Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder (16173 Views)

Complete Sports Founder , Sunny Ojeagbase Is Dead / Sunny Ojeagbase Is Dead! Complete Sports Founder Dies At 71 / Akin Famewo Signs New Deal With Norwich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by kay29000(m): 9:21am On Mar 01, 2022
Akin Alabi seminars in the mid to late 2000s taught me a lot on Internet business... And Mr. Sunny was his mentor... Success Digest was the ish back in the day.

1 Like

Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by stagger: 9:30am On Mar 01, 2022
I came across his Success Digest Magazine in the late 90s. My life was changed forever.

1 Like

Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by kyriannelson(m): 9:33am On Mar 01, 2022
Rest in peace
Such a great mentor to internet marketers

1 Like

Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by Donedeal1(m): 9:48am On Mar 01, 2022
Adieu, Success Digest.
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by Fly2London3Baba: 10:00am On Mar 01, 2022
Synny Ojeagbase is an inspiration. This are the kind of persons our nation should be showcasing as great models.
I follow the teachings of his mentees and his directly.
Rest in peace to baba.

https://thenewkokoro.com/poultry-business-ideas-that-can-make-you-rich/

1 Like

Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by wink2015(m): 10:15am On Mar 01, 2022
May his soul rest in Peace.

He pioneered Complete Sports Newspaper and some other innovative business making magazine.

Complete Sorts Newspaper was one of his success story.

Now everything information is now on TOUCH BUTTON right from the mobile phone.

Only very few people now buy newspaper in Nigeria as we are now in an information age directly from our devices.
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by assholemods: 10:46am On Mar 01, 2022
Equiano:
OP and Admin, which one is "comolete sport" again? Please try dey proof read naw.
A beg go Siddon... that was a typographical error.. una like to dey carry rubbish and unnecessary things for head.
You that is correcting English what is "naw" that you wrote there? Instead of now...yeye dey smell.
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by Reference(m): 10:47am On Mar 01, 2022
A true icon.
A multi talented man and one of the founders of the motivational industry in Nigeria.
Will be sadly missed.

1 Like

Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by Fly2London3Baba: 10:50am On Mar 01, 2022
What is SM?
tunax5loon:
A great mentor. The pioneer before SM took over
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by Morelovez: 11:00am On Mar 01, 2022
Rest in peace Sunny Obazu-Ojeagbase
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by kolexy(m): 11:40am On Mar 01, 2022
Manny21:
Ojeagbese was best of the best. One of the pioneer sport journalists. You were not complete without complete football in those days if you loved football.

He was not a pioneer sports journalist
What he pioneered is Sports publishing. He indeed was a trailblazer in his field.

2 Likes

Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by tunax5loon(m): 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2022
Fly2London3Baba:
What is SM?

Social Media
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by success143(m): 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
Rip.May God grant the family, friends and his admirers the
grace and fortitude to bear the great loss.He really touched many lives not just through Complete sport and Success Digest publications but also by mentorship,seminars,workshops etc.

1 Like

Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by Bobbyjay001(m): 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
RIP sir . Those days of success digest and success digest extra.
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by officiakayc: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
RIP
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by homebase(m): 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
I was baptized into digital marketing back in 2004 by Success Digest magazine.

I am still currently earning from those skills learned from the publication and your various seminars .

RIP pastor Ojeagbese
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by luvtoteach(f): 2:30pm On Mar 01, 2022
RIP sir
My first encounter with him was through a seminar advert on Success Digest.
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by expressglory: 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2022
I once travelled several kilometers to get to his office around isolo,Lagos to get old copies of Success Digest in the 90's. He raised people like Akin Alabi,Samson Olatunji ,etc and gave his shoulder to many to climb. He was the Apostle of Success With Peace of Mind. In early edition of SD...Pastors like Sam Adeyemi were regular columnists.Apart from all these he was a committed Servant of God. I salute you Dr Sunny,you were a rare gem. Rest on with the Master till the resurrection morning.

Your death is a solemn reminder that we all must pay this debt...Thank God you came,you saw and you conquered.
Your book..How To Make It In Nigeria is still specially wrapped in my library...
GOOD NIGHT SIR!
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by AlphaTaikun: 4:32am On Mar 04, 2022
Mynd44:
https://twitter.com/akinalabi/status/1498373165088710656?t=QjINiiX2OqG6C1Tkf0L_5w&s=19
Ugh! *sigh* So Dr. Sunny Obazu-Ojeagbase has passed on at 71.
He was born in Osogbo in today's
Osun State but his parents migrated originally from Edo
hence his fluency in Yoruba just
like other children of Edo migrant worker... Dele Momodu comes to mind here as well.

It's stunning that I won't be seeing the former Nigerian Army soldier and Nigerian Civil War veteran speak live in his soft-spoken voice again.

The SD mags from the 1990s to
the 2000s were a big hit and introduced savvy entrepreneurs
to the first wave of internet business, sales copy, internet and
forum marketing, etc, long before
Web 2.0 and social media came
on stream.

My condolences go to his entire family and staff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by Fly2London3Baba: 11:47am On Mar 07, 2022
Alright. Thanks.
tunax5loon:

Social Media
Re: Sunny Ojeagbase: Akin Alabi Mourns Death Of Complete Sports Founder by dododawa1: 11:52am On Mar 07, 2022
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Week 39 Pool Result For Sat 30, Mar 2024 - UK 2023/2024 / Leicester Target Nigeria’s Ahmed Musa For Next Season / Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 41st Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.