Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension (29254 Views)

Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table / Cristiano Ronaldo And Neymar Storm Boxing Ring, Go Head To Head (photos) / Premier League Introduce 'head-to-head' Rule For 2019/20 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 4:59pm On Mar 01, 2022
Adjovi:

My own is is it only Russian's that are playing in these international teams? No there are players there from all over the continent. FIFA and EUFA should not spoil sports by playing politics with it.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
sotall:

Have you seen teams wearing Jerseys with inscriptions against racism, animal brutality, gender equality etc?

If yes...that is politics .

Sport is majorly for entertainment and there must be harmony between competing teams for sport to work.

Any country that invade an independent country with absolute disregard has no right for wanting to do sport with another country.

You mean like USA and Israel?

How come they have right to do sport?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 5:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
naija1stnigar:
When going to the market with a list of items you should first consider the amount of money in your pocket in order to avoid stories that touch. Putin, how market?

The market is full of polonium.

Let all these guys think they can get away with injustice by collaborating and ignoring rules to establish injustice. Then they will realise Russia too can ignore rules to establish injustice when KGB guys go around the world injecting FIFA, UEFA and CAS officials with polonium.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
idahme:

Does these names sound familiar to you Dynamo kyiv, shakter donesk, etc

The Russians have paralized the Ukrainian league and ended everything like football and other sports in the country.

The message is , allow Ukraine participate in sports we will allow you participate also.

Actions and reactions they say is equal I'm magnitude but opposite in direction.

Stop making foolish statements.

Many of you black foools have a special ability of creating your narratives to support wrong; no wonder the countries and societies you run are shitholes.

Even what FIFA and EUFA claimed is their excuse is different from you foolish one.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 5:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
jyz200:

Football doesn’t support violence or war either

Except it is war against people of a lesser race?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by neuf(m): 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
justuschi50:
did u not read the path I said USA were financing rebel to remove Assad, they did not want to remove Assad directly but indirectly. They went to Syria for Isis but continue funding rebel

guy just rest. Even you at this isn't taking yourself seriously.
so The people in Syria can't decide for themselves and what they want, the US must be there to push them.

I'm surprised you haven't said the US sponsored Arab Spring because to you people can't make decisions by themselves.

The military coups in Africa is sponsored by CIA too. EndSARS was sponsored by CIA too.
The Freedom convoy in Canada was sponsored by the CIA.

The one in Australia too Even the one in the US is sponsored by the CIA

because it's impossible for people to think for themselves except you because when you vote for a particular party in an election and other people vote the same way, you guys aren't sponsored by anybody, you each independently make that decision on your own.

But for others, they must be sponsored by someone.

I'm done reasoning with someone that shallow
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Aloof: 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:
I see lot of fools here rallying behind Russia, you can't justify the killing of innocent people just because US did the same thing. Glad you don't have the say in all this sanctions, so continue barking undecided

So the reason why Russia invaded Ukraine is because they are looking for innocent people to kill? And over 1 million Ukrainians have not died yet?

There will always be a justification for collateral Damage in times of war.

During war, innocence is the first victim _Plato.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by rayomata(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
If there are any international competitions, Ukrainian athletes will not be able to compete because of the current situation in the country.. So it was wise to sanction Russian sports body
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by idahme(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
Gamesmart:

Stop making foolish statements.

Many of you black foools have a special ability of creating your narratives to support wrong; no wonder the countries and societies you run are shitholes.

Even what FIFA and EUFA claimed is their excuse is different from you foolish one.

Since you have decided to crawl in the gutters , I will allow you do that peacefully. Do have a great day.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by neuf(m): 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
justuschi50:
USA need Ukraine to boost NATO chances against Russia, NATO is not giving Ukraine security by join, is just a stand against Russia.

Who are say I ignore Ukraine and support Russia. When the Ukrainian government have been killing ethnic Russian in eastern Ukraine and refuse to hold a referendum which they agreed the the world say anything, 'NO' up to 14000 people killed in eastern Ukraine just because the Russian majority say they want to join Russia. The west back Ukraine genocide using neo Nazi group

U said something about freedom of association and yet, USA blockade on Cuba is still ongoing till date Cuba is still blockaded nothing from the world.

