logic at all.

Why did ban Russia from SWIFT but still allows her to collect payments from her gas through SWIFT? Cos they can't do without the Russian gas. Imagine the number of dead people that will litter Europe if Russia stops selling gas to them? Imagine millions that will lose their jobs cos of that?
Major supplier of gas doesn't mean they are the only supplier of gas ok

Don't worry, you never begin cry.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by sotall(m): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2022
Empiree:
like I didnt know?. So where is the "two state solution" when Israel wants everything?. Where is the "two state solution" when Trump gave entire Jerusalem to Israel?. And how is two state solution corelates with this?. I simply asked you if you could condemn Israel if it attacks Palestine?. Stop hypocrisy
Its like your own history started about a decade ago. grin.

When the two-state solution first came up, who rejected it?

Who declared war and was supported by other Arab nations?

At the end what happened?

So now Palestine is screaming loud that they are blockaded.

They are screaming they are being killed.

They declared war on Israel and attacked Israel so they deserve whatever is coming their way.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by phemmyfour: 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2022
rickpat:
can CAS really do so much?..THE WORLD IS TOTALLY AGAINST THE ACTIONS OF RUSSIA..even if they are reinstated,no country would go to Russia to play them or allow Russia to come to their country to play and no nation would agree to host the game as a neutral view...the best bet is for dialogue and Russia withdrawing their troops from Ukraine
Exactly, even those in CAS are not interested in anything that's to do with Russia
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Westchester(m): 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
[s][/s]
justuschi50:

(A) yes after Iraq lose the war there was need to booster has defence and that was why he had to build weapons. The UN law state every country has the right to self defense right, then y is Iraq exceptional

(B) the Taliban wasn't in power when the USSR invaded. USSR invaded to help it's puppet communist government which was struggling to keep power against the American back uprising. The Taliban was formed in Pakistan after the USSR left and the warlord which is the mujahadin who defeated the USSR turn on each other. The Taliban aim was to bring Afghanistan out control. The mujahadin defeated the USSR not the Taliban. Go and check it. That is y Pakistan has good relationship with the Taliban.

(C) firstly the Arab Spring started in Egypt when a boy burn himself alive as a result of the dictatorship government, when the Arab Spring spread to Syria, rebel took up arms against the government, arms that was supply most by the USA and fought the government. Isis took advantage of the crisis with dem hold American arms , which brought shock wave to the USA . USA had to invade to fought the problem the created. Assad wasn't remove because of Russia when Russia got involve USA had to take measure to avoid clash with Russia

USA containing China they should be ready and u think China is not ready why is China buying up the world seaport. Let me end here
[s][/s]
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by pquaver(m): 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
Livelystone01:

We blame others for labelling all Nigerians as fraudsters because of a few yahoo guys but we support the attack of all Russians because of a mad man who is not up to 5% of the population.
SMH

When Nigeria was sanctioned was it abacha feeling the heat or me and you?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by neuf(m): 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
justuschi50:
yes they are no missile yet, because they know it will bring back the Cuba missile crisis,It was an agreement.
How will u feel when u are surrounded by your enemies drawing closer to u. When USA requested Russia shutdown it's military bases in Cuba, Russia did not refuse and yet they refuse Russia security demand u do not see the game clearly. Ukraine join NATO is likely going to start a war. Thats y Russia has to attack, and mind u Russia is not there to occupy it only want to demilitarise Ukraine, take out there military capacity.
I seriously don't know y Africans keep following the western world the is why the black man will get no respect. Ethnic Russian are been killed in eastern Ukraine and the west is saying nothing, neo Nazi killing Russian, the west turn blind eye.

first you said the US needed Ukraine to host its missiles to destroy Russia. Now you're saying oh! there are no missiles because it would bring back the Cuba missiles crisis. So why would the US need Ukraine then if it won't host it missiles like you claim? Like do you even hear yourself?

How is the NATO enemy of Russia? How does your enemy become your largest trading partner. i want to kill you but first I'll buy a lot from you to make you money. does that make sense?

Thats y Russia has to attack, and mind u Russia is not there to occupy it only want to demilitarise Ukraine, take out there military capacity.

this is funny. So let me guess, Russia will now invade Ukraine, carry all their weapons and then what, just leave. Ukraine goes back to governing itself or a proxy government will be created? It's always funny how you guys think anybody supporting the West is bias and feeding on propaganda and yet you guys fall for the most insane ones that even a toddler would see through.
If Ukraine goes back to governing itself, they will still seek to join NATO and Russia has killed innocent people for nothing. Create a proxy government and what will those people use to enforce the law? Sticks?

