Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,988 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Russia's Money Falls Drastically To Naira After West Tightens Sanctions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Russia's Money Falls Drastically To Naira After West Tightens Sanctions (429 Views)

Naira Maintains Steady Falls As Speculators Scoop Dollars / Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions / Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia's Money Falls Drastically To Naira After West Tightens Sanctions by onilanre(m): 12:18am On Mar 01, 2022
Russia's currency is tumbling after Western nations on Saturday agreed to put crippling sanctions on the country's financial sector in retaliation for its invasion of Ukraine.

One Russian ruble which was N5.55 before the war and sanctions drop drastically to N3.90.

The ruble also fell about 30% against the dollar today Monday making it worthless more than 1 U.S. cent after the U.S., European Union and the United Kingdom announced moves to block some Russian banks from the SWIFT international payment system and to restrict Russia's use of its massive foreign currency reserves.

The system is used to move billions of dollars around more than 11,000 banks and other financial institutions around the world.

Re: Russia's Money Falls Drastically To Naira After West Tightens Sanctions by Illuminatiship(m): 12:20am On Mar 01, 2022
Putin with problems is better than buhari and tinubu put together without problems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Money Falls Drastically To Naira After West Tightens Sanctions by NobleSeed(m): 12:26am On Mar 01, 2022
undecided
Re: Russia's Money Falls Drastically To Naira After West Tightens Sanctions by feedthenation(m): 12:27am On Mar 01, 2022
---The Ruble has gone south---less than one cent---

Re: Russia's Money Falls Drastically To Naira After West Tightens Sanctions by silverlinen(m): 12:45am On Mar 01, 2022
Better days ahead...but this thing dey affect me seriously oo.
Get this my Russian client wey suppose drop money for me yesterday, him say no way wey him go fit transfer cos putin don order all banks to stop sending cash to EU and US countries.

The thing dey vex and worry me like this.
Re: Russia's Money Falls Drastically To Naira After West Tightens Sanctions by honour7: 8:23am On Mar 01, 2022
Russia wey dey fight war and war torn Afghan currency big pass our own kai

(1) (Reply)

4 Proven Online Business You Can Do In 2022 / $Get a Bank Drop here $Sell All Crypto $Bring in Wallet Funds / Get Your Company Custom Email

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.