When Russia attacked the aim was the Ukrainian military but western intervention made the change their tactics

Pls I need u to watched this Graham Phillips in YouTube. There u will see the truth

finally, see I didn't even know you when I said everything you will say is someone's else thought in my first comment.

have you ever researched by Cuba is being sanctioned? The idea that the US is wicked to Cuba suits your narrative so all other info about it are null and void.

quick question why is the AU and ECOWAS sanctioning Mali?

Which war or even small alteration has NATO ever engaged with Russia? that it's now looking for Ukraine to boost its chances?
Chances at what? Let's assume Ukraine joins, so what will now happen?
NATO attacks Russia? an organisation that's defensive at its core to achieve what exactly?
Take over Russia and sent Russians to Venus?

dude do you take time and reason on your own at least for once in your life?

it agitate me when someone that's grown enough to make decisions for themselves fail at simple reasoning. Jeeezz
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by naija1stnigar(m): 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
Gamesmart:

The market is full of polonium.

Let all these guys think they can get away with injustice by collaborating and ignoring rules to establish injustice. Then they will realise Russia too can ignore rules to establish injustice when KGB guys go around the world injecting FIFA, UEFA and CAS officials with polonium.
as if you are part of the event planners, Russia is fighting major countries of the world with crumbling economy guy, reason well, this war could be beyond Russia's control with what am seeing.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by hopefulLandlord: 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
eguarojeona:
Till arab countries protest not playing us for attacking them...if they haven't y'all should keep quiet from your leaking root huts.Broke people telling rich countries what to do.You have buhari mismanaging naija you haven't said anything na america una plick dey rise for.getat

Reading must be very hard for you. now go back and read the post you, try to understand it this time and give a germane response
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by hopefulLandlord: 5:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
Michaelbjune:
some people are saying that, FIFA and UEFA are bringing politics into football . okay those that have ear should listen or those that can read should go and search on Google why UEFA or Eroupen football governing body place a band on all England team 1982

because fight Brooke out between Liverpool fan and Juventus fan in the European Champions Cup against
Liverpool and Juventus.

Liverpool fan cause the fight

after losing to Juventus one nill in the final

and many people where killed and injured by Liverpool fan, so they now ban all England club for five years not to participate in champions league so if you don't know what to say go and sleep

anyway there's no time to check time 2:23

where were these bans when USA invaded Iraq against orders from the UN? they said there's WMD in Iraq but they later apologised that the war was based on false intel and there was no WMD found there. where was FIFA then?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Gamesmart: 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
naija1stnigar:
as if you are part of the event planners, Russia is fighting major countries of the world with crumbling economy guy, reason well, this war could be beyond Russia's control with what am seeing.

You need economy to put polonium in people?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by intruder15(m): 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2022
PALAPALA02:
These Russians are really shameless oh

You dey invade another person peaceful country unprovoked and still wan dey live una own life as normal as if nothing happened

You wan dey play ball while your soldiers are invading and killing / bombing innocent citizens of ukraine.

You can’t eat your cake and have it

You don't get the point. Football has always separated itself from politics. That is why players are fined or banned for some games when they have political inscription on their inner shirt revealed when they score goals.

Now, the same football body are banning Russia football team over politics. Isn't that double standard?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Michaelbjune(m): 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

where were these bans when USA invaded Iraq against orders from the UN? they said there's WMD in Iraq but they later apologised that the war was based on false intel and there was no WMD found there. where was FIFA then?

you can also ask yourself that question, the only answer I have to that your question is!!! you can't compare USA with Russia and one thing is that US is a world power okay!!!!!,
let me add this one to it maybe there was no idea to do that during the invasion.

anyway there's no time to check time 6:00
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by hopefulLandlord: 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
Michaelbjune:

you can also ask yourself that question, the only answer I have to that your question is that, you can't compare USA with Russia and one thing is that US is a world power okay!!!!!,
let me add this one to it maybe there was no idea to do that during the invasion.

anyway there's no time to check time 6:00

https://www.nairaland.com/7008604/fifa-uefa-suspend-all-russian#110640375
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by kamtamark(m): 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
So stupid Ukraine president prefer nato than his citizens. At the end I bet you on this Ukraine will regret big time even for centuries. Russia knew about the effect and sanctions of the war b4 engaging. maybe all the sanctions they were expecting have not yet come.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by ehissi(m): 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
backbencher:

Well, yes but sports should be above politics.