It's funny how you guys blatantly and disrespectfully ignored the Ukrainians and just be like Russia has the right to attack Ukraine.

Let me ask you this simple question? Are you saying you have the right to freedom of association but Ukraine don't? If yes, then i hope you're on your way to North Korea
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by justuschi50: 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
linearity:

US imposed a blockade against the Soviet and took the face off directly to the Soviet, man to man.

US did not hail hellfire missiles over Cuba and marched tanks and troops into poor Cuban and start killing then until they change their mind and reject the Soviet. That is how mature men settle disputes.

If Russia was truly as powerful as they professed, they should have square directly with US or NATO and leave the poor Country of Ukraine out of it.

Only one person died during the Cuban missile crises and it was a US spy plane pilot shot down by Cuban, America did not reiterate against Cuban, that is to show you the hallmark of maturity.

At the end of the day, all fingers cannot be equal, all Countries cannot have equal military might and they cannot all be super powers, given this reality….I will prefer a Country with democratic elected government with full deliberative powers, where the political parties diversity balance each other up and people are allowed to air their negative opinion about the government openly and their court system is open and fair than a dictator that answers to no one and a Country whose Court system are close and backs the dictator.
look at u, USA that wanted to invade Cuba, already making preparation until Soviet call for dialogue

But USA and Russia cannot go to war directly because it is called MAD( mutually assured destruction) they will both destroy them sale beyond rebuild

U prefer democratic government, see let me tell u democratic can't work in every part of the world and the USA knows this especially middle East and Africa this two region are diverse in culture and religion. Look at Nigeria as democracy worked in Nigeria ever since, No what will work in Nigeria is tribal rule each tribe rule yourself. How can UK put Nigeria under democracy, people with different thinking, religion, different mindset. Example and ijaw man will not want and Igbo man to head him, same as an Igbo man will not want an hause man to head him or hause man will not want an Igbo man to rule. For democracy to work the people must have one mindset. Haha!
Nigerian need to wise up

1 Like

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Mrtaye: 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2022
lexy2014:

You haven't answered my question:

why was the same law not applied when d US/UK invaded& scattered iraq and when NATO carried out airstrikes against gaddafi leading to his death?
Oga libyans revolted against gadaffi during the Arab spring and also USA didn't declare war on Iraq but Saddam because of his romance with terrorist so please think well before spitting
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Mrtaye: 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2022
spiralwedge:
What concerns FIFA with politics? Isn't that exactly they preach against? Don't they suspend countries where the governments are intervening in their football?

This is ridiculous. When the USA was bombarding Libya, why were France and the USA not suspended?

Smh.
Think well before spitting
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by neuf(m): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
justuschi50:

As per your claim the US were in Syria to fight the problem the created (ISIS). Then your sentence you talk about how the US took measure to avoid clash with Russia and that's why Assad wasn't removed.

Are you saying Assad government is part of ISIS?

Just using your own words, do you see how you guys create fictional scenarios that doesn't add up in the end.
If the US was there to fight ISIS, what concerns them with Assad that you first claimed the US was in Syria to remove if Assad isn't ISIS?

SMH... don't worry I blame myself, each and everyone of you are just the same and I never learn my lessons.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by mceze(m): 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
rickpat:

Russia withdrawing their troops? Why not tell Ukraine not to join NATO, and the war will end.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by justuschi50: 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
neuf:

first you said the US needed Ukraine to host its missiles to destroy Russia. Now you're saying oh! there are no missiles because it would bring back the Cuba missiles crisis. So why would the US need Ukraine then if it won't host it missiles like you claim? Like do you even hear yourself?

How is the NATO enemy of Russia? How does your enemy become your largest trading partner. i want to kill you but first I'll buy a lot from you to make you money. does that make sense?

Thats y Russia has to attack, and mind u Russia is not there to occupy it only want to demilitarise Ukraine, take out there military capacity.

this is funny. So let me guess, Russia will now invade Ukraine, carry all their weapons and then what, just leave. Ukraine goes back to governing itself or a proxy government will be created? It's always funny how you guys think anybody supporting the West is bias and feeding on propaganda and yet you guys fall for the most insane ones that even a toddler would see through.
If Ukraine goes back to governing itself, they will still seek to join NATO and Russia has killed innocent people for nothing. Create a proxy government and what will those people use to enforce the law? Sticks?