Agree with russia going to CAS

Believe me, its a lot better for FIFA and UEFA to suspend Russia indefinitely, its another different kettle of fish for all national teams and clubs from all countries of the world except China and Hungary to withdraw from FIFA and UEFA indefinitely...........

Trust me, CAS will gladly endorse the decision of both FIFA and UEFA than have FIFA and UEFA launch a global campaign across the whole world begging every head of state to let their nations teams to participate in world sport events........
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by rickpat(m): 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
timay1:

Well, CAS is literarily a court of law for sports related issue. As we all know, courts deals with facts and not emotions. If the Russians present their case properly, they might win.
yeah... you have a good point
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by pafo(m): 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:
I see lot of fools here rallying behind Russia, you can't justify the killing of innocent people just because US did the same thing. Glad you don't have the say in all this sanctions, so continue barking undecided

You really are the fool. Sports is about equality and it was simply wrong to ban teams and athletes because of the action of one man. They caved to the pressure is all as we know how powerful social media is to these organizations.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Empiree: 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
sotall:

Its like your own history started about a decade ago. grin.

When the two-state solution first came up, who rejected it?

Who declared war and was supported by other Arab nations?

At the end what happened?

So now Palestine is screaming loud that they are blockaded.

They are screaming they are being killed.

They declared war on Israel and attacked Israel so they deserve whatever is coming their way.

I'm not surprised. A Nigerian Christian will always support Israel even if Israel is wrong. The two state solution only was enacted in the 70s. So before 70s nko?.

Perhaps we can go back to 1914, 1919 during Balfour declaration too. Did it start there as well?. We will keep going back until we go all the way back to old testament.

Hypocrisy stinks, bro.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by toffyz(m): 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
Lawalemi:
You can go to CAS but you couldn't prevail on your President.

Nonsense and ingredient!
Oga Ade, Sport in Russia is just one of hundreds of sectors.
Its impact is very minimal!
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by petesunday: 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
Anyways, me I am looking forward to that day when Nigeria will be the world power and global politics will shift to Africa. We will make sure all West African countries do not trade with US, China or Russia. They will all be isolated and we will create an alliance with all Asian, South American and European countries to make sure if we do something and get away with it, nobody else will dare.

I wonder the kind of stories our descendants will tell of America's reign 100 years from now when global power shifts to Africa. Remember, history is written by the victors.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by soojar(m): 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
timay1:

The feelings of the protesting country doesn't matter. According to the letter of the law written by FIFA themselves, any country that boycott will be banned, just like Nigeria was banned for 2 years when we boycotted AFCON 1996 in SA because of the Apartheid brouhaha then. Even though Nigeria's action was for a just cause.

If the case gets to CAS, the CAS will look at it from a logical and factual POV, and not from emotions, which will make CAS to overturn the decision.

The only thing they can do is to prevent CAS from hearing that case at all by postponing the hearing to a far date. Because once CAS hears that case, FIFA will loose

This is totally a different case from that of Nigeria sir. It's human beings that are in CAS and they know it is easy to ban 1 country than ban 16 countries and still counting. Right now the whole world is emotionally geared towards Ukraine and no member of that CAS would want to be seen as a "devil" banning countries rising up against "devil Putin".

Come to think of it, let's assume they reinstate Russia and they ban like 20 countries from participating in World cup, how the world cup wan be? Even Qatar that want to host the world cup can tell you to move it elsewhere if Russia is coming (because it will no more be economically viable to host the world cup again with the likes of England, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands etc not participating.

Everything is politics and money matters my brother, Russia remains banned no matter where they take the case to. Except this their issue with Ukraine is resolved quickly maybe within the next 1 month which I don't see happening.

Just for clarity purpose. Nigeria was never banned by FIFA, we were suspended by CAF from participating in Nations cup, all along we were still playing qualifying matches for world cup. Nigeria went on to play in France 98 and even emerged as Group D winner despite being banned by CAF from participating in Nations cup Burkina Faso 98
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by sotall(m): 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
Empiree:
I'm not surprised. A Nigerian Christian will always support Israel even if Israel is wrong. The two state solution only was enacted in the 70s. So before 70s nko?.

Perhaps we can go back to 1914, 1919 during Balfour declaration too. Did it start there as well?. We will keep going back until we go all the way back to old testament.

Hypocrisy stinks, bro.

Yes...that's why the West keeps getting supported despite their bad side.

They have proven successful to keep religious terrorists in check.

And this is why some of you aint happy.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by justuschi50: 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2022
neuf:

guy just rest. Even you at this isn't taking yourself seriously.
so The people in Syria can't decide for themselves and what they want, the US must be there to push them.

I'm surprised you haven't said the US sponsored Arab Spring because to you people can't make decisions by themselves.

The military coups in Africa is sponsored by CIA too. EndSARS was sponsored by CIA too.
The Freedom convoy in Canada was sponsored by the CIA.

The one in Australia too Even the one in the US is sponsored by the CIA

because it's impossible for people to think for themselves except you because when you vote for a particular party in an election and other people vote the same way, you guys aren't sponsored by anybody, you each independently make that decision on your own.

But for others, they must be sponsored by someone.

I'm done reasoning with someone that shallow
you know it's the truth. One thing I realized from u western backer you pple alway lie a alot and can't accept the truth. So u won't to tell me USA did not sponsor rebel at the start of the Arab Spring when most of their weapons are western made.

1 Like

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by sotall(m): 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2022
toffyz:

Oga Ade, Sport in Russia is just one of hundreds of sectors.
Its impact is very minimal!

grin grin

Please list othet sectors that are important to Russian economy.

Tourism is out

Sport is out

Trade is out

Investment is out

International entertainment is out

1 Like

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
ehissi:

Believe me, its a lot better for FIFA and UEFA to suspend Russia indefinitely, its another different kettle of fish for all national teams and clubs from all countries of the world except China and Hungary to withdraw from FIFA and UEFA indefinitely...........

Trust me, CAS will gladly endorse the decision of both FIFA and UEFA than have FIFA and UEFA launch a global campaign across the whole world begging every head of state to let their nations teams to participate in world sport events........

At the end of the day, we set a preccedent where if the US decides to play world police, or the EU decides to do same,OR israel bombs some village in Palestine, or Iran sponsors proxies in Lebanon, Irawq and Yemen, and Saudi does same, or China keeps up its persectuon in tibet and Uighur land, or India bombs Kashmir, or even Nigeria kills biafran activists, and so forth, FIFA and UEFA better start issuing bans too...or it would seem as if CAS is partial..if CAS rules against Russia.

The thing is, everyone feels that he or she has a case for injustice. Should CAS decide to uphold the ruling against Russia, what stops say Iran from getting a similar ruling against Israel or Afghanistan against the USA? Or Taiwan vs China, or South and North Korea against Japan, or even DR COngo against Rwanda.?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by chiefconerstone: 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
They may win the case at CAS. But how will they play their gamess
No one will go to Russia and Russians wouldn't be allow to enter other countries.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by gistmega: 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2022
keep them open until you become a toast one day. The chinese are coming for Gaza soon.
Kingpin1000:
When it comes to smaller countries, FIFA will ban them for political interference. Today they are the ones bringing politics into football.
Our eyes are wide open to the deceit of the west.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Thomist(m): 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
So their sport is much important than lives in Ukraine? The idiot that wrote that thing for moscow should be stoned to death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top Scorers In FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Ronaldo's 2nd, Lewandowski's 4th / Frank Lampard To Become Chelsea's 'caretaker' Manager / N3,000 To N2.4m In 3 Weeks. Weekend Games Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.