It's funny how you guys blatantly and disrespectfully ignored the Ukrainians and just be like Russia has the right to attack Ukraine.

Let me ask you this simple question? Are you saying you have the right to freedom of association but Ukraine don't? If yes, then i hope you're on your way to North Korea
USA need Ukraine to boost NATO chances against Russia, NATO is not giving Ukraine security by join, is just a stand against Russia.

Who are say I ignore Ukraine and support Russia. When the Ukrainian government have been killing ethnic Russian in eastern Ukraine and refuse to hold a referendum which they agreed the the world say anything, 'NO' up to 14000 people killed in eastern Ukraine just because the Russian majority say they want to join Russia. The west back Ukraine genocide using neo Nazi group

U said something about freedom of association and yet, USA blockade on Cuba is still ongoing till date Cuba is still blockaded nothing from the world.

When Russia attacked the aim was the Ukrainian military but western intervention made the change their tactics

Pls I need u to watched this Graham Phillips in YouTube. There u will see the truth

1 Like

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
rickpat:

If a country or club does not go to Russia to play, then they forfeit the match.

If a country does not allow Russia or its clubs to enter and play, then the country or its club forfeits the match.

There are many countries that would gladly accept to host. E.g. Belorussia, Serbia, Hungary in Europe or China, North Korea, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Burma outside Europe.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kingpin1000:
When it comes to smaller countries, FIFA will ban them for political interference. Today they are the ones bringing politics into football.
Our eyes are wide open to the deceit of the west.

Exactly!

And they also let the West bring their homosexuality campaign into our World football.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by VirileNelly2420: 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
Truth!!!! Sports build bridges not burn it...

Futbol should stay clear of politics.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I stand with Russian football on this. FIFA should ban USA for Iraq, Yemen etc.

When Asian countries refused to play against Israel UEFA absorbed them. hypocrites

Thank you!
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:
I see lot of fools here rallying behind Russia, you can't justify the killing of innocent people just because US did the same thing. Glad you don't have the say in all this sanctions, so continue barking undecided

You are a moooron!

You can not select to create & apply rules based on who you like and/or is on your side in an international institution.

Get your brain checked!
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
Timekeeper452:
what the hell is happening, I’ve never seen this much cohesion in the western world till… never pretty much

I think Putin made a big mistake and expected western countries to rip each other apart with tooth and nail, instead he united all of us like never before, while he leads one of the most unsuccesful offensives to this date

Since when the fucck did your ass become part of the Western world?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by justuschi50: 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
neuf:

As per your claim the US were in Syria to fight the problem the created (ISIS). Then your sentence you talk about how the US took measure to avoid clash with Russia and that's why Assad wasn't removed.

Are you saying Assad government is part of ISIS?

Just using your own words, do you see how you guys create fictional scenarios that doesn't add up in the end.
If the US was there to fight ISIS, what concerns them with Assad that you first claimed the US was in Syria to remove if Assad isn't ISIS?

SMH... don't worry I blame myself, each and everyone of you are just the same and I never learn my lessons.
did u not read the path I said USA were financing rebel to remove Assad, they did not want to remove Assad directly but indirectly. They went to Syria for Isis but continue funding rebel
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
PALAPALA02:
These Russians are really shameless oh

You dey invade another person peaceful country unprovoked and still wan dey live una own life as normal as if nothing happened

You wan dey play ball while your soldiers are invading and killing / bombing innocent citizens of ukraine.

You can’t eat your cake and have it

But you can eat your cake and have it when you seize other people's land, put them in a giant prison, once in a while go bomb them and destroy their houses and make them live under apartheid?

And, yet, FIFA welcomes you to play football?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2022
Wazobia2216:

FIFA is right ooooo

This will be difficult to look ay because as a country, Russian has refused to follow the lay down rules guiding these principles hence the sanction!

So if you are not dealing with a country, how can you deal with it club

What a moronic contribution!

Not an iota of sense in what was written.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top Scorers In FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Ronaldo's 2nd, Lewandowski's 4th / Frank Lampard To Become Chelsea's 'caretaker' Manager / N3,000 To N2.4m In 3 Weeks. Weekend Games Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.